He Loves Me Back.... Probably

By classybrown20

Hi. My name is Shawna Duncan. I've gotten myself into a bit of a situation and I need advice. Tell me, what d... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Quick Interruption...
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Another quick interruption
Chapter Seventeen
Epilogue
Important Author's Note

Chapter Sixteen

111 3 0
By classybrown20

**Hey guys, I know it's been a while. My internet has been out and my dad just got it fixed ^.^ I hope you enjoy this chapter**

Sixteen

It’s been three weeks since Dexter kissed me. I don’t know if he told Halie, I don’t even know if they’re still together.

Things between Charlie and I have gotten weird, different. I feel like he’s slipping away and… well I wasn’t stopping it. Charlie is afraid though…

We were hanging out today; we were watching movies at his house. We weren’t cuddling or holding hands, in fact, we were sitting apart from each other. It was weird and I felt… sad. Sad that I felt like this, that I felt like he was slipping away.

“I feel like I’m losing you,” Charlie said randomly.

“What?” I asked him.

He paused the movie and said, “I feel like I’m losing you Shawna and I can’t get over the fact that I know you feel it too, but you’re doing nothing to stop it.”

“I’m sorry,” I told him.

“See? That’s exactly the type of bullshit I’m talking about!” he shouted. “I tell you that I feel like I’m losing you and that’s all you have to say. You don’t even tell me that I’m not losing you. You don’t tell me that I’m being silly. So I know you feel it and now I know that you don’t even care. That’s bullshit Shawna, I thought you loved me.”

“I do love you,” I told him.

“Do you? Do you really? Because I don’t feel like you do anymore and I’ve been trying everything to get that feeling back. What the hell happened?” Charlie asked me.

“Dexter kissed me,” I told him.

“W-what?” he said, taken aback.

“He kissed me and I kissed him back,” I said and turned my head so I wasn’t facing him. I felt emotionless, cold. I didn’t feel guilty and I didn’t feel sad. But I didn’t feel like I wanted to leave him either.

“Dexter? Halie’s boyfriend Dexter?” Charlie asked me, worry coated his voice.

“That’s the one,” I told him.

“You… you didn’t-?”

“Did I kiss him back? Yes I did. Did I enjoy it? I don’t know… it was different. Do I wish it never happened? I do,” I said.

“What are you trying to say, Shawna? Are you breaking up with me?” he asked, angry now.

“No, I’m not. I do love you Charlie, there’s no doubt in my mind that I do. But I kissed him back for a reason, a reason that I don’t know. I’m confused Charlie,” I said.

“So… are we… should we go on a break?” his voice cracked on ‘break’.

I looked at him and saw that he was crying a little bit. My heart softened and I wiped the tear from his eye, “No, I’m not saying that. I’ve gotta figure some things out for me, it has nothing to do with you. I promise.”

“Shawna, I love you and I would die if I ever lost you,” Charlie said.

“I love you too,” I said and kissed him. “Oh… by the way, Halie’s pregnant.”

Charlie’s jaw dropped.

His eyes changed to a deep, deep blue.

He clenched his fists and then his jaw.

“So now I have to kick his ass for kissing my girlfriend and because he got my sister pregnant?!” Charlie screamed.

“Charlie calm down, I don’t even think Dexter’s the fa-“

A door opened and in walked tired, worn out Halie. “Hey Charlie, I’m home from-“ she looked at Charlie’s deadly facial expression and his angry composure. She looked at me with indifference and continued with what she was saying, “Oh, she’s here.”

“Halie. What. The. Hell,” Charlie growled.

Her eyes grew huge, “What?”

“You’re pregnant?!” Charlie screamed and advanced on her.

Her mouth dropped open, “Who the hell told you?!”

“Word gets around, Halie. Who the hell is the father?” he asked trying to rein his anger.

“D-Dexter,” she cowered.

“Bullshit,” I mumbled.

She heard me but she rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms and I noticed her leg twitching, “We didn’t have sex okay? We were going to, but I didn’t want to get pregnant.”

Charlie laughed.

“Just hear me out, okay? We were fooling around and he rubbed his… thing… and,” Halie took a deep breath. Her cheeks were bright red. “And he, like, rubbed the tip and then he…” she wiggled her fingers. “There must’ve been some… stuff… on there and… now I’m pregnant.”

“How is that even possible?” Charlie argued.

“I looked it up online and there was a really low chance of me actually getting pregnant and, well, the odds weren’t in my favor,” Halie said.

“What are you going to do?” he asked and squinted his eyes at her.

“I’m going to abort it, obviously,” Halie said as if it were as simple as cheating on math homework. “I can’t ruin my life just because of one little mistake.”

“So you’re going to kill your baby?” he screamed at her. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“This is my decision, Charlie, not yours!” she growled.

“Jesus Christ, how ignorant can you get?! This is a human life we are talking about. You’re talking about killing a baby that has fingers and toes!” he yelled at her.

“Will you just shut up? For one second? I haven’t even told Dexter yet,” she said.

“It doesn’t matter, he’s a cheating bastard. Do you think he’s going to actually stay with you?” Charlie hollered.

But Halie wasn’t listening to him anymore. I watched her face drop as Charlie said ‘cheating’. I could feel her heart breaking. “Ch-cheating?” she asked weakly.

Charlie’s face went blank, he looked from me to her, “I-“

Halie looked at me, realization flashed in her eyes.

I could have sworn on my life that she was going to kill me there, but instead her eyes filled with tears and betrayal was thick in her voice, “It’s not enough that you stole my brother, but you cheated on him with my boyfriend. Who are you?”

There was nothing I could say. “It was an accident,” I said quietly.

“An accident?” she asked me. Tears fell from her eyes. “How?”

“I asked him about your pregnancy. He didn’t know and he said you guys never had sex, he assumed you were cheating on him. He was crying and I was comforting him and it was accidental. It lasted five seconds and it was over. I’m so sorry,” I told her.

“I can’t believe you,” she wailed.

“It was a mistake,” I pleaded with her.

Halie bit her lip in an attempt to hold back her cries, “I’m in love with him and you… you just go and kiss him?”

“He kissed me,” I told her.

“He kissed you?” she asked quietly.

“Yes,” I said just as quiet.

There was silence then. The awkward tension was something that I have never felt before. It stayed like that for a long time.

“I hate you,” Halie said after a while.

“I hate me too,” I said as a tear slipped out of my left eye.

I wish I could just start over. Charlie did nothing but stare at the ground with his fists clenched. Halie collapsed on the couch and cried silently, her right hand was holding her abdomen protectively.

As for me, I stayed standing and felt my lone tear roll slowly down my face. I swam in my self-loathing. I wish my mother was here so she could help me out with this, maybe then none of this would ever have happened.

And then I got a call from my father.

I was to come home immediately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...