Chapter Sixteen

**Hey guys, I know it's been a while. My internet has been out and my dad just got it fixed ^.^ I hope you enjoy this chapter**

Sixteen

It’s been three weeks since Dexter kissed me. I don’t know if he told Halie, I don’t even know if they’re still together.

Things between Charlie and I have gotten weird, different. I feel like he’s slipping away and… well I wasn’t stopping it. Charlie is afraid though…

We were hanging out today; we were watching movies at his house. We weren’t cuddling or holding hands, in fact, we were sitting apart from each other. It was weird and I felt… sad. Sad that I felt like this, that I felt like he was slipping away.

“I feel like I’m losing you,” Charlie said randomly.

“What?” I asked him.

He paused the movie and said, “I feel like I’m losing you Shawna and I can’t get over the fact that I know you feel it too, but you’re doing nothing to stop it.”

“I’m sorry,” I told him.

“See? That’s exactly the type of bullshit I’m talking about!” he shouted. “I tell you that I feel like I’m losing you and that’s all you have to say. You don’t even tell me that I’m not losing you. You don’t tell me that I’m being silly. So I know you feel it and now I know that you don’t even care. That’s bullshit Shawna, I thought you loved me.”

“I do love you,” I told him.

“Do you? Do you really? Because I don’t feel like you do anymore and I’ve been trying everything to get that feeling back. What the hell happened?” Charlie asked me.

“Dexter kissed me,” I told him.

“W-what?” he said, taken aback.

“He kissed me and I kissed him back,” I said and turned my head so I wasn’t facing him. I felt emotionless, cold. I didn’t feel guilty and I didn’t feel sad. But I didn’t feel like I wanted to leave him either.

“Dexter? Halie’s boyfriend Dexter?” Charlie asked me, worry coated his voice.

“That’s the one,” I told him.

“You… you didn’t-?”

“Did I kiss him back? Yes I did. Did I enjoy it? I don’t know… it was different. Do I wish it never happened? I do,” I said.

“What are you trying to say, Shawna? Are you breaking up with me?” he asked, angry now.

“No, I’m not. I do love you Charlie, there’s no doubt in my mind that I do. But I kissed him back for a reason, a reason that I don’t know. I’m confused Charlie,” I said.

“So… are we… should we go on a break?” his voice cracked on ‘break’.

I looked at him and saw that he was crying a little bit. My heart softened and I wiped the tear from his eye, “No, I’m not saying that. I’ve gotta figure some things out for me, it has nothing to do with you. I promise.”

“Shawna, I love you and I would die if I ever lost you,” Charlie said.

“I love you too,” I said and kissed him. “Oh… by the way, Halie’s pregnant.”

Charlie’s jaw dropped.

His eyes changed to a deep, deep blue.

He clenched his fists and then his jaw.

“So now I have to kick his ass for kissing my girlfriend and because he got my sister pregnant?!” Charlie screamed.

“Charlie calm down, I don’t even think Dexter’s the fa-“