Chapter Eight

• Dedicated to Sam Sheridan, who told me my story rocked and made my night last night <3

~I hope you like this chapter (: Picture on the side is of Hayley Kiyoko, who plays Monday Jackson~

Eight

“So,” Monday said while licking her spoon free of ice cream, “Charlie and you are perfectly happy?”

“I wouldn’t say perfectly… I want to tell his sister, Halie. I’ve told you about her right?” I asked.

“Sure, sure the other best friend, sister to the man of your dreams,” Monday smiled. “When do you think you’ll tell her?”

I sighed and looked at my empty bowl, “I don’t know. It’s frustrating.”

“I can understand how,” Monday said with a crooked smile.

“You’re loving this aren’t you?” I asked.

Monday looked down, “Your life is so much more interesting than mine.”

I rolled my eyes at her, “Are you kidding me? You have the perfect life right now.”

“Well, yeah, I mean I have Jake, a totally rad job, a decent family… well okay my life is perfect. But I don’t have any drama in my life!” Monday laughed.

“Would you like to tell Halie that I’m dating her older brother?” I asked.

Monday shook her head, “No, but still.”

I sighed.

She shifted her soft brown eyes to mine, “Shawna, everything will work out, I promise.”

“Yeah, but I’m not dating your brother,” I mumbled.

Right on cue, Jae Jackson entered the room looked at me, rolled his eyes and said, “You two are going to get fat.”

“Shut up Jae,” Monday snarled.

Jae and Monday are infernal twins and their attitudes clash severely. They both have brown hair and brown eyes, but everything else is completely different.

Jae stuck his tongue out and stole the rest of the ice cream.

“Jesus Jae, get the eff out of here!” she snarled at him. “God if you ever dated him I’d ask if you were high.”

“I would never date Jae,” I told her.

“Good, you’re not my type anyway. You’re too… blonde,” Jae stated.

“And you’re too douchey so it works out,” I smiled with a polite façade.

He rolled his eyes and retreated from the living room.

“So how’s Jake?” I asked.

“He’s good, he’s really good,” Monday smiled to herself. “So tell me more about Charlie.”

And so I did. It seemed like I was talking for hours. It was fun to tell someone, other than Charlie, about how great he is and how happy I am with him. I know Halie would love to hear about all of this, if it weren’t for that Charlie was her brother. This just sucked.

It was eight thirty-two when Charlie rolled into Monday’s driveway.

“I’m so happy we got to catch up,” I said.

“I am too. Hey me, you, Charlie, Jake. We’ll double date or something okay?” Monday smiled.

“That sounds like a plan. Movie night at my house or something? We’ll talk,” I smiled at her.

“Good deal, now go to your lova,” she said.

“Bye,” I said, smiled, and then hugged her.