Chapter Nine

~Hello fellow lovers of this book :D This is just a filler chapter so it's not that eventful, nor is it that important. Anyyyway I hope you enjoy it (: Photo is of Justin Long who plays Milo Gerber (Charlie's best friend) Vote/like/comment if you'd like (:~

Nine

I sniffled and wiped my eyes free from the smeared makeup form my tears.

“Hey, are you okay now?” a soft, deep voice whispered.

I whimpered and buried my head in the nook of his neck. I inhaled strongly to stop my pounding heart. I also smelled the guy that was holding me. He smelled like Axe and motor oil.

“I’m fine, Jason,” I sighed.

Jason gave me a knowing smile, “That was a pretty big fight back there.”

“Yeah well… I know,” I sniffled.

I looked at the necklace I was wearing. It was a best friend one that Halie and I bought together. I took the charm in my hand and yanked hard on it. The chain broke in two. I sighed.

“So are you going to stay with Charlie?” Jason asked.

“I think so,” I said and looked around his car awkwardly.

“I know what can cheer you up, if you don’t mind leaving school that is,” Jason smiled mischievously.

I returned his evil smile, “I don’t mind at all.”

*Charlie*

I went running when I caught wind of the fight. I rounded the corner to Shawna’s locker but she wasn’t there. I puffed out a breath and went looking for Halie. All that bitch does is cause problems.

I found her at her locker with Dexter looking really pissed off. From the smirk on her face I could tell she was talking about Shawna.

Now, I was furious at her.

I shoved her against her locker and screamed, “What the fuck did you do to her?”

She shoved me back, “I didn’t do anything that was worse than what she did.”

“Oh grow up Halie!” I shouted. “So what if she has other friends? She doesn’t always like to hang out with you. I’m sure she gets tired of you and all of your bullshit.”

Halie laughed sarcastically, “She hardly even talks to me. And whenever she’s over she’s with you.”

“That’s not true,” I growled.

“Why do you always have to take my friends Charlie?” Halie asked furious. “We had a rule and you broke it again!”

“You wanna know something Halie? Emma and Tamera were meaningless to me, want to know why?” I asked.

Halie stood there looking at me lethally, waiting to hear what I had to say.

“I was using them to forget about Shawna. All of the girls I’ve ever been with were to forget about Shawna. I’m in love with her- I have been from the moment I saw her. But I knew something like this was going to happen if I ever acted on my feelings. So I shoved them down and hoped those girls would make me forget about her,” I explained.

“They obviously didn’t,” Halie rolled her eyes.

“I survived three painful years without even glancing at Shawna. I decided to do something for me and you had to ruin it. You know what Halie? Fuck you,” I spat.

“I hate you.”

“Good. The feeling is mutual,” I snarled and stormed away.

I walked up to my small group of friends. I crossed my arms and scowled. And then I wondered where Shawna went.