Chasing After The PA | Comple...

By DaymareXNightdream

Hunter Blackthorne, CEO of the most powerful company in the world. Young, attractive and extremely arrogant. ... More

Hello!
Preface
Official Playlist
Chapter 1 - Interview
Chapter 2 - Caramel Macchiato
Chapter 3 - Cheaters Never Win
Chapter 4 - A Date With A Familiar Face
Chapter 5 - The Kardashians ft. My Date, My Ex And My Boss
Chapter 6 - Reminder From A Dark Past
Chapter 7 - Sleepover!
Chapter 8 - Goodnight
Chapter 9 - We Date
Chapter 10 - You're Living With Me
Chapter 11 - Roses Are Red...
Chapter 12 - Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight
Chapter 13 - Gideon Harris And Erica Who?
Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?
Chapter 15 - Necklace Of Lies
Chapter 17 - New Goal: Make Her Mine
Chapter 18 - I've Got A Migraine
Chapter 19 - Red Velvet And Hot Pockets
Chapter 20 - Cuddles, Chris And Couple Costumes
Chapter 21 - I'm As Straight As A Broken Ruler
Chapter 22 - Halloween King And Queen
Chapter 23 - Alexander Hamilton
Chapter 24 - Midnight Conversations
Chapter 25 - Holiday Spirit
Chapter 26 - Unwanted Proposals and Holiday Cheer
Chapter 27 - New Year, New Love
Chapter 28 - Time Apart
Chapter 29 - Best Friends Give The Best Advice
Chapter 30 - Bonding With Exes
Chapter 31 - Unofficially Meeting The Parents
Chapter 32 - Breakups And British Devils
Chapter 33 - Prรจs Du Coeur
Chapter 34 - I Love Him
Chapter 35 - Confessions
Chapter 36 - To The Moon And Back
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy Birthday
Chapter 38 - Dead Flowers And Used Band-Aids
Chapter 39 - Daisies
Chapter 40 - Dishonest Lies
Chapter 41 - I Quit
Chapter 42 - Letting Go
Chapter 43 - Grey
Chapter 44 - Between Two Worlds
Chapter 45 - I Miss Her
Chapter 46 - Lay Your Head Down
Chapter 47 - Don't Believe Everything You See
Chapter 48 - Welcome Home, Brother
Chapter 49 - Cucumber
Chapter 50 - Losing Her
Chapter 51 - The Prince Charming To My Cinderella
Epilogue
You Asked, I Answered!
Bonus Chapter - A Very Merry Blackthorne Christmas

Chapter 16 - A Poke To The Butt And A Kiss On The Lips

26.5K 1.2K 60
By DaymareXNightdream

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter of Chasing After The PA! Now this will be the last chapter before I start school again so chapters may not be as frequent as I want them to be :( I will try to have at least 1 chapter out every two or three weeks and although I do have my chapters planned, I won't really have the time to be always writing them like I did during summer so I apologize in advance for any late-late uploads. I like to take my time on writing each chapter, I believe in quality over quantity and since school is starting, It will take me even more time than usual to write a chapter since I will be focused more on school than anything else (haha Asian parents and all) :P.

I just hope that you guys can understand and... yeah, that's all I wanted to say.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter, vote, comment and share and I'll see you all later <3

Song- Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud

~Jessica

"I was afraid. Of getting hurt in other ways. To be truthful, I still am."

His thumb stroked her cheek. "I would never hurt you."

"I don't think you can promise me that." She squeezed his bruised fingers. "But it makes things a bit more equal, to know that I can hurt you, too."

His gaze fell to her lips. he said simply, without any trace of irony, "You are killing me."

-Tessa dare, One Dance With A Duke

**********************************

A week had gone by and Jordan still hadn't woken up.

The flowers sent to his room had started shrivelling up, just like the hope that Gideon had of Jordan waking up. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't worried that Jordan was still in a coma but for Gideon's sake, I didn't show my anguish.

Although Hunter had this hostility towards Jordan, he still allowed me to see him each day after work before heading home. I visited Linda a few times while I was there, she never brought up our first ever conversation but always made sure to ask how Hunter and I were doing slipping in a few sly glances towards me earning a few confused looks from Hunter.

It was currently Monday morning, which meant another gruelling week at work. I was on my second cup of coffee already since nights at Hunter's were never the most relaxing. Although He did give me my own room to sleep in, knowing that I wasn't at home with Becca and that Jordan was still at the hospital kept me up.

I would have almost fallen asleep on my desk if it wasn't for the knock at the office door.

"Come in," I said as I fixed my hair and straightened my back.

Hunter walked in happily holding a magazine in one hand. "Payton! Just the person I was looking for!"

"This is my office," I spoke unenthusiastically, "who else do you think would be here other than me?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Anyway, look at this!" Hunter threw the magazine on my desk and gestured for me to pick it up.

The front page had a picture of Hunter and I kissing on the sidewalk.

There was large words at the bottom of the page:

Is Blackthorne in an even more serious relationship than we thought?

I felt my heart rate speed up a little at the thought of that night. I put the magazine down and looked at Hunter. "Okay, why did you show me this?"

Hunter sighed. "The public is starting to believe that we are a real couple, isn't that what you wanted?"

"Of course that's what I wanted," I said forcing smile. "But I have to warn you, the next time you try to kiss me you might be meeting my fist."

Hunter smirked. "You kissed back though."

I paused for a second. "Well what else could I do?"

"You could have connected your fist with my face like you mentioned two times already."

"O-okay, fine I didn't punch you so what? Would you rather have me punching you? Because I could do that right now," I grumbled.

Hunter raised his hands up defensively. "Woah, no need to go all aggressive, I was just joking around. But now that people have seen us kissing, we could do it more often."

Oh yes, I'd love that.

"No way," I crossed my arms. "Kissing you once was traumatizing enough I don't need you to do it again."

"You seemed to be into it," he teased.

"I didn't like it at all," I lied through my teeth. "What is there to like?"

Hunter grinned and picked me up off of my seat.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I screeched trying to wiggle out of his grip. He threw me over his shoulder and started to walk out of my office. "Put me down!"

"Not until you tell me that you enjoyed the kiss!" He laughed and continued to walk. I tried to hit his back with as much force as possible but Hunter just chuckled.

I wasn't about to admit to him that I enjoyed the kiss.

Hunter started to walk out of his office and I started to panic. What the hell was he doing? Everyone working on this floor will see! "Hunter! What are you doing? Put me down right now!" I whispered loudly.

"I'm not doing anything until you admit it!" Hunter chortled as he ran around the floor, through cubicles and towards the elevators. I blushed as I saw everybody staring at the scene and covered my face in embarrassment. He stopped at the elevator and pressed the button to go down. As we were waiting, I could see Nancy's amused face looking at me from her desk. As the doors opened, Hunter stepped in and pressed the button to the 19th floor and waited for the doors to close.

"What are you doing?" I grumbled as I continued to try and wiggle out.

"I'm going to bring you to each floor and run around with you on my shoulder until you admit to me that you enjoyed the kiss!"

"What if I don't admit it on any floors?"

"Well then I'll run around in New York as well!"

I groaned. "Now you're being childish."

"Then so be it!"

*****

Hunter did go through with his plan and continued to bring me floor to floor creating a huge scene.

On the ninth floor, I was finally able to grab a pen from one of the cubicles without Hunter noticing it, that's when I started to formulate a plan to escape.

After working here for about a month, I knew my way around the building and knew where a few hiding places were. If I could somehow get out of Hunter's grasp I would be able to hide somewhere and buy myself some time. Once we got to the elevators my plan came into play.

"Hunter, would you please let me go?" I asked sweetly.

"Nope, I kind of like having you over my shoulder."

I sighed, he just had to do it the hard way didn't he? I quickly uncapped the pen and poked his butt, forceful enough to make it hurt but not enough to actually create a wound.

I smirked when I heard Hunter let out a squeak and he suddenly let me go as the doors opened. I quickly fled out of the doors and sprinted for the stairwell to go down to the 4th floor where there was a closet where they kept all their cleaning supplies. I looked back to check if Hunter was following me but he wasn't. Relieved, I made my way to the fourth floor looking back at each turn just to be sure. Once I got to the closet, I closed the door, blocking it with a few heavy boxes that were in there and then sat down in a corner catching my breath.

I chuckled as I imagined Hunter rubbing his ass and waddling around like a penguin glaring trying to find me.

I probably sat there for about ten minutes until I heard a knock at the door. I sat silently and didn't move.

"Payton, I know you're in there!"

"Payton! Open the door please!"

"Payton, if you don't open the door in five, I will kick the door open!"

"One..."

"Two..."

I got up.

"Three.."

I went over to the door.

"Four..."

I placed my hand onto the door knob.

"Five!"

I twisted the door knob right as Hunter kicked, the door swung open and he fell into the closet taking me down with him. As we fell over Hunter quickly twisted me around so he would take the impact. As we crashed down, I fell into his chest and Hunter quickly wrapped his arms around me so I couldn't escape from him again.

"No leaving this time," he whispered as he rolled us over and pinned me onto the ground. My breathing hitched and I could feel my heart beating even faster.

What was this man doing to me?

My lips slightly parted and I looked into his hazel eyes but I noticed that his were already looking at mine. "Admit it Payton," he said softly, inching closer to my face.

"No."

Hunter picked up the necklace that he gave me which was resting on my chest and he looked at it for a second before looking back at me with a genuine smile. I remembered the night when Linda had told me the story behind the necklace.

"You don't find love, love finds you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. "

At that exact moment I realised something.

That whether or not I wanted to, I had already tripped and I was indeed falling for him, but that wasn't my fear. My fear was that those feelings may not have been reciprocated. Loving someone who doesn't feel the same is like using a black crayon on black paper, it just isn't there no matter how hard you press. But at the same time, a small part of me had hope that maybe, that paper was white.

"I liked it, okay?" I said softly looking away.

Hunter grip on me loosened and he pulled me up so I was sitting. Our faces were centimetres away and I could smell his minty breath. "What?"

I gazed into his eyes and sighed, "I liked the kiss."

Hunter sat still for a minute with an unidentifiable expression on his face. His lips slowly curved upwards and he pulled me onto his lap. I tensed for a second before relaxing against his chest. He grabbed my chin and pulled my face to his close enough that our lips were practically touching.

"Prove it to me."

I looked up at his eyes to check if he wasn't joking then at his lips. Slowly, I closed my eyes and connected my lips to his. Hunter didn't even waste a second before he started press onto my lips as well.

I could feel Hunter's heart pound against his chest as his hand grabbed the back of my head. The butterflies in my stomach turned into rabbits bouncing around and the fireworks from last time came back, this time stronger than ever before. Our lips felt like two puzzle pieces that connected perfectly with each others.

When we finally pulled away, Hunter's eyes softened. "Admit it to me one more time," he grinned.

"I liked the kiss," I whispered.

"Good, because I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't."

I gave him a perplexed look, "why?"

"Because they're the only lips I ever want to kiss for the rest of my life."

I didn't really know if Hunter was playing me or not, but I let it happen because even if It was just a game I knew that I was already destined to lose so all I could do was play along and have fun until it happened.

:O

Ok, so I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't really expect for this to happen, it just kinda flew into my head and I grabbed it by the wing and flew off with it...

WTF did I just say?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, until next time... <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 18.3K 26
*No one messes with fire and goes unburnt.* "Twenty four hours is my most generous offer to you." He says with no trace of pity in his tone. Her eyes...
98.6K 3K 59
โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ, ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ.โž Living in a world...
262K 9.8K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
229K 12.3K 40
An ambitious Indian-American CEO mixes business with pleasure when she finds a hot-headed investor for a new venture. However, when forces threaten t...