Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

You Don't Like Christmas?

29.5K 890 846
By GeekEvergirl

............................
Hello people!
How has been going back to school? Everyone still standing?I already had a test today, argh.

So from now on, there will be many time jumps. Now it is a small one, but after some things happen, there will be anither one, and then another one, and little by little the time jumps will be bigger.

Just to warn you that this is not edited, as I wanted to post this before one of my readers fell asleep, as it is quite late for her.

I decided to put the picture of Shawn's tattoo for those who don't know how it is (I doubt that you don't but there are some people who aren't really Shawn's fans who are reading this story so I thought this would help).

I hope you enjoy!
Xxx,
Sara
............................
Sadie's POV:
No matter how many times I read it, I couldn't process it. My mind right now was just as blank as the lines that I was supposed to write on. I clutch the sides of my head, as I take a deep breath and look at the clock, which tells me that I have more 40 minutes to finish this.

My head seemed like it was about to explode, the deafening silence in the room multiplying everything I was feeling by a thousand. I close my eyes and continued to try to regulate my breathing. I felt like these walls were closing up on me little by little, and I was trapped. I had to get out of here. But I couldn't.

I looked again back down at the paper, and I felt lost. Was this the Physics exam? Or the Maths one? Maybe History?

Sadie, you are going crazy. You can do this. This is your last exam, before you only have the Art and Music exams left, and you're done.

Always remember...Things will get better, I promise.

I repeat that to myself, and calming down, I take my hands from the sides of my head, and I read the question again.Ok, I know this... I start going through a song in my head until I reach the part I was looking for, and getting the answer, I write it down, smiling a little to myself as I got the hang of it. I felt the familiar rush that always goes through me when I am finding a pace on doing a test, making my mind work faster. I could do this. Just this exam, and everything would be over.

***

It was such a pleasant day, the sun shining brightly, the cloudless sky pale blue, and I just wanted to get a book and read outside. But I had to finish the preparation for my Art exam, plus practice my presentation.

I stepped inside the house, the cold air of the strong air conditioning hitting me hard. I went straight to my room, where I dropped my backpack on the floor next to my bed, and I immediately changed my clothes. Setting up my working area on the floor, I had newspaper under my piece of work, a cup filled with water next to it and some brushes waiting to be used. My computer was positioned on the opposite side to the water cup, where I opened Spotify and pressed the shuffle button.

My heart gave a little skip when "Treat You Better" started playing right away, and I smiled. I am so proud of Shawn. Just like the rest of his album which came out a about a month ago, "Treat You Better" is a major hit, and his music is so big right now. And he even performed in Madison Square Garden, which he sold out in a blink. I feel a slight pang as I remember that if it weren't for the end of year exams, I could have been there to share such a special moment with him.

"I know I can treat you beeeetteeer, than he can. And any girl like you deeesseerves a gentleman." I sing, as I dip my brush in the cup of water, and then dip it in black paint. With it, I continue the guitar that was already half painted, the A3 poster divided in four equal squares which each had a different variation of the tattoo.

The teaher had decided to extend the project, making it our final exam, and part of the grade would be based on our preparation sheet. This included an explanation of the symbolism of what I chose to do, and had to show that I had tried to do it with different materials.

So here I was, finishing what had taken me months to do, and had then to reproduce the final piece  from blank in four hours. Four freaking hours.

Hours passed by without me even noticing, as I painted and listened to the music and got deep in my thoughts. I didn't even notice my phone lighting up, signaling that I had a message. I only noticed when I sensed some movement next to me, and looking at my computer, I saw a tab pop up, being it of a facetime request. I accepted it and stopped the music, careful to not smudge paint on my computer. That's when Shawn appears.

I missed him so damn much.

"Hey princess! How was it today?" He asks me straight away.

"I kind of panicked, but that song saved me. You can't believe how much that helped me. Thank you so much. You're amazing." I say smiling, truly grateful. I had been having trouble memorizing some things for the exams, so Shawn had helped me by going through the trouble of changing the lyrics of his songs by the things I didn't know, and I just had to remember the lyrics to memorize. I still wonder how I got so lucky to have someone like him.

I lo- like him so much.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I helped. But hey, it is over already, isn't it?"

"Not really. I still have the Art and Music exams tomorrow." I say, showing him the thin brush in my hand.

"Those don't count!" He snorts. "You'll ace them with eyes closed."

I roll my eyes, sighing as I make the final touches on my piece.
"And you? What are the next things on the calendar?"

"Not much, actually. I have some performances and interviews for the next few days, and then I am back to Canada. I can't wait to see everyone! I haven't seen my parents since they helped me move out." he beams as he thinks of going back to his home town, a twinkle in his eyes. I know how much he loves it.

And yes, Shawn moved out already. He is now living in a apartment in Manhattan. He likes it, though he is always telling me how it feels kind of lonely.
"I'm really happy for you." I say sincerely, smiling at his beaming face.

"And it's so weird. I can't believe that Christmas is in only two weeks. This year went by so fast, don't you think?"

I could have said no, as it seems like an eternity has gone by since the last time I saw him. But thinking in general, the year flew by. I feel realization hitting me hard, as I remember like it was yesterday the day when I was at my grandparents house last christmas feeling incredibly bored and down, and found Shawn's music. And now fast forward one year, and we are dating. Woah. I would never have believed if someone had told me that day what the future awaited.

"Yeah, you're right." I say, nodding.

"I like Christmas a lot. Don't you too?" He asks me, and feeling bad for not agreeing as much, I bite my lip.

"Um...it gives me holidays, so I guess I like it." I smile lightly and shrug.

"What? You don't like Christmas? It is the best holiday! How can't you like homemade food, and the house being so cozy, and being together with your family, and the snow outside?"

I stay silent for a moment, looking back at my art piece that is already done. That's how I had always wished to spend Christmas. But it never was like that.

"They are not like that for me, you know?" I say, and Shawn doesn't say anything, waiting for me to explain more. "The food is always ordered, and we don't have snow. It is always boiling hot outside. And family time with my family really isn't much. My mum likes to sleep early, and my dad has worked during Christmas many times. Sometimes it is cool when Emma and Aunt Martina are over, but they are not coming this year, and neither are we going to visit my grandparents."

I sigh, and feeling that this was getting me slightly down, I put a smile on my face and tease. "Just me, mum and dad. Fun!"

I notice Shawn's uneasiness, not really knowing what to do. So he changes the subject. "Can you show me you ultra master piece?" He asks, and I chuckle, shaking my head, as I get it and turn it towards the computer. I hold it in front of me for some moments, and when I don't hear him say anything, I poke my head over the poster, in order to see him.

"Sadie, this is incredible. I didn't know you were this good."

I feel myself blushing, as I mumble a "thank you." Shawn is a master at making me blush.

I look at the watch on tge top right corner of my computer, and I sigh, knowing I had to end this call.

"Look, I really wanted to continue chatting, but I have to practice for my presentation..." I say.

"Can't I watch you practice? I love to hear you singing. Pretty please?" He asks, making his puppy eyes and putting his hands together. I laugh at this, and I knew I couldn't say no. How can anyone say no to a person this cute?

"Ok, fine. But if you tease me-"

"I would never do that. Now come on and play!" He says excitedly, as I lay my laptop on my bed and walk over to my eletric piano.
"Song and composer?" He asks just before I start, and I roll my eyes.

"Mercy by Shawn Mendes."

***

"Guys, can't you see it? We're free!" Violet says with the brightest of smiles, as we walk out of one of our school buildings and are embraced by the heat outside.

"You are, Violet. Not all people get to travel for their holidays. Or at least not all people travel one week before the school ends. I still have to come."

"But you guys won't be doing anything!" She states as if it is the obvious. "You will, what, recieve your exams back, the most?"

"Because that's a very calming and relaxing thing to do." I say, sighing, and Aria's face drains of colour as she thinks of her exams results. The sun suddenly is on my face as we leave a shadowed area, and not being able to see where I am going, I shield my eyes with my hands.

"Ok, so lets stop talking about exams. Um, what do you guys want to do?" Violet asks. Aria comes back to the present, jumping up and down.

"Oh! What about that new movie that just came out?"

"That's an idea. Sadie?" Violet waits for my opinion.

"Sure, why not?" I shrug, not really feeling doing anything else but sleep. However, Violet would be travelling in two days, and then I wouldn't see her for two months. So I went with them.

The lessons at school were now composed of either doing absolutely nothing, or recieving back our exams. Until now, I had been very happy with my results, everything being A+. It had been my best exam results that I ever had, and now that I think of it, it also had been the time I had best handled the pressure that came with the exams. I still panicked, but much less.

By Wednesday, I had been given back all of my exam grades, so I felt confident enough to ask my mum to miss the last two days when I walked into the living room.

"Sadie, dear, you're home! How was school?" She asks me as I sit on the couch next to her.

"Boring. Uneventful. All we did was chat and mess with our phones. And nearly anyone is coming to school anymore. We were only 7 in the whole year group!" I say. "Do I really need to go to school these next two days?" I plead, nearly getting on my knees. I was completely alone. None of my friends were coming anymore, their parents letting them start their holidays earlier.

"Did you get all of your exams back?" She asks strictly, her severe look implying the question and were the results outstanding?

"Yes. And I got above 90% in everything." I say, for the first time not afraid that she would get disappointed. Sometimes she wouldn't like very much when I came up with only an 80%.

"Ok, alright, they were good. I think you can miss." She says. I hug her, and feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I was now officialy on holidays. No more homework, no more projects, no more tests. Absolutely nothing for two months.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much!" I say, pulling away.

"No problem." she says smiling, and getting my backpack that sat just beside of me, I stand up to return to my room. I basically skip towards my room, but when I am nearing the stairs, my mum speaks up. "Wait, Sadie, I forgot to tell you something. There was a change of plans. We are actually travelling these holidays."

I come to a halt, turning to my mum slowly. She looked very nonchalant about this. Maybe I was imagining it?

"Sorry? I didn't listen properly."

"We're travelling. Actually, we are leaving this Sunday." She says this very matter of factly, like it was something you hear everyday.

"What?!When did you plan this?! A-and where are we going?" I ask, still too shocked with this news flash. I feel the corners of my lips turning upwards as a suspicion forms in my mind. "Wait, are we going to Madrid to see Aunt Martina and Emma?"

"No, we aren't. We are going to somewhere new. You know, to change things a bit. It's a place I am sure you will love."

I feel my heart giving a somersault of excitement as I walk back to where my mum is. "Are we going to Greece?" I ask, hoping this was the answer. I know, crazy right? But I have always dreamt of going there, and my parents promised to take me there someday. Or at least pay for the trip...

"No, no. We are not going to Greece, Sadie."

I take a deep breath, trying to control my hype. Why is she keeping this from me?

"Where are we going then?" I ask, impatient.

That's when my mum can't hold the nonchalant expression anymore, and smiles. "We recieved an invitation from the Mendes family to spend Christmas with them."

I simply blink back at her, not believing this. "A-are you telling me that we-?"

She nods, and then says words that I couldn't believe were being said. "We are going to Canada."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 10.9K 39
"What's so special that's in that journal of yours?" Justin's eyes gleamed with curiosity and for a second, I thought he was teasing. "Nothing." "The...
5.7M 213K 57
She sings when she's home alone; he asks her to keep it down. {highest ranking: #2 fanfiction} © 2015 by dimplefeels
257K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
87.1K 2.3K 34
The first time I met Brendon, I thought he was the waiter. All in all, not exactly the best first impression.