VISIONARY ↠ A. LIGHTWOOD

By SHuntersCommunity

Visionary: relating to or having the ability to see visions in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural appari... More

P R O L O G U E
P L A Y L I S T
O N E || Scream
T W O || Mundane
T H R E E || Valentine's Alive
F O U R || Vampires
F I V E || "I love you"
S E V E N || "I'm here, it's okay"
E I G H T || "Go ahead, Lightwood."
N I N E || Parkour
T E N || Safe in His Arms
Information
ELEVEN || Fire in Mumbai
Hello everyone

S I X || Always worried

6.4K 173 2
By SHuntersCommunity

"Where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick, Addie." Jake stood in front of her with worry in his eyes as he pulled her up shaking her shoulders

"I was with Simon and Clary, we went on a camping trip."

"Why didn't you tell me? You missed 8 training sessions. You could have been attacked and you wouldn't have known what to do because you missed training."

Jake was always like an overprotective brother towards her, if she so much as missed one phone call he would track her iPhone and show up next to her within mere minutes. He always tried to stop her from talking to boys and would never allow boys to talk to her unless they were Simon because he knew he'd never hurt her.

"I'm sorry, I forgot; you really do need to stop worrying so much. You're getting stress wrinkles." Adelaide started rubbing the imaginary wrinkles from Jake's forehead, he swatted her hand away and straightened his deputy uniform out.

"Alright Addie, I should go I'm late for work."

--

"What do you mean you need my help?" Adelaide asked through the phone at the grumpy shadow hunter.

"Well, Clary seems to think you could be a good asset for us and what better way to find out then have you help us on a mission in search for Magnus Banes help?"

"So, what you mean to say dear Alec is you would like my help on one of those impossible missions I'm too young, naive and mundane for."

"You're insufferable! Just... Will you please help us, me."

"You're lucky the life of a college student is slow during the semester breaks, Lightwood."

--

"Keep your weapons ready. You don't know who or what could be here." Jace was first in the group to walk through the infamous Pandemonium club, Alec made sure that Adelaide was behind him but in front of Izzy to make sure she was guarded from all directions.

"Magnus." The group turned towards Jace as they heard him announce the entrance of the warlock.

"Clary Fairchild. You've grown into a beautiful young woman." His black nailed hands outstretched to move some of her hair back out of her face.

"Magnus Bane, so you're the one who stole my memories." Clary tried to look as though she was angry at the warlock but it failed as he moved closer to the group, Adelaide stood between Izzy and Alec, with a hand on Alec's left shoulder as she peered around him looking at the scene before her.

"At your mother's request, my dear and she knew the risk. Now, show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter."

"Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." Adelaide stepped around Alec and stood next to Clary, her stance more steady than Clary's and the tone more fierce allowing the warlock to know they meant business.

"Ah, a visionary. How lovely to meet you, but unfortunately I have to confirm it's authenticity. As a visionary you should know that I'm not going to run, I am a man of my word I will repay my debt."

"Amor verus numquam moritur - True love cannot die. Oh, how I've missed this jewel." Magnus looked at the fine piece of jewellery and smiled as though a wave of nostalgia hand washed over him, immersing him in all of the memories of the jewels past.

"Now, it's your turn to pay up." Jace stepped forward bruiting at Magnus like he truly believed his smoulder that made Clary weak at the knees would do the same thing for Magnus.

"I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them; I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping." He played with the necklace, fumbling it between his fingers.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Jace stepped forward angered at Magnus' dismissal of the fact at hand.

"To protect Clary and the Cup, If Valentine ever captured me, he could torture Clary's memories out of me just like he tortured Dot." Adelaide's eyes widened at the statement and moved closer to Clary. The two girls and Simon had grown up with Dot, she'd always been the big sister Clary and Adelaide never had and the sister that didn't pull Simon's hair or wrestle with him.

"Tortured? Wait, is Dot okay?" Clary grabbed Adelaide's hand in fear, Adelaide gripped her hand tighter in comfort.

Magnus' face suddenly became regretful at the words he had just spoken and he looked at Clary with a sympathetic face. "You don't know? Dot is dead. I can't feel her magic anymore; Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother."

"Oh, my God." Clary's eyes began to water slightly and Adelaide pulled her into a side hug as the warlock stepped towards the two girls.

"Come with me, Clary, and bring your friend, my lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could." He looked between the two redheads as he silently pleaded with them, Adelaide looked back at Izzy who shrugged at her as if knowing the Spencer girl was looking for advice. As she went to cast her gaze to the opinionated Lightwood it became apparent that he was no longer there.

"No, I'm - we are not going anywhere with you." Magnus sniggered at Clary's words clearly thinking she was stupid to pass up the offer of a warlocks protection, especially since Valentine is once again at large and would no doubt come for Clary sooner or later.

"Don't be a fool, your mother would want you to live."

"Then help me get my memories back from whatever demon you gave them to." Clary was seemingly becoming impatient with Magnus as her tone was ever so carefully laced with venom, not a lot but just enough to make Magnus realize she meant business.

"Valentine is hunting you, too; every moment we're outside my lair's protection, is a moment Valentine gets closer to finding us. So, I suggest you both come with me." The outstretched had which was placed between the two girls send a wave of nerves over Adelaide, there is no way she wanted to go anywhere that she didn't know but if Clary were to accept, she equally wouldn't want her to go alone.

"I won't offer again." Magnus was now growing tired of waiting for a reply to his generous offer and put more demand in his tone. His eyes

"No, I won't hide from my problems and neither should you." Magnus looked at Adelaide, eyebrows raised and his hand now facing her, she looked down at it, it was like a ticket to freedom or at least a temporary halt in the war.

"I'm sorry, thank you for the kind offer but I am going to have to decline too." Magnus gave a weak smile to Adelaide as he retracted his hand and placed it back where it once was by his side.

"Look out!" The shout came from behind the group and within seconds a red arrow flew passed Adelaide's head and embedded itself into the chest of a man holding a seraph blade in one hand, as he fell, his neck came into view and the same rune that Hodge had on his neck was being sported but on the neck of the offender.

"Valentine found us." Magnus had disappeared through the portal and Clary had grasped on being left with a button, as the group piled out of the club, Clary was holding back with Izzy as she was shaken by the fact her one chance to find her mother had disappeared into thin air.

Adelaide followed behind Jace and Alex who were bickering about Clary and Alec's refusal to call her by her name. Jace turned around and yelled straight at Alec, the Lightwood took the abuse Jace was giving him, Adelaide felt sorry for him, even though he was an ass to the two people she considered family.

Clary piped up behind the commotion causing all arguments to come to a halt and everyone looked at the upset girl. "People are dying because of me, and Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him, now we're never gonna find him; I will I will never get my memories back." Clary through the button away but Jace caught it just in time.

"You give up way too easy." He placed the button between two hands closing his eyes.

Adelaide moved in closer to Alec and whispered to him. "What is he doing?" Her eyes never once left Jace and the thing he was doing.

"He's tracking Magnus, be quiet and keep your distance, the button belonged to Magnus; Jace can pinpoint the location using that."

"No. The signal's not strong enough, Magnus must be blocking the track." Jace turned towards the Lightwood boy and nodded at him, "Let's do this, Alec." Alec walked towards Jace and they cupped the button between their hands.

"What are they doing?" Adelaide and Clary looked at each other confused as to why they were holding hands and staring into each others eyes.

"Parabatai tracking, when parabatais track, their power grows stronger, Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together." Izzy tried to explain the whole ordeal to the two girls but Adelaide was still confused regardless of the explanation.

"Yeah, this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimate, if you ask me." Izzy looked at Adelaide with a smirk.

"You don't know the half of it."

"Got him!"

--

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" The group looked at the fence, Adelaide was once again between Alec and Izzy for protection which seemed to be at the command of none other than Alec himself.

"Not exactly." Alec explained to the redhead. "It's a Warlock glamour, it allows a passerby to have no idea what is really stored on the inside. It's somewhat like the glamour on the institute."

"Something's wrong, it's been far too easy to get this close, his protective wards must be down." They all walked into the warehouse, Alec looked back at Adelaide every now and then to make sure she was still in tow.

He turned to look directly towards Clary with a scowl. "You Don't get in the way."

"Oh, God! Valentine found" The group ran through hoping to locate the warlock before something terrible to happen. "Magnus!"

"Daddy! Daddy? Daddy, get up, please!" Adelaide looked towards the little girl who was leaning over her dad in tears, the girl stopped in her tracks, tears brimming in her eyes, Alec noticed the lack of her presence behind her, he walked towards her.

"Watch out!" Clary ran for the girl and kicked the circle member away from her as Alec grabbed the Spencer girl and shielded her from the ambush before moving away from her when there seemed to be an all clear.

"Thanks for that." Adelaide had finally come out of her trance and looked up at the worried Lightwood boy, Alec pulled Adelaide out of the room and towards the talking in the other room. As Jace had taken down the circle member and Clary brought the younger girl with them hoping it would keep her safe.

Alec and Adelaide snuck into the room where they heard a loud crash, as they stood in the doorway they could hear the conversation, the circle member was taunting Magnus about killing one of his friends. "Well, lucky for us, he sold you out before I took his warlock mark. Oh, Cat's eyes, they'll be a nice addition to my collection."

As the circle member went to step towards they cat-eyed warlock, Alec pulled back the arrow and shot it into the members leg causing him to fall to the floor in pain. Magnus took the opportunity to attack him with his magic, killing him.

"Well done." Alec commended the warlock as he lowered his bow, looking at Adelaide to make sure she was still by his side. As the three of them headed to join the others Clary made her way to Magnus checking he was okay.

"I heard what you did for Zoe, you risked your life without hesitation to save a young warlock child." His tone showed a level of gratitude Adelaide had never heard before, as they stepped back to allow Clary and Magnus to have their moment Alec turned to Adelaide and saw the line if blood running down her arm.

"Are you okay? You had me worried back there, you froze."

"I'm fine, Lightwood. It just brought back some memories."

"Well leave the nostalgia for another place, probably one a little less dangerous, Spencer." The two walked back to join in the conversation.

"We need to work together. Help me." Clary had clearly struck up a deal with the warlock as Jace followed in seeming to be interested in the change of heart.

"I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you retrieving your memories will not be easy." Magnus seemed skeptical about making the offer but knew it was the only way he could repay Clary.

"I will do what I have to do."

"All right; we're not safe here. The lair's location has been compromised, hold tight, everyone, we're about to move." Magnus turned to the group and opened his hands, a blue light came from his palms as he moved them around before pushing them together which moved them to the new location.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 634 22
It's what he sees, what he hears, unbearable things only the strongest can stomach. A much unwanted fate for someone like him. Someone like Alec Ligh...
137K 4.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
322K 8.1K 38
"I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen I was supposed to protect you" "It's fine. I'll just have to live with it or should I say be dead with it...
110K 2.4K 35
A bold young woman, Reader who doesn't have the will to care about consequences and is all over the place, takes a liking in Mr. everything has to be...