A Human Worth Falling For (Bo...

By A_Cumberbatch

○Completed○ When Cas returned all of Dean's memories of their life together as teenagers, everything seemed p... More

In Which We Start Anew
In Which They're Almost Normal
In Which Castiel Contemplates
In Which Cas Discovers Marvel
In Which They Shop
In Which Cas Worries
In Which We Watch
In Which Dean Realizes
In Which We Have Some Angst
In Which There Is A Hunt
In Which Cas Is Left Alone
In Which Cas Makes A Call
In Which Dean Goes Dark
In Which We Leave
In Which They Leave Too
In Which He Returns
In Which Dean Is Trapped
In Which We Need To Help
In Which Sam Has An Idea
In Which He Can Take Care Of Himself
In Which Things Aren't Better
In Which They Live Happily Ever After
In Which The Truth Is Revealed
In Which They Are Finally At Peace
In Which It Ends
*New Story*

In Which I Just Want To Help

193 13 0
By A_Cumberbatch

{Cas's POV}

We stepped inside the bunker, but everything seemed off. No one had spoken a single word the entire drive home, and we continued in the forced silence as we glided around like ghosts. I made my way to the kitchen, while Sam went to the library, and Dean left down the hallway leading towards our room.

After I finished making our burgers, one of the few meals I could make. I retrieved Sam first since he was closer, then went to get my boyfriend.

"Dean," I said, lightly knocking on the door. I attempted to push it open, but it was locked. "Dean! Lunch is ready!" I tried the doorknob again. "Dean?"

He didn't answer.

"Dean? Are you okay?" He was starting to worry me. "Dean!"

When he still didn't open the door, I went after Sam. I stayed on the other end of the hall as he tried to talk to his brother. I couldn't imagine what was going on in Dean's head right now. First, he lashed out at me; then, he ran away; now he was locked inside our room. Something obviously happened, but I didn't know what.

I only hoped that Sam could get through to Dean.

~~~

In the end, Sam couldn't get Dean to come out or even respond to him. We spent the rest of the week trying to coax Dean out of the room. I don't know when he ate; but at some point throughout the day, he always took the food we laid out into our room.

After what felt like an eternity of this monotonous routine, I leaned against the locked door. "Dean? Please listen. I don't know what is going on with you, but I can't help if you don't tell me. I still love you, no matter what has happened in the past couple weeks. I just want to help; Sam just wants to help. Please talk to us. Let us help you." I touched my hand to the door, imagining that Dean was doing the same. "I love you," I whispered, getting up and leaving to talk to Sam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 132 12
Castiel is a "functioning-single father" who is trying his best to raise his energetic and happy toddler, Jack. Dean is the anxious yet macho big bro...
9.3K 393 33
Castiel awakes from a coma with amnesia and a supposed husband. Cas struggles with his memories, his health, and the journey to rediscover his feelin...
3.5K 255 10
Sam is in an accident that renders him unconscious in the psych ward for a few days. Dean visits him but someone else has caught his attention: a qui...
196K 7.1K 28
(Sequel to Dance With Me. If you have not read the first book, I suggest you do that.) You and Dean were together, when you left him because you...