Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Open Relationship - Chapter 7

1K 24 6
By kryzme

New Chapter! I'm sorry it's not that long, but I don't want to go into the date with Landon quite yet, because  I wanted to stretch that out. ALSO, Spring classes start on Tuesday so updates will be slower :/ 

Happy New Years Eve everyone! Thought of your New Year's resolutions yet? ...me neither....

Pic of Landon to the side in his hot sexy sexiness....sigh...

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was staring into space, remembering Landon asking me out on Sunday. It was Thursday now and our Friday date was fast approaching. “Earth to James! James!” Erica snapped her fingers in my face.

“Huh?” I asked and looked up to see her grinning. “What’s that smile for?”

“The expression on your face. Like you just won the lottery or had really great sex. Or both.” She answered and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Oh shut up.”

“How’d that date go last weekend? You never updated me.” She pouted and sat on my desk. I felt a smile spread on my face and she laughed. “Aha! It was really great sex!”

“Well, yeah! But stop saying it so loud!” I hushed her.

“Oh please. No one’s listening.” I looked around at the bored people waiting in the room and shook my head. They were all engrossed in their phones or zoned out. “So when are you seeing him again?” she asked me.

“I don’t know. But I have a date tomorrow.”

“With a different guy?” She exclaimed. That made a few of the heads turn our way. She lowered her voice. “Who are you and what have you done with my sweet innocent James?” I shoved her playfully.

“Oh hush. Noah’s in an open relationship. I can date whoever the hell I want.”

“Does this new guy know?”

“No, but I’m going to tell him...” I said with a shrug.

“Once you know what you’re doing hun.” Erica said, sliding off my desk and starting back to her office. “Let me know how it goes!”

“Eh…” I replied back to her going back to the papers I was supposed to be sorting. I went home that evening, tired and not looking forward to my shift at the club tonight. I had taken Abby’s shift so that I could have Friday off seeing as I didn’t usually work during the week.

I changed my clothes and walked out, sluggishly moving along the sidewalk in the direction of the club. I jumped when my phone buzzed in my pocket and I picked up, seeing that I had missed four calls throughout the day. I narrowed my eyes and answered.

“Hello?”

“James Harris?”

“Speaking.”

“This is the principal of Allen-gate High School. You sent in your application to shadow a teacher in the coming semester?”

“Yes,” I said, feeling my heart start to beat faster.

“We’d like you to start next month the week before registration. You will shadow your assigned teacher three days a week until the end of the semester. How does that sound?”

“That sounds amazing! Oh my, thank you so much!” I gasped, completely in shock. After the phone call I was the most elated I’d felt in a while. I entered the club and saw both Hollis and Wes sitting at the bar and Wes cocked his head to the side.

“What’s that giant smile for?” He asked and I started jumping up and down.

“I got the internship! I start at the beginning of the semester!”

“That’s only in a month James! I’m so happy for you!” Hollis said, pulling me into a hug.

“Did you tell mom and dad yet?” Wes asked and I shook my head.

“No, I only just found out.”

“Call them now!” he pushed and I dialed the number, not able to get rid of the smile on my face.

“James?” My mother’s voice came over on the other line.

“Hey mom, I have some exciting news to tell you!”

“You’re getting married!” She shouted and I moved the phone from my ear.

“No! No!” I said, panicked and Hollis started laughing. “I got the teaching internship for next semester.”

“Oh congratulations honey! Now all you have to do is meet a really nice guy and…”

“Mom! Stop! I’ll get married when I’m ready!”

“I know! I know! I just want to see all my children happy and settled! I know that you’ve worked really hard on this teaching career to get where you are and I’m very proud of you. But I also know that you want to have a family so I’m just making sure you’re heading in the right direction.”

“Mom, I called to tell you my good news, not to get into an awkward conversation.”

“Okay, okay. It’s wonderful to hear from you dear. I think your father and I will take a trip into the city and we’ll have a celebratory dinner!”

“Oh, no…mom that’s not necessary…”

“Yes! We’ll see you this weekend honey!”

“No! Mom!” She hung up before I could continue. I looked over to Wes and Hollis who were laughing. “It’s not funny!”

“Stop complaining. We haven’t seen mom and dad for a while now.” Hollis said.

“Yeah, but the last thing I need is mom asking about Noah.” I pointed out.

“And Landon…” Wes added.

And Landon! Thanks for reminding me Wesley.” I sneered his whole name and he frowned at me.

“Don’t worry about it. Mom won’t be worried about you dating two guys. Just the fact that one of them already has a girlfriend.” I smacked the back of his head.

“Shut up already.” I snapped at him. “As if I weren’t already stressed enough.”

“Don’t worry so much.” Hollis assured me. “Let’s just get through the night and look forward to the fact that we’ll see them this weekend.” I nodded and tried not to think of what I would tell mom when she came this weekend. How in the world would I explain the situation with Landon and Noah? How could I tell her what was going on when in truth, I had no idea what was even happening?

            Friday night came too fast. I was nervous, but I didn’t want to admit it to Wes who was chuckling in the corner. I was running around the room trying to finish getting ready for my date and he was finding my motions amusing.

            “Don’t you have something you should be doing?” I asked him, irritated.

“Nope. I have the night off.” He answered with a smile.

“So instead of going on a date yourself with one of the many girls who asked, you’ve decided to spend the beginning of your night trying to make me uncomfortable.”

“Yup.”

“Urgh.” I grunted, reapplying my lipgloss in the mirror. The buzzer went off and Wes hit it before I could.

“Hello?”

“Um, hello? It’s Landon, I’m looking for James?”

“She’s ready, I’ll send her down for you.”

“Stop talking about me like I’m something he ordered.” I snapped at Wes and he laughed.

“I hope you like ‘em well done.” He added into the intercom and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You’re ridiculous.” I muttered at him before grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

“Love you!”

“Love you too!”

“Be safe!”  

Oh I will…” I sang suggestively.

“Eww! I don’t want to hear stuff like that!” He yelled to me as I closed the door, laughing.

I opened the door and saw Landon standing at the sidewalk, looking at his phone. “Hey there,” I said quietly and he spun around with a smile. His eyes widened when he saw me and I blushed.

“Wow, look at you.” He held out a hand and led me down the stairs to him. “You look amazing.”

“Thank you. You look good too, all dressed up.” I commented with a smile. He really did look good in all black with a sexy smirk.

“Let’s head out.” I was surprised when he led me to a very nice looking car. I wasn’t an expert but I could tell it was luxury.

We were driving and Landon glanced over at me. I caught him checking out my exposed legs and I tried to hide my smile. “So how does a girl like you stay single? I’m not complaining, I’m just pleasantly surprised.”

“Oh, well, it’s not that I…how do I say this, I’m not exactly single.”

“What?” he asked, and I could hear the displeasure in his voice.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in a relationship or anything. I’ve just been casually dating this other guy too, but it’s not anything serious. He’s in an open relationship too so it’s nothing you need to really worry about.”

“Right. Interesting.” Was all he said.

“You’re not upset are you? I really wanted to go on this date with you and I don’t want to make it awkward, I just thought you should know.” I explained hastily.

“No, no. I’m not upset, I just should’ve known you’d be someone I’d have to fight for. Well, bring on the challenge.” He said, looking over at me with a smile.

“How do you know I’m even worth it?” I asked.

“So far you are. I’m sure you just get better from here.”

This guy was really too much so far, and I meant that in a good way. Was it possible to fall for two guys at once? Because…I feared I was dangerously close to becoming very, very confused.

____________________________________________________________

 What do you all think of Landon? In't he a DREAAAMM BOOAAATT?? :)

I hope you guys liked it!! Please vote and comment! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 46.3K 30
Typical teenage romance story: A breathtakingly beautiful young woman who is constantly labeled as a social outcast, gets her life turned upside down...
281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
370 17 13
For a very long time, she had loved this boy named 'Jared'. Jared was very skillful in basketball, he was a member of a basketball team which explain...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...