Tampered (NaNoWriMo13) *Editi...

By Mistiemiller

A woman living on her own thinks her life has been turned upside down when she is kidnapped and through In Vi... More

Day One [Edited]
Day Two [Edited]
Day Three [Edited]
Day Four [Edited]
Day Five [Edited]
Day Six [Edited]
Day Seven [Edited]
Day Eight [Edited]
Day Nine'[Edited]
Day Eleven [Edited]
Day Twelve [Edited]
Day Thirteen [Edited]
Day Fourteen [Edited]
Day Fifteen [Edited]
Day Sixteen [Edited]
Day Seventeen [Edited]
Day Eighteen [Edited]
Day Nineteen [Edited]
Day Twenty [Edited]
Day Twenty-one [Edited]
Day Twenty-two [Edited]
Credits

Day Ten [Edited]

64 2 0
By Mistiemiller

She Had blond hair that just barely reached her shoulders. Golden and shiny it still did not take from the blue of her eyes. Looking at Serenity with brown hair and a few natural looking highlights I determined that beauty must be a package deal with werewolf genes. Serenity had chocolaty brown eyes that just seemed to draw you in.

Announcing that they had to get to work Serenity and Makayla left while Payton gathered her things so we could leave. When Payton climbed onto the quad behind me I couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in my stomach from her close proximity. Pulling my focus from her delicate grip I steared the quad towards the are mom said the in-lawsuit would be.

We almost missed the heavily camouflaged house with vines going from ground to roof. I parked the quad and we went searching for the door. Once I found it I called out to get her attention and began pulling the vines enough we could open the door. Finding the vines to thick we memorized the spot and ran back to my house to get something to cut it.

With a pair of sharp hedge trimmers we were able to get the door open. The inside of the house was dark with the vines covering the windows. The small house was bigger on the inside. The house must be built into the mountain range behind the house. With the help of flashlights we began to look around for a fire place.

The fireplace was at the very back of the house and we managed to find it even though there was furniture stacked in front of it. It seemed as though whoever put the furniture there did it on purpose so nobody could get to the fireplace or the area around it. After a while we realized we couldn't move everything alone. Payton called her brother Ash to come help.

Ash made things a lot easier. His muscles were toned for fighting and the life of a warrior. He easily lifted one end of the couches while Payton and I struggled under the other end. After the furniture was moved Ash was curious what we were looking for. We explained the key and he offered to stay and help for just in case we had more heavy lifting.

Searching the ground and the inside of the fireplace we couldn't seem to find where the key went. We expanded our search area and found a keyhole on the wall behind a light switch cover. We inserted the key and turned it. To our surprise the whole fireplace opened on a hinge and there was a path through the mountains. Grabbing lights we decided to take the path and see where it goes. I took the lead and Ash brought up the rear so he could keep track of his sister’s safety.

The path went on for what seemed like forever. The darkness just kept stretching. We followed the path all the way to see what seemed like a dead end. There didn't seem to be a latch or anything that could open to any other place. Ash crossed his arms and leaned on the wall at the end of the path. Mumbling something about this being a waste of time the rock moved and he fell through. The rock covered a hidden room that was full of hammocks and beds built into the sides of the caves. There was a doorway that led to what looked like an infirmary that held doctors supplies. Back in the main room we found another room that seemed to look like an office. The thing that caught my eye was the name on the desk, Jonah Nairo. That’s my grandpa. I wonder if this has something to do with the pack.

Moving to the desk I looked into the drawers and I found a bunch of paperwork on people I didn't know. I showed Payton and she shrugged but Ash recognized a few, “These are the Pack elders. Alpha Nairo had this place built for in case we needed to leave the other two pack houses. It’s like a bomb shelter. When I was a baby there was this big problem with rogues banding together and taking out the different packs in the area. They made this place as a precaution. My dad told me that Alpha Nairo had talked about a place he made but he died before he could even tell the location. The key must have been a way to unlock the old city after he died.”

It was weird to think that my grandpa I never knew left those keys with the intention of me finding them. He must have known that we would find out about werewolves and want to help them once we stumbled upon the keys. Mom told me that Werewolf blood was in her genetics and she didn't know till a little while ago. Grandpa knew, He knew we would find this, he knew we would help the wolves, “Maybe I should tell Alpha Michael I found this. I have two more keys, maybe they unlock other stuff like this.”

“You can tell him when you take Payton back,” Speaking of Payton she had disappeared. Like she had sensed our thoughts turning towards her she yelled for us. We went to see that she had opened the third door and it led to the out side. We were at the base of the mountains. There was a tilled field that was fenced off like it was supposed to be a garden of some sort. There was a slow flowing river that would be perfect for fishing. The other side was a forest that was probably good for hunting. This was set up in the perfect place to live providing everything for yourself.

Once we were done exploring the immediate area I noticed the sun was pretty high in the sky, “Oh no Payton you have to be home remember?” A look of panic hit her face and we were all running through the cave and back to the main house. Payton and I jumped on the quad and as I turned it around Ash was already taking off through the trees leading the way.

Payton was home just in time to leave again with Makayla to go on patrol. Ash showed me to where Alpha Michael normally was this time of day. Ash knocked and with Alpha’s approval we entered his office.

“What brings you two here?”

“Aiden here had something to tell you.” Ash nudged me slightly.

“I found some keys at my house, that’s how I got the key to the safe house, we went searching for where the second key went and it turns out it goes to a bomb shelter style safe house my grandpa had built. It cuts through the mountains to an area that is perfect for survival.”

“You found it?”

“Yea the entrance is in the old in-law suite to my moms house.”

“Well that is wonderful. Do you know where the other keys go?”

“I havent had a chance to look. I wanted to see what you thought of it all.”

“Well Aiden, it is great that you found this. You can keep that key until we need it. You should take over where your granddad left off in it. As for the other keys do you know what they said?”

“Living like bears and Basement Dweller.”

“The bears you might want to see if you can find a cave somewhere. Basement dweller I’m not sure where to tell you.”

“Do you know any other buildings around here that my grandpa spent time?”

“There is a fishing Shack north of your house. I think thats about it though.”

“Well I will keep looking and let you know what I find.”

“Sounds good to me. How close are you to shifting?”

“I haven't gotten it to work but when I found that shelter today I kind of felt a pull. I was thinking about going back later tonight to try to shift.”

“sometimes pups have trouble shifting and we send them off with a warrior to shift. Kind of like a quest to find your wolf. If you felt a pull you should go there but There has been a band of rogues hanging close and I think maybe you should take a warrior with you. When you are in the middle of a shift you are very vulnerable. Ash happens to be a warrior, I’m sure he could go with you a few days.”

“I wouldn't want to impose.”

“As a warrior it is his duty to protect the pack. You may not have had your ceremony but with your bloodlines it's just as close. Besides it will only take a couple days if you have found the pull.”

“If he wants to go then I would be happy to have him.”

“Young Alpha Nairo I would be honored to accompany you.” Ash’s formality was shocking but it let me know just how seriously they took bloodlines. Ash grabbed his things and put them on my quad before shifting and running towards my house. I followed quickly behind him.

Walking in my house I was excited to see emily walk past me. She is only a few days old but she has developed to what seems like a one year old. Grayson and Evianna are the same the only difference being they can't climb the baby gate yet. Picking emily up and avoiding looking at those green eyes that would surely make me feel bad for bringing her to mom I headed to the living room where I actually only found dad and he was asleep on the couch. I tapped him a wake and handed him the struggling Emily before asking if Ash and I could go camping so I could find my wolf. When I told him how close to the old in law suite I would be he finally agreed. Just as I was getting ready to leave Emily seemed to get to the bursting point of her frustration because she turned from looking like a one year old baby to looking like a baby snow leopard.

Emily in her animal form was almost blindingly white with dark black markings showing proof she was indeed a snow leopard. As Ash and I gushed over it all Dad ran quickly to find a camera and take pictures. Apparently mom had to run to the store and so he was going to have to be able to show her. It seemed after a while like Emily wouldn’t shift back to her human form. Though I was worried I was glad that at least she wouldn't be able to jump the baby gate while my dad was home alone with them and had no mom for backup.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

840K 27.6K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...
26.8K 2K 31
The 'Gifted' Trilogy Book Two Justin Wales has always been somewhat of a loner. He has an embarassing secret that he's been hiding since his parents...
Hall 17 By M3WEM

Fanfiction

32K 1.1K 57
Test Tube was bored. So incredibly bored. She had done every experiment in the book. At least, every humane experiment. She looked down at the open b...
30.9K 537 19
"My life is a literal rollercoaster, my biological mother tried to kill my sister causing her to be lost in the woods for years, my boyfriend and two...