Distance||Calum Hood

By fallenfivesos

A lot can change in 2 years and it's all because of the distance. *SEQUEL TO BULLY* More

important
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
*NOT AN UPDATE*
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty - last chapter
Should I do this??? - Character Q&A

one

2.5K 60 29
By fallenfivesos

*Katie's POV*

2 years later...

2 years. 2 years was a long time. A lot had happened in those two years. My parents took me away, they took me to China, leaving me with no possible way of getting back.

Not that I wanted to, of course part of me did but the other part didn't.

My mother and father were extremely strict. I didn't talk to them at all. I didn't want to. They had no right to come back into my life when they left me with my brother alone.

Keith. He was definitely one of the things I missed about Australia. I hadn't seen him in 2 years and I missed him so much.

My parents on the other hand, they had asked me in the car where he was and when I told them, they couldn't care less. It was as if they were glad that they wouldn't have to buy another plane ticket.

And Calum, obviously I missed him but there was no way I could forgive him. I didn't have my phone with me in China, I didn't have anything, so there was no way I could interact with Calum, or anyone for that fact.

It was safe to say, I hated my parents.

I didn't talk to them for the whole year while I had to wait until I was 18. Most of the time, I spent my days signing up for exploring groups just to get away from them. Then I turned 18, I left them, just like they left me.

They didn't even care, none of them had even came looking for me so I was officially done with my parents.

With no warning, I moved. Obviously I couldn't go back to Australia, I had no way of getting there with not much money but I moved to the other side of China.

I had started an 'Anti-bullying' group were I taught the kids how to stand up to bullies, basically stuff I should have done.

I had made a friend. A girl that also lived in Australia, she came over to volunteer for the bullying group whereas I stumbled across it as I fled.

Her name was Maddie.

She had let me live with her in her small apartment that she had for the year.

I had told her quite a lot like the situation with my parents and how I ended up living with Calum. I just missed out the bits in between, including my self harm, which I hadn't done for around 16 months. Except Keith, she had caught me crying on his anniversary so I had to tell her.

She knew about Calum and I dating but didn't know why we broke up.

I had definitely changed since 2 years. China was always extremely warm so I did have an amazing tan, also I had let my hair go it's natural colour, which was a dark brown.

If you compared me to how I was 2 years ago, you would say I'm a different person but I was fine with that.

It took me basically the whole year to get over Calum, I hadn't dated anyone else or even looked at anyone else but I just pushed him to the back of my mind so I never thought about him again.

"Well I for one have to leave next week, I only got sent out here for a year" Maddie said shrugging as she sat down in front of me at the table, "Don't you want to go back, see Keith?"

"Well obviously but I just don't know-"

"Look, you can live with me in my apartment again. I don't mind, it's got a spare bedroom anyway."

"Yeah but wha-"

"You won't bump into him Kat" She said as she tied her blonde hair into a bun.

Kat.

The same name Luke called me. I missed him, and the other boys.

"Plus, your parents could find you here" She shrugged eating some toast that was on my plate.

"True.." I thought as I took a bite out of my slice, "Okay, fine, we'll go back" I nodded as she smiled and walked away.

----

"Don't you love airports?" Maddie said as she gasped and looked around at everything.

"No, not really, I've been like twice" I laughed at her as she waved to a little girl.

She was definitely the outgoing one between us both.

"I can't wait for you to meet Jake."

Jake was Maddie's boyfriend. I honestly don't know how they did it, with her being in China for a whole year.

"Come on, I want a Starbucks" I said laughing as I noticed the Starbucks in the airport.

After getting mine I stood outside waiting for Maddie, she was taking a while.

I sighed after realising she had been in there for about 10 minutes all ready.

I decided to go back in as I went to open the glass door before it was hit off of my head.

"Shit" I whispered to myself as I held my head and looked up.

"Um, a sorry would be nice?" I asked as the guy seemed to start to walk away.

He turned around and I was met with his piercing blue eyes.

I gulped, suddenly feeling intimidated by him.

"A sorry for what?" He asked as he ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"You just hit me in the head with the door?" I said as I looked at him.

"Well maybe you shouldn't be putting your head in front of the door" He said shrugging as he walked away.

"Who was that?" Maddie asked getting excited, "I mean I love Jake and all, but woah."

"Was he hot? I never realised over his shit personality" I shrugged as she just laughed.

----

"You want the window seat?" Maddie asked.

"I don't mind, you have it" I said as I sat in the middle seat. The guy had told us no one would be at the end seat so I didn't mind.

"Okay well I dunno about you but I'm going to sleep" Maddie shrugged as she brought out her pillow and fell asleep.

For most of the time when we were waiting for the plane to leave, I just read the magazines.

Just as we were about to leave I sat my bag on the seat next to me as I felt a hand touch mine.

"Uh, this is my seat" The guy from earlier on said, as I rolled my eyes and lifted the bag off of the seat and sat it down on the floor in front of me.

"Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot, I'm sorry for hitting you with the door, honestly, I didn't see you" He said apologetically as he got comfortable in the seat.

"It's okay" I sighed, "I'm sorry too, for being such a.... bitch" I laughed as he joined.

"How are you here? I got told no one took this seat?" I asked.

"Oh, uh well I asked to sit here, I wanted to apologise" He nodded as I returned the action and looked at my magazine.

"So, you got a name?" He asked.

"Yeah it's-"

"Wait let me guess, Katie?" He said as I gasped.

"How did you do that?" I said looking at him as he just laughed.

"I'm a psychic."

I kept a straight face, not believing him, while inside I tried to figure out how he knew.

"Nah I'm kidding I saw it on your starbucks cup" He laughed.

"What's yours then?"

"Alex" He smiled.

----

I basically spent the whole flight talking to Alex. I found out that he was on holiday in China but he originally worked away from home in London, however now, he was going back to Australia, he actually lived pretty close to me.

Of course Maddie woke up half way through the flight and joined the conversation but I couldn't help but notice the smirk she had when we spoke.

I woke up when we landed and I couldn't even explain what I was feeling. I wasn't sure if it was the jetlag getting to me or the fact I was back to my hometown.

After collecting our bags we went outside to wait for Jake to come get us.

"I'll see ya around then Katie" Alex smiled as he hugged me before walking away.

"Did you get his number?" Maddie asked me.

"What? No, why would I need it-"

"Oh my god" She said before running after him. I watched as she spoke to him and they both looked to me as I awkwardly turned away.

She returned back and handed me a slip of paper with a number on it just as a car pulled up outside.

"Jake!" Maddie screamed as she ran out and hugged him. I watched them both smiling as he spun them around while she had her arms wrapped around his neck as she planted kisses all over her face.

"Oh, this is Katie" She said smiling as I stepped forward and held out my hand to shake his.

"Nice to finally meet you" He smiled, rejecting my hand and pulling me in for a hug instead.

We got into his car, Maddie in the front obviously as I sat in the back and looked around at everything, remembering it all.

We pulled up outside some apartments that looked super fancy.

After walking in, we got to the lift and pressed the button as Maddie and Jake had a catch up about stuff she had missed.

We walked in to the large apartment as I looked around at the place with wide eyes.

"The spare room is in that door, our rooms over there" Maddie smiled at me.

"Thanks Mad" I smiled, "And you too Jake, thank you for letting me stay here for a while"

"Stay as long as you want to" Jake smiled.

I walked into the room and put my things on the bed, it was nothing special but it did have a great view.

I smiled to myself as I began unpacking, maybe Australia wouldn't be as bad as I thought.

----

A/N

Hello again, sorry there was no Calum in this but don't worry he'll appear soon, so stay with me please.

P.S Alex was requested to be in here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 80 48
When Alana moves to a different state (US), she is alone. She has no friends that live down the street anymore. When she starts the school year at a...
3.7M 112K 84
Sequel to Run
45.1K 1.4K 32
A new place can always be a struggle. But one boy has been making Gemma's life a living hell for 7 years. Will something be changing between them?
18.7K 520 14
maybe things will work out this time, maybe not. now that you're not off limits anymore, things change.