Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

The Girl I Want

38.4K 1.1K 1.7K
By GeekEvergirl

............................
Hey!!!
So before we start, just some moments of silence to appreciate Shawn Mendes dancing salsa.😂 I love this dork so freaking much!!!

So I have a song for this chapter ( it is up there), which is "Wild Heart" by The Vamps. I think it fits with the beginning of this chapter.

Also, I just wanted to thank you for reading this story! I just realized that I am at 1.9 K reads! Thank you so so much! 😊

Now lets get back to the story. Quick reminder: please don't hate me! 🙏🏼  I'm just trying to make a good story, ok?

Enjoy! :)
Xxx,
Sara
............................
Shawn's POV:
"Come one Sadie!" I shout over the music.

"No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Baby be the life of the party."  I sing, and for a moment, I thought I had convinced her. But no.

"That's not going to work Shawn!"

"Fine. So I'll dance by myself and I'll make myself look like an idiot thanks to you."

I start shaking my hips and my arms in circular motions, just as I have done on stage before. "See, I rock at salsa!"

Sadie laughs, shaking her head and bringing her hand to her face. "You're crazy."

For you, I think.

"Come on Sadie, you can do this too!" I take her hands in mine, and start guiding her steps, making her step back when my leg goes forwards, and step forwards when I step backwards.

"I can't even walk properly on these, how do you expect me to dance?" She says, laughing and embarrassed at the same time.

"You know I'll always catch you."

"Go Sadie! Go Shawn!" Someone shouts and both of us turn to the source, seeing Violet and Bailey laughing, Bailey clutching her stomach in pain as she always does when she laughs.

"See? We look like two demented people." Sadie says, and I shrug.

"They're just jealous that we are so good!" Suddenly I spin her arm around her, making her whole body spin with it, and I make her tangle herself in my arm, making her stay in a way that I am hugging her. We laugh, and I untangle her by making her spin outwards. The next thing I know, she looses her balance and I catch her, holding her back with one arm, she still being tilted and being completely supported by my hand against her back and her arm around my neck.

"See, I told you I would catch you!" I say, raising my eyebrows, still looking down at her.

"Thanks." She says, and we stay there looking into each other's eyes, intensifying that same emotion I feel every time I am with her. Today I made sure to not mess up, and tell her since the beginning of the night that she looked beautiful, unlike how I hand't done that day we went to Ellen's Stardust.

How much I missed her lips.

Realizing that we had stayed there for a while, she looks away, embarrassed. She then pulls herself up by holding on to me, and I help her steady herself.

She walks over to Violet and Bailey ahead of me, and I knew that she was trying to hide her blush, even though I wouldn't be able to see much.

"After me trying so much, only Shawn could be able to make you dance." Violet says smiling, and Sadie rolls her eyes.

"He forced me to."

"Oh, come on, we slayed." I tease, and she laughs, shaking her head.

"Have you guys seen Aria? I haven't talked to her yet." Sadie says, and Bailey nods.

"Yeah, she's over there near the cake table."

"Cool, thanks." Sadie says, and turns to me. "I'm going to talk to Aria. If you want to come or stay here, that's really up to you."

"Nah. I'm coming with you." I say, following her towards the cake table, where we could see that Aria was there, greeting family members who came up to her. In her long dress and elaborate hairstyle, she looked pretty, but in my eyes, Sadie is the most beautiful girl.

"Sadie!" Aria exclaims as she sees her, running over to her (as fast as she can in a long dress and heels) and hugs her tight."Oh my god, I'm truly so sorry for not doing the performance, you know that right?"

"Don't worry, it's alright. You couldn't perform in the condition you were in, and we managed to sort things out in the end. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks." Aria says quickly, her expression telling that she had probably heard that thousands of times today already. "I know about it! Lots of people talked about the performance. They said it was amazing! I just wished I could at least have watched it." Taking her eyes off Sadie and turning to me, her eyes widen. "Shawn, you actually came! Oh my god, I can't believe it!"

"When I say that I'll come, I'll come. Happy birthday!" I say, and add "Congrats on the party by the way, cool theme." I say politely, and she laughs.

"Of course you would like it. I know you will be truly there one day. You deserve it!" She says, and I really wish that what she said is true. Looking between Sadie and I, she realizes something. "I so need to take a picture with you two!" Grabbing our arms and dragging us to the  center of the decorated sweets area, she calls a guy with a camera over, and all of us smile at it, waiting for the flash to come.

"Yaaasss, this picture will be EPIC!" She sings the last words, and we both Sadie and I laugh, her expression priceless. "I wanted to stay talking to you, but the daughter of the friend from my mother's best friend is right there, and if I don't speak to her my mum will kill me. So bye for now, and enjoy the party!" She says, walking over to a women in a black dress. I had noticed that people here really liked to wear black.

"I love that girl." Sadie says still laughing, as she watches Aria walk away.

***
Sadie's POV:

Until now, the party wasn't being that bad. Without counting with what I had heard those girls say, I actually was managing to have fun. I don't know how he did that, but he always made things better.

Until now, about three girls had come up to him, asking for a picture. Of course, he took photos with all of them, just as he does with all his fans. I really loved that about him. He never lets his fans down.

"What's happening?" Shawn asks me, as some men appear and ask everyone to leave the dance floor.

"I guess it is time for Aria's waltz." I say, and just to comfirm. The current song stops, and "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran starts. I love that song.

"Waltz?"

"Yeah, didn't I mention it? Well, it's quite common for the girl to waltz with her dad, and a boy of her choice at least, like her best friend or boyfriend. But sometimes she dances with more people, such as a grandfather, or uncle, or brother." I explain, watching as Aria enters wearing a different, red dress, and starts dancing with a man that is quite of age. "I would guess that's her grandfather."

Then, as the song continues, people come and go, and she has danced with her other grandfather, and her dad. Suddenly, a little boy comes in, about 6 years old, and she dances with him too, as loads of people awe. "Her brother is so freaking cute!" I let out, and Shawn chuckles. Then, a final boy comes in, and starts dancing with Aria. I don't recognize him at first, but when he turns to our side, I see it's Nick. It's funny though, seeing him with suchh a neat hair. It makes sense that she chose him. They are very close friends.

I observe them dancing around the dance floor as I sing lightly along to the song, when someone taps me on my shoulder.

"Sadie?" I turn around, and find Shawn looking very confused, a girl I have never seen before next to him. "Do you know her?" He asks, and I shake my head. I step closer to her so she would be able to hear me over the music.

"He only speaks English." I say, and she laughs, the pieces fitting together.

"That makes sense now." She says. "Well, sorry to disturb you, but my friend over there,"she points at a blonde girl who is also watching the waltz. "She thought your friend here is hot."

"Oh." I say, getting what this was all about. I knew this was going to happen.

"So... Do you think he would be interested, in, you know, hooking up with her?" She asks, and I feel a pang in my chest, probably because of the image of Shawn with another girl forming in my head. But as far as I was informed, Shawn and I are simply friends. And that doesn't give me the right of stopping him from being with someone else.

Turning to Shawn and preparing to ask him something I would probably regret later on, I take a deep breath and start. "This girl is asking if you would like to hook up with that girl over there." I say simply, pointing to the blonde girl. Shawn looks startled first, and looks between the blonde girl, her friend, and lastly, at me.

"She what?"

"Wants to hook up with you." I say, trying to keep the tone in my voice casual. Shawn stays silent for a moment, studying me.

"No." He says simply, squinting his eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Sadie, you're kidding right?"

"Ok, ok, I'll tell her that you don't want." I surrender, not understanding his irritation. So I turn to the girl, who had just been there following our conversation, not understanding a single word.

"He doesn't want to, I'm sorry." I say politely, not wanting to hold a grudge against the girl. It's not like she knows what I feel for Shawn, or like she was trying to provoke me or something.

"Oh, well. Thanks, anyways." She says disappointed, and walks back to her friend.

"You still haven't answered." Shawn says, as the song comes to an end, and everyone applauds.

"Answered what?" I ask, not getting why he was being like this.

"If you were kidding with me by asking if I wanted to hook up with that girl, who by the way, I never talked to before."

"I was just being the interpreter. And I know that you never spoke to her before, and normally people at these parties don't really care about that if the exterior pleases them, that girl included. And that girl is pretty."

"But Sadie, you know that I only have eyes for one girl. That I only want one girl." He says, and my heart stops. Through the corner of my eyes I see th crowd shifting, some people bringing the cake to Aria.

"I didn't know that before now." I say, trying to mantain emotion out of my voice.

"Don't you see?" Shawn asks, the tone in his voice desperate. My heart picks up speed, and I try my best to contain my emotions locked up in that box, not letting them out. He is not talking about me. It's not possible.

He's too much for her.

He reaches down and grabs my hands, his eyes piercing mine. This messes up with my feelings even more, and though I want so much to look away, I couldn't, the same pull that always pulls me towards Shawn not letting me do so.

"Sadie, I like-"

"HAAAPPYYY BIRTHDAAAY TOOO YOUUU!" Everyone starts singing, the voices of everyone singing canceling Shawn's voice out. My heart nearly jumps out of my chest with shock, the singing scaring me.

We pull apart and turn towards Aria, who is singing cheerfully with everyone else. She takes this whole thing much better than I do.

I start singing along, clapping my hands along with everyone, and laugh at Shawn's expression. "I have no clue how to sing this." He says close to my ear.

"Just clap and you'll be fine." The song comes to an end and everyone cheers, Aria blowing all fifteen candles on her five layered cake.

***

Shawn's POV:
"Are the lyrics really that awful?" I ask Sadie, as I watch her eating one more chocolate.

"Awful isn't enough to describe them. I could translate them to you, however, I don't swear, so I wouldn't say half of the words. Plus, it's just disgusting." She finishes with a look of disgust on her face, as she looks to the dance floor and watches the people in the packed dance floor enjoy and dance in not such appropriate ways.

I had been surprised by how everyone acted in a party here. Sadie had told me once how it was, but I thought that she had been exaggerating. She wasn't. At all. Girls literally grinded and twerked everywhere, as boys observed them and choosed the most attractive ones to make out with. And they just grabbed them and kissed them. No words. I don't remember in Canada things being this bad. At least people introduced themselves.

And then looking at Sadie, I remember her saying back in New York how she had never dated or kissed anyone before, how boys had no interest in her. At that time, I didn't understand it. But now I get it. Sadie is the kind of girl that looking at her, you know immediately that she is gorgeous. But that she isn't the kind of girl that you could just stay with and then leave, how many people like the boys at this party would do.

Guys probably got intimidated and left, probably prefering someone that would be easier, as they knew Sadie clearly wouldn't be. But I don't care about that.

I want to be hers, to treat her the way that she deserves to be treated; the way that any girl deserves to be treated. I want to be the guy who gives her the love that she's missing. I want to treat her better than any guy has ever treated her. And I know that I can do that.

"Woah, that was good!" I say aloud as I feel inspiration hitting, and quickly taking out my phone and typing these words on my phone.

"What?" She says, looking at me with an amused expression.

"Inspiration just hit me." I say, finishing to write everything down. This would make an awesome song.

"You haven't told me yet if you were able to come up with lyrics for that melody you came up with." She says, leaning forwards to get one more sweet from the jar.

"I didn't... But I think I just found them." I say, trying to fit everything together in my head. Yes, it would stay awesome.

"I'm going to get some ice cream. Do you want any?" She asks, and I shake my head. "No thanks."

She stands up and leaves, and I don't take my eyes off her, afraid of something happening. After what Jason did that day... Maybe just thinking of him had some sort of summoning power, because he suddenly appears next to me.

"Hey Mendes!" He says, hands in his pockets, his posture relaxed. What was the thing with this guy? How can he even speak to me? Just by looking at his face, anger boile inside of me, as I imagine him grabbing Sadie by her wrists, slamming her against the wall, kissing her...

"What do you want?" I say standing up, glaring down at him. I was quite taller than him.

"I just want to warn you that she will dump you once she gets famous enough." He says.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. She just wants you because of money, because of fame. Now looking at it, I don't know what I saw in her." He says, still looking very relaxed.

"Jason, don't speak of things you have no clue about." Someone says behind me, and Sadie appears, stepping forwards.

"Oh I do. I know that you are just a bitch that chooses guys based on what they have. A gold digger. A whore."

Sadie gasps, and I walk close to him, the anger inside of me multiplying by a thousand and my fists clenching beside me.

"What did you just call her?" I ask in his face.

"I just said it. A bitch. A whore."

Something inside of me clicks, and I just can't hold it anymore. It may not be the right thing to do, but I choose justice over that. Not only didn't he just call Sadie unforgivable things, but he violated her. And this guy needs to be stopped. With Sadie, I won't let him mess with again. But what if he does this to someone else? He needs to learn his lesson.

Before I do anything, I quickly glance at Sadie, who still looks shocked by the words she was called. I knew that she wouldn't like this. But I had to.

Turning back to him, I throw my fist at his face, making it collide with Jason's nose. He is thrown slightly backwards, and cups his nose with his hand, which I knew was probably bleeding.

"Don't you ever touch a finger on Sadie again, or on any girl that doesn't want you too, or call anyone those things, are we clear?" I say, before he nods, and I turn around, facing Sadie.

"Lets go?" I ask, and only having a subtle nod as and answer, I take her hand in mine, and we leave the party.

"I'm sorry, I had to do tha-"

"It's ok, he... He deserves it." She says, looking up at me as we wait for Roger. "I do think that violence isn't the solution, but Jason had to be stopped. What if he did the same thing he did to me to someone else? Plus, I have kicked him myself, so... If words didn't work on him, then I guess doing what you did made the trick."

There is a silence, and I look down at our hands that are still linked. "Sadie, you know that what he called you isn't true right?" I ask, and slowly, she nods.

"Yeah. I just felt shocked. I never thought that someone would call me that. I mean, just the way he said it... " she stops for a while, looking at the street that had few cars passing by. "And you know that what he said about me spending time with you isn't also true, correct?" She asks me, and looking into her eyes, I realized that this was her major worry.

"Of course not." I say, smiling at her, and she smiles back. Roger finally pulls over and we enter the car, the whole ride silent. Sadie had sit right next to me, and I put an arm around her, so she could use my shoulder as a pillow. She quickly falls asleep, but I continue awake, thinking about what I have to do.

Tonight, I had nearly told Sadie the truth, but that damned birthday song had to get in the way. I can't wait any longer, I have to tell her. And I have a plan.

The car pulls over to the entrance to the hotel, and being careful to not wake her up, I lay her down on the seats. She looked so peaceful. I couldn't control myself taking her hair away from her face, and leaning down to kiss her forehead. "You are the girl I want." I whisper, before I leave the car and say thank you to Roger.

I enter the hotel, a new determination ignited inside of me. I was not planning on going straight to my room: I had a song to write.

***

Sadie's POV:

Feeling someone move me, I wake up, and realize I had fallen asleep during the car ride. I just felt so tired from this night. Intending to fall asleep again, I keep my eyes close, expecting to fall asleep at any second.

That's when I feel a hand move hair away from my face, and I knew who it was, the contact of his skin against mine making me feel all kind of things. I then felt lips on my forehead, and I thought that I was feeling too many warm feelings already, when I heard him say "You are the girl I want."

My heart seems to stop, and I was prepared to say something back, when the car door closes, and he is out. A million thoughts go through my head, and as always, I couldn't really process them well.

So am I the girl? The girl he earlier today said that he wants, the only girl he says he has eyes for?

But how?

He's too much for her.

These words that still echo in my mind are certainly true, but apparently, Shawn didn't care.

He actually liked me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 9.6K 46
Jess was just the average Shawn Mendes fan who was going to a concert and meet and greet. But when he takes a liking in her, things change. Dramatica...
589K 15.3K 60
Brylin pulls over the one and only, Zayn Malik. They later figure out that their parents know each other and have had an arranged marriage planned si...
336K 21.5K 85
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
13.7M 416K 72
▪ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks the boys. "We aren't really into any compe...