I'm Being Kidnapped by a Demo...

By MoonCat22

When Gracie is kidnapped by a strange boy in the middle of the night she fears the worst, and she's right. I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 10

2.1K 69 5
By MoonCat22

            The next morning I was woken by Cody finally returning to the room. "Where have you been, dude?" I mumbled sleepily. He looked over and chuckled but I wasn't sure why as I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

            "I told you I had things to do." He shrugged casually. "Get up. Its breakfast time."

            "Can I take a shower first?" It would be such a relief to be clean again...

            "Sure. Go ahead. I'll be back in about thirty minutes then?" I nodded and watched silently as he left. Now that he was gone I searched around the room hurriedly but Alec was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't possibly imagine that I dreamed the whole thing because the necklace was still secured tightly around my neck. Sighing, I hopped off the bed and headed to the bathroom. Luckily there were towels already in there so I jumped right in. The hot water felt amazing so I took longer than I probably should of but I didn't care. I hadn't take a shower since... I couldn't even remember. I wanted to stand in it forever but the heat soon vanished so I wrapped a towel around myself and exited the shower.

            As I glanced around the room I suddenly realized my grave mistake; I'd forgotten clothes. Now I'd have to go out and get some. Sighing deeply, I opened the door and stepped into the room holding the towel securely with one hand. It wasn't loud but I heard someone's quick intake of breath and I snapped my head around to glare at Cody who had entered the room. His eyes had widen but he immediately adverted his eyes. And turned his back. “Um. Sorry.”

            "Yea. Uh. I'll just take these and head back in there..." I threw open the trunk, grabbed the first thing I saw and ran back into the safety of the bathroom, my face on fire. When I finally finished getting dressed I headed out into the hall the find Cody, strangely sitting on the floor. "So when's breakfast?" I asked casually.

            "Now." He murmured, stood and started down the hallway; I followed after obediently.

            "He’s very rude." A voice commented from my side, effectively scaring the living daylights out of me.

            "Gah!" I shrieked, my hand flying to cover my heart and glaring at Alec, who had suddenly reappeared at my side. Alec smirked charmingly. "Don't do that!"

            Cody glanced back at me, confused. "What are you talking about?"

            I shrugged self-consciously and pointed at Alec. "He scared me."

             "There's no one there, Gracie."

            "Yes there is." I insisted, flicking my gaze between Alec and Cody. “He's a ghost.”  Alec only continued smirked.

            "He can't see me."

            I glared at him. "Are you kidding me?"

            "No." His smirk turned into a broad, mischievous smile. To prove his point he walked right up to Cody and waved his hand in his face. Cody just looked right through him to me.

            "A ghost?" Cody's voice was bordering on disbelief. “Are you okay?”

            "I'm fine." I grumbled. This, of course, was just another fun thing about this fabulous place. A ghost only I could see. Wonderful.

            Alec continued to torment Cody, whether it be pulling his hair or making him scratch his nose; He did it all and enjoyed every minute of it. Though I hated to admit it, it was actually pretty funny. Cody, on the other hand, would just look at me like I was insane when I'd burst out laughing in dead silence. Then again, what did I care? I was here against my will anyway.

            Today was the first day of my schooling as Cody put it, so right after we ate I was escorted to meet my first teacher. I had Spanish class for two hours, then I went to learn a multitude of other languages. Most were common like French and German but I also had to learn Italian and Greek. For what reason I didn’t know, I just decided that I was going to hate being here. Mondays as I found out were all for the added on courses. The rest of the normal ones were spread throughout the week and I had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. So after a morning full of language classes I then had music, dancing, and gym. I wasn’t looking forward to the last one.

My Spanish lesson today consisted of basic vocabulary and adjectives like colors and describing words. It was very easy and I learned quickly, a fact that startled my Mexican-born teacher. According to her my accent was flawless though I had had no previous teachings. Out of boredom I decided to mess with Cody. It was very funny. On the way to my German class I used two words I had learned in a sentence that described Cody. I believe I said, "Cody es muy guapo y perezoso”. It drove him nuts. I figured I was safe since he didn’t know Spanish. I would certainly be yelled at if he found out I called him lazy and good-looking.

He wouldn’t give it a rest all through lunch, he just kept repeating: "What did you call me?!" At which time I would reply, "Perezoso." Then he would keep asking what it meant. A simple fact I did not tell him. I discretely kept his attentions away from the word "guapo" or good-looking; I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing I called him attractive but I couldn’t resist giving him a compliment.

We had lunch down in the dungeon again, where the slaves hung about talking casually and relaxing during their lunch break. Ellie was down there too, only she looked so into her book that I didn’t want to disturb her.

Marissa was also back. She didn’t look at me angrily like she did before, but with sympathy when I hid partially behind Cody, who was much in danger of dying of laughter.

"Gracie, I’m sorry. I was just in shock. You don’t have to be afraid." She murmured looking apologetic.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when the door opened with a loud bang and a chocolate brown skinned girl ran in, out of breath. She looked only seventeen but moved with a grace that suggested old knowledge. Her ebony hair went to her mid-back and had long streaks of white and blue. The girl had a muscular build and on her left leg I noticed intricately carved lines and circles. "Adri." Marissa nodded to the girl who stood and locked her brown eyes with the speaker, who after a moment nodded. Adri headed out the door, morphing into a small dog as she went. I merely blinked as she past me, trying to ignore the surprise I was feeling; I should be used to it by now. I almost wished Alec would come back from wherever he went, just so I’d have something to distract me. Marissa turned back to our conversation. "Hunter's having guests." She shot a look at Cody. "I have to go help Adri with security. You be careful, Miss Gracie." And then she walked swiftly away.

Cody did not look pleased; he sighed and shook his head tiredly. I offered him some soup but he declined, so I ate in silence while he stared off in thought. Knocking on the big iron door pulled all of our heads up but Cody was the one to answer. The same lady from last night walked into the room, her heels clicking loudly. "What do you want, Lauralie?" Celina questioned from the table.

"I’m here for Miss Gracie. The Prince would like to see her." Lauralie replied. The room fell into silence. Until I spoke up that is.

"Who’s the prince...?" I murmured. Kaycie, who had just arrived only five minutes ago, laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Hunter." My eyes widened in disbelief. Great! Not only was I marrying a vampire but I was also marrying a prince. Can I just dye now, please? “He’s the Prince of Vampires." She finished quietly. I felt like I was going to be sick and I swayed a little. Cody steadied me while he glared at Lauralie.

"I'll take her. You can go back to your desk now." The way he flung the words I guessed it was an insult. She sighed and looked up at Cody steadily.

When she spoke her voice was cold. "Need I remind you of the position I hold right now. I may be younger but you still owe me respect." Then she was gone. After a minute, Cody led me back upstairs to see the prince, or as he would introduce me, his fiancé.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.6K 36
《Book 1》 Nova, an angel from heaven doesn't quite fit in with the other perfect beings. After getting into trouble she meets a devilishly handsome ma...
652 16 20
Sage thought it would be a normal move for her family. She would pack her things, get In the car and go to her new home. But it doesn't exactly go as...
8.5K 196 14
(Revised on August 7th 2022) Madison Walsh, was not an average girl she always gets in trouble into fights causing her parent's a lot of havoc arou...
75K 2.3K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...