No Time for a Thug

By _Ashaanti_

Alexia Hastings is growing and growing fast. She has always been eye candy but manages to stay level headed... More

First Book!
Chapter 1: My Life
Chapter 2: I'm Alexia
Chapter 3: I'm not ready
Chapter 4: Birthday Crash
Chapter 5: Kickback
Chapter 6: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 7: Lifted Weight
Chapter 8: Getting Soft
Chapter 9: Who Are You?
Chapter 10: I Don't Understand
Sequel Maybe
Chapter 11: Maturity
Picture ;)
Chapter 12: I Love you
Chapter 13: Figure it out
Reminder!!!!!
Chapter 15: What Would I Do?
Chapter 16: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: My Everything
Chapter 19:The Beginning
Chapter 20: Communication is Key
Chapter 21: Talk to Me
Chapter 22: Sugar and Spice
Chapter 23: Looking Up
Chapter 24: Tonight's Xscape
Chapter 25: Do It Big
Chapter 26: Mischiefs
No Time for Love
Yaaaaass!

Chapter 27: Possibilities

32K 1K 220
By _Ashaanti_

Alexia's P.O.V.

All through the day, I was panicking because nothing was in order. After Shannon told me to step out and take a breather, I came back in and my breath got caught in my throat. Everything came out amazing. I would have never thought the place would end up like this.

I hugged and thanked Shannon for all the help she gave me.

“See, I told you not to worry.” She told me.

I rolled my eyes and hugged her again. I went home, took a shower, got dressed and came back to the venu. I got there by 8 o'clock. I saw that people were already rolling in. As I stepped inside the building I saw it was already packed. It's only the beginning of the night and I know there is only more to come.

9 o'clock hits and DJ isn't here. I knew he wouldn't be here at the time I set for him. I roll my eyes as I sit back at the bar sipping on my sprite. I don't know why, but something told me I shouldn't drink tonight. I really don't know anybody here so I was just sitting by myself. Shay said she couldn't come because she wasn't feeling right. Stuffing your face all day would lead you to a belly ache.

Around 9:30, the doors open and a crowd of people rush to them.

“Happy Birthday DJ” everybody yells.

I can't help but smile at the surprise on his face. When I saw him in a nice white suit, I laughed to myself. He was not joking when he said he was doing big. I also couldn't help but laugh when 'Go DJ' came on. It was just such a corny idea, I had to use it. I knew he was probably shaking his head at my lame attempts.

I try to make my way through the crowd which became an epic fail. I ended up losing DJ in all the unfamiliar face. I bet he don't even know half these people.

I finally catch up to him at the bar and we joke around. For some strange reason I can not wipe this silly ass grin off my face. I finally asked him to dance and on cue, Sean Paul played through the speakers. I noticed everybody grinding and basically dry humping each other, but with me and DJ... We were in sync. His hands gripped my waist as our bodies moved together.

A couple more songs played as we got lost in the music. Finally our dance session was interrupted when the dj came on the mic.

I already knew what time it was.

“Please give it up for Rich. Homie. Quaaan!”

DJ is lucky to have a friend like Black because I know Quan is not a low-cost.

2 songs in, Black and Jazmine pop up. We joke around and get hype with the crowd for a bit until DJ yelled over the crowd.

“Yo, I gotta get out his fuckin' suit.”

I shook my head. He is so lucky that I thought this night through. I sat down and thought about the what-ifs, and possibilities of the party. Things like 'What if he spilled something on his clothes?' was at the top of my list.

I told him there was extra clothes in the back and somehow I got dragged along with him.

Now that I am in the back, I can not complain. At least until after our little 'session' and I saw the end result it left of my hair.

I leave the room while he changes and go back into the crowded venue. I'm instantly hit with the heat of the people. The smell of liquor, sweat, and loud fill my nose. Just like any other party I been to times 10.

I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach but I ignore it. It may be something I ate. I decide I'll go to the bar. Maybe some water will help my discomfort settle. As I sit at the bar, Jazmine pops up beside me. Jazmine is cool. I mean I don't really know her like that but when I do see her, we have a good time. I need to remind myself to make a date with her. Maybe I can introduce her to Shay crazy behind one day. I bet the three of us together would be deadly.

“This party came out really nice, girl. You really know how to make things happen.” She said nudging my shoulder.

I laughed.

“I know and thank you. This shit was a pain in the ass tho. And you wanna know the worse part?” I rhetorically asked. “Imma have to take all this shit down tomorrow.” I shake my head at the thought.

Weeks of planning and days of decorating just for a couple hours of fun. Now that I think about it, I'm getting heated. I swear this shit better be worth it.

She laughed and shook her head.

“Don't worry about it.” she said. “Just live in the moment and when tomorrow comes it comes. So far the night is poppin', it can only get better, right?”

I nod my head.

“Yea, you right. I mean we still got like 3-4 more hours left. The night is young. As long as the birthday boy is happy then I'm happy.” I said smiling.

“Right.” she said looking around. “Where is he anyway?”

I had to scrunch my eyebrows at that. He started getting dressed when I left the room. He should be done by now.

“You know...I don't even know.” I said confused. “Imma go find him.” I said excusing myself. She nodded her head and I walked to the doors at the back of the venue. Something inside of me told me that something wasn't right. Something just seemed off. I couldn't lay my finger on it but I could definitely feel it. I went against it and opened the door.

A gasp escaped my lips as I walk in the room. In that moment time froze, pigs flew, and grass turned blue, because I never thought that this would happen. At least not now. I knew it was suppose to happen when least expected but I didn't know it would just smack me right in my face.

As much as I wanted to rid the pang in my chest I couldn't. A much as I wanted to forget what I saw, I couldn't. I couldn't because it's right in front of me. There is nothing to forget.

Not when I can clearly see DJ laid all on top of some girl. There was no way to explain what I'm feeling. Just know it's a feeling that no one should go through.

DJ snaps his head toward me and quickly stands up.

“Alexia, It's not what it looks like.”

I would laugh in his face if I wasn't hurting so bad. Classic. I would think DJ had more sense then that to come up with that bogus ass excuse.

I didn't even say anything. I was trying to think about all the wrong things I did in this relationship to get here. Was I not good in bed? Did I not give him the attention he wanted? Am I not good enough for him?

I came out my thoughts as he took a step forward. I quickly took a step back away from him.

“DJ. You can stay the fuck away from me! Take one more step and I swear to God I will fuck you up!” I yelled in anger and pain.

“Alexia, I--”

He was interrupted by a feminine laugh. A figure stepped out from behind him and if I was hurting then , then this shit is excruciating pain now.

“What happened, cousin? You don't miss me?” she said.

I look at DJ and back at her.

“Shaniece, DJ! Really!? My own fuckin' cousin!?” I yelled at DJ.

“Alexia, It's not what you think.” he said again.

Shaniece let out another laugh.

“It really isn't what you think, Alexia.” She said shaking her head. “It's worse.”

The only thing I can think is 'How can it get any worse than this?'. My fiance cheating on me, with my cousin, at a birthday party I worked so hard to throw for him, after not even 30 minutes ago we was fuckin'. Somebody please tell me how this shit can get worse.

“Bitch if you don't shut the fuck up.” DJ said.

“Why? Cuz you don't want her to find out?” Shaniece said.

“Find out what?” I asked looking back and forth from them.

“Find out about how none of this shit is real.” she said nonchalantly.

“Bae, she lyin.” He defended.

“Oh am I?” She said.

DJ clenched his teeth and started marching towards her.

A part of me wants to hear what she has to say and another wants to fuck her up. Unfortunately I want to hear what she has to say more.

“DJ!” I yell. “Stop.” I step in front of him before he can swing.

“I wanna hear her out.” I said looking at him. Shock spread across his face.

“She-” I cut him off by putting my hand up.

“I said I wanna hear her out.”

I turned around to my so called cousin. She was grinning from ear to ear. I swear, it took every fiber, carb, and protein in my body, not to smack that shit off of her.

“I hate you.” she started.

Oh wow. Was all I could think. A pleasant way to start a story.

“You fucked everything up. You ruined my family. It's because of you that my family is so fucked up now.”

I looked at her like she lost her mind.

“And how is that?” I asked.

“My father.” she simply stated

With that, I ended up all types of confused. Uncle Terry?

“I saw the way he would look at you when we were younger. Everybody else may have been lost in they own little worlds, but I saw. I saw how every time he touched you, a giddy smile would come on your face. Or how he would spend more time tucking you in to bed then, his own kids. I just knew that something was up between y'all.”

I was speechless. She's taking everything he did, and switching it on me. But I let her continue.

“Every time you and Erika would come over, he would be all jolly and happy, then when you left, he go back to his distant ways. The more you came over and left, the more distant he would get. One day my mom tried to talk to him about it, and he snapped. He let all his anger out on us and as soon as you and your hoe ass sister came back, he would pretend that we were a happy, perfect family. I noticed how he treated y'all different. Even if it was just an extra scoop of ice cream. I noticed.

Then one day y'all started coming less and less then finally not at all. At one moment I was happy. I was thinking that he could finally give all his love to me and Wayde. That he would be the loving father he use to be, but no. Shit got worse. He started drinking more and beating us over stupid, little stuff. Countless nights I stayed up from hearing my mother's screams in pain.

I knew the reason behind it and it was you. You and yo slutty ass sister is the reason behind all of this. I finally came to the point that I couldn't take it anymore and I wanted revenge. I wanted you to hurt like I was hurting. Like my family was hurting.

As I got older my grudge only got worse along with the pain. Then I met DJ. He was cool , but we wasn't nothin' serious. Just a once in a while fuck. He had his hoes and I had my niggas.

One day it got bad. Daddy came home drunk one night and beat the shit out of my mom. Me and wayde rushed her to the hospital. She was in a coma for 3 weeks. 3 mutha fuckin weeks.

I knew what I had to do. I knew that DJ was part of the game and was big in the streets, so I asked him to do me favor. Which was to simply bring you to me. I would have done it myself but gettin' my hands dirty was a no no. I told him that if he get the job done, then he could walk away with 100 grand. Him being a man of money, agreed. He didn't question the reason why, he just did it.

He started out good then he said some shit like he wanna smash first. I let him have his fun for a while but then he started to slip. He started catchin' feelins'. He started sayin' shit like he didn't want to do it anymore and he don't care about the money. I could not let that happen. So that's when I chose to step in.” she said

I stood there in shock. So everything was lie. This relationship was nothing but a joke. I gave my everything to DJ and I get back what? A phony ass relationship that I put my all into?

I plop down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I couldn't stop these tears from falling out my eyes.

Shaniece laughed again.

“I wanted to kill you or at least make you suffer but this.. this is priceless. You really thought he loved you? Pathetic. It really is. You sh-”

A low bang sounded through the room. I shoot my head up and see Niecy lying on the ground in a puddle of blood.

“I told that bitch not to fuck with me.” DJ mumbled.

I jumped off the couch and ran towards the door. A pull on my arm stopped me from leaving.

“Alexia, Wait.” DJ said.

“Get the fuck off of me DJ. If that's even your name. I don't even know who the fuck you are!”

“I'm DJ!” He yelled. “I'm the same DJ that's been here. I'll admit that this relationship wasn't suppose to happen but it did and now I can't let this shit go. All the 'I love yous' and feelings were real. I never meant to hurt you, Alexia I swear. At first I thought it was gonna be a easy job and a quick cash pay but you caught me. You accepted me even though you found out I was a thug, which is hard to do these days. Alexia, please. Please, don't leave me now. Not with all the shit we been through. I love you.”

The pain in my chest was too much. How do I know if he's telling the truth. I just... I can't... I don't know what to believe in anymore. I want to believe him, I really do but I can't. I can't trust him anymore.

I looked away from him with my teary eyes.

“DJ.. I can't...I can't do this anymore.” I said.

It was hard to say. I never had to do something so hard in my life. Saying those 5 words was the most difficult task I had  in my whole existence. Those 5 words changed everything.

“Alexia, Please.” He begged.

Before I knew it, DJ was in his knees in front of me.

“Please, Alexia. I'm begging you. I'm sorry. I fucked up okay? I admit it but shit I'm tryna fix it. All the shit we been through and you throw it away?”

I looked away as he used my own words against me. I bent down and grabbed hold of his chin. As my fingers caressed his cheek, he closed his eyes. I pressed my lips against his. The same sparks fly like it was our first time. The same goosebumps run up and down my arm. I know I still love this man.

I slowly pulled back and looked at him. Those glazed hazel eyes stare at me as a small tear falls from his eye. I wipe it with my thumb and frown at him.

“I'm sorry.” I whispered and I walked out the room.

DJ's P.OV.

She walked out. That's all I could think about. She walked out.

I love Alexia. I know I fucked up and I'm sorry. At first I was in it for the money but she changed me. She found good in me when nobody else did. She was there for me when I had nobody. At the beginning my intentions were not for the best but in the end, I just wanted to love and be loved.

Alexia made everything so perfect and complete. She is one of those once in a blue moon type of woman. The pain in my chest can not be compared to being shot. A hole is in my heart where Alexia is suppose to be, but.....she walked out.

I was left on my knees, staring at a empty space where, Alexia was just standing. Where the love of my life left me.

I slump my head but something on the ground catches my attention. My fingers reach to pick up the shiny object. It finally sinks in and more tears escape from my eyes. I kiss the ring and put it in my pocket

I fucked up.

Alexia's P.O.V.

It took everything in me not to turn back around and take him back. I can't do it. Instead I called a cab and went to the only place I knew I could.

Knocking on the door in panic and tears flowing down my face. I know she was going to be mad but I didn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure her neighbors may think I'm a mad woman, but shit. I am a mad woman. Mad, hurt, and stupid.

The door swings open.

“Who the fu- Oh my god! Alexia what's wrong?” Shay asked as she sees me break down.

She pulled me into the apartment and walked me to the couch. I sobbed in her arms and told her what happened. She just shook her head and held me.

“Don't beat yoself over this, boo. Shit happens for a reason, remember? Just because you love someone doesn't mean they love you back.”

“That's the problem though. He said he loved me and I believed him. I still kinda do. You should have seen the hurt on his face. It was so believable. I think I do believe it.”

I didn't know what to do. I trusted him. From the very beginning I knew I should have stayed to my sheltered ways. Even back then he was believable. And I was gullible. I let myself believe that maybe this love was real and it wouldn't be too good to be true. I fooled myself.

I laid on Shay's lap as she rubbed my head. My sobbing did not cease. That uneasiness I felt earlier came back. I hopped off Shay's laps and ran into the bathroom. All the contents of the night went in the toilet as I vomited. I felt my hair lifted off my shoulder and soothing rubs on my back.

Once my stomach is empty I sit back and lean against the tub.

“Girl, I think you might be pregnant." Shay said.

-------------------

And that is the end.

I lowkey cried on this chapter

OMG. You guys don't understand how happy I am. I mean to complete my first book... YAS! And I thank my lovely readers for helping me with this journey.

Sequel sneak peak next chapter.

Goobye Luvs ♥.  See you soon ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 21.4K 43
Hakeem is now back and bigger then ever. Locked up in the pin ain't hold back his grind "Fuck bitches get money & No thug can be tied down is no long...
855 22 20
Candy Love 24 years old had had her fair share of relationships. She now understands why people say love hurts. Her ex and many other people in her l...
22.6K 1.4K 46
WORKS #01 |Please note; these are works of fiction meaning all characters and events appearing in this story are made up. Any resemblance to real per...
210K 5.6K 42
Diamond had a fucked up childhood which turned her into a thug. She starts falling for a boy but he doesn't know how fucked up she is and neither doe...