Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Birthday Boy

37.5K 1.1K 1.1K
By GeekEvergirl

.......................
Hi people!

So today is a very special day: Shawn's birthday! The boy that I love so much and that now is so important to me; brought music to my life and makes my days much better; he is turning 18. And I really wish the best for him. He deserves it! I am so grateful for him being the person that he is, so down to Earth, so kind and funny, that composes the songs that rescue me.

I hope you like this chapter!
Xxx,
Sara
.......................

Sadie's POV:
Swinging the door wide open, I enter the classroom, and look in all the shocked eyes until I meet a specific pair.

"Hi, good morning people, Jason, could I speak to you please? Like, outside." He nods, and standing up, I hold the door open until he passes.

"What's going on? Have you got an answer?" He asks.

"I'm sorry Jason, I can't." I say, feeling a bit of a relief. This was the first step to revert everything.

"Um, ok, could you tell me why?"

I felt like he deserved the truth. "I have feelings for another person, I'm sorry, but I can't deny them anymore. And if I had said yes to you, it would straight out be using you to forget him." I answer. "It would be wrong."

"But I don't mind. Really, I could help you forget him, Sadie."

"I'm really sorry Jason. I can't do that." I say, shaking my head, and entering back in the class.

"What was that about?" Ella asks me. I look at Violet, and I knew that she knew what everything had been about.

"I was sorting things out." I say, still not taking my eyes from Violet, trying to pass her a message. She must has recieved it, because her eyes grow wide with happiness and surprise.

"What made you realize it?" She asks, and I take my seat next to her.

"This." I say, taking out my phone, and showing her the video that now was available on Youtube.

She plays the video, and the sound came out loud enough for everyone else in the room ( Bailey, Ella and Mike) to hear it. After he announces that the song is for me, all of them stand up and glue their heads together with Violet, trying to watch the small screen, everyone with a slightly different reaction.

Violet squeals, holding all of her giggling for the rest of the song. Mike gasps, and watches the whole video with his mouth partly open in shock. Bailey and Ella have their eyes bright and have smiles on their faces, and while Ella mumbles things like "Oh my god that's so sweet!", Bailey mumbles "Holy shit he got it hard for you, Sadie."

The video finishes, and there is a silence. But I was already bracing for what was coming next. Three. Two. One.

"Sadie Salvay I fucking told you!" Violet shouts at me, which I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting the cursing. "The poor guy had to write a whole freaking song for you to realize the truth. What have you told him?"

"Nothing, really..." I say, turning my face away to shield myself from the next assault.

"What? Sadie, you are calling him now!" Before I can realize what she is doing, she is pressing over his name on my short contacts list, and then, she makes it go to the speakers, so I can hear the beeps.

"Give me my phone back!" I say, making a reach for my phone. The beeping stops, and Shawn comes on.

"Hey princess! So did you watch it yesterday?" He asks, and the girls try to control their giggles, but it doesn't work. Mike simply looks at me with a smirk, mouthing "princess?".

"Sadie? Are you there?" Shawn says, obviously confused to why he was responded to giggles.

I snatch my phone out of Violet's hands, quickly pressing to turn off the speakers and putting the phone to my ear.

"Hi Shawn! I'm sorry, my phone had been stolen, but now it is in my hands again." I say while I stand up, pacing around the room as I always do.

"Oh, ok. Um, did you watch the live video yesterday?" He asks, a bit shyly.

"Yes, I watched it. The song is really beautiful Shawn. Really, thank you. No one had ever done something like that for me." I answer, also feeling a bit uneasy, but saying the words sincerely, nevertheless.

"I am really happy you liked it!" He says, and there is a silence, the only thing that I am aware of being of my speading heart hammering against my chest."So you know what day is tomorrow, right?"

"Um, no. What does tomorrow have?" I answer, teasing. I knew very well what was happening tomorrow. "Oh, wait, I remember! It is friendship day again for the hundredth time just this year!" I say, trying my best to act it out.

"You really don't rememeber?" He says, and I can't help but feel slightly sad when I hear the hurt in his voice.

"Of course I do, you dumb! Tomorrow is the birthday of this awesome kid named Shawn Peter Raul Mendes!"

"You won't be able to call me kid after tomorrow, will you?"

"Oh, yes, that's right. You will become oficially an adult. Pardon me. I guess you won't want talk to kids like me anymore afterwards, will you? From tomorrow onwards, you're three years older than me."

"Damn, saying it like that, you're a fetus!" We both laugh at this. "But don't worry, I'll never stop talking to you."

"Good to know!" I say, smiling. The door swings open, and a person comes in. "I'm sorry, I need to go now. There are people arriving, so Mr. Travis might be here in any second."

"Oh ok. We'll talk again later?" He asks, and forgeting that he can't see me, I nod.

"Yes, talk to you later! Bye!" I say, ending the phone call, and taking my seat again next to Violet.

"So when's the wedding?" She asks with a smirk on her face, and I roll my eyes. "I call dibs as maid of honour." She completes.

The day passes by slowly, and once again, I have Chemistry. Why did they always put it for the last ot first lessons of the day? It's horrible. At least, it was the last lesson of Chemistry I would have for the rest of the week.

Arriving in the class, the first thing I notice is that he was handing out a pile of papers.

"Oh shoot, Violet, he's giving back the tests!" I say, gripping her arm to help with my nerves..

"No! Come on Sadie, we need pray!" We quickly take our usual seats, and start. "Please god, or however else that is up there, don't let me get a bad grade, or else my mother will kill me!"

He goes around giving us the test back, and everytime he gets near us, we hold our breaths and clutch each other's arms. "Please, please, please, I studied so much!" I mumble to myself, as the teacher passes near me, walking past to give the test to another girl. I couldn't see any red stamp, so I guess she didn't go as well. When the person went well, he always puts a red stamp of his face on it.

He finally came towards me an Violet, giving us two papers in which both had a red stamp on it. "Smashing!" He says his favourite word as he gave it to us, and walking back to his desk.

Violet squealed. "I can't believe it, we both got an A+! And I thought I was going to fail!" She says, both of us laughing that we got good grades in the subject we most hate.

Looking down, I see a message in the corner. "Best grade in the class!". Woah, I wasn't expecting it. But I did study for it though.

"Did you get the bonus mark?" I ask, turning to the back of the test where there was a drawing I made with a red tick next to it. It was a rainy day, with a dead flower next to a sad stickman, which had a bubble which said. "I lost hope in life." He always told us to do a weird drawing when we had tests, and the theme he had given us this time was "a world without Kanye West". Guessing that he liked Kanye, I made a sad world.

"No, look at this!" Violet says, laughing, as she shows me her drawing of dead plants and a rainy day with a red cross next to it, with a message saying "The loss of Kanye would mess up with us, not the climate." I start laughing, in disbelief of what our teacher wrote down. I couldn't believe he actually did that.

***

Shawn's POV:

"Mum! Dad! Aaliyah! You're here!" I say, hugging each of them. Each one of them wished me happy birthday, and my mum, especially, looked very emotional.

"I can't believe my boy is turning eighteen!" She says, hugging me again.

"Mum has been like that for the whole past week." Aaliyah says, laughing.

We stayed talking for a while, until we were interupted by one member of the crew who entered the bus with a large package. "Shawn, this is for you." He says, giving me the heavy package. Curious about what was in it, I open it, revealing a basket filled to the top with chocolate chip muffins. Not resisting myself, I get one out, taking a huge bite out of this delicous creation of god as I looked for any name.

"Who is it from?" Aaliyah asks me, devouring the muffins just by staring. Just when I was about to say that I didn't know, I find a colourful card, which was made with watercolour, "happy birthday Shawn" written in neat typography. Just by looking, I knew it had been handmade, and I knew who it was from. Flipping the card over, I found a short message written with round letters, which in the end, had Sadie's signature on it.

"Dear Guitar Boy,
Happy Birthday!!! I really wish you have an awesome day and wish you all the best: you deserve everything that's good! I'm sorry, I am so crappy writing birthday messages. I normally don't write them, but for you I had to try.

Just thank you for everything. Thank you for being the awesome person that you are, that brought music into my life and puts a smile on my face when no one else can, that is there for me when no one is. I could seriously go on and on, but I am going to spare you the boredom, so I'll stop just by saying: Thank you for everything!

Now, a birthday present for you is a really hard thing to find! Clothes; you wear the same things. And then you love guitars, but then, I don't know how to choose one that would be good. So I decided to stick with a week's worth of muffins ( which I know will last much less) and I know that it is something that you absolutely love! Then, I noticed you have really liked wearing Harry Potter merch lately, so if you search in the package, I bought you new things. I just hope you like them, and that I bought the right size.

Have a awesome birthday!
From a best friend that loves you,
Sadie"

Smiling, I put, the card down, and realize that everyone is looking at me with very amused looks. "If you guys want a muffin, just ask! I have plenty." I say, not understanding why they were looking at me like that.

"I think that Shawn is in looooove." Aaliyah teases me, smiling. I roll my eyes, but still felt my face heat up.

Was I? Maybe.

"Who is it from?" My mum asks. Before I could say anything, Aaliyah answers.

"I would bet with all my savings it is from that girl, what's her name, Sadie?" She says, and I raising my eyebrows, I look at her.

"How do you know about her? I mean, she was mentioned in a interview once, and I did speak to dad and mum about her, but never really to you."

"Shawn, you know that your fans are going crazy from the song you composed to her, right?" She says, as if it was the most obvious thing on Earth.

"Can I see it?" My dad says, gesturing to the card, and I hand it to him.

"Shawn, you never told me you had a girlfriend!" My mum says in a mixture of disbelief and hurt, probably thinking that I kept this from her.

"I don't." I answer.

"Well, then if you don't, who the hell has their name as "princess" on your phone?" Aaliyah asks, showing me my phone which she had been messing with and turning the screen to me, telling I had an incoming call from Sadie. Before I can get it though, she answers it, putting the phone to her ear and standing up, preparing to run away from me.

"Hi Sadie, this is Aaliyah, Shawn's sister!" She says, smiling at me as I try to snatch the phone from her, and she ducks under my arm."I'm good, thanks. So tell me something: what on Earth did you see in my brother?" She says, and afraid of what Sadie would answer, I lunge for my phone again. But it was useless.

"Give me my phone back, Aaliyah!"

"Have you slept with him already?" Aaliyah asks Sadie, and I couldn't get madder. I felt the heat rise to my face once more, more embarrassed than ever.

"What the fuck Aaliyah, she's fifteen!"

"Watch your language Shawn!" My mother reprimands me. While everything is happening, my dad is laughing about everything.

"Cool! A bit older than me, but we are gonna be besties!"

"Not a thing has changed..." My dad says.

I suddenly notice Aaliyah distracted with whatever she is talking to Sadie about, so I lunge for my phone again, finally getting a grip of my phone.

"Sadie! I'm so sorry about this." I say, glaring at Aaliyah, who is frowning at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Don't worry. She is so funny!" She says, laughing.

"Right. Funny." I say, still glaring at her.

"Happy birthday! Did you recieve it already?" She asks.

"Yes, I did recieve it. Thank you!There is no better gift than food. And you're right, it won't last a week."

"I'm happy I got something right. And the clothes? Are they ok?"

"I still haven't seen them... You called, and then my sister decided to steal my phone, so I did not have time."

"Oh, ok then. Tell me afterwards. Today is the last concert in the tour, right?"

"Yes, it is." I say, feeling a mixture of sadness and relief. I loved the tour. Performing is what I love to do the most. But also, it all gets kind of crazy, so having a rest will be good. In all of this, I couldn't help but notice something different in her voice. "Sadie, are you ok?" I ask. There is a pause, but she finally answers.

"I don't want to lie to you, so I will honestly say that I'm not. But I don't want you to worry about me, ok?"

"Sadi-"

"Ok Shawn?"

"Fine." I surrender.

"Awesome. Um, well, have a good concert tonight! I really need to go. I think there is a teacher nearby. Bye!" She says, and when I return it, I finish the call.

Sighing, I lay my phone on a near table, thinking on how much I miss that girl. Being with her, laughing with her, seeing that smile. I just wanted to be next to her and be there.

"What is it?" My dad asks me, and I shrug.

"I just miss her." I say, sitting again next to him.

"Then why don't you visit her?"

This comment made me suddenly jolt awake, as if I had waken up from a long sleep.

"What do you mean? How can I?"

"Look, the tour is finishing, and afterwards, you will have to work on your album, right? But you also need a break from everything. So why don't you work on your album while you visit her? I mean, if that's what you want to do. I am sure Andrew will agree. What difference will it make if you work on your album in another country?"

Listening to my dad say that, I realized it was true. I could do that, and I wanted to do that. I wanted to sort everything I messed up with Sadie, and be with her. Everyone had noticed a change in me, and maybe I did need a break. Also, I had promised her I would visit her the first opportunity I got. And I meant to keep that promise.

"You're right. I need to go. And that's what I will do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 49.1K 66
"I'm here right now and I can look you in the eyes and say to you that I desire you, that I want you again, and that I won't rest until you're mine a...
667K 13.1K 53
Julie Marie Gray and her mom moved to Beverly Hills to start a new life after what happened in their past. Julie visits the BHHS and finds new friend...
496K 9.6K 46
Jess was just the average Shawn Mendes fan who was going to a concert and meet and greet. But when he takes a liking in her, things change. Dramatica...
479K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends