Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

New Kid in Town

42.3K 1K 798
By GeekEvergirl

........................
Bello!
Now I even said it the minion way. I am really out of ideas.

So we have a new character, and he is like the picture of the boy above, which is also Ross Lynch!

I hope you like this chapter! I know that not many things are happening, but it will soon!

Enjoy! :)
Xxx,
Sara
........................

Sadie's POV:
Instead of immediately sitting up and starting to change, I stayed lying there in my bed for what seemed an eternity, looking at the ceiling and bracing for the day ahead of me. Finally finding some courage from deep down, I leave the bed, realizing that I should have turned on the AC this last night. The usual heat was back.

After doing everything I always did in the morning and making a french braid to make my hair look less wild, I slip on my dark blue jean shorts, knowing very well I wouldn't be able to bear trousers with this temperature. I then put on my grey vans and a simple white blouse, letting the key necklace hang loose in front of it, which made a nice little touch.

Lazy as I am to do a more elaborate breakfast, such as a sandwich, I simply eat a bowl of cereal and milk. The second alarm blasted just as I put the empty bowl inside the sink, and getting my backpack, I hopped inside the car, muttering a "good morning" to Roger.

I woke up just when the car pulled up in front of school, and putting my phone in my pocket, I went straight to my homeroom, as I had all the necessary notebooks already in my backpack. Today Ella was here, talking cheerfully to Mike, Violet and Bailey. I still can't understand how a person can be this cheerfull and awake in the morning. She didn't always come here in the mornings, as she wasn't from the same homeroom as the rest of us.

"Good morning Sadie! Oh, sorry. I forgot. Now you're princess." She says, making me roll my eyes. "Loved your necklace, by the way. Is it new?"

"Didn't you know? Shawn gave it to her." Violet answers with a smirk.

"Well, good morning to you too!" I say.

"Is that true? Shawn gave you that necklace? I still can't believe you actually became his friend." Mike asks. I nod, looking down at the rose gold key. I smile, remembering what Shawn had said about it: I wanted you always to remember that I will always be here for you.

I was very glad with how Mike was acting. Since I met Shawn, he has cut his insults short, but again, it had only been a day.

"As if it was only that." Bailey says under her breath. Now Bailey too?

Remembering that I had not checked for texts today, I take my phone out, using these last few moments I had to use my phone.

Guitar Boy 🎸: Good luck for today! I know you'll be great.

"Awwww!" Ella says over my shoulder, scaring the crap out of me. I didn't have a clue she was there.

"Seriously, what is with everyone liking to scare me?" I ask, frustrated. Ella just shrugs, turning around continuing her chat with Bailey.

Princess👑: Thank you! I really do hope so!

People start to come in little by little, and as Mr. Travis enters, I am forced to turn off my phone and put it in my bag.

"Sadie, Mr. Brown asked me to give you this. I think it is your new schedule." I walk up to him and take it, saying "Thank you," and look at it. With a sigh of relief, I see that it is completely the same, except where once before was GP, now is Music. Apparently the lessons happened at the same time.

Unexpectadely, someone knocks at the door, catching everyones' attention. After Mr. Travis tells the person to come in, the door slides open, and a boy I have never seen before comes in.

"I am sorry to interrupt, I am new here, and they told me this is my homeroom?" He asks. He has blonde hair and dark brown eyes, and is overall, cute. From where I am sitting, he also looks kind of tall. He does look very fit, too. Instead of admiring his appearance, however, I could only think of how next to Shawn, the boy was nothing. Crush and fan bias? I don't think so.

The girls didn't think in the same way as I did, as they all start speaking quickly in loud whispers between themselves.

"Oh, yes, you're Jason... Jason Grant?" Mr. Travis asks, and the boy nods.

"Then you are in the right place. Come in!" Mr. Travis says warmly. The boy closes the door behind him, and before he can sit in the nearest empty chair, Mr. Travis drags him to the front of the classroom.

"So tell us about you, Jason." Mr. Travis insists. Jason doesn't really seem like the shy type, but he certainly is uncomfortable with everyone eyeing him.

"Um, hi, I'm Jason Grant, I am fifteen, about to turn sixteen. I moved here from Florida, because of my father's job." He says monotonally, like a robot, as if he already had this memorized.

It is always like this. The kids from this school either are here from the very beginning ( the school goes all the way from primary school to high school), or are the kind of kids who are always moving around, due to their parents' job. They always don't linger around for more than 4 years, really. It is a sad thing, as it is kind of risky making friends here as they may go away any second. But it is also good, as we have people from all over the world.

I don't fit in any of these categories, really. I may have foreign roots, but I have always lived here. My mother is British, and my father is from here. They met when my mum was on some holidays, and she ended up moving here, making me therefore be born here. I have grew up learning two languages, but I may say that my main one is really English, as it is surprisingly the language I think in. And as I grew up in a school that teaches English as it was your first language, I don't really speak the native language from this country if not necessary. I am supposed to speak English with my teachers, and my friends are all fluent in English too. Even my dad only speaks to me in English.

However, I am also not one of the students which are here since the very beggining. I went to another school, but the kids there weren't, lets say, very nice. I changed to this school then, which I prefer much more. It took some time, but I managed to find Bailey, Ella and Violet. I finally found some friends here. But again, they are the kind of people that have known each other since diapers, so they will always be closer to each other than I will ever be with any of them.

"Anything more to add?" Mr. Travis asks, and he shrugs.

"I don't think so." He says.

"Well, so I might just now choose someone who will help you around." Mr. Travis announces, and in a blink of an eye, every girl in the room; with the exception of Bailey, Violet and I; sat up straight and flipped their hairs, plastered bright smiles on their faces and raised their hands.

I didn't offer for various reasons. Firstly, I was boring, and I didn't want the poor guy to have such a boring first day. Secondly, I am a really reserved person, and I always feel uncomfortable talking to people I never spoke to before. Lastly, the guy had already too many volunteers. If it had been a person that didn't have anyone, then I would out of kindness. By why bother if otherwise?

Mr. Travis started looking around the room, and after I realized that he was ignoring all ofthe raised arms, I looked down. There was just this thing with teachers, that if I looked them in the eyes, I knew they would choose me. It just happened. So I learnt that I just had to keep my head down, and things would be fine.

Continuing to pretend I was tying my shoe lace, I noticed that Bailey and Violet were doing just the same. Oh, the good old trick we learnt together in the theatre lessons, when the teacher looked for "volunteers" (which was a not so accurate word for students who were basically dragged to the front) to do an exercise in front of everyone.

Thinking that Mr. Travis' eyes had passed me, I do the big mistake of looking up, only to be stared back at by Mr. Travis himself.

Oh, Fudge.

"Sadie, I am sure such a responsible, good student like you will be perfect for the task." He says, and I knew there was no way out of it. I simply sigh, not being able to do anything about it and feeling unsettled with the words the teacher used to describe me. I felt like those words didn't really suit me.

The time for us to leave registration comes, and we all stand up from our seats, leaving the classroom. Our first lesson was English, a lesson that was made up of all of the same people from homeroom.

"Sadie, right?" Jason asks, and I simply nod, trying to give him a kind smile. "We have English now?" He asks, and again, I nod. There is a silence, and I notice that he is trying to come up with something to make small talk with. I feel bad. I am making his first day at school incredibly boring. I just sometimes wish I could be more outgoing, like how I unusually had been with Shawn when I met him ( after he came help me up, not before when I tried to run away).

"You like English?" He asks.

"Yes, I do." I answer aloud, for a change. I do actually. I love books and writing, which made English a fun subject for me. "You?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I prefer Science." He answers, which surprised me. Looking at him, you would think he is the kind of person who preferred Gym classes.

"Really? I think it takes a lot to like Science in general. I can only really enjoy Biology. I am ok with Physics though." I say.

"Chemistry?"

"Don't even get me started."

Finally reaching the English room, we enter it. As usual, I take my lonely seat behind Violet and Bailey, the rest of the class already having their not really assigned partners. Also not finding a place to sit, Jason sits next to me, which I don't object. Jason was nice, but deep down, I couldn't stop wishing that Shawn was there instead.

***

"Ok, so your next lesson is right here." I say, gesturing Jason to the door that I wouldn't have to pass through anymore.

"What, you don't have GP?" He asks.

"No. Well, I did. But I just changed today, and I will be doing Music instead. Now, I have to go, bye!" I say, walking in a fast pace towards the music room so I could arrive on time. When I arrived there, everyone was there already, but I was just in time. It wasn't a very large class. 10 people maybe, myself included.

The majority threw me weird looks, not knowing what I was doing there. Taking a chair, I pulled my chair next to the end of the semicircle of chairs which was formed in front of the board.

"Sadie, that's your name, right?" Someone asks, and I turn to see who it was. I remember her from my Science classes. Her name is Aria; she is the kind of girl who is funny and is nice to everyone. I only had spoken to her once or twice, but I have a pretty positive image of her in my head.

"Yes." I answer.

"Did you like, join this class?" She asks, and I nod. It sounded like a stupid question, however I understood where she was getting it from. What I was doing, changing subjects so suddenly and so into the content, wasn't very common at all.

"Cool! Well, it is kind of risky at this point, but I'm sure you'll be fine." She says while smiling encouragingly, and I grin back.

"Welcome back, Sadie. So, we are just in the beginning of a new project, so you came in just at the right time. The task is to compose a song. It could be about anything. It has to be a whole song, and by that I mean the minimum of two verses and a chorus."

Dumbfounded, I stare back at him. He must have noticed my horror, because he starts again. "Don't worry. This project is in groups," people start to look at each other, mentally creating the perfect groups, while I stay there, waiting Mr. Brown to continue. "and I have already formed them." The gazes drop, frowns now on many peoples' faces.

"There will only be two groups. Group 1 is made up of Anne, Brooke, Stefan, Jack and Leo. Group 2 is then made up with everyone remaining, which are Aria, Nick, Bree, Sean and Sadie." My heart skips at the familiar name. I didn't know we had a Shawn in our year. Mr. Brown projects the group list on the board, and I realize it is written in the different way. I nearly laugh out loud, remembering of that time when Shawn told me that people who mispelled his name are not to be trusted.

"Ok, so group 1 can stay here, and group 2 stays in the other room. Now, I would like to have both a recorded version and a performance. All said?" He asks, looking at everyone, and when no one asks anything he says. "Ok, then let's get to work!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7M 416K 72
▪ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks the boys. "We aren't really into any compe...
229K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
331K 12.1K 102
-'after women, flowers are the most divine creations' ~ Christian Dior - Aria Summer Reed owns a flower shop, Aria's Flowers, her latest customer, Sh...
212K 9K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...