Shapeshifter

By xCourtofDreamersx

(Completed) Skyler (Skye for short) Everheart is a shifter with a secret that she didn't think she had inside... More

Publishing in Process!
Author's Note:
Copyright Law
Chapter: 1 Darkness, my old friend
Chapter: 2 The Typical High-School Life
Chapter: 3 Not all Meetings are Good.
Chapter: 4 Remembrance
Chapter: 6 Teasing is The New Trend, Didn't you know?
Chapter: 7 Actions has Consequences
Chapter: 8 Here We Go Again
Chapter: 9 Revelation
Chapter: 10 Good News or Bad News?
Chapter: 11 Danger Lurks Around Every Corner
Chapter: 12 Light Vs. Darkness
Chapter: 13 The Aftermath
Chapter: 14 The Truth
Chapter: 15 Obstacles
Chapter: 16 Come Closer
Chapter: 17 A Romantic Place
Chapter: 18 Heated and Confusion All in One
Chapter: 19 Accidents Happened All The Time
Chapter: 20 Problems Are Normal, Right?
Chapter: 21 Uncertainty
Chapter: 22 Hot Explanations
Chapter: 23 Be Confident in Your Own Skin
Chapter: 24 Stolen Moments
Chapter: 25 The Gathering Awaits
Chapter: 26 Peaceful Night Turned Into Terror and Light
Chapter: 27 The Warning
Chapter: 28 Dark Omens, Oh my!
Chapter: 29 The High Council Meeting
Chapter: 30 Complications
Chapter: 31 Acquiring A Meeting
Chapter: 32 The Revealed of The Warning
Chapter: 33 Not a Miracle Anymore, But Cursed
Chapter: 34 Doubting Much?
Chapter: 35 Strange Occurrences, huh?
Chapter: 36 Chaos Everywhere!
Chapter: 37 A Simple Moment
Chapter: 38 Ambitions and Learning
Chapter: 39 Trusting Isn't Not Easy by Any Means
Chapter: 40 World so Cold
Chapter: 41 Selling Your Soul To A Demon
Chapter: 42 Surprises Leads To Many Things
Chapter: 43 Reunited Once More
Chapter: 44 Becoming The Luna
Chapter: 45 Hoping is a Fun Night
Epilogue:

Chapter: 5 Seeking Some Fun?

9K 415 13
By xCourtofDreamersx

Chapter: 5

We had safely arrived at our home, but before I could get a chance to speak to Lila. She was already leaving again. Something had spooked her and whoever had called her. It couldn't be good at all. So, now we were sitting on the sofa watching something that was on the television screen. It had been a long day and I was ready to go to sleep. The sisters were surprised to see that I was staying down in the living room with them and not go to my room as I usually do. I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't hide away in my room. Not after all the crap that I had gone through. 

All of us were silent as we sat there together, but they were good company to have around especially on this terrible day. The silence was comfortable and it wasn't oppressing or anything that involves awkwardness at all. It was perfect. At least for right now, it was. That's all that matters to me. The sisters and I sitting here being perfectly content with each other. That's what I thought at least until Irene let out a groan before speaking, "I want to do something. It's not even six yet and I am bored."

Abigail chuckled before asking her sister, "Are we late for an important date?"

"Yeah, Irene? What do you want to do?" I asked her as well.

She gave us a glaring look, but it didn't take her long to smile before answering, "I heard there was a party going on and that we were invited as well."

"By who? We didn't receive invitations?" Abigail asked with an innocent face and the furrowing of her eyebrows.

"Let me guess, Hayden did." I practically growled her name.

Abigail looks expectedly at her sister and Irene looks back over at her. They were doing the twin connection again which was not surprising at all. I waited patiently for her to confirm what I had said while narrowing my eyes at her. Irene nodded her head as her eyes lock onto mine, "Yes, she did." 

"Did she come up to you?" Abigail asked her.

"She did." Irene frowns deeply while anger creeps into her eyes, "I wasn't pleased about it."

I stood up from the couch while speaking, "She's a tramp. Why the hell is she inviting us to some stupid party of hers?" 

Irene was quiet and not looking at me as Abigail shrugged her shoulders, "Who knows with that woman?"

"It wasn't like I was going to the party for that bimbo anyway." Irene gave me a cold look while getting up from the couch as graciously as she could, "I am going to start dinner. You guys have homework to do." 

"Yes, mom." Abigail and I were in sync when we chime in with our sarcastic answer to Irene. 

She shot us another glaring look while looking away from us and storm off to the kitchen. Abigail and I share a look with each other as I shook my head at Irene's mood swings. One minute she is being sly and then the next she is grumpy as usual. I stalked over to the stairs while going up the steps and headed to my room. Abigail follows me a moment later as we trudge to our rooms. It wasn't like it was the first time that I had homework to do, but my mind was elsewhere besides homework. I didn't feel like doing right now as I curl up on my bed, gazing out the window. The breeze blew the trees as the sun was setting and night fall was coming sooner than before. 

Maybe, going to the party would be a good idea to get my mind off of this tragic day. I could use a distraction.

*(*

Dinner was done and we all sat around the table as we began to place our food on the plates. Abigail gave a ding as she got up from the table to check and to see that it was from their Aunt who would be out late. We were all confused as we weren't sure why, but we didn't say anything about it as we continued to eat our dinner in silence. There was small talk, but mainly between the sister witches. My mind was more on this tragic day than anything else and even though thinking about all the things that I could have done to save them. Every one of those scenarios came to me dying instead of helping my parents. It wouldn't have made a difference.

Once dinner was done and the dishes as well, Irene had checked the time on the stove while looking over at us as we're loading the dishwasher. We pause to look over at her and to see a wicked smirk spread across her lips, "It's time." Then she stalks out of the kitchen.

Abigail and I gave each other an excited smile as we hurried to fill the dishwasher while beginning its cycle. Soon, we were racing up the stairs to get dressed into something that screams party outfit before heading out to the party tonight. It didn't take long for us to choose our outfits which was surprising with us. Usually, we take a little bit longer deciding what dress we should wear or what color would look best. I knew what I was going to wear anyway and I already had it pick out. 

With my dark hair and dark eyes, I chose a red halter top that shows my midriff off. Along with a black jean skirt that barely skimmed my knees. Golden buttons decorate the front as I slipped on some black high heels. I took my black jacket as it did get a bit nippy here. I pulled half of my hair back before using a clip to lock it in place. I check myself out in the mirror to make sure that I look satisfied with myself. I didn't really like my hair back so, I took the clip out and toss it back onto my dresser. Running my hands through my dark locks. I let it fall around my shoulders. The shorter layer framing the side of my face. Soon, I decided to go with that and turn around to leave. 

I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the pocket of my jacket. I was ready to go.

It didn't take long for me to descend down the steps and to the foyer to see that Abigail was down there. She wore jeans along with a black halter top that had that gleaming jewel on the front of it. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I notice that the top show off her back. She wore black high heel boots. It was impressive. Her sister came from the other hallway dress in black shorts with a red top that has a deep v. She had short wedge boots as her wavy black hair fell around her shoulders. If their aunt caught her in that, she would be in trouble. "Ready to go?" She asked us while dangling the keys as her black hair fell over her shoulders in waves.

We both nodded our heads while speaking together, "Yes, we are." 

"Good, let's get this show on the road." She gave us a coy smirk while sauntering past us. 

Abigail's eyes follow after her sister while I shook my head. We follow her while exchanging shock looks with one another. We ended up grinning and was very excited about tonight. Not caring if Irene did a total three-sixty on us.

*(*

So, the party was at someone's summer house that was deep within the forest or it could be someone that lives out here away from civilization. It was very appealing and pleasing to look as well. There was a large picture window and it was beautiful. I admire the beauty of the house and the way that it was built. There was a stone firepit out front with people around it as they were drinking and laughing as well. The three of us were entering the party as we share a look with each other. There were some recognizable faces from high school as well which wasn't surprising at all considering that they were part of Hayden's group or girls that wish to be her.

It made me angry to even think about much less want to even be someone else. Why would anyone do that to themselves? Maybe, it was me thinking that way. Lila was always telling me that I was wise for my age, but I guess it was typical for a girl who went through so much at a young age. Still baring the tragic passing of her parents. Never to experience life without a mom and dad. Even one of her parents, but then that would selfish. Utter selfish and rude. 

The sisters went to mingle and left me standing there awkwardly as I didn't know what to think or even do, but as I normally do at a party was to hide from everyone. I wasn't much of an outgoing person anyway. Today wasn't the day to be doing this, but I promise myself earlier that I won't lock myself in a room or stay hidden. It was easier to say one thing, but actually doing it. Now, that was a whole different story. With a deep breath, I walk around the outer circle of the group of people who were chattering away and talking. Then my ears pick up the sound of a tree branch snapping as it caught my attention and made me stop in my tracks.

The sound of male laughter brought my attention to a man that was familiar along with two others that were there with the male. If I didn't know any better, I would say that these just walk out off of a movie platform as they were gorgeous to look at. I could tell too as the girls stopped and gaze at them even the guys were envious of how much their girls were oogling them. It wasn't surprising. The one that catches my attention was the same one from the library. What was his name again? Blonde hair and dark brown eyes that shimmer with the fire, very beautiful. Very tall. My knees started to shake as I didn't know why. He shouldn't be doing this to me as he had caught me in the middle of me bopping to my studies. Now, that was embarrassing. 

My eyes took in his clothing. A blue jean jacket, a white t-shirt with a v-neck, and dark jeans along with some typical sneakers for a guy. He was dress casual, but he was gorgeous to stare at. Even being this far away from him. My heart was beating faster in my chest as I took a deep breath to settle myself. As if sensing that someone was gazing intently at him, his eyes found mine even between the distance between us. His eyes widen in surprise as a tremor went through my body. A smirk was starting to spread across those luscious lips of his, but I didn't stick around to see what he will do. I turn around and shove past two guys that gave a protest. Did I care? No, I didn't.

It was better if I didn't even speak to him. Much less bother him. Knowing that little tramp would probably make this night a living hell for me. So, for right now until I get a better feeling of this guy. I will stay away from him. 

For now.

Comment, Vote! 

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 67 20
πŸ₯€Heat licks up my bones and into the surrounding skin, my groan of pleasure joining Damaris's low growl of desire. However, his lips stay as gentle...
108 29 12
Callista Everhart is a young accountant, living her life day by day and trying to survive in the big city. However, her heart has always been up in t...
30.1K 1.2K 82
[COMPLETE/WILL BE REWRITTEN] BOOK FIVE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * Home. A place that Sage dreamed of returning to since the moment she woke...
64 4 11
I have the rest of this book published on Archive of Our Own as well as some of the other books in the series. My Archive of Our Own account name is...