Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Close Your Eyes

40.1K 1.2K 426
By GeekEvergirl

..........................
I'm back people!

So I can't believe that Three Empty Words is out! It is so freaking beautiful!

This chapter doesn't have a song...

I hope you are liking this story!
Xxx,
Sara
........................
Sadie's POV:

"Sadie! Shawn! You guys need to wake up!"

My eyes flutter open, and the first thing I see is Ella shaking me, trying to wake me up.

"What is happening?" I ask, trying to sit up, only to be stopped by a groaning Shawn who tightened his arms around me even more.

"Long story short, something happened and the teachers are going to check up every room! Not that there is a problem Shawn being in here, the problem is the time." She says, showing me the clock on her phone screen showing 02:24."We need to get him out of here, now!"

I turn to Shawn, still wrapped in his arms, and even though he had opened his eyes a minute ago and mumbled something, he looks like he already fell asleep again. Not being able to get free from his strong arms, I try my best to look up at him, a task that was very difficult when you have his arms pulling you against his chest. He looks so peaceful sleeping. He looks happy, and that makes me wonder what he is dreaming about. I am going to hate myself for disrupting it.

"Shawn." I say, but he doesn't budge. I slightly tap my hand in his shoulder, shaking him gently. "Shawn." I say a bit louder, trying to awake him in a pleasant way. Getting a bit closer to his ear, I repeat. "I'm sorry Shawn, but you have to wake up."

Shawn finally opens his eyes, looking at me with a cute, lazy smile that makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter lightly.

Stop Sadie.

"Shawn, you need to get out of here, no time to explain." I say urgently, which he noticed, so he nods and sits up, untangling his arms from me. We stand up, and I take him to the door, when the same one is knocked on three times from the other side.

"Girls? It's me, Mrs. Miller!" Ella, Bailey, Shawn and I freeze at the sound of this, and the first thing that I could think of is open the door to our right, which is the bathroom door, and drag Shawn with me in there, shutting the door behind. I thought that if miss saw the three of us;Bailey,Ella and I; out of the bathroom, she would certainly search it. However, if I was in it, I could pretend I had been in the bathroom all along, which would keep her out of the there.

Turning on the lights of the not so big but not so small bathroom, I press my index to my lips, telling Shawn to keep quiet. He nods, and together, we press our ears to the door.

"Good night, Mrs. Miller! What brought you here?" Ella says in her polite and cheerful tone.

"Oh Ella, I'm so sorry to be here at this time, but many students have been catched out of their rooms now. I don't really mind, to be sincere, I know you people like to make your hang out sessions, or whatever they are called, but I had asked everyone specifically that only today I wouldn't want them to happen until too late due to the tiring day tomorrow. But I can't be a fun teacher without them wanting to abuse of it..." She says sadly, stepping into the room.

"Um... Who is the third person of this room? Isn't it Sadie?" She asks, and as none of them say anything, I guess that someone nodded.

"She has just went in the bathroom, I think to take a shower." Bailey says. Who takes a shower at two in the morning? Having to go with what she said, I go to the shower and open the taps, letting the water flow. I sigh, feeling bad for wasting this amount of water.

Pressing my ear harder to the door so I can hear over the sound of the water, I concentrate on what they are saying.

"At this time?" Mrs. Miller asks.

"It's Sadie who we are talking about." Bailey answers. There is a silence, probably because Mrs.Miller is taking a look around the room. Not much time afterwards, she speaks up again.

"Girls, I am so sorry, I trust you completely, but I have to talk to Sadie." She knocks on the door, and says "Sadie?"

I consider opening the door and poking my head out, but then she would have a clear view of the mirror, which Shawn would be very visible in.

I step a bit further away from the door, trying to make my voice sound like I am more distant, and not just behind the door.

"Mrs. Miller?" I ask, pretending to not recognize the voice over the shower.

"Yes, it's me! I am sorry to interrupt, but could you please come out? It's quick!" She says.

Sugar cookies. I'm doomed.

"Ok, I'm coming!"

An idea pops up, and I blush as I think of it, completely embarrassed with it. But I have to do it. I drag Shawn to a small corner and push him down, taking him from the mirrors' range. He looks kind of lost, like he doesn't understand why he has to duck. I lean in closer to him, so I can be sure Mrs. Miller won't hear it.

"Please, close your eyes, and do not open them before I tell you so. You try and you die, Mendes." He nods, still confused. "I trust you." I say seriously, which makes him close his eyes immediately, putting his hands over them.

"Sorry, I'm coming! Just a second!" I say.

I quickly make a knot with my hair and grab a towel. As quickly as possible, I take my shirt of and put the towel around me, and I couldn't be so thankful that today was an unusually hot day so I was wearing jean shorts, and that I had chosen to wear a strapless bra, so it wouldn't appear if I wrapped the towel around it.

Wow Sadie, that escalated quickly. One day, you have your first kiss. The next, and you are already taking off your shirt in front of him.

Before I open the door, I pass my hand on the running water and sprinkle it over my face and exposed shoulders. Finally, I open the door, only my torso upwards appearing behind the door, making Shawn not visible at that angle.

"Hi miss! I'm sorry I took so long, you know how I am, and I slipped... Is there any problem?" I ask.

"Oh, no Sadie, it's all fine. I have to make a check up in all the rooms, and I had to make absolutely sure you were here." She says. "Now, I'm sorry to ask, but don't you think it is a bit late to take a shower?"

"Well, I agree, however I fell asleep a bit early, and only woke up about half an hour ago, only to remember that I forgot to take a shower." My tone sounds unusually confident, unlike how I thought it would come out in a situation like this.

She nods, convinced with my answer. "Then get back there again. I am really sorry for this."

I shrug, indicating that it didn't bother me. "It's really ok miss. Good night!" I say, and when she says it back, I close the bathroom door again.

I hear Ella and Bailey exchanging a few words with Mrs. Miller, before I hear a door open and close.

"You guys can come out!" They say, and grabbing my shirt that was on the floor, I pull it over my head, taking the towel underneath it afterwards.

"You can open your eyes now." I say. He is in the small corner I had dragged him to, his bent knees supporting his long hands that are hiding his eyes. He slowly takes his hands away, looking up at me hesitantly, not sure if he should do so. Seeing that there is nothing wrong, he stands up.

I go to the shower taps, close them and leave the bathroom, Shawn trailing me behind. "Had fun in there, Shawn?" Bailey asks with raised eyebrows.

"He didn't see anything." I answer strictly, but then my attention is catched by the the corners of his lips curling slightly upwards and then straightening again, him trying to maintain a neutral expression.

Heat rises to my face, both of embarassment and anger. "Shawn, I can't believe it! I said I trusted you!" I say, raising my hand to slap his arm. Shawn must have feared my anger, because he raised his hands in both surrender and to defend himself, laughing.

"I'm kidding! Really! I swear I didn't see a thing!" He says. "I just thought the situation funny, that's all!" Even though he says this half laughing, his tone is sincere, and I believe him, which makes me lower my hand.
"Not that I didn't want to..." He mumbles under his breath.

"What did you say?!" I ask, wide eyed.

"Nothing! Nothing..." He answers.

"Well, anyways," I say, turning to Ella,who was holding in her laughs. I decide to ignore that,"how did you know Mrs.Miller was coming?"

"The group on Whatsapp. Apparently there was a room in which about 15 people were in, don't ask me how, and she found out. The only problem was the fact that she had asked us not to stay up until late in other people's room. The teachers then started checking up on every room, and people warned this in the group." Ella turned her phone to me, showing the texts the people sent.

"Well, I know that Mrs. Miller wouldn't be mad if she saw Shawn, as we did ask for permission for Shawn to come here, but I just thought it wouldn't be a very wise idea for her to see you two sharing a bed, all cuddled up and stuff." She says this with a tiny smirk on her face, which makes me blush. I did not dare look at him, but I had my suspicions that he was as embarrassed as I was.

"I- I think I should get going. I heard tomorrow will be a very active day for you, and you should get some rest." He says.

"Wait. We need to make sure she is not in the corridor. Ella, can you ask everyone where is she?" I ask. Ella types something in her phone, and a few seconds later, she already has an answer.

"Mrs.Miller is right now in a room. Use this time!" She says hurriedly to Shawn, who quickly moves towards the door.

"See you tomorrow, Shawn!" I say, giving him a quick hug.

"See you tomorrow, princess!" He says back. I open the door and he slips past to the corridor, quickly going to his room which wasn't too far away.

Closing the door and turning around, I find Ella and Bailey throwing daggers at me with their glares, arms crossed over their chests.

"Young lady, you have something to explain to us." Ella says.

Confused and scared, I approach them. "What are you two talking about?"

"Don't play dumb!" She snaps, and after I stay just looking at them, completely dumbfounded, she orders me to sit, pointing to the arm chair Bailey made my makeup on, and I did as I was told.

"What is going on between you and Shawn?" Bailey asks, and I frown. There was nothing between Shawn and I.

I mean, apart from the kiss and the fact that I like him, I guess nothing, right? I am new to this thing, but I am pretty sure that to have something going on, both people have to have an interest in the other. And one side was lacking the interest.

"Oh, come on Sadie, you can tell us!" She insists. "You know we were here when you talked about the interview, right? And when he sang to you?" I start to object, saying that he didn't sing it to me.

"No, sorry Sadie, it's not possible. Either you don't want to accept it, or you are both blind and deaf. Didn't you see the way he sang for you? The song choice? "I know that we just met", "maybe I'm just a kid in love".  And I see the way you look at each other." She finishes, and there is a silence.

"And we talked to Violet while you were sleeping. When we showed her you guys sleeping, she said something about "being so happy you told him the truth" and "are they oficial?". What did you tell Violet?" Ella says, and I am able to read hurt in her eyes, hurt that I told Violet something and didn't tell her.

I felt bad, but I also felt pressured. I had only told Violet because I needed someone to talk to, and she was the wisest choice. Ella and Bailey would make it so awkward between Shawn and me, I am absolutely sure. And I couldn't go around telling people that I liked him. It would only make it more real, more difficult to get over.

Ella and Bailey must have noticed my discomfort, because they uncrossed their arms and sat on the bed in front of me.

"Look, if you don't want to tell us, it's fine. But we know that you have always struggled in this... Department, lets say, so we want to help you. Are you sure you don't want our help?" Ella says, the demanding tone in her voice disappearing.

Making my decision, I nod. I wanted to tell them, but I couldn't make this that I am feeling more real. I didn't want things to become awkward between Shawn and I. And keeping this friendship that I had created with Shawn was my top priority right now.

"Thank you guys, but there is nothing to talk about. And I'm going back to sleep, I'm super tired. Good night." I say standing up from my chair and going straight to my bed.

I fell asleep quite quickly, unlike yesterday. But I couldn't shake off the feeling of emptiness, the feeling that something was missing. The feeling that Shawn wasn't there, hugging me in a way that made me calm down, made me feel safe. Protected me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
251K 16.3K 80
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
4M 77.7K 95
| currently in editing | "Are you afraid of me?"
42.8K 807 48
COMPLETED! When Joshua Matthews and Maya Hunter see each other for the first time in ages the last thing on their mind was marrying. Now that is exac...