ErrorFresh: What is Love?

By CT-Unused-ACC

(This was written by a younger and shittier version of me. Please ignore any grammatical mistakes, plot holes... More

Before we begin... PLEASE READ!
Prologue: Black Soul
Chapter 2: Corrupt
Chapter 3: Fear and Comfort
Chapter 4: Heart ache
Chapter 5: Cute and Rude
Chapter 6: His True identity
Chapter 7: Dark, and Broken
A/N
Chapter 8: Colors
Chapter 9: Forgiveness is what it takes.
Drawing #1
Drawing #2
FanArt #1
Chapter 10: Insomniac
A/N
Chapter 11: Is this Goodbye?
Chapter 12: It's too late to apolagize
Chapter 13: Frozen Tears
TODAY IS THE DAY
Chapter 14: Last Fight
Chapter 15: The Universe left with dust
Tagged
Chapter 16: Non-Existent Void
Drawing #3
Chapter 17: Possessed in your games
Chapter 18: We meet again
Chapter 19: Forever Nights
Chapter 20: Memories
Important A/N
Chapter 21: The Night
Chapter 22: The Past
Chapter 23(Final Chapter): Reunited
Epilogue
Chapter Plans
Thank you
I never felt so loved and accepted

Chapter 1: Lost Soul

6.1K 165 167
By CT-Unused-ACC

He had collected more than a hundred souls thus far and yet he still plans to collect more, even if he had to kill a thousand times, even if he had to reset a thousand more. He knew that even if he wanted to go back, he would need to kill. So het his goals right, to make a difference- to make a change. And his goal? His main goal is to collect all souls of Sanses that exist, he knew that if he was able to absorb those souls, he could return back to normal, back to who he was before all of this happened. It was the only way, anyways. Even if it would take him years, he is willing to do what it takes.

Of course, as much as he would loved to, he wouldn't- he couldn't- forget what had happened before everything else began. Flashing lights, blood, white rooms, a boy- at least, that's what he remembered. He ignored the fact he was glitching as he speak, as he walk, and as he move; he was used to it, but at the same time, he never liked it nor got comfortable about it. Maybe because it was due to the fact it had been a part of his life and emotions?
Funny thing about this glitch is that it reacts to his emotions as if it was a living being itself, except it wasn't; whether he is sad, mad, furious, scared, surprised or flustered, his glitches would grow in various shapes and sizes and sometimes would cause his eyes to go pitch black making him unable to see.

This is why, he requires an immense amount of  balance in his emotions, otherwise it would cause him to go blind- though it was never permanent, it still made him conscious about it, knowing that if he didn't, consequences would follow. He knew when to stop, because if he didn't- let's just say, the outcome isn't exactly favourable.

He entered a portal to a universe called, Underswap, and as suspected, it was the complete opposite of the Classic one. Out of all the AUs he had been to, this universe was the closest to what made him remember what he had done these  past few years- if time even exist, but as of now, it's probably just an illusion.

As much as it hurts, he did not regret a single damn thing of what he did. He didn't want to forget nor did he want to remember, as if it was just something that never bothered him, but deep down, he knew it feels wrong. Just thought made his nose scrunch in disgust. As he did, he felt the breeze of the snow in Snowdin, feeling the coldness drift throughout his bones. He looked at the portal then jumped out of it, causing a crunch beneath him and for snow to dissipate. He looked around and smiled; the universe was as new as it was fresh. (A/N: See what I did there.)

It was a new start- a new beginning for him, making his job much more easier to be and easier to attend to. He had a routine in his mind for universes like this; keeping a check-list in his mind- not quiet literally though- he would usually attack his main target- the one who has control of the timeline and the game. He knew this all too well; he knew this too much to not make a wrong move. He walked towards the human, slowly not trying to start a scene or to startle them at all; but the tables turned on him, the human did turn around.
"Papyrus, I'm sorry. I-" confused, they looked around to find no one standing behind them. Not even a single thing, but the deep footsteps beneath the snow says otherwise. "Paps? I know you're there. Come out now please? I know what I did was wrong, but I really want to make a change" their voice stuttered as they look back and forth cautiously, looking everywhere but behind them. "Hey there, kid!" Error said from behind, holding their shoulders causing them to shudder in fear. They turned around, fighting off the hand in their shoulders and screamed as their soul was wrapped in strings, from the beginning of the their red glowing soul. "Sans?" they asked one last time, trying to not pry away this time, hoping that it was all just a hallucination. "Remember when I said, 'If we were friends, you won't come back'?"  Error grinned as they were extracted from their soul, crushing their soul to bits and pieces; however, their determination was able to keep them alive a bit longer, though not long enough to keep them fully alive. Error cackled, yet he knew he couldn't take that determination away just by crushing it. He summoned up enough magic to destroy the littlest bit of determination left. Of course, any normal magic wouldn't work here. Fortunately for him, his magic is not just mere magic, it was beyond magic. He cackled once more and there were no more RESETS on this AU and it's time to do what should be done.

Chara was the fallen human who was destroyed, but enough of the human. What he needs is a Sans. Not a liar. He went on to destroy the others along his pathway- starting from the bright, warm, yet cold Snowdin; the petty pathways of Waterfall; the hot, scorching roads of Hotland; the chilling, complex land of the Core; until of course, the golden floors of the Judgement hall.

He needed to take the soul of the Sans, but was surprised to see that Swap!Sans was the one he encountered first before the judgement hall. Of course, this universe  had to swap the roles of the characters, not just the attitude. He face-palmed in annoyance and frustration; he looked at the cheery skeleton before him, waving his hands and smiling widely.

"Oh? You're not a human! You look like me, but you're not me; Nevertheless, you must be as good as me, because I know I am!" He spoke with enthusiasm and joy, he even spoke too fast. Error had to take a moment to process what he just seen as well as what he just said.

He stared in schock and suddenly had an array of flashbacks. He looked back to the universe he destroyed before and thought, 'Oh lord, wherever you are. This is much worse than Underlust!' He prayed to nothing then he growled before looking back at the skeleton before him. "Surely, you must be confused because you have yet to see my amazing performance!" He glowed like the sun, burning his eyes to death until they no longer exist. Of course, he didn't have eyes, so that's a great advantage for him.
"You know what?" Error spoke in boredom, with hints of annoyance in them. "Whatever you have to say, my friend-"
"I am not your friend, shitbag," he groaned, crossing his arms.
"Okay, but please don't use such foul language! For positivity is better than-"
"Oh my god!" He grunted, feeling like fire burned in his non-existent ears. "I'm going deaf. Holy shit!" Error murmured.
"Please! Watch the language!"
"What are you? Captain America?"
"Who?"
"Oh for fuck's sake..." Error whispered.

He wasn't only annoyed, no. He was already shitting himself in his pants. He couldn't take it any longer and began to make his move. He wrapped strings in his soul before pulling him towards himself. "Look, shitbag. I don't give nicknames, but if you want to keep yourself alive, better watch that mouth of yours." He warned, boring holes in the other skull.
"You know everyone calls-"
"The fuck did I just say?" He groaned, feeling provoked by the Blueberry look-a-like. The following silence made him shift in his place due to being uncomfortable. "What do they call you?" He questioned the skeleton wrapped in strings; the rest of the strings were already removed from his soul and instead on his physical body instead.
"They call me Blue! I mean, maybe because I look Blue, but sometimes I feel they call me that because of my appearance. Don't get me wrong, I like the color blue, but I don't want them to call me that because of just my color. It made me sad, now I think they call me blue because I'm sad!" He continued ranting. "But sometimes, I feel-"
"Hold the fuck up, I asked for a nickname, not a backstory ya dipshit!"

Blue began to shut his skeletal mouth at the insult and began to curl up into a ball. Error look at him in exasperation before making his way to the judgement hall. It seems like a habit to him more than routine. Exiting at judgement hall. He always wanted to pick fights there, even if he already had what he needed, but unbeknownst to him, he just couldn't bring himself to take the soul of the little ball of sunshine. "Look, I don't say this often, but you have to shut up and I didn't mean to say what I said." He admitted and blushed in embarrassment as he looked away from the little ball. He glitched immensely and started walking again. He hadn't realized he had stopped walking. 

Error!Sans continued to destroy everyone in his way, until, he reached Alphys. Despite Blue's pleas to not hurt anybody, he ignored him and proceed to do what he needed to. "Please... don't hurt them! Just take me and leave them alone!" He heard his cries. Every ounce of his body pleaded his mind to stop, but he just can't help it. It brought him satisfaction, but Blue's cries made strings tug harshly at his heart.
He looked at Alphys cry- whispering a name before she turned to dust and Blue quivered behind him. Her dust spread across the bridge as it left a melted puddle on the ground.

"Why? Why are you doing this?!" Blue asked in terror, quivering under the touch of Error's tight slimy strings. "You can't be this naive. Death comes everyday. People come and people go. It's annoying don't you think? Sometimes to make a balance, you need to take something shitty from the less shitty ones, " Error said, looking at his once again soiled hands, frowning at the thought he just shared with the stranger.

"Don't you have a family? Someone special? A friend? A lover?" Blue cried in desperation to convince Error to stop his genocidal act which made Error glitched once more. His glitches made him blind but he did not let Blue go by what he just said. He tried to look around, hoping to find something that could make his glitches stop, but the more he panicked, the more he got frustrated. "You don't know me. You don't know what I have to go through everyday. You think life is about positive shit? Guess what, Blue? Life is not! Life is shit filled with more shits and you gotta fucking deal with that all the time" Error looked at Blue in annoyance and anger. Screaming words out due to his perplexed emotions. "You just can't trust people because they're nice. People are shits. Monsters are shits. You don't know what's real anymore." He sighed in exhaustion.

"Then maybe- I don't know...You could be one of my Family?" Blue asked, hoping to get this man to side with him. "That's enough, Blue!" Error shouted at him and threw strings unintentionally only to realize he was aiming them to Blue, who was frozen in terror and never again he said a word. The walk was silence once more. None spoke. None begged. Time passed like an illusion, he had reached Undyne's lab. Killing her as he stab her soul leaving dust dissipated across the rooms. 

Killing monsters were easy, he didn't bother to give too much detail on them, but he had to give it to him, Napstaton was a surprise. Enough about robots. He then proceed to the Judgement Hall. "Come out now, Frisk. I know you're there." Papyrus said, leaning against one of the golden pillars facing the windows. He held a cigarette in his left hand, clutching his right hand beside him. Silence once again ensued. Papyrus raised a non-existent brow in confusion. This is the part where they show up?

"You know, I'm disappointed you need to monologue when you can just kill away," Error grinned, coming out from the shadows, as he held Blue behind him- unharmed of course. "You littke shit!" Swap!Papyrus cursed and backed up a little as his left eye flickered an orange aura. "Oh my god! First Error! Now you!?" Blue whispered.

Swap!Papyrus took a few step backs and summoned blasters. "Fucking give him back, ya dipshit!" Swap!Paps grunted in annoyance, but mostly fear. His hands were already engulfed in an orange aura. "How 'bout a turn of events?" Error said as he wrapped more strings around Bluberry to have full control of his body. "Paps! Please Go! I don't want to hurt you." Blue said as he was forced to summon blasters- even Blue knew he was far from that considering he wasn't as advanced nor trained as Paps was. Papyrus could only watch and dodge by teleporting to the side. He couldn't bring himself to hurt Error, knowing that if he did, he'd hurt his brother too.

"But if I leave you! He will hurt you." Paps said as he fires Blaster that barely hit Blue or Error, it was a way of distraction anyways- he didn't intend to hit them. Error could only roll his eyes at that. "Holy shit." Error spoke in sarcasm, breaking the heated tension between them. "This is going down as the most dramatic interaction I have ever seen." He again was amused and spoke in bitterness.

Moments of unsuccessful way of fighting, Blue successfully pinned Papyrus on the floor, making Paps wince in pain and frustration. "Error, please stop!" Blueberry said as he tried to free himself from the miserable position they were all in. For a moment, Error lost it. Blue took this chance to push Paps away.

Though instead of running away from Error, he chose to come closer. "Error... You're only lonely... Please let me help you! Let me be your Friend!" Blue held his hands to hold Error's. Paps was already running to pull Blue away, but he only shove him away to try and catch Error's divided attention.
"You? Me? Friend..." Error could only laugh, he didn't even bother to take his hands away from Blue.
"Are you serious?" He still laughed. Now, both his hands were wrapped around Blue's warmth.
"It's not too late to change, Error, let me be your friend, we could be pals and-" h
He could only laugh then, but when he was insistent, he could only stare in amusement, but mostly shock. He looked down in his hands, wrapped around Blue's own. He slowly removed them, and caressed Blue's frail skull, and whispered words.
"I'm sorry.."

He released from the hold and pinned Paps down on the ground, grunting in exhaustion from putting too much effort. Blue could only stand in shock, neither moving nor blinking. Error raises his hand and summoned blasters. Papyrus could only stop and wait for the impact, put all thougts aside and wish for a reset, but it never happened. He could only hope for the worse, but the impact never came. Silence only ensued.

"I know why... Despite everything... I'm still your brother," Paps then spoke in realization. "You're still Sans. Just not 'my' Sans." Paps attempted to reach a  hand out to cup his face. Error could only stare in bewilderedness. He couldn't move, no. "If my brother believed that you can change, maybe I could help you-"
"Brother, please stop. I know you enough that that's not true." Blue was already walking towards them, hands in his chest. "Everyday you say you're fine, but I know you're not. I'm not naive! I just don't want you to know that it affects me too!" He shouted.

Error stood and stared at the two for a moment. He sighed, looked down and smiled. 'Ah... He is still a Sans afterall. A trait every Sans has. Hiding their pain.' He looked back at Papyrus who looked at his brother in disbelief.

"You know what? Cut the drama bullshit!" Error broke the tension between the brothers and summoned strings to wrap around Blue's waist.  He opened a portal to the anti-void and entered without hesitation "Hey! Wanna play a game? It's called 'Hide-and-Seek' You better count and find us." He grinned and drag Blue along with him as Papyrus attempted to ran after them, "Paps, please for once! Trust me!" Blue look at his brother, not even trying to get out of the strings. "No, please. Take me instead." Papyrus begged, but he was too late. The portal closed before him and the last thing he saw was Blue's smile before everything he had loved was ripped away from his touch. 

(A/N: HEYA! The chapter is kind a weird but whateves. So, if I suck at writing stories, just tell me. And also the drawing at the top is mine and I posted it on Instagram. Thanks for reading)

Edited 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 39.6K 169
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
92.3K 1.8K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
276K 12.5K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
703K 16.7K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...