Worlds Colliding (Pretty Litt...

By heartofice97

It has been a year since Alison DiLaurentis has disappeared, leaving her friends and her family in her wake... More

characters & outfit links
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 3 - To Kill a Mocking Girl
chapter 4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
chapter 5 - Reality Bites Me
chapter 6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
chapter 7 - The Homecoming Hangover
chapter 8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
chapter 9 - The Perfect Storm
chapter 10 - Keep Your Friends Close
chapter 11 - Moments Later
chapter 12 - Salt Meets Wound
chapter 13 - Know Your Frenemies
chapter 14 - Careful What U Wish 4
chapter 15 - If At First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
chapter 16 - Je Suis une Amie
chapter 17 - The New Normal
chapter 18 - The Badass Seed
chapter 19 - A Person of Interest
chapter 20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
chapter 21 - Monsters in the End
chapter 22 - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Bloopers

chapter 2 - The Jenna Thing

1K 23 19
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

Aria: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the barn, Aria, Dakota, Hanna, Spencer, Emily, Madison, Peyton and Lucy were waking up.

"Where's Alison and Pen?" Madison asked.

Lucy walked toward the door. "Pen?"

Pen walked into the barn. "She's gone. I've looked everywhere for her. I think I heard her scream."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Town Square, a newspaper fell to the ground in the autumn, after the summer had ended. There was an article on Alison, with a picture.

STILL MISSING

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the mall, Spencer, Peyton, Hanna and Madison were talking.

Spencer became serious. "Did you see the paper today?"

Madison nodded sadly. "Yeah."

"She's gone, but she's everywhere," Peyton told them.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the bar, Aria and Ezra were sitting together.

"I'd like to know more about you," Ezra told her.

Aria nodded. "I'd like to know more about you, too."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the bar, Ezra and Aria were making out in the bathroom.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Ezra's classroom, students were starting to get settled in their seats.

Aria, Emily and Dakota walked in, trying to find their seats.

"So, I hear the new teacher's really hot," Dakota told them.

They took seats next to each other.

Ezra turned to face the class. He noticed Aria, though she wasn't paying attention. "Holy crap."

Everyone turned to follow his gaze to Aria in confusion.

Aria looked up, noticing Ezra, in shock

Ezra cleared his throat. "Uh, I'm Mr. Fitz. Your new English teacher."

Aria looked at the A text on her phone.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the girls' locker room, Emily opened her locker. She found A's note inside, taking it out, reading it.

Emily: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Somebody left a note in my locker."

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Hastings House, Spencer looked at her A message.

Dakota: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "From A?"

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Peyton's room, Peyton sat at her desk, on her laptop, looking at the A email.

Dakota: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "You too?"

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the police station, Hanna and Madison looked at their A texts.

Dakota: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Do you really think it's her?"

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the McCoy House's kitchen, Dakota looked at her A text.

Dakota: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Is it possible?"

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the church, Madison, Peyton, Lucy and Pen were sitting on their pew.

Lucy looked at the A text.

Emily: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Only Alison could have known."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Pen's hotel room, Pen looked at her A text, shaking her head. "No. Not again."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the Marin House's foyer, Ashley, Hanna and Marin were talking to an officer and Wilden.

"We received a call from Rosewood Mall security," Wilden told her. "They have your daughters on tape."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the mall, Hanna and Madison took the escalator down, walking away past a security guard.

Hanna put the sunglasses that she hadn't paid for on.

Madison was still wearing the scarf that she had put on and never paid for.

Wilden: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Shoplifting a pair of sunglasses and a scarf."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Maya's room, Maya sat on her bed. She took some weed and a lighter out of the box, sitting on her bed. "You want to join me?"

Emily considered for a moment, nodding, walking closer. "Okay."

Emily sat on the bed.

"First time?" Maya asked.

Emily nodded. "Yes."

"So I'm corrupting you," Maya told her. "You okay with that?"

"Yeah," Emily answered. "I am."

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the St. Germain House, Emily and Maya kissed.

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Hasting House, Spencer, Peyton, Melissa and Wren stood nearby the barn.

Peyton: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Meeting Melissa's fiance."

"I'm Wren," Wren told them.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the Hasting House's kitchen, Spencer was wearing a bikini. Wren was wearing swimming trunks.

Wren stood behind her. He began to massage her shoulders.

"That's awesome," Spencer told him.

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Field House, everyone was gathered at the crime scene.

Lucy, Mara, Peyton and Spencer stood outside of their houses with the rest of the crowd of neighbors nearby, watching what was happening.

Emily walked closer. "Guys!"

"Emily," Lucy told her.

They embraced.

Peyton hesitated. "They found Alison."

"I knew she was back," Emily told them. She turned away. "Is she inside?"

"Emily," Mara told her. Emily turned to them. Spencer had tears in her eyes. "They found Alison's body."

Emily was stunned, disconcerted.

They watched the nearby EMTs wheel away the body toward the ambulance.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the church for the funeral, Alison's coffin was on a podium, surrounded by flowers, and a picture of Alison where she was smiling, and looking happy.

In one pew at the front, Lucy, Peyton and Madison were sitting together.

Pen saw them, looking at her friends in relief.

Lucy, Peyton and Madison each stood to embrace Pen one at a time.

"I'm so sorry," Lucy told her.

Pen nodded in understanding in appreciation. "I'm just glad you're all here."

"Of course," Madison told her.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," Peyton told her.

They managed small, sad smiles, each taking their seat.

Aria found Hanna, Spencer, Emily and Dakota in the other pew at the front row, sitting down on the other side of Hanna.

Spencer turned in her seat, whispering. "Oh, my God. It's Jenna."

Everyone was looking at a blind girl named Jenna Marshall and her step-brother Toby Cavanaugh, as he helped her into a pew to sit down.

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the church,

Aria, Hanna, Spencer, Emily and Dakota stood nearby the church fountain.

Madison, Peyton, Pen and Lucy dispersed to go back to their parents and families.

All of their phones started to beep, bubble, buzz, ding or ring. They took out their phones.

From where Madison, Peyton, Pen and Lucy were all standing separately with their families, their phones started to beep, bubble, buzz and ding. They took out their phones, but they had no one around them to where they could talk about it. They were in shock, looking at their texts. They were the same ones that the other five girls had gotten.

Aria, Hanna, Spencer, Emily and Dakota were in shock, looking at their texts.

"Oh, my God," Aria told them.

"It's from..." Hanna trailed off.

"I got one, too," Emily told them.

Dakota read the text aloud. "'I'm still here, bitches'."

Aria, Hanna, Emily, Spencer and Dakota all read the rest of the text together. "'And I know everything. A.'"

The five girls looked at each other uneasily.

Madison, Peyton, Pen and Lucy were still standing separately with their respective families, other than the five girls that were standing together. They looked around uneasily.

The camera shot pulled back, up into the sky, to show all of the girls in one shot, along with their families and the other mourners.

---- -----

Day One

Night - Apple Rosegrille Restaurant

(Song:) Crazy - Katie Herzig

Dakota was working as a waitress and cleanup, looking toward the table where Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer were sitting.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked.

"I guess she's back," Spencer answered.

"The cop acted like us, Pen, Lucy, Madison and Peyton were suspects or something," Hanna told them.

"I didn't think that Pen, Lucy, Madison and Peyton looked guilty," Emily told them. "Do you?"

Dakota walked closer with their drinks, setting them down, standing next to their table instead of sitting with them because she was supposed to be working. "No. They didn't look guilty, because they're not guilty. But imagine how guilty we'll look after another interrogation."

"Why would we?" Aria asked. "We haven't done anything wrong."

"Except lying about The Jenna Thing," Hanna told them.

"We promised we'd never bring up The Jenna Thing again, remember?" Spencer asked. "It never happened."

"Have you found a way to forget?" Aria asked. "I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night."

"It was an accident," Spencer told them.

Dakota poured something from her flask into her own glass, noticing a man nearby watching, smiling sarcastically. "It's medicinal."

"I don't get it," Emily told them. "How does A know something about me that only Alison knew?"

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but..." Aria trailed off. "We never knew any of hers."

"I knew some," Spencer told them.

"Go on," Hanna told her. "Talk."

"I can't," Spencer told them.

"Spence!" Aria told her in a whisper. "No, you are not gonna drop a bomb like that and just clam up."

"She'd so killed me if I told you," Spencer told them.

"She's dead," Dakota told them.

Spencer sighed. "Ali was seeing someone that summer."

"I knew she was keeping something from me," Emily told them. Everyone looked at her. Emily looked between them. "From us."

"Well, why didn't she want us to know?" Aria asked.

"He was an older boy, and he had a girlfriend," Spencer answered.

"Who was it?" Dakota asked.

"She never told me his name," Spencer told them.

Hanna rolled her eyes. "That's only half the secret."

"It's more than you ever got from her," Spencer replied.

"How is it that Ali told us nothing, and we told her everything?" Dakota asked.

"Because she made us feel like we were apart of something special," Emily answered.

"We were," Hanna told them.

"I miss that," Aria told them.

"Me, too," Spencer told them.

"I miss Ali," Emily told them.

"We all do," Dakota told them.

Emily was wearing a beaded friendship bracelet with her name on it.

"I can't believe you still wear that," Hanna told her. "Madison still wears hers."

"So does Lucy," Emily told them.

Spencer smiled a small smile. "Peyton does, too." She let the smile fade. "When Ali didn't come home that night, I knew something terrible must have happened, but there was always some part of me that imagined someday, she'd just show up."

"Yeah, I used to think that maybe she'd just... run off with some guy," Aria told them.

"She was lying on a beach somewhere," Emily told them.

"Or getting a tan out by the pool with that hot lifeguard," Hanna told them.

Dakota smiled. "Oh. Yeah..."

"What was his name?" Aria asked.

"Who cares?" Dakota asked. "'Save me!'" They all chuckled. Dakota slowly returned serious. "We may know next to none of Ali's secrets, but might know of one who's still in town."

"Pen?" Emily asked.

Spencer shook her head. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Yeah, Pen just got through her sister's funeral after thinking she was dead for over a year," Aria told them.

"So we give her some time," Hanna told them. "Pen will tell us when she's ready."

"Pen's gonna stay in town, right?" Dakota asked.

"I don't know," Spencer told them.

They heard the door open, accompanied by the clicking of a walking cane hitting the floor lightly as it led Jenna's way inside.

The girls all silently looked at each other, obviously feeling immense guilt, starting to pack their their things while Dakota picked up their nearly empty glasses, putting them on the tray.

Jenna sat on the counter alone, facing away from them.

Dakota took the glasses to the kitchen.

Aria, Emily, Spencer and Hanna stood from the table.

Dakota walked toward them, now wearing a jacket over her uniform.

---- -----

Outside

The five girls walked outside, looking at each other silently for a moment before heading their separate ways.

Dakota walked ahead of the restaurant toward her car.

Hanna walked down one sidewalk on one side of the restaurant. Aria walked down the other on the other way.

Emily and Spencer walked into the parking, taking a separate route than each other and Dakota.

The girls left the restaurant alone in the night.

---- -----

Opening Credits

(Song:) Secret - The Pierces 

A closeup of Lucy's brown eyes showed her applying mascara to her lashes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Got a secret."

Dakota applied lipgloss to her lips with a small brush.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Can you keep it?"

Spencer fastened her black high heel.

Peyton zipped up her dress.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Swear this one you'll save."

Hanna curled a piece of her blonde hair.

Madison painted her nails pink.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Better lock it."

Aria applied eyeshadow to her eye.

The Pierces: (voice over) "In your pocket."

Pen stood next to Alison's coffin, closing her eyes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Taking this one."

Emily folded Alison's arms over her chest.

The Pierces: (voice over) "To the grave."

Mara, Lucy and Emily closed the coffin.

The Pierces: (voice over) "If I show you then I know you."

The girls were standing around Alison's coffin, all in black funeral dresses.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Won't tell what I said."

There was a closeup of Pen. She put a finger to her lips. "Shh."

The Pierces: (voice over) "'Cause two can keep a secret."

Pen disappeared.

A message appeared in the clouds that had been behind her.

Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)

The Pierces: (voice over) "If one of them is dead."

---- -----

Day Two

Morning - Marin House - Kitchen

Madison was pouring cereal into a bowl for breakfast.

Hanna was pouring coffee into a cup.

Ashley walked in, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

Madison walked toward the fridge, opening it out, taking put the milk, closing the door, walking back toward the kitchen island counter to pour milk into her bowl of cereal. "That's the last of the milk."

Madison threw the carton of milk away.

"It's on the list, Madison," Ashley told her.

Madison started to eat.

Hanna went to check herself out in the mirror.

Madison walked past Ashley to place her bag on the counter, turning to check herself out in the same mirror as Hanna, touching up her makeup.

They heard Wilden on the news. "Although Alison DiLaurentis' body did show signs of blunt force head trauma, the cause of her death was suffocation."

Madison and Hanna were both saddened by this report.

Ashley turned the TV off. She turned to her daughters, sighing. "You okay going to school today?"

"Yeah," Madison answered. "We'll be fine."

"I don't want to think about what the police are saying, and you shouldn't either," Ashley told them. "Try and remember Alison as the beautiful girl you knew."

"I will," Hanna told her.

"I'm really sorry, Mom," Madison told her.

Ashley looked at her in confusion. "For what?"

"The cop," Madison answered.

"It's over," Ashley told them. "Okay? We won't be seeing him again." Madison sighed. Hanna touched up her lipstick. "Is that Amber Rose?"

"Yeah," Hanna answered.

Ashley nodded. "It's a good color on you."

Ashley walked out, leaving.

Madison continued to get ready for school.

Hanna hesitated for a moment, putting her lipstick away, turning to her little sister. "Maddie?"

Madison looked up. "Yeah?"

"Have you, uh... been getting anymore texts like that from the station?" Hanna asked.

Madison looked down at her school bag and purse and books as an excuse not to look at her older sister, shaking her head, continuing to pack up. "No. That was the only time. It was just some stupid joke." Hanna looked at her curiously, not knowing if she was lying or not. Madison looked up. "Why? Did you get anymore?"

Hanna wasn't sure if she should have told the truth or not. She was mostly convinced that Madison hadn't gotten anymore texts, and she didn't want to bring her sister into the mess anymore than just that one time, shaking her head. "No. Like you said. Just some stupid prank. We should really get going."

Madison nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

Madison walked out, leaving.

Hanna hesitated behind her, wondering if she made a mistake, following her out of the house.

---- -----

Montgomery House - Kitchen

Ella and Aria were sitting at the table, eating breakfast.

"I had to look twice to make sure that was Hanna," Ella told her.

"Right?" Aria asked.

"That was some funeral dress," Ella told her. Byron, Mike and Evan walked in, getting ready to leave. "Her mother didn't get that from Curvy Girl."

"Who shops at Curvy Girl?" Byron asked.

"No one, anymore," Ella answered.

Mike and Evan sat at the table with Ella and Aria to get food.

Byron walked toward the counter to get coffee.

"Dad, do you have time for breakfast?" Evan asked.

"No, afraid not, Evan," Byron answered. "I'm probably gonna be late tonight, too."

Aria took a drink of coffee.

Byron walked closer.

"Late nights already?" Mike asked. "We just got here."

"Yeah," Evan agreed. "What's that about?"

"What's it about?" Byron repeated. "Being gone for a year, Evan. Playing catch up. Faculty meetings. Changing my curriculum. Demanding students."

"Maybe your family's demands should come first," Aria told him. Byron knew what she was getting at, giving Aria a look. "I'm gonna be late."

"So are me and Evan," Mike told them.

Aria, Mike and Evan stood. "Love you."

Aria, Mike and Evan walked out together, leaving.

Ella and Byron watched them go.

Ella turned to Byron. "What was that about? You guys were getting along so well when we were away." Byron turned his back to her, packing up his briefcase. "I don't get it."

"Well, you know, they're... they're teenagers, Ella," Byron told her, pulling a bag over his shoulder, looking over his shoulder toward Ella. "Aren't they all moody and unpredictable?"

Byron walked out, leaving.

Ella watched him go curiously.

  ---- -----  

Fields House - Outside

Emily was sitting on a chair on the porch of her house, reading a book.

Lucy was sitting on the porch swing, drinking juice.

Mara walked out of the house toward them, holding a large book in her hands.

Lucy and Emily heard her come outside, looking up to see their older sister. They both chuckled.

Mara sat down beside Lucy. "Lucy, are you okay?" She didn't wait for an answer, shaking her head. "That... was a dumb question. Of course you're not okay."

Mara took Lucy's juice from her to take a sip.

Lucy managed a small smile. "Hey."

"Lucy, you're the one that always says sisters are supposed to share everything," Mara told her.

"Yeah, Lucy," Emily told her. They all chuckled. Mara took a sip of the juice. Emily looked at Mara curiously. "Mara? You look tired."

Mara handed the cup back to Lucy. "I haven't gotten much sleep."

Lucy looked at the book she still had in her hands. "What's that?"

Mara took a deep breath, looking down at the book. "Uh, Maya's mother called early this morning to tell me that she found one of Alison's boxes in the basement. She asked me if I could come take it, and I did. And I found this." She opened the book, revealing page after page of pictures of all of them, revealing it to be a scrapbook. Emily stood from her chair, walking closer to sit on the porch swing on the other side of Mara. "There are pictures of her and Pen and all of you all around that house."

Lucy saw a picture of Mara in the book with Emily and herself, smiling a small smile. "Back when Mara had red streaks in her hair after she turned 21."

"Yeah," Mara agreed.

"I remembered that summer last year, Mara," Emily told her. "You dyed your hair because you were fixing to move out of the house, and you helped Aria put pink streaks in her hair because she liked the red in yours." They chuckled. "Mom was so pissed."

Mara smiled. "But she couldn't do anything about it because I was over 18 and about to move out." She let the smile fade sadly. "I just didn't because of..."

"Because of Alison disappearing," Emily finished sadly. "You didn't want to leave me and Lucy after what happened, Mara."

"No, I didn't," Mara agreed. "I know when my sisters need me."

Lucy and Emily managed small smiles.

Lucy looked at the pictures of Alison and Pen smiling. "She's everywhere. These... the news... the paper... that poster. Pen's still in town. She was going around the last few days to take those posters down because it hurt way too much for her to look at them."

"Is she staying?" Mara asked. "Is Pen staying in town?"

"She's trying to talk her parents into letting her stay, and be near her friends again," Lucy told them. "But Mr. and Mrs. DiLaurentis say that they can't stay here after what happened. So, I don't know if Pen's staying or not."

Mara looked from Lucy to Emily on either side of her sadly, sympathetically. "I am so sorry."

The three sisters embraced.

Pam walked up onto the porch, having just gone for a jog. "Is everything all right?"

Lucy, Mara and Emily looked up at their mother, pulling away.

"Yeah," Mara answered. "Just visiting Memory Lane."

Mara closed the scrapbook.

Pam nodded in understanding. "I just talked to the St. Germains across the street when I got back from my run."

Emily was surprised. "Oh? Are they okay?"

"Yeah," Pam answered. "For the most part." Lucy, Mara and Emily stood, walking closer to their mother. "It's hard for them when their backyard's a crime scene."

"Still?" Lucy asked.

"It's where people come to be close to her, Pen included," Pam told them. "They light candles and leave teddy bears. And, uh, the St. Germains' daughter, Maya..." 

"I know Maya," Emily told them. "I met her when you sent me to give over the welcome basket. We've been hanging out ever since. She's cool."

"Well, she's not able to sleep over in that house because of the people constantly coming and going, and after what they found..." Pam trailed off.

Mara nodded in understanding. "Yeah."

"So, I offered to the family that Maya could stay here for a few days, if it wasn't a problem for them, and if it wasn't a problem for any of you," Pam told them.

Lucy, Mara and Emily were surprised, but they were understanding and open to the idea, nodding. "Oh."

"Okay," Lucy told her.

"Yeah, sure," Mara told her.

"She can stay in my room," Emily told them.

Pam smiled, nodding. "Great. It's all set."

"Yep," Lucy agreed.

Pam walked inside.

Lucy, Mara and Emily exchanged a look, shrugging slightly.

  ---- -----  

The Brew (Cafe)

(Song:) What I Like - Ian Curnow & Jackie James

Dakota was working at yet another job, as opposed to the Apple Rosegrill like the night before, in a barista uniform, making and serving coffees for the early morning run, shaking the drinks up and delivering them to the correct people. She was listening to music through her headphones, nodding to the beat, pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

"Dakota, clean the counters and your tables, and you're good to leave for school," the boss told her.

"Thanks, Noah," Dakota told him, turning around toward the counters, starting to clean.

Emily and Maya walked in.

"Dakota," Emily called.

Dakota looked up, smiling.

Emily and Maya walked closer.

"Hey," Dakota told them.

"You keep working like this, you're gonna work yourself to death," Emily told her.

"Well, I just have a lot of free time on my hands," Dakota told them.

Emily nodded, smirking. "I'm sure." She looked at Maya. "Dakota works here at the Brew in the morning, and the restaurant downtown called the Apple Rosegrill at night, and she's on the varsity swim team with me at Rosewood High."

Maya smiled, looking at Dakota. "Damn, Dakota. I like a girl who can get it."

Dakota chuckled, looking at Emily. "Who's your friend?"

"Dakota, this is Maya," Emily answered.

Dakota looked at Maya knowingly, as if Emily had told her about her. "Oh."

Maya nodded. "Yeah. New girl who moved into dead girl's house." There was an awkward silence. "Can't believe I just said that. I think Brad Pitt and I are missing the same sensitivity chip."

"Yeah, I make a lot of remarks which make me wonder if I have that same problem," Dakota told her. "It's fine. We're all trying to find a way to deal with it."

"Yeah, me, too," Maya told them. "My parents are thinking about moving us out of that house or maybe out of this town after what happened. So, maybe I'll be forever known as the new girl."

Dakota smiled a small smile. "Don't worry. I'm always a new girl, too."

"You move a lot?" Maya asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah," Dakota answered.

"Military family?" Maya asked.

Dakota looked down uncomfortably, shaking her head, looking away. "Can I get you guys anything? My shift's over, but I am willing to work overtime for a couple of friends."

"I'll kill for a latte," Maya told her.

"I need caffeine," Emily told her. "I need a buzz before school starts."

Dakota nodded. "What'll it be?"

(Song Ends)

  ---- -----  

Rosewood High School - Hallway

Ezra was walking through the hallway.

Aria walked toward him, coming down from the other side of the hall. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, of course," Ezra answered.

"I'd like to transfer out of your class," Aria told him.

Ezra looked around the mostly-empty hallway, turning to Aria. "Can you come inside for a minute, please?"

Aria nodded. "Yeah."

They walked toward Ezra's classroom, opening the door.

  ---- -----  

Ezra's Classroom

Ezra and Aria walked in.

Ezra closed the door behind him, turning to Aria. "I understand where you're coming from. I just... wish that you could stay in the class."

"This isn't an easy decision," Aria told him. "But I feel like it's the right thing to do."

"I can keep my feelings in check," Ezra told her. 

Aria shook her head. "I can't. And even if I could, I don't want to. It's too hard to sit in this room every day and call you Mr. Fitz." Ezra looked down, nodding in understanding barely. "Okay? I can't pretend like I don't know you." Ezra looked up, sighing. "So..." Aria took the form from her history book, holding it toward Ezra. "Will you sign it?"

Ezra took the form. "Are you sure?"

Aria really wasn't sure, but she nodded anyway. "Yeah, I'm... I'm sure." Ezra signed the form, handing it to Aria. Aria put the form in her book. "Thank you."

Ezra nodded. "Mm-hmm."

(Song:) Falling for the First Time - Jules Larson

Aria walked past Ezra toward the door, walking out of the classroom, leaving.

  ---- -----  

Hallway

The hallway was now mostly crowded.

Hanna and Mona were standing at the side of the hall.

"Okay, I am all for boob jobs, but when I see those, I want to 'moo'," Mona told her. They both chuckled. Mona looked down the hallway. "I spy a Sean."

Hanna looked over her shoulder, turning to Mona. "I'll see you at lunch."

Mona turned around, walking down the hallway.

Hanna turned in the opposite direction, walking toward Sean Ackard. 

Sean and Hanna took each other's hands in their own, kissing, walking together down the hallway.

Madison was at her locker, putting things inside, closing her locker.

Ben Coogan stood on the other side of her locker, leaning closer to kiss Madison once the door was out of the way.

Madison jumped in surprise.

Ben smiled. "Hey, Madison. What's wrong?"

"You surprised me," Madison answered.

Ben chuckled. "We still on for the movie?"

Madison smiled. "Definitely." She looked past Ben toward Peyton and Lucy. She looked at Ben, smiling a small smile. "I'll see you at gym."

Ben nodded, walking down the hallway.

Madison walked toward Peyton and Lucy. 

"Hey, Madison," Peyton told her. "Have you talked to Pen?"

They heard Pen's voice behind them. "Peyton, would everybody just stop asking about me and turn around so I could hug you guys?"

They turned toward Pen, smiling. 

"Pen!" Lucy told her.

The four girls smiled, embracing for a long moment, pulling away.

"How did you get your mom and dad agree to stay here in Rosewood?" Peyton asked.

"I didn't, officially," Pen answered. "We're staying at a hotel on Main for now. They said it's the best they can do until we can make anything official."

"I'm just glad you're back," Lucy told her.

"We all are," Peyton told her.

"Hey, um... you wanna come by my house later tonight?" Lucy asked. "Mara found a scrapbook from your old house. She wants to know if you wanna take it."

Pen considered, nodding. "Yeah, I'll check it out. Thanks, Lucy. Looks like I gotta thank Mara, too."

"Yeah, because Mara's awesome," Madison told them.

"You can say that again, Madison," Peyton told her. "I love Mara."

"We all love Mara, Peyton," Pen told her.

Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison smiled.

Aria, Emily, Dakota, Spencer and Hanna were standing at the side of the hallway at Spencer's open locker, seeing that the four girls were together down the hall, smiling small smiles.

(Song Ends)

Woman: (on PA) "Will the following students please come to the office? Penelope DiLaurentis, Lucy Fields, Peyton Hastings, and Madison Marin."

All the other students walked into class, including Aria, Emily, Dakota, Spencer and Hanna, who already seemed to know why the four girls were being called to the principle's office.

Pen's phone beeped. She took it out, looking at the text, slowly stopping in walking. 

Dead girls walking...

--A

Lucy, Peyton and Madison stopped walking, turning back.

"Pen?" Peyton asked.

"You okay?" Madison asked.

Pen looked up, nodding, putting her phone away. "Yeah. Let's go."

Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison walked down the hallway.

  ---- / -----  

Principle's Office

Madison, Pen, Peyton and Lucy were sitting on the couch.

Wilden was pacing in front of them, questioning them, flipping through a file, sighing. "So, let's see." He pointed at Pen. "You thought you heard her scream."

Pen nodded uncomfortably. "I--I said that, yeah."

Wilden looked at Madison, Peyton and Lucy. "And when you three woke up, along with the other girls I've already questioned, in the barn, Alison was gone, and so was Penelope."

"Pen," Pen corrected.

Wilden rolled his eyes, nodding. "Pen."

"Yes, I woke up before them, and I realized that Ali was missing, so..." Pen trailed off.

Wilden walked toward the desk, sitting down. "So you went looking for her."

"Yeah," Pen answered. "I found that my sister wasn't there, so I went looking for her."

Wilden nodded. "I got that. So, what's up? Was this a slumber party, or..."

"Is this an interrogation?" Peyton asked.

Wilden shook his head. "No, just a routine follow-up."

"Spencer, Hanna, Aria, Alison, Emily and Dakota invited us to sleep in the barn with them because we were just about finished with middle school," Lucy told him. "They wanted us to celebrate that we were starting freshman year this year."

"So, why did you guys all fall asleep?" Wilden asked.

Madison shrugged, her voice sounding like she was about to say 'duh'. "I guess we were tired."

Wilden tilted his head skeptically. "Tired? Really, Madison? Is that how you remember it, Peyton?"

Peyton nodded. "Yeah."

Wilden nodded. "Yeah, you guys were tired."

"Look, we've told you everything we know, just like we did the night she went missing," Peyton told him. 

"I know, I know," Wilden told them. "And you see, the thing is, it's almost exactly like what Dakota, Aria, Hanna, Spencer and Emily said this time, and what you all said last year. Almost like it was rehearsed."

"Like Peyton said, we've told you everything we know," Pen told him. "And I'd really rather not go over the details of my sister's disappearance all over again, so are we free to go?"

Wilden wasn't happy.

  ---- -----  

Cafeteria

Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota were sitting at their lunch table.

"What do you think Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison saying to him?" Aria asked. "Do you think that he knows that we're all lying?"

"Lying is not a crime," Hanna told them.

"It is when you're giving false statements to the police," Spencer told them. "It's called obstruction of justice."

"Oh, please," Dakota told them. "We were up all night drinking, and we got Pen, Madison, Lucy and Peyton, that were almost out of middle school, drunk. The truth that matters is that we don't know anything about what happened to Ali that night, and neither do they."

"Dakota, we also knew of someone who might have wanted to hurt her," Spencer told her.

"Yeah, well, but Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison don't know that, so they can't spill the beans," Hanna told them.

"We should have told the police the truth about Jenna's accident the night it happened," Emily told them.

"I wanted to," Hanna told them. "Remember?"

"But we had a chance to do more than tell the truth," Aria told them. "We had a chance to stop Ali."

"But we didn't," Spencer told them. "And telling the police now about what happened to Jenna isn't gonna make her see again. It'll just ruin our lives. And maybe Pen, Madison, Lucy and Peyton's lives, too."

They heard the walking blind cane against the tiled floor.

Dakota looked over her shoulder toward where Jenna was holding a tray and feeling around with the cane along the floor so she didn't bump into anyone or anything. "Oh, my God. She's back in school, too?"

Aria stood, walking toward her. "Jenna. Hey, it's Aria. Do you wanna come sit with us?"

Dakota let her mouth hang open slightly in surprise, but didn't object.

"Sure," Jenna answered.

"Okay," Aria told her.

"Thank you," Jenna told her.

Aria had took her tray, letting Jenna hold her shoulder, leading Aria toward their table. "So, you're gonna be in between me and Dakota. Hanna's on the other side of Dakota, Emily's on the other side of Dakota, and Spencer's right across from you."

Aria set the tray down.

"Thank you," Jenna told them.

"Yeah, and here's a chair," Aria told her.

Jenna sat down. "So, this would be Alison's chair, right?"

"No," Emily answered. "We're not even sitting at that table."

Pen, Lucy, Madison and Peyton walked toward the table next to them to sit down with their trays, surprised that Jenna was sitting with them, sitting at the table next to them.

"Oh, and, uh, Pen, Peyton, Madison and Lucy just got to the table next to us," Spencer told her.

"Good," Jenna told them. "You know, Alison came to visit me in the hospital after the accident."

All the girls were surprised.

"She did?" Pen asked.

"Mm-hmm," Jenna answered. "Everyone misunderstood Alison, but I knew exactly who she was."

"When did you get back, Jenna?" Madison asked. "We heard that you were in Philadelphia at a school for the... visually impaired."

"You can say blind, Madison," Jenna told her. "It's okay. It's not a dirty word." She smiled a small smile. All the girls remained silent. "Wow. It's so quiet. You guys are supposed to be the fun crowd. What happened to you girls?"

Jenna chuckled.

Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota were remembering what had happened the night that Jenna had lost her sight.

  ---- -----  

Flashback 1

Night - McCoy House -  Dakota's Room

(Song:) Avalanche - Josephine

Aria, Dakota, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Alison were having a good time, trying on clothes and looking at their outfits.

Aria looked at Dakota. "Okay, wait, take that."

Dakota tossed her the shirt she was holding, taking a black blouse from Aria, hugging it up to her shoulders teasingly.

Alison put on a floral shirt, looking into the mirror.

"That's really hot, Ali," Emily told her.

(Song Ends)

Alison smiled. She saw something in the reflection of the mirror, her smile vanishing, walking closer to the window. "I see you!" She turned to the other girls. "Oh, my God. I can't believe it."

"What is it, Ali?" Emily asked. "What did you see?"

"He was in that tree spying on us," Alison told them. "I am so creeped out."

"Well, who was it?" Dakota asked.

Alison scoffed. "It was that perv, Toby Cavanaugh. He's been spying on all of us for months. I just never thought he would come down here to your house, Dakota. He was right there. I bet he saw us all naked."

"Well, should we tell someone?" Aria asked.

"Maybe we could," Alison told them. She smirked. "But I have a better idea."

  ---- -----  

Outside

Fireworks were exploding into the night sky.

  ---- ----- 

Cavanaugh House - Outside 

Spencer, Emily, Dakota, Alison and Aria were sneaking up to the house.

"Are we sure he's not in there?" Aria asked.

"He's not," Alison told them.

"Okay," Aria told them.

"You've got the lighter, right, Dakota?" Alison asked.

Dakota nodded.

"Let's wait a second," Emily told them.

Alison turned to face her. "What, Emily?"

"I don't wanna do this," Emily answered.

"Fine," Alison told her. "Go back. You're on your own."

"Okay, maybe Emily's right," Aria told them. "We should just call the cops. They'll take him in, they'll take care of it."

"Where's the fun in that?" Alison asked. "Girls, Toby Cavanaugh is a freak. And we need to teach him a lesson. If he thinks that he can come and spy on us while we're in your bedroom, Dakota, he needs to know that his little domain is no longer a safe little hideout. I mean, who knows what he does in there all day, the little freak?"

"Are you sure that it was Toby?" Spencer asked.

Alison gave them all a look. "Yes! And it's a stink bomb for God's sake. We're not nuking the place. Now let's do it." She walked toward the garage door, looking at Dakota. "Give me the lighter." Dakota hesitated, not as into this as Alison was, more like the other girls, taking out her lighter out of her pocket. Alison took it before Dakota could change her mind, lighting the stink bomb, opening the door, throwing it in, closing the door. "Let's get out of here. Run!"

The girls ran away from the house, into the driveway.

The "stink bomb" exploded, making them all gasp and turn back to the house, watching as flames erupted from the window.

"Ali, what did you do?" Dakota asked incredulously.

"We have to get out of here," Emily told them.

"Come on," Spencer told them.

"Let's go," Hanna told them.

The six girls turned around, running away, leaving.

  ---- -----  

Now

Day - Rosewood High School - Cafeteria

Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna, Dakota and Jenna were still sitting at their table.

Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison were sitting at the table next to them.

Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota were guilt-ridden, self-loathing for that night. Their phones started to beep, bubble, buzz, ding or ring. 

Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison looked unnerved by the sounds.

"Aren't you guys gonna get that?" Madison asked.

Aria, Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Dakota slowly took out their phones to read the text from A.

If only they knew the reason why you look so guilty.

--A

The five girls knew that the text meant that A was in the lunch room, looking around in confusion, trying to find clues as to who sent them these texts, but there were too many students on their phones to tell.

  ---- / -----  

Ezra's Classroom

The class had taken their seats.

Dakota looked around for Aria.

The bell rang.

Mona walked in, on her phone, looking around. "Am I late?"

"It's Mona, right?" Ezra asked.

"That's right, Mr. Fritz," Mona answered. The class chuckled. "What?"

"Take a seat, Mona, please," Ezra told her. 

Mona took her seat next to Hanna.

Hanna leaned closer to whisper to her. "It's 'Fitz', not 'Fritz'."

Mona chuckled. "Oops."

They smiled.

Ezra started the lecture, passing out papers. "If the mockingbird represents the idea of innocence, what characters are innocent. Take a second, jot down your ideas. We'll discuss."

All the students did as told, focusing on their work.

Ezra walked toward his desk.

Aria walked in, setting her form on the desk, walking toward her seat.

Ezra looked at the form to see that it had been declined. He picked it up in confusion, looking toward Aria.

(Song:) Jack N Jill - Katie Herzig 

Aria opened her book, not knowing how to react to having to remain in his class while seeing him.

Ezra and Aria looked at each other from across the class while everyone was distracted by their work, looking slightly relieved that they would still see each other every day, but knowing the complications it would bring.

  ---- -----  

Night - Marin House - Kitchen

The kitchen table was cluttered with homework and study materials.

Hanna and Sean were doing homework. 

Hanna looked at Sean, smiling a small smile, standing, walking toward the fridge, opening the door, taking out a soda can, opening it, walking toward the table, filling up Sean's glass again. 

Sean smiled. "Thanks." Hanna stood behind Sean, kissing along his neck. Sean smiled. "Hanna."

"What?" Hanna asked.

"It's too hard to stop if we go there," Sean told her. 

"Oh, come on, Sean," Hanna told him. "It's just us two. It's okay."

Hanna kissed him sensually, reaching down below the table.

Sean pulled away. "Come on, Hanna, I..."

(Song Ends)

Hanna gave up, taking her seat again, annoyed and hurt. "You do like me like that, right?"

"Yes," Sean answered.

"I mean, maybe you..." Hanna trailed off. "Still think of me as just a friend, the girl I used to be."

Sean brushed back Hanna's hair, leaning closer to kiss her more slowly and sweetly, placing a hand on her cheek, pulling away, smiling. "Do you kiss your friends like that?"

Hanna smiled. "No."

"Look, I like the girl you used to be, just like I like the girl you are now," Sean told her.

"Is this waiting thing something you really want, or is it because of your dad?" Hanna asked.

"No, it's me," Sean answered. "It's... it's my choice." They hear the front door open and indistinct talking, returning to homework. Ashley walked in, on the phone. "Hi, Mrs. Marin."

Sean cleared his throat.

Ashley walked toward the counter, speaking into her phone. "We'll submit the loan docs in the morning. Okay. Great. Thanks." She hung up, looking at Hanna and Sean. "Hi. How's the studying going?"

"Fine," Hanna answered.

Ashley took a bottle of water from the fridge, standing at the island counter. "Sean... please tell your dad we really have been trying to make it to church, but I've been working on the weekends, and it's..."

"Oh, yeah, no," Sean told her. "I'll let him know, Mrs. Marin. But it's okay. I mean, he understands. He works on the weekends, too."

Hanna smiled at his joke.

Madison walked in.

"Madison, where have you been?" Ashley asked.

"Oh, I went over to Lucy, Mara and Emily's house," Madison answered, taking off her jacket. "Lucy called me, Pen and Peyton over so she could show us a scrapbook of Alison's that Mara was given by the new people in the DiLaurentis house."

"Pen's still in town?" Ashley asked.

"I mean, she kinda has to be right now, for the followup questionings with the police about Alison's murder," Madison told them sadly.

Ashley nodded in understanding, sighing in sympathy. "I wish that poor girl could get a break."

The doorbell rang.

Ashley walked out of the kitchen to get the door.

Hanna looked at Sean, smiling. "Cute preacher humor."

Sean smirked, tilting his head barely.

Madison placed her jacket down on the nearby table. "Hey, Sean."

"Hey, Madison," Sean told her.

Ashley walked in. "Look who stopped by."

Madison turned around to see.

Wilden walked in with a bag of takeout food. "I brought Thai takeout."

Hanna and Madison were very unhappy to see Wilden back in their home.

Ashley whispered to Hanna. "It's time for Sean to leave." She walked toward Wilden. "Let's eat in the dining room."

Hanna and Madison exchanged a disgusted, exasperated, annoyed look.

  ---- -----  

Apple Rosegrill

(Song:) After All - Ben Rector

Peyton and her father Peter were sitting at their table, having dinner.

"I decided on the class I want to take at Hollis," Peyton told him. "But it's not for credit, it's for fun."

Peter chuckled. "What's the point of that?" Peyton rolled her eyes. "Your mom's coming back from the lake house. She'll be home tomorrow."

Dakota was across the restaurant at the counter, working.

Spencer was standing and talking with Dakota.

Peyton stood, walking toward them. "Hey, Dakota."

"Hey, Peyton," Dakota told her.

Spencer sighed. "Peyton, I was just about to come back over there."

"How weird was that lunch?" Dakota asked.

"I'd say on a scale from one to ten... eleven," Peyton answered.

Spencer nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

Wren and Melissa walked in toward the table where Peyton and Peter were still sitting.

"Is that the new fiance?" Dakota asked.

"Yeah," Spencer answered.

"Is he as uptight as Melissa?" Dakota asked.

"No one's as uptight as Melissa, Dakota," Peyton answered. They chuckled. Peyton sighed. "Do you think that cop knows you guys got us drunk the night Ali disappeared?"

"No," Dakota answered. "No, you're good."

"All right, Dakota," Spencer told her. "Peyton and I better get back."

"And I'll be your server," Dakota told them.

"Awkward," Peyton told them.

Dakota chuckled. "Yeah." Spencer and Peyton walked toward the table, sitting down with Wren, Melissa and Peter. Dakota walked closer with menus. "Can I get anyone a drink?"

"I'll have a vodka soda," Peyton told her.

Peter and Melissa gave Peyton a look.

Dakota pressed her lips over a smirk.

"She's kidding," Spencer told them. "Although, that does sound good."

Peter looked at Dakota. "I'm gonna have a glass of the house cab. Melissa?"

"The same as my father," Melissa answered.

"I actually will have a vodka soda," Wren told her.

Dakota smirked, nodding. "I'll be right back."

Dakota walked away.

Spencer and Peyton exchanged a look.

(Song Ends)

  ---- -----  

Fields House - Emily's Room

Emily and Maya were in the room, talking.

"So, I get your connection to Dakota," Maya told her. "You're both on the swim team. And the thing you two have in common with Spencer is that you all like to win, and you all work too hard."

"For different things and reasons, but yeah," Emily told her. "Winning's great, but if I've done my best, I usually feel good about the outcome, no matter what it is."

"And Dakota?" Maya asked.

"Dakota does it for fun," Emily told her. "You know, she works so hard at the Brew and the Grille, that she just has time to blow off steam on the swim team. It relaxes her, I guess. She doesn't do it to win or lose. She just does it for herself."

"What about Spencer?" Maya asked.

"Spencer needs to win," Emily answered.

Maya noticed a picture of Hanna, Spencer, Alison, Aria, Emily and Dakota on the nearby table, picking it up. "Alison was always in the middle. The center of attention."

"Have you ever known anyone like that?" Emily asked.

Maya put the picture down. "I usually run from those girls. They scare me." She looked around at the other pictures of Pen, Peyton, Madison and Lucy. "But Pen, Madison, Lucy and Peyton... they're always changing it up. It's never one girl that's in the center, is it?"

"No," Emily answered. "Pen, Madison, Lucy and Peyton are always fair to each other, and they like to share the spotlight. Pen wasn't much like her sister Alison, but she was enough to know how to keep a secret." Maya sat on Emily's bed. "But you seem like a person who wouldn't run from anyone."

"Do you have a side?" Maya asked.

"Sorry?" Emily asked.

"Of the bed?" Maya asked.

Emily shook her head. "I kind of sleep in the middle."

Maya laid on the bed, propping her head up on her hand. "I, um, kind of sleep in the middle, too."

They smiled.

  ---- -----  

Apple Rosegrille

(Song:) Remember - Kari Kimmel 

Dakota had returned to the Hastings table to deliver their drinks, setting down Melissa's drink.

Melissa smiled. "Hi/low, anyone?"

Dakota set down Peter's drink.

"Hi/low?" Wren repeated.

Dakota set down Peyton's drink.

"It's a game," Spencer told him.

Dakota set down Spencer's drink.

"You guys don't play it in bed?" Peyton asked.

Dakota smirked, placing down Wren's drink.

Peter gave Peyton a look. "Wren, you can play, too."

Dakota gave Spencer and Peyton a 'good luck' look, walking away, leaving.

Spencer and Peyton sighed.

"I'm a bit lost," Wren admitted.

"You'll catch on," Peter told him.

"I'll go first," Melissa told them. She looked at Peter. "We just started our first week of class, and I've already been nominated to serve on the business school's leadership committee." 

Spencer took a drink of her water, but it clearly wasn't water from the look on her face. 

Peyton saw her reaction, looking at her in confusion. 

Peter looked at Wren. "Melissa likes to play the game when she's fairly certain she'll win."

Spencer motioned to her glass with her eyes, whispering to Peyton. "Dakota."

Melissa chuckled, looking at Peter. "Guess who I learned that from?"

Peyton slowly took a sip of her own glass of 'water', finding that it wasn't water, either. 

"Don't go tasting victory just yet," Peter told her.

Spencer and Peyton looked at each other, realizing that Dakota had given them vodka soda, whispering. "Dakota."

Peter continued their game. "The judge ruled on my brief today, and the class action suit against Winslow has been dismissed."

Melissa smiled. "Oh."

Spencer and Peyton looked across the restaurant where Dakota was cleaning a table.

Dakota looked toward them, smirking deviously.

"If I don't play, do I still get another drink?" Wren asked.

Melissa smiled, taking a drink of wine.

Spencer, Peyton and Dakota were still looking at each other, smiling.

"Peyton, you're up," Peter told her.

Peyton's attention was brought back to the table. "Oh, um... the family living in the old DiLaurentis house found an old scrapbook of Alison's last night, and they gave it to Mara this morning. Mara then gave it to Lucy. Lucy then called me, Madison and Pen over to her house so we could all see what was left of the good memories of that summer." Peter smiled a small smile. Melissa looked down, not at all thrilled by the mention of Alison. Peyton was eager to change turns. "Spencer?"

Spencer was startled. "Um..."

Peyton awkwardly continued to drink her vodka soda.

Dakota saw her, smiling, shaking her head.

"I'll go," Wren told them. "I got a brilliant parking spot today, right in front of the chem lab."

Wren and Spencer exchanged a look, chuckling.

Melissa looked at Peter. "He's just kidding."

They smiled awkwardly.

(Song Ends)

  ---- -----  

Fields House - Emily's Room

Emily and Maya were lying in bed.

Maya was sound asleep.

Emily was wide awake. She couldn't seem to get to sleep, looking at Maya for a moment, turning onto her side, her back to Maya.

Maya turned onto her side, facing Emily, putting a hand on her waist.

Emily seemed confused and conflicted, slowly placing a hand on Maya's over her waist, trying to go to sleep.

Her phone beeped, from across the room on her dresser.

Emily slowly, carefully sat up, getting off the bed without waking Maya, grabbing her phone to read the text from A.

Did you get a goodnight kiss? Here's one from me. xo...

--A

Emily lowered her phone, seemingly in shock.

  ---- / -----  

Day Three

Morning - Marin House - Kitchen

Hanna and Madison walked in, getting ready for school.

Ashley was making breakfast.

"You're cooking?" Hanna asked.

They heard Wilden's voice. "Morning." Hanna and Madison looked toward where Wilden was sitting at the table with paperwork spread in front of him. Wilden looked at Ashley. "Over easy, okay?"

Ashley still had her back turned to him, forcing herself to smile, turning to look at Wilden. "Of course."

Ashley turned back to the stove to cook, looking at Hanna and Madison.

Hanna and Madison gave her a look, confused as to why Wilden was still there.

Ashley shook her head, cracking open another egg, pouring the contents into the frying pan.

They heard a car's horn outside.

"That's Ben," Madison told them. "I'm gone."

Madison walked out, leaving.

Hanna gave Ashley a look, turning around, walking away.

  ---- -----  

Rosewood High School - Outside - Ben's Car

(Song:) 2012 - Evolove

Ben was driving, pulling over in the parking lot.

Madison was in the passenger seat, complaining about her mother's affair. "And he's just constantly over, and he never goes away. It's like every time I turn around, he's always there, questioning me, almost like he's threatening."

"Madison, who is this guy again?" Ben asked.

Madison shook her head, looking away. "You don't want to know."

"I don't wanna know?" Ben repeated in amusement. "Madison, this guy is giving you serious creeps, and I don't even get to know who he is?"

Madison shook her head. "Nope."

"So, you're always gonna make me work for everything, aren't you, Madison?" Ben asked.

Madison shrugged. "Better than handing it over easily." She looked at Ben, smirking. "But this I'll hand over for free."

Ben smirked. Madison leaned closer to kiss him heatedly. They continued to make out.

  ---- -----  

Outside

Ben's friends, jocks, stood outside Ben's car, seeing that Madison and Ben were kissing heatedly, banging on the hood of the car to take up Ben to his 'manhood'.

"Get a room, Ben!" a boy told him. "And rock it!"

One of the boys was filming them on their phone.

Madison rolled her eyes, getting out of the car.

"Looking good, Madison," a boy called. Lucy, Pen and Peyton walked closer. "You looking good, too, Pen. And Peyton. And Lucy."

"I'm sorry," Peyton told him sarcastically. "Are you talking to us?" 

The boys smiled. 

Lucy, Madison, Pen and Peyton walked away from the boys toward the school.

Pen looked at Madison. "Madison? You okay?"

"I was up until the stupid jocks crashed the party," Madison answered.

"Madison, I never thought of you as someone who'd be so comfortable with PDA," Lucy told her.

Madison smiled. "Maybe I'm not the person everyone thinks I am, Lucy."

"Who is?" Pen asked.

Madison and Pen met up with Lucy and Peyton on either side of them. The four girls walked up the school steps toward the school, inside.

(Song Ends)

  ---- -----  

Movie Theater - Outside

Aria was standing alone.

Ezra walked closer. "Aria."

Aria smiled, putting on pretenses for the people passing by. "Mr. Fitz. Hi." Ella walked up behind Aria. "This is my mom, Ella."

"Oh, Mr. Fitz," Ella told him. "The new English teacher."

Ezra shook Ella's hand. "Yes. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Montgomery."

"Oh, please, call me Ella," Ella told him. "We're a very informal family."

Ezra nodded in understanding. "Ah."

Aria scratched her head awkwardly, looking away.

"Are you going to see the movie?" Ella asked.

"Yes, I am," Ezra answered. "It's one of my favorites."

"Oh, Aria's too," Ella told him. "She's told us a lot about you." She looked at Aria. "Although, you forgot to mention the 'he's very young' part."

"Well..." Aria trailed off.

"I just..." Ezra trailed off.

"We should get going," Aria told them. "The movie's starting."

Ella nodded. "We'll see you inside." Aria and Ella walked toward the door. "And you forgot to mention the 'really cute' part."

  ---- ----- 

Inside - Theater 

Aria and Ella were seated, drinking soda and eating popcorn, getting ready to watch 'It Happened One Night'.

Ezra walked in with a small soda, walking past them.

"Mr. Fitz," Ella told him. "Why don't you come sit with us?"

Aria and Ezra were both surprised.

"Uh... yeah," Ezra told them. "Yeah, okay." He stepped past Aria and Ezra to take a seat on the other side of Aria. "Excuse me." Ezra sat down. He and Aria both wanted to take each other's hands, but couldn't do so in Ella's presence. Ella offered the popcorn to Ezra. Ezra shook his head. "I'm fine. Thank you."

They watched the movie.

  ---- -----  

Fields House - Emily's Room

Emily and Lucy were sitting on the window seat, looking at a slideshow of the pictures from the scrapbook on Lucy's laptop.

"Lucy, Pen just uploaded all these so you could do this?" Emily asked.

"Yeah," Lucy answered. "She took the scrapbook, but this is the next best thing."

Emily smiled.

Mara walked in, dumping laundry onto the bed, turning to them. "Well, I'm glad you liked it, Lucy."

Lucy smiled. "Yes, thank you, Mara."

Emily looked down sadly.

Mara noticed that she was confused and conflicted, but took it as upset, walking closer. "Emily? Are you all right?" Emily didn't answer, looking down. Mara sat next to them on the window seat. "It's all gonna be okay. I promise you. Everything's gonna get back to normal."

"I don't know what normal feels like anymore, Mara," Emily told her.

Mara looked at them sadly. "You've been missing her for a whole year. And Pen for just as long. You know, that's a lot to take on. But Pen's back now. You have one of your friends back."

Lucy nodded in agreement, looking down.

"It's not just that, Mara," Emily told her. Mara and Lucy looked at her curiously. "I think there's something wrong with me."

"Emily, there's nothing wrong with you," Mara told her. "You lost one of your best friends. You need to find a way to say goodbye. What about reaching out to the other girls? Have you talked to them? Have you told them how you feel?"

"Mara, in some ways, finding out Ali is really gone has brought us back together, especially with Pen back in town," Lucy told her. "But it's still not what it used to be."

Emily sighed. "We were friends because of Ali, Mara."

"Then use her to get close again," Mara told them. "You guys need to find a way to say goodbye together." She looked at Emily. "Not just you, Spencer, Dakota, Aria and Hanna, Emily. But Lucy, Madison and Peyton, too. Because Pen needs to find a way to say goodbye to her sister, too."

Emily and Lucy took this seriously, nodding. "Thanks, Mara."

  ---- -----  

Hastings House - Spencer's Room

Spencer was lying on her bed, on her laptop, studying.

Wren was in the hallway, coming to a stop when he was nearby her door with a laundry basket. He hesitated, leaning against the doorway. "Still having trouble with that bursa sac?"

Spencer looked up, smiling. "I can't take you seriously when you say bursa sac."

"Shall I give you another rub?" Wren asked, placing down the basket.

"No, that's... that's okay," Spencer told him.

"Yeah, it's late," Wren told her.

"Well, it's really for me," Spencer told him, sitting up, turning to face him. "I have a history test on Monday and a paper due in Latin."

Wren smirked. "Ascendo tuun."

Spencer gave him an amused look. "Do you know what you just said to me?"

Wren nodded. "Think so. Uh... 'up yours'?"

Spencer laughed, nodding. "Yeah. Okay."

"That's the only Latin I remember," Wren told her. "Can I help with anything?"

"What, with your extensive knowledge of the language?" Spencer asked sarcastically, standing, walking around the bed.

Wren chuckled. "Yeah." Spencer walked toward her shelf, grabbing a book. Wren walked closer. "You know, I didn't grow up in a family like yours, so I don't now that kind of pressure, but I can imagine it could be unbearable at times."

"Well, you're not exactly a slouch, Mr. Oxford," Spencer told him. "I mean, that drive had to come from somewhere."

Wren nodded. "Yeah. It came from me. My life has been my choice."

"Well, you're lucky," Spencer told him.

Wren nodded.

Spencer looked down, seemingly sad that her life as a Hastings seemed to be decided for her.

"I'm sorry," Wren told her. "I'm being intrusive."

Spencer looked up, shaking her head. "No, no. You're being nice."

Wren walked closer, taking a book from the desk behind Spencer. "Gehry said that the 'hat trick' chair was inspired by an apple crate."

"I didn't realize that you were into design," Spencer told him.

"Yeah," Wren told her. "And I appreciate beauty."

Wren and Spencer looked at each other for a moment, starting to kiss, dropping the books in their hands.

  ---- -----  

Hallway

Peyton was walking up the stairs, taking off her jacket like she had just gotten home, listening to music through headphones, dancing around mildly because no one was watching. She was about to enter her room when she looked down the hallway to see Wren and Spencer making out, stopping in shock.

Melissa walked up the stairs with a laundry basket. "Peyton, this is yours."

Peyton was worried about what Melissa would do, turning to face her, standing in the way of the view of down the hallway, whispering. "Melissa."

Melissa mockingly whispered back. "Peyton. Why are you whispering?"

Peyton shook her head, still whispering. "No reason."

Melissa looked down the hallway, but Peyton stood in her way. "What did you see?"

"Nothing," Peyton told her.

Melissa pushed past her. "Peyton--" Peyton turned after Melissa. Melissa saw Spencer and Wren kissing, freezing. Peyton looked at her, not knowing how to process. "Peyton..."

Melissa dropped the laundry basket, running down the stairs.

Peyton sighed, putting her hand her forehead in frustration.

  ---- -----  

Spencer's Room

Wren and Spencer was still making out.

Spencer pulled away. "Stop, stop. We can't... you can't do this. It's not right."

Wren backed away, turning toward the door.

  ---- -----  

Hallway

Wren walked down a side hallway away from Spencer's room without seeing Peyton, leaving.

Spencer walked out of her room, stopping at the doorway. "Wren..." 

Spencer stopped when she saw Peyton down the hallway in front of her, knowing that she had seen them.

Peyton turned to look down the stairs where Melissa had taken off.

  ---- / -----  

Day Four

Morning - Hastings House - Peyton's Room

Peyton was lying in bed, sleeping in her pajamas underneath the sheets. 

The sound of something banging outside woke her up.

Peyton stood, walking toward the window, looking outside to see Wren carrying his things out of the barn. She knew that he was kicked out for kissing Spencer, completely unsurprised.

  ---- -----  

Parking Lot

Hanna and Madison had just gotten done shopping, walking toward their car.

"Madison, so we're sure those Maddens go with the dress?" Hanna asked.

"Totally," Madison answered.

"And we love the necklace?" Hanna asked.

Madison smiled. "We adore it."

They saw Wilden down the way, coming to a stop.

Madison was clearly creeped out.

"Relax, Madison," Hanna told her. "We actually paid for everything."

"I don't think that's why he's here," Madison told her.

Wilden walked toward them.

"Are you spying on us?" Hanna asked incredulously.

"Just doing my job," Wilden told them.

"Look, I'll pay for the scarf, and Hanna will pay for the sunglasses," Madison told him. "We'll pick up trash on the highway. We'll do whatever it takes, but I want you to leave our mother alone."

"You see, Hanna, Madison, the thing is, I don't care if all of you girls were drinking the night Alison went missing," Wilden told them. "What I care about is you, Pen, Aria, Dakota, Spencer, Peyton, Emily and Lucy knowing who killed her."

"What?" Madison asked incredulously.

"Your mom may be hot, but she's not hot enough to make that go away," Wilden told them.

Hanna and Madison were completely stunned and confused to why Wilden thought they knew who had killed Alison.

  ---- -----  

Rosewood High School - Principal's Office

Pen was sitting the desk, across from the principal.

Principal Tamborelli sat in his chair. "Here's the thing, Pen. Your parents have signed all of your transcripts and immunizations records to transfer you back to Rosewood High."

"I know that, otherwise I wouldn't have been here the last couple of days," Pen told him.

"The thing is, they're not planning on staying in Rosewood for long," Tamborelli told her.

Pen looked down. "I know. I have someone I can stay with."

"Who is that?" Tamborelli asked.

Pen looked up. "My brother. Jason."

  ---- -----  

Hallway

Pen walked out of the office. Her phone beeped. She sighed, taking the phone out to look at the text from A.

It's official! Welcome back, Pen! Looks like you're not going anywhere. xo

--A

Pen made a face in frustration, deleting the message, not noticing she was walking forward until she bumped into someone, making her drop her bag, books and phone. She looked up to see Evan. "Evan. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Evan told her.

They knelt to the floor to pick up her things, stealing glances at each other though they tried not to look at each other.

"I know why I got held back after class," Pen told him. "I had to stay behind and talk to the principal. What's your excuse?"

"Football practice," Evan answered.

Pen chuckled in surprise. "Football. Things really have changed. Not just for me, but for you too, Evan."

They stood. 

"So have you," Evan told her. They looked at each other for a moment, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry." Pen looked at him knowingly. "About Alison. I didn't get to talk to you since you got back to town, so... I figured now..."

"Yeah," Pen whispered, looking down. "Thanks." She looked up. "Good to see you, Evan."

"You, too, Pen," Evan told her.

Pen smiled a small smile. "I gotta go."

Evan nodded. "Me, too."

Pen took the rest of her things from Evan, managing a small smile, walking past him down the hallway.

(Song:) Fresh Pair of Eyes - Brooke Waggoner 

Evan turned to watch her go.

Pen looked over her shoulder back toward Evan, turning around a corner in the hallway.

  ---- -----  

Flashback 2

Day - Street

It was pouring rain.

Pen walked around a corner in the street, having an umbrella, twirling it around, smiling to herself, a little pep in her step. She was a lot more happier version of the Pen that we knew today.

Evan walked out of the Hollis college campus with coffee, not having an umbrella, soaking wet, drinking the coffee. "Hey, Pen."

Pen walked closer. "And here I thought I was the only one who loved walks in the rain, Evan."

Evan smirked. "My mom sent me here to give my dad is briefcase that he forgot at home."

Pen nodded. "That happens a lot. Doesn't it?"

"Mind's elsewhere," Evan told her.

Pen smiled, walking alongside Evan in the rain to put the umbrella over his head.

Evan finished the coffee, throwing it in a nearby trashcan. 

"You know, I think Ali and Aria are onto us, Evan," Pen told him. "They almost caught us at the park."

"Not like it was over a PG rating," Evan told her.

Pen laughed. "Yeah. But it's hard to keep this a secret. Something that no one else knows about so they can't mess it up. Evan, if I told them about this, they would never shut up about it."

Evan chuckled. "Yeah. And not just Aria and Alison. But Dakota, Peyton, Spencer, Lucy, Emily, Mara, Hanna and Madison, too."

Evan turned to face her.

Pen smiled a small smile. "Yeah. It's just... Evan, we've known each other forever, and the thought of us..."

"Would be like breaking news," Evan finished. 

They chuckled, looking at each other.

Pen nodded. "Yeah."

Evan nodded, looking away teasingly. "Even if it was only a few kisses..."

Pen scoffed playfully, pushing him in the chest. They both laughed, slowly fading into silence, looking at each other, slowly starting to kiss. Evan placed a hand on her cheek. Pen wrapped an arm around his neck, dropping the umbrella she was holding in her other hand down so she could wrap that arm around his neck, too. The pouring rain continued to pound down around them as they continued to kiss.

(Song Ends)

  ---- -----  

Now

Day - The Brew 

Dakota was working as the barista, looking out of the windows toward the rain that wasn't as heavy as it had been in the flashback. She looked toward two tables that were close together, big enough to fit ten girls.

  ---- -----  

Flashback 3 

Hanna, Alison, Aria, Spencer, Emily and Dakota were sitting at a table, laughing.

Madison, Pen, Peyton and Lucy was sitting at the table next to them.

"Pen and I got you guys something," Alison told them. "It was Pen's idea to get you guys these."

Alison and Pen started to hand out little cloth, zippable baggies.

"What's the occasion?" Spencer asked.

"You'll see," Pen told them. "Open them." They each opened the bags to reveal their friendship bracelets with their names on them. Pen smiled. "We'll be friends forever."

Everyone smiled.

"Can you put mine on for me, Em?" Alison asked.

Emily put Alison's bracelet on.

The girls looked at each other, smiling.

  ---- -----  

Montgomery House - Foyer

Aria walked in.

Byron was sitting in a chair nearby. "We need to talk." Aria stopped. "You can't keep doing this." Aria turned to face him. "You're not very good at hiding your feelings. And your mother knows that something is up." Aria sighed. "Look, Aria, I don't like to lie, but sometimes telling the truth does more harm than good. Now, when we were in Iceland, you found a way to let go of what happened."

"Are you seeing her again?" Aria asked.

"She teaches at Hollis, so I do see her, but not like that," Byron told her.

Aria walked closer, taking off her jacket, sitting down, shaking her head. "Were you in love with her?"

"I had very strong feelings for Meredith, and my attraction to her took me completely by surprise," Byron told her. "I had no intention of being unfaithful to your mother. And you're too young to understand this, but... the truth is, I... gave in to my emotions."

They heard the door open, looking up.

Mike, Evan and Ella walked in with Chinese takeout, all three having a bag.

"Mr. Chung was very happy to see me, Mike and Evan," Ella told them.

Byron chuckled. "From the looks of all this food, I'm sure that he was."

Mike, Evan and Ella all took a seat with Byron and Aria.

Ella looked at Aria. "We got you Kung Pao."

Aria reached out for food.

Byron looked at Aria in surprise. "You're... you're not going out tonight?"

Aria smiled a small smile. "No." Evan handed food to Aria. "No, I think I'll stay home."

"I like the sound of that," Ella told her.

They started to eat and drink.

"Evan, is this good?" Byron asked.

"Mm, yeah," Evan answered.

"You guys want some?" Byron asked.

"Yeah, sure," Mike answered.

Byron looked at Ella. "Try this?"

"No, thanks," Ella answered. "I'm good."

"You're good?" Byron repeated.

"I am good," Ella answered.

"You're sure?" Byron asked.

"Yeah," Ella answered. "I think we got too much food."

"Hey, Evan, can you tell our parents, since when is getting too much food a bad thing?" Mike asked.

Evan chuckled. "Right?"

Aria smiled at the sight of her family like this. Her phone buzzed. She took it out, looking at the text from A.

When students kiss teachers, someone gets HURT. That's a promise I'll keep.

--A

Aria looked up in alarm.

  ---- / -----  

Street

(Song:) Supabeat - Sweet 17

Lucy was going for a run in exercise clothes, listening to music through her headphones. She took a turn around the corner on the sidewalk, coming to a stop when she saw something ahead of her.

Jenna was sitting on a bench.

Lucy took out her headphones.

(Song Ends)

Jenna was typing onto her device. Her phone beeped. She picked up the phone, speaking into it. "Send text now."

Jenna looked as if she sensed she was being watched, turning her head in Lucy's direction.

Lucy didn't know what to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 378 13
Cassandra Elise Adams was always in her sisters shadow. Similar to the Hastings, but ten times worse. The Adams family was perfect in Rosewood's eyes...
7.7K 199 21
What if Alison and Courtney DiLaurentis resolved their issues years ago and are now best friends? A has come to wreak havoc on Alison's life by using...
21.7K 430 31
What if there was a sixth girl of Alison DiLaurentis' group? What if that girl was possibly Alison's true friend, Ali's best friend? Her name is Oliv...
152K 3.4K 47
Λšβœ§β‚Š 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 πŽπ…π… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„π“π…π‹πˆπ— π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’: ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ π‹πˆπ“π“π‹π„ π‹πˆπ€π‘π’ Λšβœ§β‚Š Quinn Montgomery, Aria's distant cousin moves bac...