Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

I Seriously Hate Lying

48.3K 1.2K 749
By GeekEvergirl

...........................
Hi people!
So this is a chapter completely dedicated to Shawn's POV, and I hope you like it.

The song for this chapter is "Kid In Love". I put the bathroom acoustic version up there, if you want to watch it.

Enjoy!
Xxx,
Sara
...........................
Shawn's POV:

Entering the dining area, I looked around, my eyes stopping at the sight of Sadie. She looked so beautiful, her long wavy hair tied up in a ponytail.

Control yourself Shawn. You don't like her.

Ha. Right.

I walked over to her table, taking my usual empty seat. "Good morning!" I say to everyone.

She seemed distracted, as she gave a little frightened jump once she noticed me. "Oh, hi, good morning!" she says, lokking a little bit sleepy.

"You don't seem like you slept well. Did Maleficent forget to curse you again, princess?" I say, teasing her. Truth is, I was very sleepy myself. I did not manage to sleep that easily with all those things in my head.

She rolls her eyes. "Well, that might be possible. I just couldn't sleep." she says. Suddenly her eyes widen and she shakes her head, remembering something. "Oh shoot, why do I have to be so forgetful?" She says to herself, and then turns to me. I find it so cute when she uses her own variations of cursing. It just makes her look more innocent than she already is. "I forgot to bring your jacket back, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, you can stay with it." I say, and find her looking back at me in utter disbelief.

"Shawn, that's your leather jacket we are talking about. It's like your symbol, your fans simply already have this image of you in a leather jacket in their head when they think of you. Well, your leather jacket and flannels. I can't take it."

I smile at her saying this. "Don't worry, really, I have many of those."

"Oh." She says, with an embarassed nod, probably not having thought of this possibility before. I look down at my empty part of the table, and realize that I still haven't eaten yet.

Standing up and tucking the chair back in, I ask, "I'm going to get some food. Anyone of you guys want something?" I ask at all three girls, and they shake their heads.

"No thank you." Sadie denies politely. I get a bowl of cereal and a blueberry muffin, and sit back down.

"So what are you guys doing today? I ask.

"We're going to... the MET?" Sadie asks Ella, and she nods.

"And afterwards?"

"I think we are going to the Central Park, and then we're coming back to the hotel." she answers.

"Great, then I can meet you back here. I would meet you earlier, but I have an interview to go to."I say.

"Of course. I'll meet you back here then." She looks at Ella, who is gesturing to the teacher calling them. "I'm sorry, I have to go. See you then. Good luck with the interview!" She stands up and goes over to me. Normally she would go straight for a small hug, but today, she hesitated a bit, which makes me kind of sad. But I know how Sadie is, so clumsy and uncertain with everything she does. So I hug her, thanking for the luck she wished me.

"See you." I say, and she leaves. My heart was still hammering against my chest with the close proximity I had with her, and watching her leave, I wondered how much time I would be able to keep up with this act without going crazy.

***

"Welcome, Shawn! Long time no see, huh?" Chris, my interviewer, asks, shaking my hand. I had been in his show once before, about a year ago, and here I was again.

"Yes, it's been a while." I agree.

"So you know how it works, right? The show airs, and then I introduce you, and afterwards we start the interview." I nod, taking my seat next to Chris's. I always got a bit nervous before interviews, I don't know why. I always was honest in interviews. I thought that that way my fans could get to know me better, creating a better bond between us.

The show eventually starts, and Chris tells a bit about me, how in the past year I released "Stitches" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer", two songs that became a hit.

"So Shawn, what have you been doing in these past few weeks here in New York? Probably taking a bit of a time off, preparing for the American part of the tour, right?" He asks, and I agree.

"Yes, that's right. I have lingered here in New York working on my music and doing some interviews here and there, but it hasn't been that busy."

"Now, Shawn," he leans in closer, making me nervous with what he was about to ask."you are going to be honest with me, aren't you?" He asks, and I find this question a bit unusual. What kind of question was he going to ask me afterwards, for him to even ask for my honesty? I swear, if I was asked on my passion for muffins once more, I would laugh at him.

I chuckle nervously, answering, "Of course."

He makes kind of a dramatic pause, wich I hated as it only made me tenser. "It has come to mine and your fans' attention that you have been hanging a lot with this girl lately."

Fuck. No, please not let it be Sadie! Please say it's like, Ella or Bailey!

And my worst fears were confirmed when the TV's monitor on the wall behind us lit up, showing my Instagram page and all my photos and videos with Sadie.

Please, don't ask me if I have something with her. It had been less the number of fingers on one of my hands the times I had lied in an interview, and I didn't want to repeat it. I try to take a deep breath discreetly, trying to calm myself down without them noticing I had to calm down at all.

You got this, Shawn.

"So tell me about her Shawn. I have gone to her page, which you tagged in most of the photos, and I saw her name is Sadie?"

"Yes, that's her name." I answer.

"But tell me about her. How did you guys meet?" Okay, I guess this one was safe to answer the truth without making him deduce something or divulging too much information on her.

"Well, I met her here in New York, but I had already seen her before, in one of my concerts. She is a huge fan of mine, and we got along so well, now I consider her one of my best friends."

"A best friend, or a special friend?" He asks with a smirk, and my blood goes cold. I never have wished so much since I was a kid that I was a wizard. That way I could just disapparate from here.

"What do you mean?" I play dumb, maintaining my tone as innocent as possible.

"Shawn, you don't need to hide it. How can you have spent this much time with her without none of you making a move? And you act like a happy couple, look at this." he touches somewhere on his iPad, which I presume is connected with the monitor, and the video of me carrying Sadie on my back, singing, started playing. I can't help but smile at that video.

"That was just the two of us messing around. It was fun. But can't I have a friend of the opposite gender without having kissed them?" I say, deciding to stick to the method of reason. This way, I wasn't lying, only stating something.

"So you're telling me you kissed her?" he asks, and I have to control a frown. What the hell, I had just said something about not kissing, and he deduces that I kissed? Which I have. But I can't say that. I had promised Sadie I would pretend it never happened, and I am sure that that includes not telling about it in an interview and sharing with the world that we kissed.

"No." I say. I seriously hate lying.

"But you have made a move on her." If by move he says lean in to kiss her, then the answer is yes.

"No." I lie again, shaking my head and chuckling to cover up my nervousness.

"So you are telling me that you are just friends?"

"Yes." I say, trying to hide my sadness. Unfortunately, I think to myself.

"What about this sighting of you two together yesterday?" He asks, and this time my heart seems to stop. He touches on his ipad again, and a photo of Sadie and I appears, walking with our arms linked. A huge wave of relief goes through me, as it was not what I was thinking. How would Sadie react to the fact that they would have had snapped a photo of us kissing? That someone had took a picture of her first kiss?

Dammit! I had forgotten completely about that! She had mentioned to me before that she had never kissed...

"That's just us hanging out." I state.

"Ok then, if you say so. But I will say you said that in your wedding if you do marry one day." He chuckles, and feeling more awkward than ever, I laugh with him too.

***

"Coming!" Someone says behind the door to room 1522, the sound of footsteps getting louder and louder until the door opens.

"Hi!" I say.

"Oh, hi Shawn, come in." Ella says stepping back, so I can pass. She closes the door behind me.

"Hey princess!" I say, taking off my shoes and throwing myself next to Sadie. She already was used to me doing this. Now looking at her, the fact that I had given her first kiss came up. I felt worried, wondering if I had made it nice for her. But at the same time, I felt honoured for her choosing to have her first kiss with me.

"Hi Benito!" She says. "So how was the interview?" I don't know how I must have reacted, but Sadie noticed my uneasiness. Sitting up, she looks me straight in the eyes. "What happened?"

Sitting up too, I wonder how to start. "Well, lets say that they weren't very interested in my music this time..." I sigh. "They were more interested in you."

"What? Me? Why would someone be curious about me?"

"The same reason that fans go crazy whenever I post a photo with a girl. Or about a dozen photos with the same girl, in this case. They even had a photo of us yesterday." I say, and realize I made a terrible mistake by not being specific, as Sadie turns as white as a ghost. "No! It's not what you think. Just us walking towards the restaurant."

A little bit of colour returns to her face, but I still need to tell her the whole thing. "However, they did ask me on... That thing." I try to be more vague, noticing that Bailey and Ella are paying attention to the conversation.

"And you said?" she asks.

"I said no. I hate lying, but I did promise you that thing, and I guess that involved denying, right?"

Sadie suddenly looks guilty, probably for having caused me to lie. "I'm sorry. I don't like the fact that I made you lie." She says.

"It's ok. I probably would have done the same even if I didn't promise you that. I couldn't say that we are just friends and then say that, right?" I continue talking vaguely, aware of the audience.

"Right." She says with a sad smile. I hate to see her like this, so I do the first thing that comes to my mind in order to make her laugh: I tickle her.

My weight on top of her makes her fall back on her bed, and she is laughing like crazy. "Stop, Shawn!" She says in between laughs, her face red with all that laughing. I stop tickling her when I see she is struggling to breath, and once she recovers slightly, she says "You are so going to pay for this!"

"What's the price?" I ask smirking at her. Please say a kiss.

"Well..." She says, putting her hand to her chin. "What about a song?" She says smiling, managing to escape my grasp and walking over to the light blue guitar case. "Our room neighbours are all from our school, and if the other guests still haven't complained about the other people's blasting music, then I guess a bit of guitar will be ok, right?"

She brings the case to her bed and opens it, taking the guitar from it. Leaving my current place on her bed, I slide down to the border of the bed and take my place next to her. She hands the guitar to me. "I still don't know much, and you're much better." She says.

"Oh no." I give the guitar back to her. "What do you know? I can help you while you play."

"I only know a whole song, which is "Kid in Love", then I know a bit of "Imagination" and "Stitches"." She answers.

"Then "Kid in love" it shall be." I say, smiling at her.

"Really, I'm really ba-" she starts, but I cut her.

"Just play. I'm sure you'll be fine."

And with that, she starts playing. Everything goes pretty well, sometimes I move her hand so the sound will come out better, always sending a weird tingling up my hand as my hand touches hers and giving me the desire to take ber hand in mine and intertwine our fingers.

Once she gets the hang of it, I start to sing. As soon as the first words left my mouth, I knew that this was it. This was one of the things I was looking for, one of the ways I could use to show her what I felt. So I sang with all my feelings to her.

I knew she wanted to join in, but she was too focused on the guitar to do so. However, once in a while she would manage to look up and lock eyes with me, throwing me that bright smile of hers. That smile that always puts a smile on my own face, and that I wish I could see everyday.

The song came to an end, and we continued with our eyes locked. "I told you we made an awesome team! And you played it very well." I say.

"Yes, you're right. And thanks." Embarrassed, she looks down at the guitar, trying to hide her blushed cheeks."Well, I think you already payed your price, so we should put the guitar away. Or else we are going to play more, and I am sure the guests won't take more than one song." She stands up, putting her guitar away.

She then said something, but I didn't pay attention. I was too busy wondering wether she felt the slightest bit of what I felt back, and if she got the message I tried to pass.

"Shawn?" Sadie asks, looking at me with an amused expression.

"Sorry, what was it?" I ask, and she chuckles.

"I was asking if you wanted to watch Netflix." She says, showing me her iPad.

"Oh, sure. What do you want to watch?"

"Well, I don't know. I know you like The Vampire Diaries, so you want to watch it? I have finished everything already, but I really don't mind." She says.

"No, that would be unfair." I argue.

"Really, it's fine. I kind of forgot what is going on, so it's good to recap."

Surrendering, we lay down on her bed, the iPad between us, my arm around her and her head leaning on my chest as one of her arms embraced me. I loved the way that she fitted so perfectly in my arms, how good it felt to have her this close to me. I could stay like this forever.

I wanted her. And now I knew that I had to say what I felt before she left.

Paying more attention to her than to the actual show itself, my eyes start feeling heavy, and without controling myself, I fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 9.6K 46
Jess was just the average Shawn Mendes fan who was going to a concert and meet and greet. But when he takes a liking in her, things change. Dramatica...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
348K 13.2K 68
"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ••• Fate has a funny way of working...
253K 16.4K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...