The Once and Future King

By MaddyLib_21

Hello! This is my Merlin fanfiction. Since I know I will never get over how Merlin ended, I made this in mode... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End

Chapter 1

988 43 2
By MaddyLib_21

     It's a warm summer day and I'm just sitting on the bench like I usually do. I'm enjoying the peace and having time to think. Of course I started thinking about Arthur and Camelot again. Things that I should have done or should have said. Maybe I could have saved him. Maybe I could have saved them all. The Maybe if I would have shown him sooner...
      I suddenly break myself out of these thoughts reasoning that there was nothing I could do. I just stare down the path at people walking by. I try to think about all the things I need to get done for work. I am currently a manager at a restaurant close by. There's a bunch of hiring that needs to be done and we have an inspection next week and I have a ton of paperwork I haven't done yet.
     Just as I start making a mental list of all the things I need to get done, some runner comes over and sits on the other side of the bench for some water and a break.
"You don't mind do you?" He asked. I look up to answer him, somewhat annoyed.
"Well I-" is all I got out before I looked up to see Arthur sitting before me. I was completely stunned! I froze up for a couple seconds. But then I quickly composed myself to say,
"No, no. It's just fine, my friend."
"Friend? It's rare to be called friend by one you just met. But thank you. I'll only be a minute." He replies.
"Oh please stay as long as you need." I respond.

Thank you reading!! I hope you liked it! Please vote if you did. Feel free to message me with any comments you had regarding the story. I am planning to post another chapter soon. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.9K 16
This is a Fan-Fiction based upon the BBC series 'Merlin': Merlin is busy as usual working as King Arthur's servant. He rarely gets a good night's sle...
82.7K 2.2K 22
My name is Prince Merlin Aragon Ambrosius, and I hate being a prince, so much that I ran away from home, to live in Camelot, a place where my kind ar...
457K 18.2K 49
Merlin's been Arthurs manservant for four months. How long will it be until they have the courage to tell each other how they feel? Are they going to...
251 15 6
He does not remember the feeling of panic rising in his throat at the thought that he would not be discovered before he became nothing more than a de...