Apocalypse [harry styles]

By vcnomous

Harry Styles, after losing everything, a weak boy now a witness of the world crumbling down as a brain eating... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Authors Note
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Apocaylpse Explained/Book 2

Seven

448 14 7
By vcnomous

H A R R Y

I shut the door, as the infected flooded through the next room looking for us. "I guess we sneak out the back," Niall said taking in sharp breathes. I nodded swallowing the lump in my throat. We cautiously roamed the halls fills with lockers, wondering what high school would have looked like if I ever attended one. "Harry, you following?" Niall asked, I nodded as we slowly crept into another room, looked like the main hall.

I was about to start walking when I heard infected again, "Crap."

Clickers, and runners, everywhere. I tried desperately to sneak over them, I threw a glass bottle distracting them as I crawled to the other side of the hall. I watched as an old student still in their uniform ate up an old body. I looked at it in disgust as other joined in savoring it.

I nearly threw up from the stench and looks of it. I swallowed down the gags, I had and started to crawl again, they didn't notice me as they feed off on their soon to be friend. I slowly opened the door, thankful that it didn't squeak.

"C'mon," I whispered slowly as the snuck in with me. I shut the door and let out a sigh of relief, "I guess we just cut through the classrooms until we find an exit."

We all walked through another classroom, but I heard the doors fly open, seeing a bunch of infected and clickers running everywhere. "Shit," I said running towards another near by room, we all entered and held our backs against the door as they pounded on it. I fumbled as I tried grabbing a metal bar to put on the handles, I slid it through as the wood on the door already started to crack. Bolts, and screws popped out of the door and fell to the floor.

"That's not gonna hold to long." Niall said as we backed up from it, soon our backs met the wall. "Allie, stay away from the door." I demanded slowly as I saw more and more bolts pop out.

"Climb the bleachers," I said putting her on my shoulders, she reached up and reached down. I helped up Niall and gripped Allie's arm. He reached down for me with his long arm. As I climbed up the door flew open and all the infected spilled in, I grabbed my shot gun and pounded the window. It cracked, I gave it one last boot and it opened.

The infected tried climbing up to the bleachers, "C'mon lets go!" I said already pushing them out the window, I jumped out landing on concrete. My foot ached at the impact, thankfully Allie helped me up by gripping my side and putting my arm around her shoulder. We limped together to another near by house and Niall followed. "Inside the house," Niall said as Allie still helped with my walking.

She laid me down on the couch and sat across me on the coffee table. "That went well." Allie said and Niall glared at her, "I'm gonna go bathroom." She said excusing herself. Niall sat rubbing his dirty hands around his temples. "What now Niall?" I said, due to the failure we at trying to get the battery.

"Somebody had the same idea and they stole my shit," he said raising his voice. "Then what the hell is plan B?" I said starting to raise my voice too. "You better be thankful that you're still drawing breathe Harry. That was

plan A, B, C, all the way to fucking Z. And furthermore tell Louis he can do this shit job-" I cut him off automatically, "Don't you bring Louis into this!"

He kicked the wall. "He can shove it right up his-" he stopped, looking behind me. I turned to see what he was looking at. I saw a person dangling on a rope tightly by the neck tied on the ceiling fan. "Christ," I whispered.

I looked at him, "Did you know him or something?" He looked down, "Liam." He said coldly, and distant.

"Who the hell is Liam?" I said, "He was my partner, Liam Payne. He was the only idiot that would wear a shirt like that too." He said taking out a knife, he reached up rubbing the blade across the rope making his body fall to the floor. His eyes started to water.

"He's got bites and scratches." His voice started to crack. "Here, and here, and there." He pointed to the infected wounds, he sniffled furiously wiping his cheek. "I guess he didn't want to turn so he..." I trailed off.

{yes, partner as in gay partner. I just wanted a dramatic scene involving a homosexual relationship. Who else ships Niam? I ship as both, but I don't believe the romance is real, similar to Larry.}

He nodded, my head snapped up when I heard a car. We jogged over to the garage, I saw Allie in the drivers seat of an old truck. "Look what I found, and she's still got some juice in it." She smiled, Niall walked over to the hood pulling it up. "That's my battery, that fucking ass hole," he slammed the hood down as I awkwardly stood there.

"Get out," he demanded towards Allie. "Now," she raised her hands and slid out standing next to me. He turned the keys, it light up but it didn't turn on. He nodded smiling, "Battery's drained, but the cells still alive." I leaned towards him. "Meaning?" I asked, he got out and went to the trunk of the car.

"Meaning if we push it while Allie drives and get it started and the alternator will recharge the battery," he said already sticking his position to the back. "Is that plan B?" I said as Allie looked at me. He nodded. "What are you thinking?" I asked Allie. "Thinking I drive, you guys push."

I nodded and she smiled climbing in. I leaned in on the frame of the car, the window open. "You're doing good, figured you should know." She sighed smiling, "I won't let you down."

I chuckled as I went to the back while Niall opened up the garage door. "Alright put her in first," Niall said as we started to push. "Already did it," she called. "Just keep your foot on the clutch and we get rolling-" she cut him off, "I know how to pop a clutch."

He gave me a confused look, "How the hell do you-you know what I don't care just don't fuck it up." As it rolled down the street the car came to life for a moment, then it shut down again.

"Good job kiddo." Niall said smiling.

"I'm nineteen." She said earning a smile from me. "Alright Allie we're gonna give it another go, just keep going until we get to the hill at the end of the street." We started to push again, all was great until I heard the clicking sounds in the distance.

"We gotta go faster guys!" Allie said as they came to us from the distance. We pushed it to the hill and she started it making it roar to life, me and Niall rushed to it jumping into the back. She sped off as I saw them following far behind.

-

"Alright this will do," Niall yelled pounding against the metal of the truck. She stopped the car keeping it running as me and Niall climbed out the back. "That girl nearly got us killed," he whispered as we stood a couple feet away. "You gotta admit though, she did hold her own back there." I smiled looking at her. He pointed at my smirk. "I guess I best be going, but here."

He smiled pulling out something, handing it to me. "What's this?" He grinned, "Gas." I smiled in thanks, "Appreciate it." He was about to leave before I stopped him. "Niall, about your buddy back there, that's a tough deal. And I'm uh-" he sighed taking out his left hand.

"We square?" He said looking at me. His shining blue eyes tired and lifeless as they were now a dull gray. I nodded lightly. "We're square." He smiled, grabbing my hand in a deadly grip. "Now get the fuck out of my town," he whispered before walking off, he disappeared into the long vines covering the brick walls of the alley he was in.

Although Niall gives off a rude vibe, he means well. He's a good man. I turned back to Allie, she was day dreaming while the car was still running, I slowly walked back to the car.

I could see thunder bolting in the corner of my eyes, which meant a storm was near.

-

I tapped my fingers along the wheel as the pitter patter of the rain hitting against the windows kept me company. I've been driving for hours and I'm nearly asleep, but Allie's voice woke me up. "Aw man," her small voice pouted. "What happened to sleeping? You were passed out a couple minutes ago." I said looking at her climb next to me in the passengers seat.

She sighed, clearly upset. "Okay, I know it doesn't look like it, but this here is not a bad read." She said throwing the book in lap. "Then what's wrong?" I asked looking at her dull dark green eyes, they weren't as shiny as they are, maybe it was just that she was sleepy. She reached for the book and opened it to the last page, "Right there, to be continued!" She huffed out a frustrated breathe.

"I hate cliffhangers, too." I said slowly watching the wet road filling with raindrops in front of me. "Where did you get that?" I asked glancing at her, she looked at me with guilty eyes.

"Uh-back at Nialls. I mean all this stuff was just laying around!"

I sighed yet chuckled at the same time, "What else did you get?" She smiled reaching into her backpack. "Well Mr. Harry Styles, here." She handed me a mixtape. "That make you all nostalgic?" She laughed, I snatched the tape reading the names of the list of songs. "You know that is actually before our time," I laughed looking at the letters,

Beach Boys, Nirvana, and The Rolling Stones too.

"That is a sure winner though," I chuckled popping in the tape. The familiar beats of the pop songs strum throughout the car.

She sighed happily swaying her head to the beat. She quickly reached back into her backpack right after. "Oh and I'm sure your friend will be missing this tonight." She laughed pulling out an old magazine.

I didn't bother looking because I was to focused on the road. "Light on the reading but it's got some interesting photos." She smiled scrolling through them. I finally looked at what she was reading, it was an old PlayBoy.

"Uh-Allie that's sorta inappropriate," I said awkwardly. She flipped through another page, "Whoa! How the hell would she even walk around in that thing?" She said waving the exposed girl in my face.

"Get rid of that!" I laughed trying to snatch it away. She stopped me by holding my hands down, and I almost locked our fingers together but I knew better. "Hold your horses Styles I wanna see what all the fuss is about," she said still looking at that magazine.

"Oh. Why are these pages all stuck together?" She asked innocently, I looked at her and slapped the magazine out of her hands. Last thing I want is her touching Niall's... business.

"Umm-Allie." she broke out laughing. "I'm just fucking with you," she laughed as she lowered the window chucking the magazine out the window.

I chuckled, a couple moments of silence went by. I smiled as she swayed her head back and forth. "You know, this isn't that bad." She reached for the volume an put the music up higher. "Just try to get some sleep, alright?" I assured. "Pfft, I'm not even tired." She smiled laying her head back, humming to the tune.

-

An hour later I heard her light snoring, the rain also started to clear up. I looked down the road. "Oh no, no, no." I said frustrated, I looked to see the faster route to be scattered with abandoned cars everywhere. "Well perfect," I said slamming the dash. I saw Allie jerk waking up, "Sorry Allie, forgot you were asleep." I said putting my large palm on her thigh, she yawned stretching out her arms.

"It's fine." She later put her head back down. I watched as she looked up, eyes widened slightly when she saw the road. "Now what?" I looked behind us, nothing but empty roads and broken buildings. "Screw it," I left towards the long route. I drove another 10 miles before we stumbled upon someone. I stopped the car at an immediate hault. "Easy," Allie said, she looked to see the man in front of the car. The man was clutching his stomach, "Please, help." He whimpered, getting closer to the car.

"Holy shit, are we gonna help him?" Allie said looking at the man. I reached across and put my seatbelt on tightly. "Allie, put your seatbelt. Tightly." She nodded and did as told scrambling with it, she made sure it was tight too.

"Help me, please," the man whimpered. "What about the guy?" She questioned, I narrowed my eyes.

"He ain't even hurt," I stomped on the clutch almost about to hit him. The 'injured man' pulled out his gun, shooting the car windshield. Soon a bunch of bandits started to come out of the hiding places, starting to shoot the car. I soon ran over the man hitting another couple people, Allies eyes widened a little more each time.

As we drove more and more poured out of the hiding spots, one of them came up to the car and broke Allie's window, causing a couple cuts to show on her skin. I was flaming now, I turned the car only to be hit by another truck of the bandits making us crash into a building. And for a moment, everything went black. Even Allies shiny green eyes were no longer in my sight.

-

"Harry get up," Allie whispered shaking me lightly. I woke up to her scratched up face. "You okay?" She sighed relieved, "I'm okay, I'm okay." She assured. She reached over and unbuckled mine and her seat belt, "Then get out, quick." I reached for the door handle and Allie's door swung open, a dirty man started to grab her. She struggle in his grip, I tried pulling her to me. She tried kicking him off, "Let go of me you chicken shit!"

She pounded his face, another guy started to drag me away, I watched intently as she was carried away in the filthy mans arms. She screamed piercing loud, "Harry!" The man pushed me to the ground kicking my stomach. He pulled out a knife, attempting to stab my neck. I kicked his knee cap making him fall to the floor, I grabbed the knife and stabbed his chest, again and again for touching Allie.

After I finished I ran over to Allie still struggling in the mans arms, I was only a few feet away when she bit his arm. He slapped her in the face hard as she fell to the floor from the impacts of the smack. He straddled her lacing his fingers on her neck, "Get off of me!" She kicked around, I rushed to them pushing him off kicking his face, I picked up his head slamming it into the concrete.

I went over to help Allie up, she coughed from his grip around her neck. "Motherfucker," she spat. I gripped her side and put her arm around my shoulder just like she did to me. "Catch your breathe cause we're out of here." I said as we limped to the car taking our bags. I heard gun shots flare at us, I dunked my head down with Allie in my arms, I pulled out my gun aiming for their asses.

I heard the growl from an infected, I looked to see the guy Allie bit had now turned infected. I shot him to the ground. My blood pumped as more infected surrounded the area, Allie reached for my pockets pulling out a gun.

She shot multiple as more caved in on us. I realized what was happening and pulled out a gun too, shooting as many as I can. "Make every shot count," Allie said over the gun shots. I flinched at the words. I shot a couple more, I looked around seeing a blood bath. "I think that's the last of them," I said shoving my gun into my pocket. I snatched away the gun Allie had, "I didn't know you could infect people." I said softly inspecting their corpses for any bullets or guns.

"You ok?" She answered voice rough, ignoring my question, I nodded. "I should be asking you that," I said standing up and scanning her. "Let's get the hell out of here."

I sighed, she nodded slowly. "Maybe we can go through there," she said softly raising up a skinny finger pointing towards an old garage. I grasped her hand, leading the way towards it. "Genius Allie strikes again," she laughs.

I chuckle pulling down the chain. "That's as much as I can go," She crawls in there. "See if you can get it propped open with something," I could hear her foot step around inside the garage. "Um, there's some pretty gnarly stuff in here," she says shuffling around the room.

"Allie hurry!" I say almost letting go of the heavy metal. I hear her walk around, then I hear the chain click together. "Go!" She yells I crawl under the metal and go inside the garage. She let's go of the chain and it slams shut. "Look," she says pointing around the room. I looked around the garage, dead bodies scattered everywhere.

Now I see where gnarly stuff came from. "Fucking hunters, that could've been us." Hunters are survivors who hunt other survivors for food. I saw her look away from the corner of my eyes, "That's a lot of people that didn't make it." She chokes out.

"I knew I should have turned that damn truck around." I curse myself, she came up to me and comforted me by rubbing my back lightly. "We lived," she sighed. "Barely." My words light, I went towards the door, I can't stand the smell anymore. Allie followed behind, "How'd you know?" Her American accent says.

"Know about what?" I question. "About the ambush. Him not being actually hurt." I shake my head lightly, memories of the dark five years raced in my mind. "I've been on both sides," I say lightly. Her eyes widen a little, then they turn into disappointment. "Oh." She simply says. "I haven't eaten a person, if you're wondering." But I have killed more than the average man in this life.

I regret all of what I've done, but it's every man and woman for themselves. "So, you killed a lot of innocent people?" She says, I don't reply. "Taking that as a yes."

I hear her voice echo around the room. "Don't fucking start Allie I've done a lot of shit to survive this fucked up world," I muttered. She scowled deeply, making me regret my words. "Lets just keep moving," I sniffled leaving the building.

I remember this one time I killed a kid and throw his corpse at an infected to distract him. I snapped out of the memory as I heard her light footsteps trail behind me. "Alright, there's our bridge, our way out of here." I said pointing towards the bridge leaving LA.

When I turn to Allie she's already crossing the street. "Hey Allie slow down, wait for me." I said jogging over to her. "What?" She questioned, "I'm right here." I glared at her, "How about you let me go first and keep your voice down." I scold whispering. "Okay," She whispers.

+

Copyright to arcticactus ©

All rights reserved ®

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 5.4K 27
"Harry I'm scared." I whispered, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Don't be Maddie, I'm here." He whispered, gently kissing my forehead. Suddenly a do...
451K 8.5K 52
Reina Higgins spent most of her life under the watchful eye of her father, being trained who to love and who to stay away from. When she turned twent...
3.8K 211 12
Almost a year after the collapse of a nation, Freya's long journey home in apocalyptic surroundings somehow grows more stressful thanks to the arriva...
160K 5.4K 24
|mature content| Humanity has hit the brink of defeat after an international viral outbreak that has consumed all of mankind. Whilst the dead roam th...