The Once and Future King

By MaddyLib_21

Hello! This is my Merlin fanfiction. Since I know I will never get over how Merlin ended, I made this in mode... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End

Prologue

1.3K 48 2
By MaddyLib_21

     It's been around 900 years since I lost Arthur. It's a bit hard to keep count. It feels like it all just happened. It's like only a week ago he was bossing me around and I was sort of mouthing him off like we always did. But things have changed so much since that time. It's weird how it seems like a short time ago yet time always seems to drag on.
      I get by okay in life. Things have changed so greatly from how they used to be. Cars are very convenient; and airplanes too. It all just seems so unreal at times. But I seem to keep up with the times just fine. I do quite a bit of moving around because of being immortal and not wanting to freak too many people out. I don't think it'd end well if people found out... I'd probably be put in a lab to be tested. I don't really fancy the idea.
      So I just keep moving around every 10 years or so. I have a job and some friends. Life is okay but it's not great and thrilling like it used to be. I like sitting in the park and watching people and things. But somehow nearly everything reminds me of the good days, when I was young and Arthur was still here.
      I see two best friends teasing each other and laughing and I think of us. Or I see a team of runners running along the path and I think of the Knights. Or I may even see two lovers having a picnic together and I think of Gwen and Arthur. Sometimes it's not so bad but other times it gets to the point where I can almost literally see them! It can be very overwhelming. But I just remind myself that I'm seeing things. It's too late for them now.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you liked it! I am planning to post part 1 soon. If you have any comments or ways to improve feel free to message me about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.3K 21
When Arthur rises again, 40 000 years later, Merlin is nothing but ecstatic especially when he finds out Arthur feels the same way he has since life...
27.3K 994 18
When faced with trouble, Merlin must go back to Camelot. He must face the man he left behind and continue to fulfill his destiny. Because we all know...
51.6K 1.8K 13
Arthur and Merlin are connected by a Magic stronger than any other but while Merlin tries his best to keep his Soulmate alive, Arthur ignores his sou...
15.9K 497 6
I got the inspiration for this story from a similar oneshot on Fanfiction.net by Aeon The Dimensional Girl if the user wishes for me to take this one...