A Life We Live : Totally Madn...

By Icraftstories

Harley and Joker had their lives according to their will until they'd met an accident. As Batman was behind c... More

Prologue
Chapter1: Big Explosion
Chapter2 : This Is War
Chapter3: Jokes On You
Chaper4: She felt his care?
Chapter5: Disapppoinments
Chapter6: Harley's Move
Chapter7: Accident
Chapter8: Abandoned
Chapter9: Night Mare
Chapter10: Confused
Chapter12: Origin (part two)
Chapter13: Time to go home
Chapter14: Jealousy?
Chapter15: Dr. Arkham
Chapter16: Session with Him
Chapter17: Escaped
Chapter18: Welcome Home HAHA!
Author's Note
Chapter19: Harley is a good one
Chapter20: Dinner with the Devil?
Chapter21: Tell me Everything
Chapter22: Jewelry Store
Chapter23: I wanna Go home
Chapter24: Bluff or Lust?
Chapter25: Arguments
Chapter26: Kristen's Past
Chapter27: Friendship end?
Chapter 28: What Harley Feels
Chapter29: Meet the Squad
Chapter30: New friends..Joker's Lost
Chapter31: Where is she
Chapter32: Dreaming of him
Chapter33: Refused
Chapter34: Hi, Hello
Chapter35: The Story
Chapter36: Let's be buddies
Chapter37: No longer Yours
Chapter38: Regrets
Chapter39: Blast from the Past
Chapter40: Disappeared
Chapter41: Belle Reve Prison
Chapter42: Interrogation
Chapter43: Trip to Death
Chapter 44: Gotham City
Chapter45: Worst Heroes Ever
Chapter46: Visitor
Chapter 47: Please always stay

Chapter11:Origin

2K 74 4
By Icraftstories

                             🎭🎭🎭

The thick and grayish clouds on the firmament started pouring a heavy rain as the hard blow of the wind made the tree leaves rustled to each other.

Harley was standing in the middle of her cell, gazing upon the small window with bars which connected on its frame; she was watching as the raindrops continuously falling down.

"Puddin. . ." she mumbled as her eyebrows started lowering down due to sadness she was holding, while remembering their first meeting at the same time.
It was the exactly weather when she was first assigned to handle Joker's case. It was rainy day. . .

The sound of her heels were merely echoed at the third floor where the Joker's cell was placed. Harleen Quinzel was the youngest doctor who had passed all the requirements which were demanded to be one of the most trusted and skillful psychiatrist; just because she was the best, she was assigned to hold his case and be his doctor.

She was the only one who accepted him as her patient. She was interested about him, on how his life had bent out of shape. On why he became the Joker. Harleen's goal was to cure her patients so that they could be free from their loneliness. And she wanted to start with the most fearful psycho man living in Gotham— The Clown Prince of Crime.

However, the moment when she was standing in front of his cell door, she already noticed him through a translucent window, smiling deviously towards her. Harleen started sweating cold; she didn't actually see the dark gaseous which covering him, but the way he looked at her, was making the dark aura visible. Heaving a deep breath, she swiped her ID through a slot beside.

"Relax, Harleen," she cheered herself before entering.

As she heard the sharp sound of the door, Doctor Quinzel barely pushed it open, revealing the clown was already restrained on his seat, with a huge smile plastered on his white face.

"You must be my Doctor," he said in a deep voice.

Harleen cleared her throat when she pulled her chair and took her seat. She was facing the Joker acrosse the steel table with her restless eyes, blended with the loud thump of her chest. She was extremely uptight.

"Um, Hi. . . I'm Doctor Harleen Quinzel, and from now on, I'll be your Doctor," she began not even looking at the clown prince while putting her things onto the table.

"I think you should face me while talking, sweet heart," Joker said with confidence in his tone.

Harleen lifted her head, and locked her blue eyes on his. She smiled at him so barely as the clown twitched his red lips into a huge smile.

"How's your day?"

"Not really exciting, Doc."

She swiftly nodded her head, and took one sip on her cup of coffee.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"About myself?!" Joker mocked when he scooted on his steel seat, engraving a devilish grin. "I know, everyone knows me. Who I am, and what I do."

Harleen adjusted her dark-rimmed glasses, taking another sip of coffee.

"What I mean was, about your past life, Joker," she retorted when she put down the cup.

Joker made silent laughter as if he was amazed. "I remember the moment when one of my previous doctors landed on this cold ground, lifeless," he uttered when he narrowed his blue piercing eyes."Cause of death? Asking about my past life."

"Oh."

She tightened her grip onto her pen as she slowly tapping its edge on the steel table. She felt something in her stomach when she noticed the way Joker looked at her as if he was scanning and observing her whole.

". . . but because you are something that I know I could handle, I think I should be little easy to you, Doctor Quinzel," Joker continued. "Have you ever experienced one bad day? A worst day when everything in your life suddenly turned into something you thought would set you free? When the only medicine you could have was laughter? Because, Doctor. . ." His voice suddenly turned into a devious tone as his eyes were perfectly darted into hers, that brought shivers down her spine. "Something like that happened to me, and it only takes one bad day. . ."

She was looking at him deeply. That mad man caught her taste that she wanted to know every single detail from him. She wanted to cure him. And by just telling her some hints, she thought that Joker was once had a cruel past, wasn't he?

"It was kind of, um. . . interesting."

"Anyways!" Joker said in a high tone, "Have your friends called you Harley?"

She made a faint smile when she stooped her head. "I—I don't have lots of friend. . . I mean. . . I used to live alone."

"Well you have one."

The firmament suddenly became dark as the loud sound of thunder had boomed; a lightning bolt also flashed on the sky that made their faces illuminated. There was nothing could be found on Joker's white face, no other than the stretched lips formed into wide curve that made Harley's heart throbbed in nervousness? uneasiness? She didn't know. But she was so sure, that it was kind of something that already sunk her heart in blissfulness.

Looking at the clown with a jaw dropped, she immediately cleared her mind and gave him a sweet smile. "I don't know that villains like you wanted to be friended with me."

"You should be thankful because I noticed you and I like you."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh come on Harley, why don't you tell me about yourself?"

She flicked her hair over her shoulder and bit her lower lip as she avoided the gaze of the mad man. "My life isn't interesting though."

"Why?" Joker asked with giggles, "For me you are so. . . interesting. Do you have boyfriend?"

She felt a burning heat already engulfed her whole cheeks as her chest throbbed again nonstop. She couldn't believe that the clown himself could ask her something so privately.

"We broke up recently because I found out that he's cheating on me."

"Oh. . . that's cruelty. You are so beautiful and you deserve more than anything. . . you deserve power."

Confusion had begun running in her whole system; she didn't want to tell the clown about her and her boyfriend, but there was something in his gaze and his voice that made her to open her mouth to tell him everything.

The sessions between them wasn't a session anymore. They were just like a students in middle school who had chitchats while laughing to each other. The Joker— made her laugh about some jokes that for the ears of others, were stupid and nonsense. But to her, it was magical and gold.

He wasn't that creepy. She thought to herself. Joker also told her about his childhood memories, on how his daddy beaten him when he was only seven year old.

"He told me that I'm the only reason why my mummy had passed away," he said as his tone became dull. "Daddy didn't love me the way I love him. . . yes. . . I was, um. . . withheld of love and care. So every time he gets home—drunk— my body was his favourite punching bag."

Harleen jolted in her seat as her face twitched down in pity and sadness.

". . . but one day, my dad brought me in circus. From there, he saw bunch of clowns who were standing on stage making people happy as they pants were dropped down on their knees," Joker continued as his tone became little blissful. "It was the very first time of my entire life that my father laughed that hard. . . so when he got home, I tried to make him laugh again. . . I stood in front of him and pulled down my pants. I said, "Hey pops! Look at me!" but it was useless. He glared at me and shoved me with force that made me plumped against the floor."

"I—I'm sorry. . ." Harleen said when she felt little warm waters already formed in the corners of her eyes. "You don't deserve that Mister J. . ."

The clown chuckled slightly. "But I'm powerful now. . . I've escaped my cruel past by just giving people laughter," The clown said, narrowing his eyes; red lips were barely turning into a betrayer's grin. "So if you want. . . you can depend on me, Harley. . . just you and me."

The cell suddenly covered with his maniacal laughter as he'd seen how his Doctor's expression turned into amusement. Joker could read people's mind and attitude, and Harleen was one of those toys he believed he could control in any circumstances.

Something that made his chest pumped so loud due to excitement he was waiting to happen. Yes. . . she was something.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (EDITED) Thanks for reading angels and sorry for the long wait. :) please vote if you like the part. ⬆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 18 23
After being released from Arkham, all Harley wants to do is start over--- rebuild her life. But will that be allowed to happen in Gotham with the sha...
66.4K 2.5K 55
Doctor Harleen Quinzel, a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. She was assigned to the clown himself. She thought she was curing him, but she was falling...
3.5K 45 27
Disclaimer. I do not own any of these characters Dr Harleen Quinn was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum and falls for her beloved patients the joker...
126K 3.6K 40
[Joker Love Story] People would say that it is impossible, crazy, insane or plain madness. Even the Joker himself though it was, for him to love a wo...