Operation: Stay Alive

Da alyssa4everr

Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents deci... Altro

Welcome
♦ Chapter 1 || Their 'Business' Trip ♦
♦ Chapter 2 || I'm So Sorry ♦
♦️ Chapter 3 || Who doesn't like Cake♦️
♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️
♦️ Chapter 5 || Snow Day ♦️
♦️ Chapter 6 || Drunk Jake ♦️
♦️ Chapter 7 || Teddy is Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️
♦️ Chapter 9 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️
♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️
♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️
♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️
♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️
♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️
♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️
♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️
♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️
♦️ Chapter 21 || Beginners Luck ♦️
♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️
♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️
♦️ Chapter 24 || It's My Fault ♦️
♦️ Chapter 25 || Best Day Ever ♦️
♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️
♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️
♦️ Chapter 28 || Movie Night ♦️
♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️
♦️Chapter 30 || Secrets ♦️
♦️ Chapter 31 || I Half Lied ♦️
♦️ Chapter 32 || Do You Have Any Queens ♦️
♦️ Chapter 33 || Go get 'em big boy ♦️
♦️ Chapter 34 || It's Never Too Cold For Ice Cream ♦️
♦️ Chapter 35 || That's My Girl ♦️
♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️
♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️
♦️ Chapter 39 || Wait Whatttttt? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 40 || Let's Do It♦️
♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️
♦️ Chapter 42 || Whipped ♦️
♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️
♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️
♦️ Chapter 45 || So This is What My Life Has Become? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️
♦️ Chapter 47 || Who? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 48 || Why? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 49 || What Are You Going to Do? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 50 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 51 || Home ♦️
♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️
Thank You

♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️

20.8K 656 394
Da alyssa4everr

Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's Mom (Ann) POV * *

  "What?" I shouted into the phone.

I must have misheard him. Nicole? Almost kidnapped? Hurt? Impossible?

God d*** it. Did I not teach her anything?!

I looked over at Ryan who gestured for me to hand him the phone and of course as I did as he said, I didn't want to hear the story anyway.

Who would even want Nicole anyway? There's nothing special about her. There's more special things about me than her. Then it dawned on me, the only logical explanation was that her kidnapper was insane and has no taste in women.

"Is she alright?" Ryan spat into the phone while standing up, "Can I speak to her?"

I rolled my eyes, she is fine Ryan calm down.

Ryan rushed his hands through his hair furiously.

God I love it when he is like this.

"She's what? Unconscious?" He questioned, "Is she hurt?"

What do you think Ryan? If someone almost got kidnapped do you think the victim would get hurt?

He sighed "Thank the lord. Please send my thanks to the man."

What man?!

Ryan listened into the phone, he placed his hand on his heart.

"Jake Vance? Jill Vance's son?" He asked, "Is he okay?"

Jake? What on earth was he doing there? Was he okay?

"Please let him know we are eternally great full and no words can describe how thankful we are." He said.

For what??

"Please keep up updated on her situation? We will call her as soon as possible." He nodded, "Goodbye sir and thank you"

He hung up the phone, "Well?" I demanded.

He plopped on the bed next to me while putting his hand on my thigh, "Nicole is okay."

No $h** Sherlock. I forced a smile onto my face, "but what happened?"

"Nicole actually used self defense against the man. He had a gun against her and a knife. She's so smart Nicole. If only I could have been there for her-"

I cut him off "What else?"

He looked me in the eyes "As she was escaping she fell-"

Classic Nicole.

"The man was about to shoot her when Jake Vance. Yes, Jake Vance, Jill's son, comes out of nowhere and starts beating up the guy" he paused "He saved Nicole's life."

Mixed emotions traveled through me.

What was Jake doing there anyway? Why would he want to help her? I mean she is such an outsider, she talks to no one and does anything and everything to please her parents.

I internally groaned, she is a parents dream child, but not mine.

* * Nicole's POV * *

My feet ache as I finally enter the school.

I can't believe I was so stupid to think that Jake Vance was actually nice and some what cared.

I pushed a piece of my brown hair behind my ear and began to walk towards my locker.

As I walked I noticed people glancing at me. They seemed to look at me then turned around and whisper. I could only wish I was invisible.

I bring my hands up to the collar of my hoodie and keep my hands resting there for security that my cut was not showing.

I hate to admit this but I've always known when someone is talking about me. If a person is far away and whispering to someone about me I know. I wish I couldn't though. It's a curse I can't get rid of and I can't help it. But the catch is, I only know when people are talking bad about me. It's like I'm over cautious and my ears pick up anything that involves me getting verbally abused. My eyes can tell by just one look if someone was or is talking bad about me. It's something I have to live with and I don't know how to stop.

Avoiding everybody I finally reached my locker. I open the locker door to take my textbooks out but soon everything that was knocked out of my hands by a large force that collided with me causing me and my books to fall to the ground.

I put my hand to my forehead when a dark and mysterious voice speaks "I am so sorry."

I looked up and a man with bright blue eyes and blonde hair with brown low lights was standing over me. His tall and muscular frame is all I can see as he bends down to pick up my books.

I don't say anything as he quickly gathers all my books into his arms. Once he finished gathering all my belongings rested in his arms he stuck out one of his hands to me, with all my belonging resting on the other arm.

I stared at the hand. Examining it more than I should. Who is this guy? Why is he helping me? Usually people bang into me, laugh then leave, but not him.

A genuine smiles forms on his face, "I won't bite. I promise."

I feel small amounts of red seep into my cheeks as he spoke. I slowly rested my small hand in his large one. His hands were rough but his touch was soft. Once our hands were together he lifted me to my feet. I could have easily stood by up myself but this man clearly felt as if I needed help.

I stared at the guy in front of me, I've seen him before but where?

I reach to take someone my books when he steps back and says "No let me. It's the least I can do Nicole."

I raised an eyebrow, how does he know my name. I'm not one to talk to guys so I would remember if we had met before at school.

He recognized my confusion and chuckled "We met at the party last night."

My eyes widened, it was Liam.

"Oh yeah" I says quietly.

He smiled again and some dimples form on his cheeks. He had some small freckles on his cheeks but they weren't noticeable unless you were actually looking for them.

I quickly reverted my gaze to the ground when I realized that I was staring at him, and I know he knew I was.

"Let me escort you to class" he says causing me to look at him again.

"Oh no, you really don't have to. It's fine-" I protest until I was cut off.

"It's no big deal. Honestly, where are you heading?" He asks.

I give in to him and say "History"

"I'm heading in that direction too" he stated as he shuts my locker door and walks me to class.

There was silence for a moment until it was broken by his words "So how have you been?"

You mean besides the fact I was almost kidnapped? Pretty good.

"Good" is all I say.

Realizing I need to continue the conversation I say "how about you."

"I've been good but better because I stumbled into you" he says as he glances over at me.

I looked at the ground, I could feel my face turn beet red.

The rest of the way was silent, the only sounds that came from us were our footsteps and our breathing. Mine was obviously heavier than his.

We reached the class room when he carefully handed me my books. He looked me in the eyes, pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear and said softly "see ya around."

As he began to step back he brought his hand down from my hair to my arm, his fingers lightly traveled down my arm causing shivers to spiral through me.

I looked at the ground blushing.

He smiled and just like that he left.

I was left in the doorway of the class in wonder.

What was that about?

• • •

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose

XOXO ❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

119K 3.2K 46
She puts on a mask that portrays that she's happy and everything is fine. But that's just it, everything is "fine". She's lived her life in fear, no...
To Love Again Da wm<3

Storie d'amore

1.5M 39.8K 47
Ella used to always be in the shadows shy, and lets people walk over her ,and treat her badly, but an incident happened which changed her , leavin...
193 3 14
What Clarissa didn't expect in her life was to find her home open to multiple criminals. Her parents playing saviour to juvenile delinquents meant he...
284K 10K 42
Jessica Stewart. Her middle name is trouble. Wherever she steps her foot into, she will cause some kinda trouble, and that is guaranteed. Her roommat...