The Lost Diary

By DaErudite

[ Updated everyday; need to finish before June; dedications for free just PM me. ] Sarah was just a normal gi... More

Introduction
Prologue
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv

II

17.3K 608 128
By DaErudite

Chapter 2 - The Journey Begins

I woke up late and stressed because of what happened to John. What the hell was he thinking? That he would be revived? Be resurrected? That he'll live again? Was he taking drugs?

I wanted to rest and do nothing today, but since I'm starving and it's 11 am, I hopped off my bed and ran downstairs then I saw John's diary on my sofa. When I picked it up, it felt heavier than I thought.

Then I remembered that it contained every thought, every memory of John. So I opened it.

I flipped quickly through the pages. So this is the diary he's been writing in all his life. I wonder what secrets he kept in here.

I ran upstairs, locking the door for some privacy and jumped on my bed. I lost my hunger and I completely forgot to eat my breakfast.

"Hey John, can I read your diary? I know it's stupid to talk to ghosts, but can you please show a sign if it's a yes?"

A few seconds later I felt chills in my hands. I think it's a sign from John, giving me permission to read his diary.

I began to read the first page. The handwriting was beautiful and elegant. Looked like John has put a lot of effort in here.

--
'Introduction:
Name: John Smith
Address: 56th Street of Nerville

Bio: Hello there, Sarah. Who I'm sure is reading this right now!'
--

This is totally exciting. He didn't allow me to read this when he's alive, but I don't know what's with him now. Maybe he wants to tell me a secret. I turned the page and saw the first entry. Full of his pictures when he was young and with a caption of 'HAPPY!'.

--
'Entry #1 - My First Birthday

This entry is all about the things my mother told me when I was born. She told me that I'm so naughty and that I destroyed her new phone, her expensive dress and a lot more. She also told me that I cried like a lady when they're sleeping. I was so noisy and annoying when I was a child. She also told me that they're happy that I was born, so they gave me an awesome birthday party.

*a photo of him in his birthday party*

I'm so happy and lucky that I have them. Thank God for giving me a lovable family.'
--

This entry is cute, including the picture. I'm going to get this and paste it on my scrapbook.

"There!" I said as I paste his picture on my scrapbook. "I wonder if you miss me, John." I said, trying to talk to him but it was no use.

"Sarah! Come down here and eat your lunch!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I looked at my wrist watch and saw the time. 12:30 PM.

"Coming, mom!" I yelled as I cleaned the mess I made in my room. I put down the diary on the table, next to my laptop.

After I ate my brunch, my mom gave me some tasks, errands and house chores so when I finished, it was already 4:30 PM.

I went back in my room and picked up John's diary again then read the second entry.

--
'ENTRY #2 - Oh, I Can Read?

So this chapter is all about the thing that happened when I was 4 years old. My mom would always get mad because I read the letter A as E and vice versa. She wanted me to read a paragraph, but I couldn't. She said that I was dumb and that's ok because I was. When I learned how to read the words, my next problem was the pronunciation. I read the word "stop" as "step" and vice versa. Again, my mom was upset.
When I was five, I tried to read the paragraph my mom gave to me before. I practiced reading it until I got the hang of it. After a week, I wanted to impress my mom so I read it in front of her. She gave me a hug, a kiss, and a round of applause. I was so happy because for the first time, my mom was proud of me. I love my mom.
My mom also told me that when I took a bath, I always punched her in the face because I was afraid of the water. That fear was gone when I tried to swim in our swimming pool when I was nine. This is a picture of me and my mom when I was 6 years old.'

*picture of John and his mom*
--

I remembered when I was five my mom and dad gave me dolls. I didn't find them entertaining because I was only interested in learning how to read and write. They said that reading and writing can be learned at school and you must learn good values when you're at home. They always give me what I wanted and I felt so spoiled.

I wanted to finish and publish this story I had in mind. Of course, it's dedicated to John since I had the idea from his diary.

My mom called me to eat dinner. I looked at my wrist watch and it's already 6 pm.
I went down to pick up the meal because l wanted to eat my dinner inside my room. I really want to finish this book now and I'm a little bit pressured.

I finished eating my dinner and my story has only 4 pages, but I wanted five. I'll finish this tomorrow. I will go to sleep, but before that I'll pray first.

"Lord, please protect and guide me and my loved ones always. Thank you for all the good things you've done to me and please forgive me from all my sins and transgressions. Oh, and please guide John to Heaven. Amen." I prayed.

I was in a deep sleep when I heard something. I woke up and I saw a cat. It was kinda weird, but I managed to go back to sleep. I woke up hours later and remembered something. I did have a strange dream about John.

--
*flashback*

John was going somewhere, but something is blocking him. He wanted to go to the other side of a wall-like gate. The gate is full of words that I didn't understand. He told me that I must find 7 keys to open the gate.

"What? Wait. I'm a little bit confused. Explain this to me, please. " I said.

"There's no time. I gotta go. Bye!" He said waving his hands to me.

*end of flashback*
--

"What the-? What happened? Was that... John?" I asked myself, confused.

If that was John, then he is not in Heaven. He had been blocked by a wall on his way to Heaven. After that, I couldn't remember anything. I also noticed that his diary is on the floor. I picked it up, flipped the pages, and saw a bookmark falling from the diary. I picked it up and read the message that's on it.

--
'Find the things that make you smile and it will free your spirit.'
--

What's with this quote? I wanted to go to the cemetery to ask him. I know it's so stupid to ask ghosts, but you'll never know what can happen. I got my shoulder bag and packed it with things, including the diary. I arrived at the cemetery an hour after preparing and I found John's grave easily. I ran my fingers over the letters engraved into the stone. "For what I have done, And for what I have failed to do, I am sorry".

I set my shoulder bag beside the grave marker and tried to talk to him.

"Hey John. What's with the quote? I don't understand," I said.

A gust of wind blew against my face and whispered unfamiliar words in Latin or Greek. I saw John holding a pen and writing some words in the diary, He turned to look at me and wink. After that, he's gone. Shivers went down my spine. The diary fell and the wind went still. I hadn't noticed my knees were shaking until I almost fell.

"John, you scared me!" I shouted then ran and left the cemetery. I went back home, went in my room, locked the door and read the note John wrote in the diary.

--
'Find the 7 Keys of Happiness. It's the only way I can go to Heaven peacefully and safe.'
--

I opened my iPod and listened to Stay The Night by Zedd ft. Hayley Williams. Then I began writing another chapter to my story.

Finally. I finished the book and decided to review it next week.

**

I woke up because I heard some noises again. The noise was the same as last night's but only now it was louder. I went downstairs and noticed that my parents weren't there. They left a note and beside it was money and a pizza box.

--
'Sarah, we will be gone for a week. Your dad is on a business trip and I'm going with him. Here's your pizza and some money for you to buy food while we're gone. Love lots. Good luck with your story!
x -Love Mom and Dad'
--

Aww, that's sweet. Thank you mom and dad. I love you so much.

I went to my room and noticed that the wind was getting stronger and stronger. The diary was floating again and the words written in it read: "The First Key to Happiness."

"John? Is that you? Can you at least give me a hand for this? I'm so confused right now." I said, but no one responded. The wind stopped.

Maybe he has plans for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 2.1K 82
an eighteen-year-old boy, trying his best to save his ass from being whipped by his soon-to-be husband, and at the same time, he wants to get away wi...
1M 43K 90
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
2M 100K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
117K 439 33
Smut 18+ ONLY! ⚠️WARNING⚠️ ⚠️CONTAINS MUTURE CONTENT⚠️ ⚠️VERY SEXUAL 18+⚠️ 22 year old Raven Johnson is just going to her yearly doctors appointment...