IV

Chapter 4 - Birthday Surprise

As we entered, I realized I had forgotten something. I had forgotten everything. I forgot why I was there, what my name was, who I was. Everything. I felt like there was something wrong with me. That girl stole my memory from me. That's right. That girl stole my memory.

"Give me my memory back," I commanded as tears began to flow from my eyes. I couldn't believe I was being fooled again.

"It's mine now and you can't do anything about it." Yeah she's right. I'm nobody. I'm not important. I'm not valuable. I can't fight myself. I'm weak.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA." Her evil laugh made me cry even harder. I tried to look at her. She had changed in her appearance. She looked like a witch now. She was holding something bright. My memory. I tried to focus on the brightness and luckily, I can remember some of the things that she stole.

My name is Sarah Sanchez. That was right. I remembered my name. That surname that changed my life.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA." Why the hell is she laughing like that? Was there something in me? Something funny about me? No.

I have a best friend named John Smith. Yeah. The only friend that I could trust, but now he's gone. He left me, alone and crying. I knew it was not his fault that he committed suicide, but I couldn't help myself crying as his memories tore at my heart.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA." She laughed again, although nothing was funny.

He did commit suicide. The suicide that made me cry all night. The suicide that made me say that I'm not even worth it to have a friend. That suicide that changed my life.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA." She was laughing louder and louder. My memories came rushing back.

But he can't go to Heaven. Yeah, he can't go to Heaven, that's why I'm here to help him. Why am I even helping him? It's because I trust him and once I trust someone, I'll never fail them.

"HAHAHAHAHA."

Because he needed The 7 Keys of Happiness. That key of happiness. I wish I could also have that key to my own happiness. Those happy memories and experiences. I want those. I need those.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

And I'm the only one who can find it. Sadly, I was the only one who can do it. Why me? It's because John trusted me. He trusted me to do this. I can complete this. I can finish this.

"Stop," a guy said. His face looks very familiar to me. Like I've seen him before.

"Give her memory back."

"Over my dead body." You already look like a dead person.

"As you wish," he quickly slashed her in half and she scattered into pieces. I'm kinda shocked at first, but then he looks nice to me. He's coming closer and closer until we're just a meter apart.

"Here, take this." He said as he put the shining thing on my head. I remember him now. His name is John. He was the reason why I'm here.

"I'm scared. Please take me home." I said, disgusted by the smell. It smelled like a rotten corpse.

"You need to find your way out. I gotta go. Good luck." he waved goodbye and disappeared. I tried to close my eyes for a second and when I opened them I was in the room again. The room where I met the "fake Sarah". I should never trust someone so quickly again. I also found an envelope in my bag. A letter from John.

--
'You can do it. '
--

'Wow John, very inspirational,' I thought sarcastically.

"Sarah. I've been looking all over for you. Come over here," the maid said. "We've been looking for you all over this mansion. Where have you been?"