XIII

Chapter 13 - Accidentally

Steven's POV

Do you know that feeling when you suddenly woke up then see blurry images while getting dizzy? Well, I'm experiencing it now. When I rubbed my eyes, I saw Ellen heading towards me, holding the watch which can travel us in the past or future.

"I stopped the time. Come on," I noticed that the background looks red again. It looked like everything is painted red. Except for us, of course.

"Where?" Seriously. Where are we going?

"No time for questions." She said and handed me a bracelet. "That will protect you if someone in the past sees you."

I wore the bracelet and quickly said thank you. She took my hand and pulled me towards the opened door. We headed downstairs and saw Sarah preparing our breakfast. She's painted in red.

She's looks like she's looking for something. What is she looking for when she could just summon it?

"Can you find Princess? She needs to be here." She said while finding Princess in the room. I checked under the table, bed and Princess' mini-house, but there were no signs for her. Ellen used her magic to get Princess, but she said that Princess is not in this place.

"invenies" She said. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?"

"I'm casting a spell. You'll learn it soon."

"I thought you're a time traveler. Not some sort of a witch."

"Don't be stupid. Come on. We need to go back in the past before the spell vanishes." She said and takes my hand. "I want you to close your eyes and think of nothing. We can't travel if you're thinking about something."

I did what she said and managed to calm myself down. After a few seconds, I felt so dizzy that wanted to puke. I tried to open my eyes but Ellen stopped me.

"No. We're not there yet. Don't open your eyes because you might get blind." She said and I nodded.

"Open your eyes." She said and I followed her. I saw our house.

"Is there anything wrong here?"

"Look around." I looked back and saw Sarah and the past me dressed for a beach party. I remember this. It's the day where Princess saved us from the deja vu.

Then something hit me.

That's it.

I grabbed Ellen's hand so she's now facing me. "Are we going to stop the deja vu thingy?"

"We aren't. Our mission is to leash the powers of Princess."

"You mean, in the past, Princess doesn't have powers?"

"Yes. But she's the only cat who's left in her kingdom and only she can stop this bullshit."

"You can cuss?" I asked in surprise. I never thought that sweet girls like her can curse.

"There's nothing special about it. I can speak anything I want to. Like bullshit, crap, shit, fu-" I covered my hand on her mouth so that she won't say any more words.

"Okay I get it. So let's get moving?" I asked and she just nodded then I followed her like I'm a lost puppy and she's my master. Apparently, I don't want to be a dog. I'm a cat lover like duh.

I noticed past Sarah and past me were no longer in the place.

"Where are they?"

"It's almost 10AM and they probably left because they needed to attend the pool party. Remember?"