xxi

Chapter 21 - Her Mysterious Return Editing in Progress

Steven's POV

I can sense something good that will happen today. I woke up with the smell of bacon and eggs coming downstairs. I can see that Ellen got asleep in the couch so I put a blanket in her sleepy body and went downstairs. I saw the mini version of me cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh Nicholo, you're awake. Are you alright? I'm so worried. If something bad happens to you, I'll never forgive myself." I gasped to what he's saying. I feel tears forming in my eyes again.

"Um-mm, thanks for worrying Steven but you don't need to feel bad. I'm-" He cut me off.

"No, you helped me when I was lonely out there and in a miserable situation, my dad would thank you if-" he sobbed, "someone would do that to me." He cried as his arms covered his face.

I did not remember this when I was a child. All I know that I run until I reached the church and they let me in for a few days.

I instantly hugged him as he hugged back and cried in my chest. I don't remember this. It maybe alters the future but I couldn't care less.

He stopped crying a few minutes later.

"Oh. Your breakfast is already done. You can eat while I'll wash the laundry," He said and ran away from me. I followed him from my eye and he stopped. "Thank you, Nicholo."

And he continued all his way to the room. I was never that emotional before, until now. I shrugged and made my way upstairs to wake Ellen up. We need to find the twins before they make a mess.

**

"Steven, hush up. 10 more minutes." Ellen muttered as I begin to shake her body again and again until she feel asleep. I slapped her cheeks, making it red in pain. She arose like a dead few seconds after with her eyes open wide.

"Did you just bitch-slap me, mister?" She said.

"Ellen, no time for jokes we need to get going. We still need to find Austin and Angela before something happens," I said as she shuffled around and shook her head. "Follow me if you're done fixing yourself. The mini version of myself cooked some breakfast." And I left her in the room.

I silently eat in the dining table thinking how my parents died yesterday. It's the second time I see them dying and if I'm fast enough, I'm sure that I can save them. But I can't. I'm weak.

I'm useless. Just like the priest said.

My eyes stung in pain as I feel that my tears are going to flow again. 'No!' I said to myself that I will not cry anymore. I am strong and I'll prove them wrong.

Ellen went down and joined me after ten minutes. She looked so refreshed and I think I look like a mess. I hate my body.

We ate silently and I put the plates in the sink as Ellen washed them. We always work like a team. If she's going to wash then I'm going to dry the plates and vice versa. It's our routine when we're in Sarah's...

Sarah.

Oh shit! We forgot her. The plate swift off my hands as I remember what happened to her. I thought that the plate will shatter and make some noise but apparently, it didn't.

"Gosh Steven! If you're mad don't include the innocent saucer," She said sarcastically that made me chuckle. "But seriously, what's happening to you?"

"Nothing much. Just thinking about what happened to Sarah." As I mentioned her name, Ellen's face panicked quickly.

"Oh yeah, we totally forgot her. Well, we should find her too. If we can." She said and I just nod in agreement. I wonder where the hell Sarah is right now. What if she got killed?