II

Chapter 2 - The Journey Begins

I woke up late and stressed because of what happened to John. What the hell was he thinking? That he would be revived? Be resurrected? That he'll live again? Was he taking drugs?

I wanted to rest and do nothing today, but since I'm starving and it's 11 am, I hopped off my bed and ran downstairs then I saw John's diary on my sofa. When I picked it up, it felt heavier than I thought.

Then I remembered that it contained every thought, every memory of John. So I opened it.

I flipped quickly through the pages. So this is the diary he's been writing in all his life. I wonder what secrets he kept in here.

I ran upstairs, locking the door for some privacy and jumped on my bed. I lost my hunger and I completely forgot to eat my breakfast.

"Hey John, can I read your diary? I know it's stupid to talk to ghosts, but can you please show a sign if it's a yes?"

A few seconds later I felt chills in my hands. I think it's a sign from John, giving me permission to read his diary.

I began to read the first page. The handwriting was beautiful and elegant. Looked like John has put a lot of effort in here.

--
'Introduction:
Name: John Smith
Address: 56th Street of Nerville

Bio: Hello there, Sarah. Who I'm sure is reading this right now!'
--

This is totally exciting. He didn't allow me to read this when he's alive, but I don't know what's with him now. Maybe he wants to tell me a secret. I turned the page and saw the first entry. Full of his pictures when he was young and with a caption of 'HAPPY!'.

--
'Entry #1 - My First Birthday

This entry is all about the things my mother told me when I was born. She told me that I'm so naughty and that I destroyed her new phone, her expensive dress and a lot more. She also told me that I cried like a lady when they're sleeping. I was so noisy and annoying when I was a child. She also told me that they're happy that I was born, so they gave me an awesome birthday party.

*a photo of him in his birthday party*

I'm so happy and lucky that I have them. Thank God for giving me a lovable family.'
--

This entry is cute, including the picture. I'm going to get this and paste it on my scrapbook.

"There!" I said as I paste his picture on my scrapbook. "I wonder if you miss me, John." I said, trying to talk to him but it was no use.

"Sarah! Come down here and eat your lunch!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I looked at my wrist watch and saw the time. 12:30 PM.

"Coming, mom!" I yelled as I cleaned the mess I made in my room. I put down the diary on the table, next to my laptop.

After I ate my brunch, my mom gave me some tasks, errands and house chores so when I finished, it was already 4:30 PM.

I went back in my room and picked up John's diary again then read the second entry.

--
'ENTRY #2 - Oh, I Can Read?

So this chapter is all about the thing that happened when I was 4 years old. My mom would always get mad because I read the letter A as E and vice versa. She wanted me to read a paragraph, but I couldn't. She said that I was dumb and that's ok because I was. When I learned how to read the words, my next problem was the pronunciation. I read the word "stop" as "step" and vice versa. Again, my mom was upset.
When I was five, I tried to read the paragraph my mom gave to me before. I practiced reading it until I got the hang of it. After a week, I wanted to impress my mom so I read it in front of her. She gave me a hug, a kiss, and a round of applause. I was so happy because for the first time, my mom was proud of me. I love my mom.
My mom also told me that when I took a bath, I always punched her in the face because I was afraid of the water. That fear was gone when I tried to swim in our swimming pool when I was nine. This is a picture of me and my mom when I was 6 years old.'