IX

Chapter 9 - Deja Vu?Part 2

DAY 1

Steven's POV

It's happening! It's happening now. Sarah and the others doesn't know what kind of comet they wished for. It's a true wishing star. I've seen this kind of comet in a book. It really grants wishes to some people, but this can't be. I want to stop it, but I can't. I can't move. I can see and hear them enjoying the night as if nothing happen. I should stop it, but how? My memories will fade tomorrow because of the reset. Should I tell Sarah about this? I don't think she'll understand this. I need to research more about this.

"Sarah!" I shouted and Sarah quickly came to me out of nowhere.

"What is it my dear?"

"I'll just go to my room. Bye!" I said, waving my hand to her. I need to research more about this strange phenomena.

As I entered my room, I found the book that I read last morning. I knew I brought it here! I knew it!!

Finally, I found it, after 15 minutes or less. I heard Sarah's calling me to eat dinner and I went to the kitchen, bringing the book with me.

I'm scared of what will happen after midnight. According to the book I've read, the reset will start at 12AM. It means that weーor let us sayーI, have less than an hour to fix this. I'm not prepared. I'm not ready. I can't do this.

"Hey Steven, you okay bro?" Jeremy said and my thoughts quickly faded. I nodded and started eating while others are still murmuring about something. I'm too occupied thinking about what will happen later that I never noticed Sarah calling me.

"Steven, is there something wrong?" Sarah asked, raising her eyebrow at me. Should I tell her about this? I'm not yet sure about what will happen.

"Nothing. I'll go to my room now. Night." Yeah, I lied because I'm not yet sure about what will happen. I need more proof and I'll read more about the book. I'll resolve this on my own.

"Is there something wrong?" Lanz asked me. I need to breathe. I'm so obvious when I'm having problems.

"Nothing. I just need to think about something." I lied for the second time around. I opened my book so that the awkwardness between the four of us will fade. I looked at my wrist watch.

11:35 PM

Just a few more minutes and I'm not sure if I will lose my memory or not. I try to focus on the book titled "Hyperion" but I can't. I'm perspiring a lot because of my thoughts. What if my memory will fade? What if I can't remember anything tomorrow? What if...

"Jeremy!" MicaElla interrupted my thoughts. We all stare at her like we're going to kill her.

"What?"

"This is just a dare, but could you please bring me to the girl's room in bridal style?" MicaElla asked while Jeremy is shocked by what he heard.

"Sure." We got shocked by Jeremy's answer. Kinda weird, I guess. They look like a sweet couple for me. They are perfect for each other.

As they left, the silence began to spread in the room. Jericho's still playing on his phone while Lanz is writing something on his notepad. The silence stopped when Jeremy came.

"What happen?" Lanz asked Jeremy.

"Nothing much? Just a couple of dare from Katy and I left them."

"Cool."

"Hey Steven are you still reading?" Jericho asked me and my thoughts are fading with each second passes. I need to know something.

"Yeah. I'm reading. I'll just turn the lights off when I'm done." I said as I get the book. I looked again at my wrist watch.