The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

It's a topsy turvy world

214 20 13
By Z0EYYY

The long wait is finally over, I have been crazy busy but I finally managed to type this chapter out, I have big news to reveal to you all which is why ive been busy but like everything, all in good time. I hope you like this chapter, some of you made some accurate guesses. The next chapter will be the big reveal which I will upload next Monday! So till then, review, maybe I'll type it out sooner. :D

Negative reviews are always welcomed, I have been getting a lot of those, but honestly I couldn't care less, I write for myself and for those who have been with me from the beginning and who will stay with me till the end. There is much more to my story than a love story which most people don't get or don't have the patience for. Also I think people forget that I had around 50 chapters for The Betrothed, chapter numbers aren't pre-planned but they are written whenever I can so just because The Betrayal has 34 doesn't mean it's ending, there always more to the story.

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

It's a topsy turvy world.

It was in an instant, as if a memory had just come back to me. Somehow I knew in my heart that the dream about my kidnapping with Sloan, Lincoln and the scarred man had been real, that the girls who had died in the bathroom were real people with real families too.

That the scarred man who came to the café everyday was the scarred man who had kidnapped me. The same one who followed me around, the same one who was at the clothes outlet... He was the scarred man standing in front of us.

Next to him stood tall a regal looking man, a man who's eyes looked so familiar yet so different. Behind them stood many men who looked as if they could be part of the secret service. They looked more vigil and intimidating than the castle guards including Demetri, which was saying something.

My mind raced. Was this a siege?

My father gasped and dropped his glass of champagne, which shattered on the floor as he rushed to the two men.

"Brother! Father! You're alive??" he hugged them as soon as he reached them. He shot them with questions as to how it was possible and the like.

My mind raced. My heart raced.

Robert.. my father, my real father was alive? My grandfather Benjamin was alive? How? Why? What?

Most importantly, why was I kidnapped and tortured by my own family??

Everyone, especially the Royals looked as white as a ghost.

'Calm down.' David whispered in my head.

They lied. They always lie. I was angry, confused and plain exhausted with my family coming back from the supposed death.

Grandpa Christian went towards my grandfather smiling and said "Old friend. I am glad to see you alive and well."

But he received a cold welcome. When he spoke it was as if I was hypnotized, my mind went blank.

"I am Benjamin Cromwell Mason, King of this landing, here for my throne." His voice so smooth and deep, the second he said that everyone in the audience bowed down.

David had been standing next to me and he too bowed.

'What are you doing?!' I pushed into his head, flabbergasted.

I received no reply. King Edward looked at his son and surprised and angry he too bowed down.

Everyone did including my parents, Grandpa Christian. But I had yet to bow down.

'Elizabeth.. bow down.' David whispered in my head.

'No.' I said defiantly.

That defiance did not go unnoticed by my grandfather.

He smiled and looked at Robert "She's just like you."

"Bring me the crown." He said to no one in particular.

The person who I recall placed the crown onto David during his coronation, went to Edward and held out his hand.

It seemed he handed it over albeit a little grudgingly.

The man headed over to my grandfather. "I have had my time, crown my son. The rightful ruler."

"No." said Robert surprisingly. He took the crown and started walking towards me "My daughter is the rightful ruler."

He reached me and lightly pushed a hair away from my face "you look just like your mother. That was her crown. Mary-Anne, your mother would've been so proud."

Just as I was about to refuse, refuse to be part of this nonsense, refuse to be part of this psychotic family I heard David say in such a harsh voice 'accept it.'

His voice was so strong that I was compelled to bow down and accept the crown as he placed it on my head.

The weight of the crown rest heavy on my head.

When I got up next I saw everyone bow down to me and say "All hail Queen Elizabeth, long live the Queen!"

I looked at David but I couldn't find him in the crowd that had swarmed me. As a matter of fact, I couldn't see Edward, Lindsay, James, Christian or any of the Royals.

Where did they go?

After the congratulatory round and picture session was over, I was beyond exhausted. The gravity and reality of the situation hadn't hit me yet.

I had to talk to David too and my supposedly dead family.

They probably have it in their genes to deceive people and come back to life from the dead.

Once the room was cleared I walked up to them with the man I called Dad.

"Elizabeth. You must be overwhelmed."

"What's going on dad?"

"I want you to meet you real dad. Robert. He's your father. You wanted to know about your family. It's him." He smiled a sad smile.

"You'll always be my dad." I said a little teary. Knowing that my real father would never care for me the way he has. He would be incapable of it because he is the man who kidnapped me, followed me, and terrorized me.

"Come my child." He smiled proudly. "We have much to talk about."

We reached my grandfather Benjamin and Robert. Both of them looked back at me adoringly whereas I looked upon them skeptically.

Do they think this is a joke? They think leaving my father in misery was funny? Do they like to put me through emotional turmoil time and again?

I think I was too used to this so I surprisingly remained calm and collected.

My father asked them. "How are you both still alive? Did Mary-Anne not survive?"

Robert put his hand on my father's shoulder and shook his head. "She was trying to make Elizabeth safe. She unfortunately didn't make it out in time."

"I have missed you brother." Said my father longingly. "Father, you should've told me or something. It was hell going through this."

It was surprising to see how my father had reacted to them. I was sure had the places been exchanged I would've been angry and hurt. Oh wait. I had once gone through this.

"I know son. But it had to be done. No one was supposed to know."

I spoke up "did someone really set the Mason Manor on fire? Or is that just a conspiracy?"

It went quiet real fast. They looked at each other as if they didn't want to tell me.

"This is a conversation that I must have in private with my son."

"But I am your granddaughter. An adult. And a queen as of tonight. Should I not know what befalls my own family?" Certainly this had some benefits and I intend to use them all.

"You are smart indeed. Very well. If you must know then yes. It was an attempt to eradicate us all. We barely made it out. Your father got a scar to always remind him of the tragic night he lost both his wife and daughter."

"No. He didn't lose his daughter. He chose to leave her behind."

That felt like a slap to their faces.

"I love you very much Elizabeth, if only you could understand." Robert said softly.

Internally I was furious. Loved me? Loved me? If he had loved me he wouldn't have done all that to me.

"I think this is a conversation for another time. Let's rest and talk tomorrow." Said my grandfather.

"Okay father. Get some rest." Said my dad.

I walked away from them not having anything much to say with only one thought in mind. 'I have to find David.'

I could sense him a little through our link together. I knew they'd be in their secret room.

Most probably discussing the events before them and how they had been dethroned.

Nothing made sense. David was the future king, with all the State secrets, if anything he should be able to shed some light on what's going on.

I reached the large room where I knew the Royal's would've been but before I entered I could overhear David's father's angry voice. "I wasted my time raising a weak pathetic boy like you! If I knew you would turn out to be like this I might have just killed you when you were little you little shit head. You are a disgrace to me and my family, I should disown you!"

I was a bit taken aback, what had David done to deserve this? It was a bit too harsh, especially since I knew how much his father's approval meant to him. I could feel immense pain and hurt being emitting through our bond.

"What was I suppose to do? I couldn't possibly challenge him then and there for a throne that rightfully belongs in that family-" before he could finish that sentence I heard the sound of a slap.

"Rightfully belongs in that family? Then thank God you little punk didn't get the throne. You don't deserve it. Do you have any idea how hard I've worked to get us here?"

"Father I had no choice-" I heard another slap and winced.

King- I mean Edward was very angry.

"No choice? There's always a choice. You kneeled. That's why we all had to kneel. You know as well as anyone else in that room that you could've easily beat him. You are the strongest vampire. I made sure of that. You little piece of useless shit. Is this what I trained you for? All my effort gone to waste."

"Father, I'm-"

I heard a crash.

"You're what? You're sorry? To disappoint me?"

David remained quiet.

"What? Cat got your tongue now?"

"Whatever I say you're not going-"

I heard another slap.

"That's enough." Said his mother. "You aren't giving him a chance. Whatever he says you raise your hand on him. I raised him to do the right thing. And at that moment it was the right thing. It is their throne that we have been taking care of."

"The throne that they abandoned!! We have been taking care of it for centuries! For more than 500 years! If anything we've earned it."

I could hear him storming out so I hid behind one of the pillars.

I heard James speak up. "He's just-"

He was cut off by a very calm David for someone who just went through that he was very collected. "I had it coming."

"But David-" spoke his mother.

"I just. Give me some time."

I heard them all shuffle towards the door and I hid.

I was proud of David. He really had grown. The old David would've thrown a fit to get rid of everyone around him.

Once I was sure everyone was gone I walked in.

I saw David sitting still as if he was deep in thought.

"David." He wasn't expecting me but he didn't move.

He looked... Finally I could see what I had heard.

His face had blood on him as if his father had punched him in the face but there was no wound. His vampire speed must have healed his scars but how could his emotional scars heal?

His nose, his lip and his cheek had blood on them with blood all over his shirt too. There was a pool of blood on the floor where he sat. Blood was still coming out of him. Where was he bleeding from?

"There's a shard stuck in my back."

He answered my question softly. "I can't reach it."

My eye caught the mess his father must have pushed him in.

It was a broken table and mirror with lots of vase and a mess of broken shards. One of them must have pierced him or maybe more than one.

I walked around him to where I could see his white shirt soaked. I tried my best to take the shard out which ended up cutting me a little too because it was so sharp and lodged in him firmly.

Because of the cut I inhaled sharply which is why he asked me to stop. But my pain was nothing compared to his so I continued to dislodge it.

When it was out I dropped it to the floor. Looking at him so calm, yet so upset I couldn't help but hug him. If I was in his place... With such an abusive father... I don't know what I would've done.

Without thinking I hugged him.

"I don't need you." He said softly but he hugged me back.

His actions said what his words couldn't.

"I know. But I need you." I said hugging him harder.

"I'm okay." His voice shook a little as if trying to convince himself.

"I know.." I whispered back a little as he hugged me harder.

After a moment I said "I don't understand any of this.."

"I think now that you're a Queen you need to know everything that happened before you make any decisions. If anything you need to know who you can trust and who you can't. We need to talk. In private. Meet me in the west wing garden at midnight. I need to get out of these bloody clothes."

I nodded as he walked away.

I decided I should look for Lindsay and James to see how they are doing; they had all been there for me and had acted like my family more than once. In fact, felt more like family than my real one.

On my way, I came face to face with Mike.

"So, that was something. I guess our hunt for the truth is over now."

I nodded. "We weren't getting anywhere anyway, how can someone dig up centuries old information but hey at least we tried."

"You're right."

"Aren't I always?" I said cockily.

"So now that you're Queen, your life will change."

I suddenly noticed, from the corner of my eyes, the security detail that followed David around was standing on duty with me. It made me wonder, wouldn't David and his family still need security to guard them against the million enemies they may have made over the time they were ruling?

"Yeah, I don't think I like this change. When I took over for David, it was exhausting.." I paused and whispered "Especially with my deteriorating health.. I was supposed to tell David today, but things have changed now. I don't know how I will tell anyone. There are many things I don't know, many factors I need to look at before making this decision. I cannot let this power fall into the wrong hands."

He nodded. "As much as I hate to admit it, you are right again. We need to find a solution though."

I looked around uncomfortably. "Is there any way this conversation will go out to anyone else now that I have so many people following me around like secret service?"

"It's unlikely, they are sworn to secrecy and mostly remain silent unless spoken to. They are privy to a lot of state secrets so they are very careful."

"If there was a private meeting or conference I wanted to go to, is there any way I could.."

"Sure, just take the Kings guard and dismiss the others for the hour or so. Dmitri is very loyal but you cannot go anywhere alone. You are a human, David could still manage it because he's one of the strongest out there."

I nodded listening intently.

"Okay, I need to go find Lindsay actually so go get some rest, I'll catch you later."

I had just turned away from him when I noticed my phone vibrate.

Considering half my friends thought I was dead I knew who it was going to be before I even saw it.

Daniel's message read 'tick tock..'

I knew he wanted a decision; whether I would leave everything behind with him or not. He had given me a time limit and I was running out of time.

I texted him back instead of ignoring him like his previous messages, a feeling of impending doom filing me up. 'I'm sorry, I can't. Things have changed, will explain later.'

My eye caught the time on my phones display as 12:00 AM.

"Dmitri, I need to go somewhere, please dismiss the guards for now until further notice."

He nodded in a stern manner and after dismissing them followed me to my destination.

By the time I got there, David was already sitting on a bench and waiting for me.

"Are you ready to hear the truth?"

"The truth about what?"

"About everything. About us."

To be honest I was a bit scared.

-Z

I have not edited this chapter at all and written it in bits and pieces so please forgive me for any errors.

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers. ;)

%=��꾵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 0 6
The sequel to TORN....The story continues.
174 1 30
This is the sequel to Troubles Don't Last Always. If you haven't read part one already, please do so before reading part 2 so that there won't be an...
39 8 18
Completed! Still Editing! Two heart met and fall in love. Both are for the first time lovers. Taking things slowly as their love for each other grows...
11.8K 475 53
Sequel To Broken Yet So Amazingly Perfect. I Know... I Know It's Been A Long Time Waiting (Lol See What I Did There) Anyways Hope You Enjoy It. Warni...