Seven Deadly Colors Of The Ra...

By Sortie-Pants

A young lady has been found dead in her bathtub at her apartment. At first glance anyone could rule it as an... More

Rainy Night
What Comes After Rain?
Late Night, Early Morning And A Date.
Hello Jessica
Check Up
New Victim
Questions
Details
Searching
Leads?
Everything Is Not As It Seems
Secrets
Victim Number One
204
Press Release
Rain Rain, Go Away
Messy
To Catch A Cook
Dead End
Interrogation
Charlie Charles Charles
Showers Of All Sorts
One More Time
Stranger Things
Help Me Understand
Testing Us
To Be Or Not To Be
Nothing Into something
Make Me Cry
Die For You
Back To The Past
Retrace Our Steps
Time
Number Seven
New Beginnings

Tell Us What You Know

87 11 0
By Sortie-Pants

The lawyer led us through a series of corridors until we reached a unmarked brown door. We went inside and the lawyer started pacing the almost empty room.

"Please Mr Olive, take a seat."
The disheveled man threw himself down onto a plastic chair which struggled to maintain his weight.
"Tell us about your date with Ms Rachel." Detective Sutherland whipped out a notepad when he was through speaking.

"Okay. First we went to see a movie, then we went directly to the restaurant. It was a first date so I tried my best to impress her. I told her to get anything she wanted and she ran with it. The most expensive dishes came to our table. After that we were eating desert and I ordered a bottle of red wine. It spilled and caught her new dress." The lawyer expelled all that in one breath.

Patrick was scribbling furiously on the notepad while I nodded my head several times.

"After that she got up and I chased her but she slapped me and I fell. When I recovered she was already gone." The man buried his head in his hands.
"I can't believe someone murdered her! This is surreal. If only I was more persistent-"

"We don't know if she was murdered." My partner closed his notepad and faced the lawyer. "She was found dead at her apartment, in the bathtub, electrocuted. It could be a simple accident, we're are not sure."

I studied Gerald's reaction closely, his shoulders stiffened a bit and he raised his head.
"How do you know Rachel?"

"Uhm, on an online dating sight; Singles To Mingle." Gerald Olive's face turn beet red.

My eyes narrowed as I sized up the man. Many thoughts ran through my mind.

If he was lying, he was an average liar at best. He could easily have killed her but I doubt it. No fingerprints were found at the scene of the crime, no hair strands, no DNA, no shoe print. I hate to admit it but this case was verging more towards suicide than homicide.

After a few more questions we left the man alone and went to the Station. A late lunch of sandwiches but we relished them.
Detective Sutherland showed me all his scribblings and I entered them in the case file belonging to the victim.
All other evidence like crime scene photos and the hairdryer were bagged and tagged.

I looked at the time, the clock on the wall was saying 6:25; only a few more hours. Once 24 hours have passed and we have no substantial evidence a case like this had to written off.

I wasn't going to stay here until nightfall so bidding everyone a goodnight, I went home and told my wife about this puzzling case.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 16
Two of the best detectives,Carson and Stella, are now paired up with eachother but theres one issue, they make a crappy team.They are trying to solve...
Rosegold | ONC '24 By Tanu

Mystery / Thriller

278 86 19
Rose Veretta is the heartbeat of the nation. Her smiles on magazine covers are worth a million dollars and to just get one of her clicks was to die f...
332 29 5
''...π’΄π‘œπ“Š π’œπ“‡π‘’ π‘€π“Ž π‘…π’Άπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒ π’Ÿ'Γͺ𝓉𝓇𝑒..." Serial Murders have been happening all over town for eights months and no one was able to crack t...
915 127 32
In the heart of a bustling city of L.A., Valeria Jackson, a renowned FBI detective, finds herself embroiled in the hunt for a notorious serial killer...