Sidemen One Shots (boyxboy)

By floralsdmn

A book of boyxboy One Shots/Preferences that I've written about the Sidemen. I do accept requests, just comme... More

Request a One Shot
Take One For The Team [Zerkstar]
Fixing Your Insecurities [Minizerk]
Why Do You Hate Me? [Wroetozerk]
Fix a Heart [Vobi]
The First Punch [Ksimon]
Kind Of In Love With You [Minishaw]
Under The Weather [Minizerk]
It's Always Been You [Zerkstar]
Dirty Little Secret [Kstar]
Hide With a Smile [Ksishaw]
Fixing Your Broken Heart [Ksimon]
Soulmates [Wroetostar]
Breakeven [Behzerka]
The Differences Between Us [Wroetofreezy]
Holiday Surprises [Ksimon]
More Than Friends [Emon]
I Promised [Emon]
Trapped [Ksimon]
How To Save a Life [Zerkstar]
Thunderstorms [Wroetostar]
Secret Admirer [Minishaw]
Can't Pretend [Vikklan]
Not Good Enough [Minizerk]
Cry [Ksimon]
Golf [Calstar]
Diss Track [Emon]
Festive Spirit [Zerkstar]
Christmas Eve [Ksimon]
Drowning in Jealousy [Emon]
What's a Soulmate? [Kstar]
A Thousand Miles [Wroetofreezy]
Spillages [Minizerk]
Backflips [Minishaw]
Physical Affection [KsMiniZerk]
I Need You [Minishaw]
Lewis the Loser Part 1 [Minishaw]
Lewis the Loser Part 2 [Kstar]
Twister [Ksimon]
Beside You [Ministar]
Monster Munch [Minizerk]
Intoxicated Love [Minifreezy]
Stabbed [Wroetozerk]
Hot When You're Jealous [Minishaw]
50,000 READS!!!
Building Bridges [Wroetozerk]
Saving Simon [Minizerk]
Good Enough [Wroetofreezy]
Breathe [Ministar]
Spiralling [Minishaw]
Concussion [Wroetozerk]
Baby [MiniZerkShaw]
Sucker For You [WroetoAlexx]
Recovery [Wroetozerk]
Wingman [Ministar]
Consequences [MiniZerkStar]

Slip 'n' Slide [Wroetojzl]

6.7K 77 24
By floralsdmn

Author's Notes: This is based on the Slip 'n' Slide video on YouTube posted by wroetoshaw. I decided to add a few screenshots from the video to fit with the story, and so you can picture what's happening more if you haven't seen the video yet ☺

Harry gets hurt while filming his Slip 'n' Slide video. Tobi would do anything to comfort his best friend and help him through the pain.

Word Count: 4363

~✖~

It was a Thursday afternoon and Harry, Tobi and Callux were setting up the football pitch for Harry's new video, before the others arrived.

"I guess we could move that goal over here and use it to hold the sheet down," Tobi suggested. 

Callum moved the goal, with the help of Tobi, and he raised his arms in triumph when the plastic sheet had finally stopped blowing up, due to the weight of the box holding it down. "Tobi, my man," he slapped the smaller boy on the shoulder. "You, my friend, are a genius." Tobi rolled his eyes.

"I still can't believe you're wearing that," he laughed. "You're such a dickhead."

Callum was wearing a bright green crocodile onesie. He shrugged. "Harry never said that I couldn't," he pointed out. 

"How much water should I pour on?" Harry approached the sheet, carrying two large bottles of water.

Tobi grabbed a bottle of washing up liquid and approached Harry. He unscrewed one of the water bottles and poured about half of the contents of the washing up liquid into the water. "I dunno, enough to cover the sheet? We can add more when we start filming if we need to." Callum nodded in agreement. 

"Hey guys!" JME yelled, strutting across the football pitch to where the three boys were stood.

Callum pulled him into a bro hug. "Alright man?"

"Not too bad cheers, yourself?" he replied.

"I'm good thanks dude," he pulled away and gestured towards the sheet on the ground. "You ready to get messy?"

JME laughed. "I was born ready."

As the taller male greeted Harry and Tobi, Josh, Simon and Lewis approached. Josh and Lewis were sporting matching blue onesies while Simon was wearing a simple football shirt and shorts, like Harry. 

"Nice onesie, brother!" Callum grinned, pulling Lewis into a hug."

Lewis took one look at Callum's own attire before he burst out laughing. "Could say the same for you, mate."

Callum and Harry quickly explained how the Slip 'n' Slide challenge works while Tobi handed out a variety of plastic bags for the guys to attach to their shoes, so that they were more likely to slip over. "I'm going to end up falling on my arse," Josh groaned as he fixed the plastic carrier bags to his feet.

"Don't worry, I think we all will," Simon added with a chuckle.

When the boys were all ready and the cameras were set up, Harry, Lewis and Josh each pressed a record button on each of the cameras and then Harry began to film his intro. 

Callum was stood at the back of the shot, his arms around Tobi, Josh and Simon were on the right and Simon held up his foot to the camera, showing the viewers the plastic carrier bag which was fixed to his shoe. Lewis was at the front of the group in a gangster looking stance, his onesie zipped to the top and his face covered. JME was behind him, leaning his elbow on Lewis' back, while Harry stood in the centre of the group.

"How's it going guys," Harry introduced his video, "and welcome to a penalty shootout," he quickly turned to point at Tobi, "Tobi, get in goal."

Tobi, who was wearing a black and red SDMN shirt, shrugged and broke free of Callum's hold, and ran in the direction of the goal. Lewis unzipped the top of his onesie a little so his face was now visible to the camera. 

"YEAH, GO ON BLACK GOALIE!" Josh roared. Harry slapped the older boy on the arm. He'd have to edit that part out later.

"So,there's a little bit of a twist," Harry continued. "Before we kick the ball, there's a bit of a run up and it's... a Slip 'n' Slide!"

Tobi was sat in the goal and the rest of the boys backed away as Harry poured a little bit more of the soapy water onto the plastic sheet, which was being held down with a few bottles of water and the goal that Callum and Tobi had moved down the pitch earlier. 

Harry walked around the sheet and gently placed a football on the front. He then resumed to his position in front of the camera. "This is the first time trying this, so here we go," Harry exclaimed. 

The other boys began to clap and chant, "Harry, Harry, Harry!" The youngest Sideman ran up to the ball and slipped over the second his foot came into contact with the ball. He slipped off the sheet and landed on his stomach on the turf. The other guys burst into laughter. "Oh no!" he laughed.

Next was JME's turn. "Slip 'n' Slide, Slip 'n' Slide," he sang to the camera, doing some weird dance with his arms.  He ran towards the wet, plastic sheet, and slipped onto his back before his foot had even touched the ball.

The other guys immediately started laughing, tears springing to their eyes. Josh fell onto the ground because he was laughing so hard. JME took this moment of distraction to clamber back to his feet and kick the ball at the goal, but Tobi ended up catching it effortlessly. 

"Hide your kids, hide your wife," Callux pointed to the camera, still wearing his crocodile onesie. 

"Go on Cal!" Lewis shouted as Callum ran towards the ball. 

Callum too slipped on the sheet, but was able to kick the ball with his torso as he slid across the sheet on his side, before rolling onto the turf. "Oh no!" Harry laughed as he slipped over. The ball bounced once before Tobi caught it, and threw it back to Callum. 

Lewis posed for the camera in preparation for his first turn at the challenge. Lewis took a step back, ready to run for the ball. "Fence boy," JME taunted. The last time Lewis featured in one of Harry's videos, 'Football Death Run', a blindfolded Lewis had ended up running into a fence and had to have stitches as a result of cutting his face. 

"Go on!" Simon shouted as Lewis ran across the sheet. 

He felt as if he were about to slip, so resorted to jumping and kicking the ball. His run-and-jump technique worked out well for him, as he kicked the ball considerably hard at the goal, causing Tobi to have to leap and catch the ball. "Oh, Jesus," Harry exclaimed, impressed with his effort.

Next was Simon's turn. He faced the camera and smirked. "Alright, just like Ethan, I'm gonna slide. Just not into the DM's," he smirked.

The boys yelled "oooooh," as Simon ran towards the ball. He kicked the ball just as hard as Lewis had, but it had ended up pummelling over the crossbar. He skidded onto the turf, his long legs spread. He turned to the camera and winked, pointing at it suggestively. He had a feeling that Harry would edit the video by zooming into him and adding some kind of seductive music to the clip.

Tobi ran behind the goal to retrieve the ball and he rolled it back towards the slippery sheet. "That was good," he said, sarcasm dripping from his words.

Josh took his place in front of the camera and jokingly unzipped the bottom part of his onesie, revealing his boxers. Harry smirked, coming up with the idea of editing JJ's face onto Josh's crotch. 

He ran towards the ball. "Aah! Aah!" He screamed, slipping over before he reached the ball. He hit the ball as he slid towards it, but the ball merely rolled a couple of metres. 

Josh resorted to sitting on the turf beside the sheet in defeat. "Keep going!" Lewis cried. Josh attempted to stand up on the sheet, but was quickly crashing to the ground again as his feet slipped on the wet plastic. "You can do it!" Lewis encouraged him. Josh finally pulled himself to his feet and kicked the ball. Tobi was sat on the ground and somehow, Josh still managed to miss the almost open goal. "Oh my god!" Lewis face palmed, while the other guys were roaring with laughter. 

Soon enough, it was Harry's turn to shoot again. "No one's scored yet," he stated, pulling out a mask from beneath his shirt. "It's the time of the horse," he pulled the latex mask over his head.

"That's terrifying," JME laughed. 

Harry, with the horse mask on, ran towards the goal and slipped as he kicked the ball. The ball rolled towards the bottom right corner of the goal and Tobi was only just able to intercept it with his foot. "Oh!" Callum exclaimed as Harry ripped the mask off.

"Back at it again with the Tesco bags," JME rapped. He ran towards the ball and this time, miraculously not slipping over on the sheet. He kicked the ball in the same direction as Harry had before him and Tobi simply watched as it rolled past him, into the net. 

"OHHHHH!" Simon exclaimed, and all the boys ran towards JME to congratulate him. Harry skidded across the entire sheet without slipping over, Josh and Callux both attempted to do the same but ended up on the ground. Simon and Lewis simply ran around the sheet to cheer on their friend. 

It was Callum's turn next, and he decided to take one of the backup balls and volley it from where he was standing. Tobi, who was not expecting the shot, stood in place and watched it hit the back of the net. "OHHHHH!" Simon exclaimed again, and Callux raised his eyebrows, pointing at the camera. 

Next he ran towards the ball on the sheet of plastic and slipped over, rolling onto his back. As he rolled off the plastic, one of the corners of the sheet that was being held down by a bottle of water blew up, causing some of the water on the sheet to blow in the direction of an unsuspecting JME. 

"Oh no!" Harry exclaimed, running to fix the sheet down.

"The whole back of me is wet," JME moaned to Callum, Lewis and Josh.

When Harry had fixed the sheet, Lewis took his second turn at the challenge. Lewis had skidded towards the ball and kicked it too high, causing the guys to all roar with laughter.

Next, it was Simon's turn again. "Go on Simon," Josh prompted.

"The best football YouTuber ever," JME added patronisingly.  Simon ran towards the ball and managed to kick it towards the goal, before he slipped over, a lot more on target than his previous shot. 

Tobi saved the ball with his left foot, causing Callux to shout "OH!" Simon clambered to his feet and crossed his legs, before once again posting to the camera.

"Why you gotta style it out all the time?" Josh laughed. Harry poured some more of the soapy water onto the sheet as Josh took his place to take a second shot at the goal. He ran across the sheet and was able to actually kick the ball this time, before he slipped over onto his back. 

Tobi crouched down to catch the ball as it slowly rolled towards him. He rolled the ball back to Harry, as Callux poured the remainder of the soapy water onto the sheet.

"Last go each," Harry exclaimed. "Alright, here goes," he took a couple of steps back, before took a run-up towards the ball. 

The boys chanted, "Harry! Harry! Harry," and he ran towards the ball. He slipped over as he reached the end of the sheet, barely kicking the ball, and continued to slide until he reached the edge of the penalty box.

"He slid miles!" Lewis exclaimed in shock as Tobi walked over to Harry, helping him to clamber back to his feet. Simon and Josh were clutching their stomachs, tears running down their faces in laughter. Callum had resorted to sitting on the ground because he was laughing too much and JME had tears streaming down his face, laughing almost as much as the others were.

Tobi went to grab the ball and Harry ran back over the sheet, towards the other guys. Harry suddenly slipped and fell to the ground, hard. 

Tobi abruptly stopped laughing and he was sure something was wrong. He watched Harry slip over and his breath caught in his throat. He soon stopped laughing and kept watching, waiting for Harry to get up. But he didn't. "Harry? You alright mate?" He called, uncertain.

Callux, who was stood directly behind Harry and had seen the impact of his fall began to walk over to the boy on the ground, a look of concern upon his face. Then the walk turned into a run. He got to Harry's side and found him breathing heavily and in pain. Callum fell to his knees and placed his hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry's forehead was wrinkled with agony, and his eyes were screwed shut tight. "Harry, you with me, bro?" Callum trailed off, fear lacing his words.

The rest of the guys quickly realised something was wrong. They quickly stopped laughing as they took in the sight of Harry who was still on the ground, and the concerned look on Callum's face. "Oh, shit!" Lewis exclaimed, running towards Harry and Callum. He was abruptly followed by a worried Tobi and Josh. Simon follows, and JME tosses his phone to the floor, not bothered whether it's broken or not.

Harry didn't speak for a minute, but his breathing regulated and the pain in his face lessened. "What happened?"

"You fell and... I think you hurt your leg," Callum replied, his eyes narrowing as he inspected Harry's leg. "Tell me what hurts."

Harry suppressed a shudder and tried to force a smile instead of the grimace that was undoubtedly on his face. "My ego," he chuckled weakly to himself, but winced sharply. His laughter died out with a groan.

Tobi couldn't hide the smile forming on his lips. Harry can still joke at a time like this?

"No, really, tell me," Callum asked again.

Harry glanced down at his foot. "My ankle. I..I think it's broken," he groaned. "I heard a crack when I fell and it hurt like hell. Now it feels like a numb throbbing." Harry winced again. The guys all darted their eyes to peer down at his ankle and could just tell by looking that he had broken it. Harry's right foot was limp and twisted in a completely wrong direction.

"Well it's definitely broken," Lewis trailed off.

Simon raised an eyebrow. "Really? No shit, Lewis. Thank you for that helpful observation," he retorted, sarcasm dripping from his words. He didn't mean to be harsh, he was simply worried for his friend.

"Guys, shut the fuck up," Josh exclaimed, dragging his fingers through his hair. "We need to take him to hospital as soon as possible," he added. He glanced to Tobi. "Help me stand him up?" Tobi nodded in understanding and crouched down at Harry's side beside Tobi.

Josh and Tobi both wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulders and helped him off the ground slowly. A wave of nausea made Harry's stomach overturn as he lifted his swollen ankle off the ground. He twisted his head and promptly vomited all over Josh's trainers. Josh and Tobi exchanged a look of fear and they slowly lowered Harry back to the ground.

Tobi turned to stand up when he felt a tug on his shirt. His eyes darted over to Harry and his eyes were large, pleading with Tobi's. "Please, s-stay with me."

Tobi took in the look on his face, the expression. He couldn't deny Harry anything. He nodded and spun back around, sitting back down, beside Harry. Contently, Harry laid his head on Tobi's lap. Tobi couldn't help but smile. He started to run his fingers through his best friend's hair, trying his best to calm him.

"I think we should wrap his ankle to it doesn't move as much," Josh suggested. "It'll cause more pain for him if it just dangles and we need to keep it immobile." Callum nodded in agreement and glanced around for something to wrap Harry's ankle up with. His eyes landed on Tobi's hoodie. "Hey Tobi, can I borrow your jacket?"

Tobi passed Callum his hoodie without hesitation, his eyes not leaving Harry for even a split second. He then grabbed hold of Harry's hand, entwining his fingers in the spaces of his own, brushing his thumb repeatedly over the younger boy's skin. Instantly, Harry relaxed.

Callum took the hoodie from Tobi and twisted it at each end so it resembled a long sausage. He eyed Harry's hood repeatedly. "This may hurt a bit Harry, but it has so be tight around your foot," Callum explained, readying the hoodie. Tobi tightened the grip on Harry's hand and Harry abruptly returned the favour.

Harry's face pinched in agony as Callum slowly picked up the swollen flesh, and began moving it into a more recognisable position. He quickly wrapped Harry's ankle, but each tug of the hoodie was torture. Harry opened his eyes wide and black spots began to swallow his vision. Tobi watched intently as Callum tightened the hoodie around Harry's ankle. Instantly, Harry jerked in Tobi's lap, letting out a faint painful whimper.

Tobi brushed some of Harry's hair away from his face, trying to calm his nerves. By the time Callum had finished wrapping his ankle, he had calmed down a significant amount.

"We're going to carry you to Josh's car, Haz." Callum warned, staring intently at his face. As the football pitch was so close to where Cal, Tobi and Harry lived, they had walked instead of driving. JME had taken a taxi and Josh had driven himself, Simon and Lewis in his car. 

His eyes shot open, his body wrenching off the cround. Immediately, he winced and laid back down. But his eyes remained open and glaring.

"But Cal -"

"I have to, Haz. It's the only way to get you there without hurting your ankle more." Callum explained, leaning down closer towards him. "Tobi, can you cary him?"

Although, Harry was still supporting a pained expression, his bottom lip pouted. Tobi fought to hold a smirk. He's such a baby sometimes.

He nodded and wrapped his arms underneath body, gently pulling him off the ground. Slowly and shakily, he stood up. Harry winced once, then twice, and Tobi could tell that he was struggling to fight from crying out in pain. His face was pressed against Tobi's chest, and Simon tightened his grip around his figure. 

Tobi carried him as carefully as he could towards Josh's car and the other guys followed him. JME called a cab for the other half of the group as there were only five seats in Josh's car.

Swiftly, Tobi made it to the car. Josh unlocked it and Tobi adjusted Harry in his arms, eyes scanning over the seat.

"Alright, Haz, I'm going to sit you down now." he warned, staring down at him.

Harry's face was buried in Tobi's neck and he let out an approving groan. Tobi gently placed the smaller boy onto the back seat of the car and slid in beside him. Simon and Josh took the front seats. 

Josh opened his window. "We'll meet you guys at the hospital," he called to Callum, JME and Lewis, who had decided to stay with them. The three boys nodded in response and Josh turned the ignition of his car on, before driving towards the hospital. 

The four Sidemen arrived at the hospital ten minutes later. Tobi carried him inside, followed by Josh and Simon. Josh dashed to the receptionist and explained what had happened and she called over a doctor to see them.

 Lewis, JME and Callum arrived as the doctor lead the boys towards an empty bed and Tobi gently placed Harry onto it. Callum had called Cal Freezy asking him to grab Harry's camera and any other valuable equipment which they had deserted at the football pitch in their hurry. 

The boys sat down in the chairs beside the bed and the doctor pulled the curtain across, giving them some privacy. 

"So what's the issue?" the doctor asked, clicking her pen.

Harry scowled. You'd think it be obvious, since his ankle was wrapped up and all.

"He fell playing football, we think he broke his ankle," Simon replied.

The doctor nodded, writing on her clipboard. "and how does your foot feel?"

Harry roled his eyes. Is she fucking stupid? How do you ask someone how their broken ankle feels? That's like asking setting someone on fire and asking how it feels to be burned. 

"Fucking amazing, I'm jumping with joy. It feels great," he muttered in annoyance.

Tobi stifled a laugh, playfully nudging Harry in the arm. Harry simply shrugged and the doctor wrote some more notes on her clipboard. 

"Is it alright if I take a look at it?" she asked softly, indicating towards his ankle. Harry nodded reluctantly. Cafefully, the doctor reached over to the other side of his foot and slowly unraveled the hoodie Callum had used to wrap his ankle. As she unwrapped the material, all eyes were set on his foot. 

His foot looked swollen, twice the size of his other one and a deep, blue bruise had now formed on the spot where his actual ankle was. 

The doctor made a few more notes and turned to Harry. "Well it definitely looks broken, I'd like to X-Ray it just to be on the safe side and then I'll put it in a cast for you," she explained. She then proceeded to give Harry's ankle an X-Ray which ruled out any serious breaks and put the youngest Sideman's ankle in a cast. The cast went all the way up to just below his knee and he chose to have a green wrap on the top. 

When the doctor had finished fitting his cast, she explained that Harry had to keep it on for at least six months and she gave him a date and time for a check-up appointment a couple of weeks later. Harry was given a pair of crutches and he was allowed to go home.

The boys made their way to the carpark where Josh had hurriedly parked his car about an hour before. Callum called a taxi and Josh, Simon and Lewis drove home after saying goodbye to the guys. 

The taxi arrived a few minutes later and Tobi helped Harry into the car. Tobi and Callum sat in the back with Harry, while JME took the front seat. They dropped JME off at his apartment first before the taxi driver took the three boys back to the Stratford Halo. 

"Thanks driver," Callum mimicked a video he'd seen on Twitter that morning of an old woman getting off a bus - she had said thanks driver, to which the driver had responded thank you. She then proceeded to say bye bye, as did the driver and going up an octave, she had said bye again. The driver copied her, saying bye in a high voice too. The lady then got off the bus, chanting 'bye, bye, bye', in a voice which sounded similar to Gollum from Lord of the Rings, her voice still audible as the bus began to drive off.  

Callum paid the driver for his services, while Tobi helped Harry out of the taxi. Then the three boys took the lift to the floor where Harry and Callum's apartment, which they shared with Cal Freezy was located. Callum unlocked the door and they were greeted by an amused looking Cal Freezy. "What the fuck happened to you?" he laughed, taking in Harry's disheveled appearance and the prominent neon green cast on his foot.

Harry groaned and hobbled to the sofa, not used to using his crutches yet. "I hate YouTube," he whined.

"Does anyone want Nandos?" Cal asked, grabbing his wallet. "I was waiting for you guys to come back before I went. Tobi, you staying?"

"Just the usual please, mate," Tobi replied, taking a seat next to Harry.

"I'll come with you Cal," Callum added. "You always get my order wrong anyway."

The tall blonde boy rolled his eyes. "If your order wasn't so complex, I wouldn't get it wrong!" he protested. "You ordering in Nandos is as difficult as a vegan ordering in Starbucks."

"Cal!" Tobi exclaimed. 

Harry burst out in laughter while Callum simply rolled his eyes. "I'll just have Peri-Peri chicken please," he grinned, still amused from Cal's joke. 

"Okay mate," With that, the two Cal's left the flat, shutting the door behind them. Harry pulled his leg onto the sofa, resting his broken ankle on Tobi's lap.

"Thanks for earlier," he said to Tobi. "You know, for holding me and helping me calm down. It bloody hurt," he laughed weakly.

"I can't help but worry about you," Tobi admitted honestly, brushing a hand through Harry's hair. "Seeing you in so much pain, I felt so helpless. I'd have done anything to take the pain for you."

He smiled sadly at the younger Sideman. "I don't know what I'd have done without you," he replied. "I'll always be fine, you just worry about me too much."

"Well, you mean a lot to me Harry. I'd rather not lose you, if I can help it," Tobi responded.

Harry took Tobi's hand and put it in his lap, and this made him feel better, his hand being there. He gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You'll never lose me, Tobi, no matter what happens," his face suddenly displayed an unhappy expression.

"What's up?" Tobi asked in concern. "Does it hurt?"

Harry shook his head. "I just hope that JJ doesn't draw a massive cock on my cast, I have to keep it on for a whole six months," he explained.

Both boys burst into laughter and Tobi carefully pulled the younger boy into a hug, careful not to knock his cast. He vowed to always be there for the younger Sideman and protect Harry for the rest of his life, so that he would never had to go through anything like this ever again.

So I've completed/posted the few requests that I had - if you have any ideas or requests for a One Shot, please comment or private message me and I'll be more than happy to write them! Thank you for 3K reads everyone, it means a lot to me ☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 2.5K 81
As it says , sidemen imagines [one-shots] Requests are closed. Love to everyone reading, voting, and commenting❤️ •1 in #joshuabradley• •1 in #vikra...
1.6M 20.9K 174
Sidemen One Shots {Completed} Preferences, One Shots and (some) Imagines included Rated R (Smut) and boyxboy are included, read at own risk. By boyxb...
14.9K 677 26
Josh is moving to a new school and is really worried of what people will think of him. He isn't like the others. His whole life he hasn't seen a sing...
1.1M 15.9K 200
If you love the Sidemen like me then you'll be sure to enjoy these preferences! I will also take requests but write with (Y/N) so the reader can fee...