I Need You [Minishaw]

A quick little One Shot I wrote in class earlier. Harry is terrified of thunderstorms. When there is a thunderstorm outside his flat in the early hours in the morning, Harry is scared and calls Simon.

Word Count: 660 

~✖~

The thunder crashed outside the window as Harry curled into a ball, shivering in the centre of his bed. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he sobbed. He was going to die, he knew he was.

Thunder and lightening had always been his biggest fear, ever since he was a young boy. Back then, his mother would scoop him up into her arms and carry him to to bed. She would snuggle Harry tightly against her chest until the storm calmed, and Harry would nod off to sleep.

But now she was gone. She wasn't there to protect Harry from the crashing weather outside of his flat.

He glanced over at the bedside clock. 4:05AM. He decided immediately that it was much to late to call...

Thunder crashed outside the window once again. He grasped at his phone on the bedside table and dialled his number.

"I need you." Harry spoke simply, still sobbing.

~✖~

Almost twenty minutes later, Harry jumped slightly as he felt warm arms wrap around his waist. He moved the duvet down from over his head to see Simon lying down next to him, smiling softly.

"You came." Simon wiped away his tears with the pads of his thumbs, then leaned into kiss his boyfriend softly.

"Of course I did." Thunder roared outside the window. Harry screamed, pressing his face into his boyfriend's chest. Simon wrapped his arms around Harry tightly. "Hey, you're okay." The older boy soothed as he ran his hands through Harry's hair. "I've got you. Nothing is gonna happen to you. You're okay, I love you."

Harry managed somehow to smile despite his fear, the familiar feeling of safety returning as his boyfriend murmured softly in his ear.

As the thunder died down, Harry moved his head off of Simon's chest slowly, but remained nestled in his embrace. He looked at Simon closely. Even now, he found it hard to believe that this beautiful, talented, amazing man was his boyfriend.

Simon listened to Harry's ragged breathing as the storm continued to rage outside. "Hey, how about we watch a movie?" He suggested as he ran a thumb across Harry's cheek. "It'll block out the sound of the storm." Harry nodded slowly. Simon got up out of the bed and took Harry's hand, pulling him towards the living room. Simon went into the kitchen to get some snacks, while Harry sat on the sofa, TV remote in his hand and scrolling through Netflix to find a film.

After Harry had chosen a film, Step Brothers, an absolute classic in Harry's eyes, Simon returned, his arms full of every possible snack he was able to find in Harry's cupboards and fridge. He gave Harry a lopsided grin and placed the snacks on the table, before joining him on the sofa. "Thank you for coming, Si."

"Absolutely anytime, babe." Simon replied with a smile. "I'll just go and grab the duvet," he suggested. Harry nodded and no more than 30 seconds later, Simon returned with Harry's duvet and dressed in a pair of joggers and one of Harry's old hoodies. Harry grinned at the sight. How did Simon always look better dressed in his clothes than he did? Simon sat next to Harry and pulled the duvet over the pair of them. He wrapped his arms around Harry and pulled the younger boy close to him. Harry grinned and pressed play on the TV remote, and the film began.

A few minutes into the film, Harry glanced up at Simon as they sat on the sofa together. Both boys were snuggled beneath the duvet, immersed in the movie and various snacks spread about them.

"Hey." He smiled nudging Simon's side. "I love you." Simon grinned as he kissed him softly.

"I love you too, bog," he replied, pulling Harry closer. 

All he knew was that he loved and treasured every moment he spent with Harry, and he would protect the younger boy with his life.