A Thousand Miles [Wroetofreezy]

Author's Notes: Alright so I just logged onto Wattpad and noticed that my One Shots book says "#837 in Fanfiction" on top of it?!?!?!?!

I'm not really sure what this means so pls could someone be kind enough to explain bc I only started posting my own writing last year and I'm not quite 'up there' with the cool kids on Wattpad yet 😂😂 Thank you! ❤️

UPDATE: SO NOW MY SIDEMEN ONESHOTS ARE #748 IN FANFICTION WHAT THE HECK?!

Based in an AU where the Sidemen are just a normal group of kids at school, who call their tight-knit friendship group, The Sidemen'. Cal Freezy moved to America earlier in the year to go to college. Cal Harry were dating but broke up when Cal cheated on him. The Sidemen are unsure as to why they broke up, as a heart-broken Harry refuses to talk about it and think its all Harry's fault, so the Sidemen exclude him from the group and target/bully him to make him pay for hurting Cal.

Word Count: 2660 Words

~✖~

The Sidemen knew was that something was bringing Harry down. Big time. The previous week he'd barely been able to keep a conversation from diving into visiting San Fransisco to visit Cal Freezy, who had moved there earlier this year with his Mum and brothers, after being awarded a soccer scholarship. But now he sat with slouched shoulders, circles under his eyes, and not speaking. 

Everyone could see that something was wrong, but nobody could see what. Vik, Josh, Simon, Ethan, Tobi and even JJ had all attempted to comfort the youngest Sideman, but it was shaken off with a strained half-smile and a shake of the head. So Simon called Cal Freezy – it seemed the most logical thing to do. Cal would know what was wrong with his boyfriend.

"Alright Simon?" Cal's voice didn't ring with the same cheer that the older boy remembered.

"Hey, Cal." Simon replied, uncertainly. "Uhm... Harry's not really being himself. Do you, uhm, know if something's wrong." There was a deep sigh on the other side of the line.

"There was some cheating." Cal voice was hesitant. "And we sort of broke up." Simon was stunned. This certainly wasn't the reply he'd been expecting. He was Harry's best friend – that was who you should turn to when faced with heartbreak.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I, uhm, didn't know." Simon replied awkwardly.

"Well I didn't think Harry would talk about it."

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry, Cal. I'll catch you later, mate." Simon hung up quickly. That had been an awkward conversation. He sent a text to JJ, explaining what he'd learnt, before heading back over to his desk to finish his homework.

~✖~

Simon and JJ were waiting at Harry's locker the following day when the younger boy arrived.

"Hey, Harry." Simon greeted without a smile. Harry offered him a strained smile in response, turning to open the locker.

"I spoke to Cal last night," he continued. Harry's muscles tensed.