What's a Soulmate? [Kstar]

Prompt: Kstar? Soulmate AU where if your soulmate writes something on there hand/arm the other gets what they wrote

Sorry for taking so long to write this, really hope you like it! ❤️

Word Count: 1540

~✖~

It started when Vik was six years old. He was playing with his Action Man dolls in his bedroom after school one day when suddenly, the word 'hello' scribes itself on his arm, the letters are messy and childish, as if he'd written the word himself. 

His eyes widen in fear and his eyes fill with tears. He hadn't stopped playing with his toys since he got home from school and there was absolutely no way he had written the word himself.

Vik runs down the stairs with tears tumbling down his cheeks. He shouts and screams until he finds his mother in the kitchen making dinner, and he tugs forcibly on the hem of her dress.

"Mama! There's a ghost writing on my arm!" he exclaimed, fear pulsating throughout his body.

Worried by her son's outburst, Vik's Mum glances down to his arm and to Vik's surprise, she smiles.

Kneeling down, she traces the letters on her son's arm before she kisses his forehead. "That's no ghost, dear," she begins. "Just your soulmate."

"What's a soulmate?" Vik asks, curiosity lacing his voice and an eyebrow raised in confusion.

And that is when Vikram Barn learns about soulmates and he learns about the messages and drawings that they can leave on your skin. 

~✖~

When Vik is ten, he realises that you can't exchange names with your soulmate. No matter how many times he's tried to tell them, it always end up as, 'hello my name is...'

To say that it's annoying is an understatement, because all Vik wanted to do is just tell his soulmate his name and learn their name in return. He didn't even know whether his soulmate is a boy or a girl.

Instead, Vik tries his best to describe what he looks like, mentioning that he has black hair and dark, brown eyes. Apparently, his soulmate also has black hair and brown eyes and they look just like their father.

Sometimes, late at night, Vik would feel the writing on his arm and wake up to see that his soulmate has left a note. My little brother is really sick again and my parents keep fighting. I wish I was sick instead.

On nights like those, Vik tells his soulmate of his dreams to become a games designer and tries to redraw some of the characters that he has created, on his arm.

It doesn't really work well on his thin arm, but he can tell that it makes his soulmate feel better.

~✖~

When Vik is thirteen, he doesn't hear from his soulmate. Vik writes to them every day.

'Hey soulmate, are you okay?'

But his soulmate never responds. They don't tell Vik if they are okay, or if they're not.

Some days when Vik is scared, he wonders if something terrible had happened to his soulmate and if he had died. Sometimes, Vik writes to asks them to tell him whether they're alive.

But that reply doesn't come either. So Vik gives up and stops writing on his body all together.

~✖~

On Vik's  fifteenth birthday, right when he's about to blow out the candles on his Minecraft birthday cake that his Mum had made, Vik feels the all but forgotten itching on his arm. In haste, he tugs up the sleeve of his hoodie and in a room filled with family, he breaks down and cries.