Festive Spirit [Zerkstar]

❄ A short little Christmassy One Shot I wrote in class earlier ❄ 

Vik loves Christmas and everything about it. Josh hates Christmas with a passion and accidentally hurts Vik's feelings when he expresses his dislike for the festive season.

Word Count: 794

~✖~

"Joshy, look!" Vik grinned as he entered the room, where his boyfriend, Josh, was sitting in a pair of black jeans and a grey Sidemen hoodie. Josh looked up from his phone screen, using one hand to rub his forehead.

"No, Vik, absolutely not. It's November." Josh scowled, throwing his phone down and moving to stand in front of Vik. "You are not wearing that in November."

Said 'atrocity' was an oversized Christmas jumper with sparkly, white snowflakes all over it. Honestly, Vik looked adorable, Josh admits, but he refused to celebrate the holiday this early.

"It's just a jumper." Vik looked down in defeat, tugging at the woolen material.

"It's stupid." Josh muttered as he snatched the fabric from Vik's hands and pulled it over head. Any other day, Vik have been slightly very turned on by Josh stripping him, but he'd always been passionate about Christmas, and he'd never celebrated it. Not really.

Last year, he'd celebrated with his friend JJ and his girlfriend. He felt like a bit of a third wheel, to be honest, but it was better than celebrating alone. That was the third time he'd ever celebrated Christmas. The second time was with his first boyfriend. That was before... before that... The first time was with his Mother. They'd done it in secret, because his father didn't believe in Christmas.

"Alright." Vik forced a smiled. "No jumpers then."

~✖~

"Vikram Barn, get in here now!" Josh yelled. Vik practically skipped into the room, a wooly hat with a fuzzy pom pom sitting on top of his head. 

"Yeah?"

"What on earth is that in the corner of my living room?" Josh asked, not looking away from the tree in question. The tree itself wasn't big, it came up to Josh's waist after all, and it wasn't covered in tinsel and plastic decorations, so that was one thing, he supposed.

"It's a Christmas tree..." Vik shuffled on his feet.

"Why?"

"Becau -"

"It's November, Vik." Josh told him.

"I know..." Vik sighed.

"Just... Don't decorate it." Josh rubbed his forehead with his fingers in frustration. Vik nodded.

"Okay."

~✖~

"What did I tell you about decorations, Vik?" Josh asked, looking around the now decorated living room. The room was decorated in white string lights, with cut out snowflakes hanging from the ceiling.

"You said not to decorate the tree." Vik smirked. "You didn't say anything about the rest of the room."

"Stop being a smart-arse." Josh muttered as he left the room. He needed a Dr. Pepper.

~✖~

"For fuck sake, Vik!" Josh cried. Vik stifled a laugh as he entered the room.

"I see you found the tree lights." Vik giggled. Josh was sat on the floor, somehow entangled in the Christmas lights.

"Vik! Get me out of these lights." Josh growled. Vik knelt down and tugged at the wiring.

"How did you even do this?" Vik laughed.

"Because you left the bloody lights on the floor and I tripped!" Josh exclaimed. Vik suddenly realised Josh was serious about the whole Christmas thing.

"I-I'm sorry." Vik whispered, pulling the lights away from Josh's head and limbs.

"Get these lights out my sight." Josh scowled. Vik nodded, but couldn't bring himself to speak. He knew his voice would break and he would cry.

~✖~

"Star?" Josh looked around. Everything had gone. There were no decorations, no trees, no lights, no Christmas jumpers. Vik was no-where to be seen. That was when he heard a hushed voice. He followed the sound to his and Vik's room.

"...Si, it's just, when I was with Lachlan, he never let me celebrate these things..." Josh listened as Vik spoke to someone, Simon, he thinks, on the phone, "A-and my father wasn't Christian... he didn't believe in Christmas. I-I've only celebrated three times... I-I guess I just got a little over excited..." Josh's heart sank. He had to set this right.

~✖~

"Josh- Woah..." Vik stopped in his tracks when he walked into the living room. It was covered in decorations.

"Star," Josh revealed himself from behind the Christmas tree, which was decorated with lights, tinsel and a star. 

Vik's eyes widened when he saw Josh wearing a black jumper with a sparkly snowman on it. "Vik, I'm so sorry... I-I, um... Don't understand the concept of Christmas, but I can try. For you."

"I love you." Vik smiled, running up to Josh and throwing his arms around his waist.

"Hey, Vik?" Josh pulled away and looked up. Vik followed his gaze.

"Mistletoe?" Vik asked.

"I understand you have to kiss under these things, right?" Josh smirked.

"We could do a little more than kiss, Joshy," Vik chuckled, pecking Josh's lips.

"I like your thinking, Star." Josh chuckled. Only one thing ran through his mind.

He bloody loved Christmas.