More Than Friends

By intellectual212

Odell and Kenya have been best friends throughout college. As graduation approaches and both their lives are... More

Broken Dreams
No Debate
Man Law
Not Good Enough
Game Day
Walmart Surprises
What Was I Thinking
Oblivious
1 To My 3
Bish Somebody better Get Khloe
Keep Him Happy
Question Guys About Story
Game Changer
Meeting Half-Way
Be Alright
Omg Yall I Just Died
More Than A Bestfriend
Savage
Anybody Know How To Make Gif
Answered Prayer
Reformed Heaux
Warnin: Turn Your Phone Brightness Down
Would Yall Look At This Ratchery
Struggle Plates
Reader Check-In
Unleashing My Sexy Part 1
Just For Me
Why They Do Odell Like This
Second Chances
Pimpin
Airport Goodbyes
More Important Than Football
Odell Been A Dancer
Odell Stanning For Lebron
For You Heaxs That Want Ramen Hair
I'm Fine
Grieving
Getting Through It
Lil odell
Which One Of Yall Can Pass For an 8th graders
Cooking Redos
Chosen Few
What Do You Guys Love About Them
Protecting Myself
Brandon's Surprise
Baby Fever
Do You Guys Have Any Questions
Championship
Next Move
Have To Understand
Guess Who
Rude Awakening
Can I Just Say Yall The Best
New Holiday
How You Finish
Real Husbands of Oxford
Billy With The Blue Eyes
Like Everybody Else
Question About Sequel
Hug A Black Man
Freedom Songs
You Heauxs Will Leave Me Alone
Unified
What Do You Think About Scott
Nothing Ruined
Section 8 Dates
Burn Your Soul
Best day
This Book Is Ending Soon
Conflict Story Question
Flashback: Tutoring Session
Flashback: Send You Back To The Hood
I See Y'all Like The Flashbacks
Flashback: Research
Flashback: The Secret
What Are You Guys Learning
Flashback: The Truth
Flashback: That's It
Flashback: Why Do I Care
My Cam Sings To Me
Flashback: Good Black Man
Flashback: Friends
Flashback: Written Prayers
Flashback: Jealous
Three More Flashback Chapters
Odell Boy If You Dont
Flashback: The L Word
Odell Is Not With Demi
Flashback: Thick Creation
Flashback: Drunk Nights
How Many Times is Odell
Flashback: The Ritual
Karol's Cosemtics
Somebody Come Get Odell
My Day
What Are You Thinking Babies
This Book Is Done

Bleeding Gold and Purple

41.2K 2.7K 485
By intellectual212

Odell POV-

After our last practice, after we showered and changed, Juice and I went back onto the field.

"Tomorrow big bruh." Juice said as we walked out on the field at Tiger stadium.

"Tomorrow." I looked up into the empty the stands.

No amount of words could express what this field, what these stands, what this entire stadium has meant to me the past four years.

My dad played on the very same field. He would always bring me into the field after games, my parents had me when they were still students here.

She a track star, he a football star. I guess you can say I have bled gold and purple since I've come out the womb. I was born to be a LSU tiger.

My dad never won a championship or made it to the NFL. But here I am, tomorrow I have the chance to finish what he started.

And the feeling was nothing but surreal. Almost like a dream, that I didn't want to wake from.

Me and Juice closed our eyes and took in the scent of  Tiger stadium.

"You hear that bruh?" Juice asked me.

"O...O...O...O...O." I said as though I was a fan cheering.

"Juice, Juice, Juice, Juice." Juice repeated in the same fashion.

I changed to my announcer voice. "Two minutes on the clock. Karter makes the pass to Beckham. "

Juice threw me the ball.

I caught it with one hand.

Juice had his announcer voice as I ran down the field. He ran with me.

"Oh my God, Beckham catches the ball with one hand. He's running down the field. Oh no USC's Chatman  is coming for him. He's gonna knock him out of bounds. But wait, Jarvis Landry blocks so Beckham can continue to run" Jarvis pretends to make a block, while I ran.

"and he's down the field. And Touchdown. What a play. What a freaking play. Your NCAA national champions are the LSU Tigers. They defeat USC  in a roaring fashion." Jarvis said like an announcer.

I hit them folks in the endzone.

Me and Jarvis laughed and dapped it up.

"Nothing is going to stop us from beating USC ass bruh." Jarvis said.

"You right."

"We worked hard for this moment and we can't let nothing stop us."

"Nothing." I repeated.

Me and Juice hugged. "Love you bruh." He told me.

"Love you too."

We looked around one last time.

"See you tomorrow bruh." He said.

I saluted Juice and he left.

I sat on the grass, closed my eyes and just prayed to God that everything would turn out well.

A big chunk of my future would depend on this moment. My placement in the draft, whether I win the Heisman. And just wanting to win for my team and fam.

I felt a pair of soft arms around my neck and a kiss on my cheek. I knew from the scent of petal blossom perfume it was my 1.

I smiled and looked back at her.

"Why you stalking me?" I asked her as she sat next to me.

"I wanted to meet with you before the family dinner. Just have some us time."

"I don't want no us time with yo ass." I took the football and twirled it around my finger.

She hit the ball out of my hand, where it fell.

I laughed and picked it up.

"I should leave."

"Adios Amigo." I waved to her.

"O don't act brand new. I made you."

I bursted into laughter. "You made me?"

"Yes I did. You weren't a champion until you got with me. Don't forget it loser." She muffed my forehead.

I laughed. "I been a champion, it just didn't manifest until now. You had nothing to do with it."

"See this is why I don't trust niggas. They get a little taste of fame. A little communion cracker of fame, and they act like they don't know nobody. This is what I'm talking about. Trifling no good nig--" I interrupted her playful rant with my lips by kissing her.

"Don't get used to it after tomorrow I'm getting all new chicks." I said softly against her lips.

She slightly slapped my face.

I stale faced her.

"Don't disrespect me like that then."

I playfully grabbed her, she got out of my embrace and ran down the field. I chased her.

I do this for a living, she's not gonna out run me, plus I got my mama track genes.

I caught her by the waist and tickled her non-stop.

"O." She yelled and begged in between laughs and trying to get away from me.

"Say you sorry."

"No." She laughed, while I attacked her with that tickles.

"I can't breathe." She tried to get away.

"Say sorry."

"Sorry." She yelled.

I let her go. She hit my arm. "You play too much." She fixed her clothes.

"What are you doing?" She turned around I was on one knee.

I saw her chest moving in and out super fast.

I chuckled. "Calm down. One day, but not today."

"Whew." She fanned herself to calm down.

"So if I asked you would say no?"

"No but I just think we need more time for that. But whenever you ask, the answer will always be yes. I would never say no to you baby. I want to spend my life with you and have little Sonnys." She smiled a dreamy smile.

"Little Sonnys?" I chuckled with a raised brow.

"Yeah Sonny giving me baby fever real bad."

"After you went off on your I'm not having no babies for you rant?"

"I didn't say I didn't want any, I just said not know. We gotta get adjusted to our life after graduation first. Then if you want a million, I'll have them."

"Now you remember your words. You guaranteed me a million."

"Goodbye O." She rolled her eyes.

I took her hand, I was still on one knee. "I'm down here because I want to make this promise to you that no matter what happens after tomorrow, Imma be here same as I was. And I just want you to promise me you will allow nothing to come between us or change us, unless it's for the better. I needed you to keep me grounded. Keep me focused. Keep me in check if I ever do step out of line. Cause you know tomorrow is my first national stage. People gon know me, they didn't know me before. And a lot of stuff gon come at us fast. Good and bad. And I just need you to be my rock and you already know, I'm gon yours. I love football, but you will always be my priority."

She got down on her knees in front of me and hugged me. "I promise." She kissed my lips.

I put my forehead against hers and held her face with both my hands. "Love you my 1."

"Love you my 3. Kick ass on this field tomorrow."

I smiled. The lights shut off on us.

We laughed. Gave a kiss to God and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 58 34
Curtis and Shane are childhood best friends separated by life's happenings only to be reunited in uni. What happens when they have to share a room a...
64.4K 3K 38
Odell is all about football, family and his friends. Dating was the least thing on his mind especially dating someone like Lisa. Can a BBW win a foot...
51 2 20
y/n and millie had been friends for years. Louis was always in the picture. Now, in his final year of school, when he finally starts to feel more for...
222K 16.4K 49
When you're young life is easy and things are black and white. As we get older the world changes and taints us, making lines that were once so clear...