A Helping Hand (Dan and Phil...

By WhoWantsT0know

TRIGGER WARNING. THIS STORY CONTAINS MENTIONS OF RAPE, SELF INJURY, DEATH AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. Can Dan sav... More

A Helping Hand (Dan and Phil phanfic)
A missing friend
Late night thoughts
The rope
Flashing lights
Silence
News
Big Mistake
Apologies
Awakening
Confessions
Memories
New Start
Pillow Fight
Panic
Relief
The Trends
Normal?
Hurt
Christmas
Christmas (cont.)
The Morning After
Confrontation
The aftermath
Lies
Deceit
Lost Hope
Failure
Endless Cycle
Help
Arguments
Escape.
Hospital
Forgiving
Problems
Flaws
the apartment
Home.
The promise
Radio (part 1)
Radio (part 2)
Radio (part 3)
Reaction
Bed Time
Updates
Perfect
breakfast
The Proposal
Proposal (part 2)
the break in
Solutions
The Hotel
The Hotel (Part 2)
Dinner Date
Issues
Time
The Wait
The Wait (part 2)
Isolation
Safety
Alone
Phone Call
Realisation
Anger
Rescue
Rescue (part 2)
Attack
The Call
Visits
Tribute (part 1)
Tribute (part 2)
New Start
Flowers
Identity.
Crazy Ideas
Future
Drinks
Drama
Anxiety
Voices
Funeral
Lonely
hiatus (if you dont want to hear about my shitty life just read the bold bits)
Trauma
Help
Isolation
The final chapter
international list of suicide hotlines
update!

Home Sweet Home

52.3K 1.6K 5.1K
By WhoWantsT0know

A/N
ok so I have been skipping from person to person so just so everyone understands, heres a summery of the story so far;
Phil was walking home when he was mugged and raped, he tried to kill himself and ended up in a coma.
Dan had to do the radio show with Chris Stark when he flipped out at a caller for talking about Phil and Dan got suspended for swearing.
Phil woke up and was destraught that he didnt die so Dan went to talk to PJ.
Dan told PJ that he loves Phil and Phil realised he loves Dan.
What next? (ooh mystery)

"I knew it!!" PJ grinned, "You will be so cute together!" he squeaked.

"I dont even know if he feels the same! I doubt it! We have lived together for 3 years, im sure I would have found out by now." Dan sighed.

"Yeah but Dan, you only realised recently how much you love him, he might feel the same and just not know yet! And anyway, its pretty obvious that he likes you," PJ winked.

"You think so?" Dan smiled,

"Yeah! Now come on, we have to sort out your house for when Phil gets home," PJ pulled Dan to the door by his sleeve. Dan smiled, could Phil actually feel the same? There was only one way to find out. Ask him.

How could he ask him without sounding weird? He had to just grow a pair and ask him. So what if Phil didnt feel the same? Yeah it would be awkward for a while but that would pass.

"Dan?" PJ's voice snapped Dan out of his daydream.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah?" He asked.

"We're here... are you ok? You were so quiet..." PJ questioned.

"Oh, yeah, im fine, I was just thinking about stuff..." He trailed off, "Let me find my key..." Dan said as he dug through his bag to find it.

He opened the apartment door. Everything was as it was that night. Dan hadnt been home, apart from the first night.

He took a deep breath and looked at PJ for reassurance.

PJ nodded.

They slowly entered the apartment in silence.

Dan took a deep breath, "Now what?" he sighed.

"Now we clear up. We make everything nice and clean for Phil." PJ smiled as he picked up a cushion and threw it on the sofa.

"I guess..." Dan half smiled. "I should sort his room out first... He'll be tired, he needs lots of rest." Dan said as he slowly walked over to Phils door.

The door was battered and broken where Dan had to break it open. He pushed it closed and it swung open again. He sighed.

He slowly entred the room.

Everything was as he left it. The bed was a mess, the contents of every draw was thrown across the room, the desk chair was laying against the wall. Dan picked up the chair and put it back where it belonged.

"Peej, I dont suppose you could start clearing the kitchen? Like putting all the knives in one draw?" Dan called.

"Of course!" PJ replied.

Dan walked over to the bed, sat down and started sorting through the large piles of stuff.

He noticed the blue and green sheets were spotted with bright red blood.

He took a deep breath and tried to hold back the tears.

He sorted old receipts and sweet wrappers and other rubish,away from stationary and note books and other things to go back in the draw. He walked over to the desk and put the draw back and decided he should clear the other draws too. He took out the top draw and saw the box of razorblades.

He walked over to the bed and put the draw down.

He took the box off the top and placed it on the side befor sorting through the old bits of paper and rubbish.

On top of all the paper in the draw was a note with Dan written across the front.

Dan shakily opened it and started reading.
Hey Dan. If your reading this I'm dead.
I'm sorry. I just couldn't go on.
Please don't be sad, be happy that I'm happy.
Please take care of yourself (and lion!) and go on like I was never even there.
Keep the radio show, I know how much you love it! Keep making videos, keep doing the things you love and soon you will forget about me.
Just remember that you were my best friend. You still are and you always will be. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I dont love you.
Thank you for being there for me.
   ~Phil

Dan wiped the tears from his eyes. He tried not to but he broke down crying.

"Dan? Dan are you ok?" PJ called as he ran through into Phils room.

"I just... I just found his note, Peej. Why did he do it?" He sighed.

"I guess hes the only one who knows." PJ replied.

"Yeah..."

***

After about an hour, Phils room was spotless.

Dan had changed the bed sheets and tidied everything!

Everywhere in the house was spotless apart from Dans room and the bathroom.

Dan sighed, "I can do my room later. Just the bathroom to go then!" He smiled.

He sorted through the bathroom cabinet and took out all the medicine and razors.

He sighed as he threw it all in the bin, keeping one pack of paracetamol and hiding it in his bag.

He put everything like plasters and bandages back in the medicine cabinet and put the toothbrushes back.

"Peej, where did you put all the kitchen cleaner and bleach?" Dan asked.

"I left it under the sink, I thought you could get a lock for the cupboard or something..." He answered.

"Thanks,I'll put the bathroom stuff there too." He said as he walked through the apartment, arms full of cleaners.

***

"We just need to find two locks and a safe razor thing..." Dan smiled.

"Very technical, Dan." PJ laughed.

"Shh. I'm sure I was ment to be a girl." Dan giggled.

"Do you even need to shave?" PJ joked.

"Well... I get patchy stubble... but I am only 22." Dan laughed.

The walked around the shop, searching for locks and shavers.

***

"That will be £34.99 please"

Dan paid the cashier and left the shop.

"Peej, could you take these back to mine? I'm going to tue hospital to get Phil, I was supposed to be there at 3..." Dan asked.

"Sure, should I come and meet you after or...?" PJ replied.

"Uh... you can if-" Dan was cut off. Before he knew it, PJ was kissing him!

Dan kissed back before pushing PJ away.

"PJ! WHAT THE FUCK?" He yelled.

"I... uh... I'm sorry Dan."PJ sighed before running off down the car park.

"PJ Wait!" Dan called but it was too late.

***

"Hey, you ok?" Dan smiled at Phil.

"I guess..." Phil sighed as they walked away from the hospital towards a cab.

"I missed you." Dan sighed.

"Yeah." Phil replied, not really paying attention.

They got in the cab and spent the rest of the trip in silence.

Dan paid the cab driver while Phil got out and went home. Dan followed him into the apartment but Phil had already gone to bed.

A/N had no idea where that was going but the next chapter will be better... promise!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unbroken By Trash

Fanfiction

1.1K 56 30
[WARNING: CONTAINS DESCRIPTION OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE. PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED!] I hope you enjoy the story! Thanks!
5.2K 185 10
Phil has been acting strange and Dan can't understand why. He won't eat, has terrible nightmares and hardly comes out or makes video. It's not until...
4.2K 323 17
a phanfic **warning, contains suicidal thoughts, depression, and anxiety**
1.4K 42 15
Dan and Phil's lives are a mess. They finally decide to come out to the phandom. Will their decisions take a toll on their relationship? Not much of...