The Arranged One | ✔️

By anjaaniwriter

"You're right", she said, sounding contemplative, "Maybe I should grow up and be more practical." "Well...you... More

The Arranged One
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Know You Inside-Out!
Chapter 2 - Lunch yes! Date no!
Chapter 3 - The Weirdest Man
Chapter 4 - Waltz
Chapter 5 - Knock Before You Enter!
Chapter 7 - Going To Be Mine
Chapter 8 - What Am I Missing Here?
Chapter 9 - Your Girlfriend Moron!
Chapter 10 - Like A Couple In Love???
Chapter 11 - Does It Upset You?
Chapter 12 - Will that be enough?
Chapter 13 - It's A Great Idea, My Love!
Chapter 14 - You're whipped!
Chapter 15 - Hormonal Teenage Boy
Chapter 16 - Deal?
Chapter 17 - Deal with the Devil
Chapter 18 - Melt in my arms
Chapter 19 - Why??
Chapter 20 - I'll be waiting
Chapter 20 - The Date Isn't Over Yet
Chapter 21 - Best Date Ever
Chapter 22 - Never Going to Change
Chapter 23 - Part 1
Chapter 23 - Going to be a long day - Part 2
Chapter 24 - Not Quite Right
Chapter 25 - Sneak Peek
Chapter 25 - The Appetizers : Part 1
Chapter 25 - The Appetizers : Part 2
Chapter 26 - I Can Explain : Part 1
Chapter 26 - I Can Explain : Part 2
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 1
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 2
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 3
Chapter 28 - My Forever : Part 1
Chapter 28 - My Forever : Part 2
Chapter 29 - A Mistake : Part 1
Chapter 29 - A Mistake : Part 2
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 1
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 2
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 3
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 1
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 2
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 3
Chapter 32 - Do you want this?
Chapter 33 - Part 1
Chapter 33 - Part 2
Chapter 34 - Part 1
Chapter 34 - Part 2
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 36 - Part 3
Epilogue
New Story Alert!

Chapter 6 - To Marry You

13.6K 647 14
By anjaaniwriter

A/N Check out the first chapter 'The Arranged one for the new cast! Also, do you like the new cover???

"So? What do you want to tell us?", Siya asked Divakar Kaka, once they were in his study.

"Well...As you know...both of you have crossed the age of twenty six...", Mr. Acharya began.

"Of course we do dad!" Abhi interrupted, sounding impatient, he was really hungry after a long tiring day.

"Then you must also know that this is the perfect time to...you know...settle down..." Mr. Acharya said, struggling to put it in the right words.

"Wait what?" Siya and Abhi asked together.

"Look at the two of you! You are no longer children and I am not as young. I want to see you two to have a family, be happy and start a life of your own."

"Dad we do have a life of our own! We are happy! We are earning...We are educated, we started two new branches, launched new plans...Dad what more do you want?"

"I want you to...er..."

"What?"They exclaimed together.

"Alright then...I want you to get married." He finally completed.

"You're kidding right?" Abhi said with a 'you-got-to-be-joking' face.

"No I am not", Mr. Acharya replied with a serious face.

"Okay I'm hungry, how about you Abhi?", Siya asked, trying to ignore the situation as if it were a joke gone bad.

"Me too" Abhi replied abruptly, as both of them stood up to make their way out.

"Both of you stand right here and listen! I want both of you to tell me if you have anyone in your mind. Please...I'm being serious here."

"I for starters have no one in my life...and I'm sure even Siya doesn't. So why don't we go have some dinner?" Abhi said, making a bored face, rolling his eyes to add to the effect.

"Wait right there young man! Both of you, let me get this straight, do you guys believe in love and marriage?"

Abhi said,"No" and Siya said,"Yes" at the same time.

"What?", they exclaimed together, turning towards each other with wide eyes.

"I don't believe this Siya! Do you have someone in your life? Why didn't you tell me?" Abhi looked like she had told him she wanted to become a terrorist.

"I do not have anyone in my life Abhi...but that doesn't mean I don't want to! I believe in love and ever lasting relationships." She looked at him as though he was saying he was an alien.

"Really now?? All that's crap! Nothing lasts forever. I thought you were smarter than that!", he scoffed after snorting loudly.

"What about your parents and mine?" She challenged.

"That was ages ago! In case you haven't noticed we live in a completely different world Siya. I have seen how love turns people into wimps. Things like love and marriage will only make you vulnerable and weak." His voice held a kind of patient plea as if he were telling a kid that Santa Claus was just his imagination.

"Abhi! I never realized you thought so rashly!" Siya exclaimed, thoroughly frustrated with his opinions.

"It's the truth Siya. Let's face it! I don't think there is any guy on this planet who could be loyal to one girl." He added as if settling the matter.

"What if there is?" She argued.

"Really? And who is it? Manav?" He spat the last word his features rearranged to show deepest loathing.

"What?" She asked, completely fazed by the new inclusion. She started to think he was losing his mind.

"Excuse me, both of you! Is this Manav Darshan we are talking about? He is a decent lad!", interjected Divakar Kaka.

"No he isn't" Both of them scolded him at once.

"And what's up with him anyways...where did he come into the picture?" Siya demanded thoroughly bemused.

"I don't know you tell me!", Abhi fired back.

"What has anything got to do with him anyways?...Abhimanyu—."She began.

"Don't call me Abhimanyu—."He began.

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!" Divakar Kaka shouted. He had had enough of the childish bickering. They both looked at him, he could see they were both embarrassed and out of breath.

"I want both of you to get married." He said calmly.

"Like that's gonna happen", Abhi added in a voice that said 'yeah right'.

"With whom?", Siya asked, trying to be polite.

"Which part of 'I want both of you to get married' is difficult to understand? Personally I think you guys are perfect for each other." Replied Mr. Acharya, clearly frustrated with their dim-wittedness.

"Wait a minute! Are you suggest that both of us...Siya and I...get married to...each other."

"That's like my intelligent boy! Yes son yes!"

"No way!" they said together.

"See...I told you! You guys are just perfect together. You both even think alike."

"Dad we are just friends."

"Yeah! I have never thought of him that way." Siya said, getting slightly offended by Abhi's immediate dismissal.

"Then you better start now!" advised Mr. Acharya.

"But..", they started to say.

"Listen to me first. Let me explain completely and then you both are free to make your decision. But before that I want you to be calm and hear me out okay?" He asked, his voice holding a plea.

"Okay!" It was Siya who replied, Abhi merely shrugged.

"Siya, your father and I were best of friends. We were from the same village, same school, same colleges. We studied together, earned together and finally as you know set up a company together. I am not saying we agreed on everything, but we loved each other enough to compromise for each other, and oddly seeing one happy made the other happy as well. I know it was rare, not unlike the friendship the two of you share.

"When you and Abhi were born, your mothers planned to get you two married. Pradyuman and I laughed it off. We wanted you guys to choose your life partners for yourself. Then as you know when you were five...the accident...well after it all happened I promised myself to take care of you Siya, to treat you like my own daughter. And I hope I have succeeded. All these years, I made a promise to give you all the happiness in the world.

"I have seen you and Abhi grow up together, share the smallest of concerns, console each other, encourage each other, and most importantly complete each other. I think no one but my own son is capable of giving you the kind of happiness a husband should. Forgive me if I sound presumptuous, but my age and experience has taught me a lot. You two remind me of myself and Anuradha. The way you fight with each other, the way you scold each other, take care of each other.

"Abhi, Siya I have known both of you as children and seen you two grow up to run the Company all by yourselves. Trust me when I say this...you guys were, are and always will be perfect for each other. Consider this as an arranged marriage. Another thing is that you guys own one of the most successful companies of India. Apart from it being great for your business it will also ensure that you get life partners who are your equals and will not be after your money. It is satisfying match for both the heart and the mind. I'll leave the two of you alone to think this through. See you two at dinner. And yes...take your time." He said as he left the study, closing the door behind him.

"I think Dad might have a point here. What do you say?" Abhi said after minutes of silent contemplation.

"Yeah. He might", Siya said thoughtfully, trying to sound calm inspite of the knots in her stomach.

"But..."

"Yeah there's a but..." She agreed.

"I mean it, when I say I don't believe in the love aspect of it all...", Abhi said, trying to clear his own thoughts, by voicing them, "But I just think it's good for the company... and ...well...", he said, not knowing how exactly to say it, " I don't mind an arranged marriage" he added, finally, with a shrug, "Especially to you", he paused when Siya raised her eyebrows, " I mean we do know each other toooo well. And I haven't seen any girl more apt for me...er...you know what I mean?" He looked at her tentatively, hoping she got what he meant.

Knowing Abhi for all her life helped understanding him all too well. Siya smiled before she answered.

"Yeah I do. We are perfect except for one thing..."

"What's that?", Abhi asked, curious and clueless as ever about what was glaringly obvious.

"Love. Abhi Love!" She pointed out the obvious, getting a little impatient.

He frowned at the answer, and Siya realised it was as unexpected as unimportant for him. She sighed at how little he cared about love in a relationship based completely on love, and his lack of expertise, in this field. And this field only, she thought. Abhi looked at Siya, his eyes telling her that he understood her inner turmoil, and then took a deep breath before clearing his throat. He always did that when he had come to a conclusion and needed to share it with her.

He walked upto her, taking her hands in his, his eyes reflecting the usual clarity and confidence they always held, all traces of uncertainty gone. Siya braced herself for his words.

"Siya you keep saying you love me, don't you?", he looked at her earnestly before continuing, "You might love me only as a friend, but that will do. Our 'love'", he quoted 'love', "...is more than enough for any relationship to work. And as for me I don't believe in love, but I know I care a lot about you. More than anyone else", he paused, lowered his gaze from hers, and spoke the next words through his teeth, a clear sign of vulnerability, she thought. "More than myself", he almost whispered.

Now how could she argue with that! He looked so cute and vulnerable, she felt like a stern teacher breaking a K.G. kid's heart. But she had to get all her doubts from him, cleared like she always did. Weigh all the options out.

She started in a kind tone. "Yes Abhi, but what if we get married and say I meet 'the one'? What are we supposed to do then?"

A brick, a large solid steel brick was sliding through his chest. Why else would it feel so heavy, why else would blood rush to his ears?

"Firstly, there is no such thing as 'the one'. Secondly, I think it's stupid not to do something so obviously perfect for some might-be-jerk who might not even love you back!" He was getting angry. How could she put a complete stranger above their Company, their friendship and most importantly above him?!

"But Abhi..."

"Siya we'll make this work! We always do!" He was being outright firm about this. He knew it was unreasonable of him, but he felt like holding her there, and never letting her go, lest she finds her 'One'.

Abhi was shocked with the sudden possessiveness he felt. Sure it was always there, and he always felt annoyed when she gave any other guy more attention than himself. But it was normal right? Any friend would get annoyed. But he didn't feel like that when Divya gave more attention to others. So what was...

He was brought back from his self- contemplation when Siya sighed loudly.

"You're right", she said, looking thought-through and resolute, "Maybe I should grow up and be realistic."

"Well...you know 'Princes on white horses' are 'fairy'tales right?" Abhi said, air-quoting again. He was feeling relieved now that she saw some logic.

"Yeah...but... I so wanted it! A guy who could brave the most terrible storms to rescue me, the sparks fly when we touched each other, the fastening of heart beats when we..."

"Geez Siya! I get the point. I never guessed you lived in fantasy land! So in short I am exactly opposite to what you want?" his voice dripping with offence and frustration.

Siya laughed. How like Abhi to get offended by some imaginary guy whom she thought was better than him.

"No not exactly! But you are my friend Abhi, there's no spark!", she added with a hand gesture. She could see he was getting seriously irked, and smiled to herself.

"Oh God! Siya—."

"I know it is childish Abhi...", she took a sly pause, "Aaaand...That is why...I am ready to do this", she finished, her grin widening.

"To do what?" Abhi asked, thoroughly bemused by the variety of smug expressions Siya was giving.

"To marry you."

A/N

Do you think Abhi and Siya are making the right decision? Shouldn't they wait to find true love?

Next Chapter:

So Abhi and Siya have discussed their views on marriage in general, but what do they think about getting married to each other. Does either of them have feelings for the other?

What do you think of this one? Liking the story so far? Tell me so then :P

Like. Comment. Vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

939K 51K 38
Completed on May 29, 2020. ~ "Ap...." (You....) Muntaha couldn't utter anything else as Faris 'shh'ed her. He grabbed her by her shoulders and turned...
2.7M 154K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
1.9M 156K 88
"I can give you grandchild without marriage too mom" Mira said after listening to her mom's useless reason making everyone shock. Yeah???? "I...I mea...
266K 11.6K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...