Faking It || Harlena

By harry_his_curls

Selana Gomez is a girl who loves to do anything just to get a diploma and get out of high school. While, Harr... More

Prologue
1. School
2. "Fine."
3. Lunch
4. Stares
5. Cried
6. Why
7. Talk
8. Contact Lens
9. September
10. Jealous
11. Decision
12. Sweet
13. Date
14. Moments
15. End Of The Day
16. Preparing
17. "Of Course,"
18. Prom
19. Louis' Birthday
20. Packing Up
21. Orientation
23. Game
24. Emotions
25. Harry
Author's Note
Trailer

22. New Year

3.2K 111 18
By harry_his_curls

S E L E N A

The next morning I was snuggled into Harry's warm body. His soft breathing make me calm. I look up and took a glance at the wall clock. It says 9 in the morning. I create a small distance between Harry and I. I traced the butterfly tattoo on his chest that really attracts me the most.

"Stop tracing it. It tickles." He murmurs and open his one eye before squinting and opening both.

"Morning." I greeted as he pulls me closer and hugs me.

"Morning." He rasps.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"We can just order breakfast from McDonald coz we need to pack." He said. I nodded.

"Well, come on." I said as we both start packing. We stop for a couple of minutes to eat breakfast and continue packing. I go in the shower first. Scrubbing my body with my favorite body soap and my favorite shampoo. I got out after and put on undergarments before heading out.

I pick out a pink blouse and a white skirt. I tuck it in and paired it up with converse. I pulled my hair on a neat bun and apply some make up. I grab all of my personal belongings and shove it inside my hand bag.

"Hey, are you finish? If you are, let's go already so we can stop by to a restaurant to have lunch." He said. I open the door and give him my luggage and his.

We locked the apartment and Harry pays for our rent and return the keys. He open his car and put the luggage at the back of his car. He open the door for me as I thank him and put on my seatbelt. I plugged my phone again and find song to dance with.

"You know when I got in the audition of the X factor. I'll make a song for you and that should peak at number one at Billboard's top 100." He said. I chuckled.

"You really want to go in the chaotic world of showbiz?" I asked.

"Yes, I find it cool when you're being interview with, sing a song to hundreds of massive fans or walk on a red carpet. You know, stuffs like that." He said.

"Well, you don't have privacy." I said.

"Yeah, but it has perks and it's struggles but I can make it." He said.

"Well, in that case, I'll be your biggest fan." I said. He smiled and reach for my hand and connect it with his. He kiss my knuckles and hold it firmly.

"I'll mention you on my concert." He said as I laughed.

"Your fans will be jealous." I said. He shrugged.

"I don't care." He sassily said. I shook my head and focus my gaze on the roads. We stop at the nearest restaurant at the airport which is Burger King. We eat for a couple of minutes and head to airport.

---
Our plane arrives recently, we were currently eating on a Chinese restaurant nearby since it's now evening and we need to be at the hotel at 8:00 then do a little redo before we head off to Times Square at 10:00. It's currently 6:30 and we were finish. Harry pays the bill of course, since going to New York wasn't in my plan.

After minutes of driving and when the clock hits 7:30 we are on the hotel. Early as we imagine the drive can be. He book a hotel when we were on a plane and all we have do was to get the key and were ready to go.

"We need to share a bed. This hotel was fully booked since all of the people were staying here on Holidays." He said while were on an elevator.

"Okay." I simply said. He swiped the card key and we enter the room. I immediately got into the showers so I have time to pick out my clothes. After taking a brisk shower, I picked out a white V-neck t-shirt and a red skirt. The shirt was tucked in and some portions were tuck in loosely. I wear a moustache necklace and pull out the bun. I applied make up again and put on my sneakers. I grab my blue trench coat and put it on. I also put a bonnet on my head since it's going to be cold.

"I'm finish." I said and Harry look up. He was wearing a white V-neck shirt too, his tattoos was seen through it, his famous tight jeans that I feel like his legs were suffocated already, a green beanie and a black trench coat. His favorite white sneakers. I grab my handbag on the counter as Harry locked the door and we head out.

---
After hours of driving which the clocks read 10:45. A little late since there was a light traffic. Harry parked at the parking space and we immediately got down. He held my hand firmly while were crossing a sea of people. We were on somewhat a private place. Justin Bieber was performing Cold Water. After an hour (11:45)....

"Having fun?" He asked. I nodded.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Harry." I said and hug him. Minutes pass by, people start counting down.

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"Selena, don't forget to wish your parents, Happy New Year later, okay?" He said loudly since the chants were loud.

"4!"

He looked at me and I stared into his green eyes. When we meet eyes, the whole place slows down. Only the sound of people counting down was heard.

"3!"

"2!"

Harry cups my cheeks and pulls me closer by gripping my waist.

"1!" He whispered before he connects our lips together. Fireworks were the only thing I heard. The whole sound were on mute. The whole thing stop and only me and Harry kissing only matters to me. The kiss lasted for a couple of minutes and we both smiled.

"Happy New Year, Sel! Great new year I've ever had." He whispered and peck my lips again.

"Me too, Harry." I said and he hug me tightly. I hugged him back like my whole life depend on him.

"What do you want? You know, as a new year's gift." He said while scratching his nape.

"No, I don't want anything, Haz. You bringing me here was enough. You've spent too much money on me already." I pleaded. He smiled and hugged me.

"What?" I chuckled while he was hugging me for dear life.

"Nothing. You really are precious. Any man will have you was so lucky." He whispered a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Okay, you're getting sappy there. Don't want you to be sappy the whole year. That would be an utter shit if you became one. Because honestly speaking, that is not you." I joked as he laughed. Eyes crinkled with joy, lips turning into a wide grin and dimples poking out.

"Come on. We need to celebrate at the hotel." He said. I nodded as he intertwine our hands while we're walking back to his car.

---
We came at the hotel laughing about the guy who has a bald gaur on seven eleven.

"Did you saw his hair? It's very shiny." I said while I'm trying to contain my laughter.

"He's so bald like you can see you're reflection in it." He said and laugh harder. I join him after minutes, our laughter dies down.

"Well, I was wrong about some things about you. You criticize people." He said while looking directly to my eyes.

"Only the people who deserved to be criticized. I mean, it's fun to judge someone sometimes, but it is still bad." I said. My phone dings and I look at the caller.

"My parents were calling me through video cam. Come quick." I said. I accept the call only to be greeted by Louis' bug face.

"Hey, little sis." He said.

"Louis, get off your big head." Dad yelled at the background.

"Hey, dad and mom and Louis, Happy New Year!" I greeted. They greet me back. Louis got off the screen and having me to see mom and dad.

"Hey, sweetie. How's it going?" Mom said. I smiled.

"It's great, mom." I cheerfully said.

"Hey, Mrs. Gomez. Happy New Year." Harry popped in.

"Hey, Harry. Thanks, you too." Mom politely said.

"So, where are you?" Dad asked.

"Uhhmmm... We currently on New York." I said. Dad fails a smile.

"What are you doing there? I thought you're just spending the New Year's at LA. That's our plan." He said.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Gomez but I was the one to force Selena to go here. I just miss New York and I want to spend New Year's at Times Square. So please don't mad at Selena it's all my plan and she has nothing to do anything about this." Harry explains. Dad sighed.

"Thanks for the explanation, Harry. But my point was I need to know where my daughter was. We were worried. This is the first time Selena travel on her own well, not literally because you are there but what I mean is without us." Dad said.

"I'm very sorry, Mr. Gomez. It's my fault, it's my plan. I'm sorry I didn't let the both of you know that were flying to New York." Harry said. Dad nodded.

"As long as my daughter is safe, I'm fine with it and I trust you, Harry. Anything that can happen to her you will be the one who will I blame." He said. Harry nodded.

"Dad, stop overreacting. Harry looks like he was about to cry." I said. Dad smiled..

"Did you eat already, sweetheart?" Mom asked.

"Well, we buy some sandwiches and slurpees from seven eleven just an hour ago." I said. They nodded.

"Hey, sis. Can you buy me a t-shirt that has I Love NY there? Thanks. I'll pay you." Louis shouted while I saw him eating tacos.

"You make tacos, mom?" I asked. Mom nodded.

"I always did." Mom said.

"Louis! Don't eat all the tacos. I swear I'm not buying that t-shirt you said." I said. Louis smirked.

"I think there's only one piece left oopps, this is the last piece." He teases.

"No!" I whine. Dad chuckled.

"Selena, there are tons of tacos in the fridge every new year and you're the only one who's eating it coz you said it's yours." Mom said.

"But..." I tried to complain but mom shushed me.

After hours of talking to my parents, Harry was done calling his parents too. I change into a more comfortable clothes to sleep on.

"Hey, move." Harry said. He's just wearing a boxer shorts. I was used to him sleeping like that.

"Harry, did you believe in wishing after 12 midnight in New Year's and your wish will come true?" I asked. He shook his head.

"It's on you, you know. Anything you want will come true if you work hard for it not by wishing on Midnight's New Year or 11:11 or even on wishing bone. It's on you. The decision and the way you're going through was still on you. Not by silly little beliefs." He said.

"Okay, but sometimes do you wish that something happen before this thing happening right now happens. I mean, like for example, now we're laying on this bed you wish that something different should happen not just us talking." I said.

"Like I wish that I met you before Haillee." He said. I nodded hesitantly. How does he know?

"I just know. To answer your question, sometimes. I regret the fact that I bully you that much before. I know I can't erase those memories on you but I can replace them with good memories." He said. I smiled as he return the favor genuinely. He pulled me closer and hugged me. He pulls away after and lean down to connect our lips.

"I just wish Haillee and I can do this." He said. That sentence hurt me. He still loves Haillee. I mean, who am I kidding, Haillee is much better than I am.

"Let's just sleep." I said. Trying to control the tears that were threatening to spill. When he nods, I turn my back and he pulls me to his chest that's when tears falls down one by one. I silently cried while he's holding me.

He is so close yet so far. I know I'm strong but in this situation it's better to be vulnerable than to ignore things.

---
A/n: How was it? Comment and Vote. Sweet chapter but sad ending.

3 CHAPTERS LEFT...

Thanks,

Yricka

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 674 91
Harry Styles is the bad-boy. Steven is Harry Styles' best friend, also the boyfriend of Harry's secret crush. Katie has no idea about Harry and Steve...
342 6 26
It started off as a joke, but I started falling for him. He's cute, I can't deny that. We've been best friends since he moved in the apartment right...
67 2 13
Selena was excited for her first day of going back to Phoenix high as a senior with her best friend, Sofia, but what Selena realized that her childh...
21.2K 851 37
Selena and Harry are two best friends since they were young, you can call them weird because they are the weirdest friends ever!!! They do everything...