Living in a Dream - a Joe Sug...

By JKRtotallypink

Hi, my name is Cora Foster. I'm 19 years old, and live with my best friend Aspyn Clicke in the heart of Minne... More

My Name's Cora
The Three Mystery Men
Dream Come True
The News
Surprises Good and Bad
Mistakes Were Made
Visitor
Familiar Faces
Friends?
Forgiven
The Hotel
Embarrassment and Excitement
Sometimes Nervousness is Okay
Take Risks
Relationships
Misunderstanding
With Love Comes Great Sadness
Ask Them
The Dance
Cute and Clumsy
Heartbreak
Hurt, Love, Choices
The Girl
Radio Lies
Who are They Against
Maybe
Lies and Sadness
I Will be There
Guess Who's Back
Trouble
Where Did He Go?
Something Special
Nothing Lasts Forever
Make The Most of It
Is Everything Okay?
What is Happening?
Beautiful Silence
All Is Not Well
So... That Happened
I Can't Do This

Don't Be Afraid

59 2 0
By JKRtotallypink

Aspyn P.O.V.

"Hello," I managed to say, while butterflies frolicked around in my stomach. My heart fluttered just by looking at him. Dan stood up, and walked over to me.

"Hi," Dan replied softly. I instantly felt my heart beat faster, my face go red, my palms get sweaty, and my legs start to shake. And it was the best feeling in the whole world.

"Thank you for, you know, inviting me to come be with you," I stated awkwardly. Dan chuckled in response.

"No problem. Hey, do you want to go sit down?" He asked, gesturing at the bench he was sitting at just a few minutes ago.

"Oh, right, sure," I said, glancing over at the bench. As we walked over to the bench, I held my wrist tightly. It still hurt quite a bit from Sawyer. Dan looked down, and noticed it.

"You okay?" He asked kindly.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'm okay," I lied, as I quickly let go of my wrist. Dan just replied with a cute smile, like he does. We both sat down, and talked for a while. He was so nice, and really funny, and just all around adorable.

"So, um, where do you work? Or, what do you do?" He asked, placing his elbow on the table, and leaning on it.

"I work at a hair salon... I wish I didn't" I uttered, whispering the last part, and dreading the next time I'd have to go in to work.

"Oh, really? That's cool, you like it there?" Dan questioned.

"I did, but not so much anymore," I confessed, letting out a sigh.

"Why not?"

"Crappy co-workers, lots of drama and stuff," I answered.

"Oh, that sucks," he said with empathy in his voice.

"Yeah, it does... Could we change the subject?" I asked, regaining eye contact with him. My ice blue eyes, met his dark chestnut eyes.

"Okay, sure," Dan said with a sly grin, "Why did you kiss me?" My eyes opened wide, and I breathed heavily as I relived the memory.

"Uh, yeah, um, about that. Um, y-you met Sawyer, right?" I asked, hoping desperately Dan would shake his head and say no, but he did the opposite. He nodded.

"Yeah, I know him," he said, seeming still very interested in my story. Of course he knows him, just my luck.

"Well, he is-was, was my boyfriend at the time, and I just saw him, um, I saw him cheating on me, right there. He just started kissing this girl, and I guess I might have done it... to make him jealous," I confessed, instantly feeling my cheeks burn from embarrassment. Dan was silent. "I mean, it was a good kiss," I whispered. Dan's eyes shot up to meet mine. A small smirk emerged on his face, which revealed his gorgeous dimples.

"Was it now?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow. My eyes opened wide from shock. Dan just laughed, which made me crack a smile.

"Y-yeah, yeah it was," I admitted again with a giggle. Suddenly, Dan leaned over, and pressed his soft, pink lips against my own. My body was overtaken with surprise. He then broke away.

"Was that one good as well?" He asked me with a grin, in his pristine British accent.

"Why, yes it was," I announced with a small smile. "So, uh, what now? I mean, were you just planning on kissing me all night? Or were we going to go somewhere?" I asked jokingly. Dan bit his lip, and smiled.

"Well, I mean, I do have a little something planned, but we can stay here for as long as you would like," he declared.

"Oh, tell me! I want to know!" I urged him, hoping he would tell me where we would be going, but he didn't.

"It's a surprise, I can't tell you, now can I? Because then it would ruin the whole thing," Dan stated, I pouted in response. "I think you'll like it."

Cora P.O.V.

Joe put down the phone, after ordering the pizza, and came over to join me on the couch. He grabbed the closest, fuzzy blanket, and enveloped himself inside of it. "So, what are we watching?" I asked him, as I threw my hair up in a messy bun.

"Whatever you'd like to watch," he replied with a smile.

"Well, aren't you just a little gentleman," I teased.

"What can I say, it comes naturally," Joe gloated, to which I laughed. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Well, I want to watch Jurassic World," I suggested with a sly smile.

"Are you sure?" He questioned me, arching an eyebrow.

"I thought you said we could watch anything I wanted?" I reminded him, holding my head high. Joe just sighed in response. A little giggle left my lips, I felt very powerful. I mean, it's not everyday I get to choose the movie. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. I ran to it excitedly, thinking it was the pizza man, but that's not exactly who it was.

"Hello Cora," Gryphon greeted me maliciously when I opened the door. My face scrunched up with anger, and frustration. Without saying a word to her, I slammed the door shut, and locked it.

"Who the heck was that?" Joe yelled from the couch. I glared at the door, as I thought about her on the other side. "Cora! Who was at the door?" Joe asked me once more. Fists formed at my sides. My blood started to boil.

"Freakin' Gryphon," I uttered angrily. Joe's eyes widened. "Yeah," I sighed. Joe came up behind me, and placed his hands on my shoulders gently.

"Listen, the door is locked now, she can't come in," Joe reassured me. I cringed from irritation.

"B-but, she came to my apartment, and knocked on my door! Like, who does that?" I screamed, flailing my arms in the air.

"Cora! Go sit down, we'll put in the movie, and forget this ever happened," he comforted me. Joe led me over to the couch, and I snuggled into the blankets. After a little while, we heard another knock on the door. I shot Joe a worried glance. He placed his hand comfortingly on my own, and went to answer the door. To my surprise, it wasn't Gryphon. I let out a loud sigh of relief, it was just the pizza guy. Joe handed him the money for the pizza, and the man started to walk away. Once he left, I could see Gryphon was just standing behind him the whole time! My mouth dropped. Why is she still here?

"Joe! I have to talk to you. Now!" She demanded.

"Gryphon! Go! I will call the police if you don't leave," Joe threatened, "Seriously, you need to go. You've caused enough problems," Joe ordered, somehow staying calm, although I could hear his voice shake a little bit when he spoke.

"Look, I really have to talk to you. This is important!" Gryphon pleaded urgently, and for a split second, I saw something other than evil and rage in her eyes. I saw remorse. Gryphon looked over at me. I felt this burning hatred towards her, yet, in that very moment, I felt that there was more to her than just jealously and jewelry. For a split second, I trusted her.

"No! Knowing you, you probably have a hidden camera in your necklace or something! Please, Gryphon, just leave," Joe begged one last time. Gryphon sighed. Right when Joe was about to close the door, she looked me right in the eye, and glared deviously, then winked as the door shut. Everything I had just thought, was completely false. How on earth could I be so naïve to trust her? I knew it. I knew she was no good. Why would I think she was anything but evil?

"Joe," I whispered, "She's up to something."

"Yeah, I know, she's always up to something," Joe stated, turning back around to face me.

"No, like something terrible, I can just feel it," I said, a hint of fear in my voice.

"Why?" He questioned, taking a seat on the couch.

"Joe, the way she looked at me before she left, all of it was just a show she was putting on to make us believe her, and trust her... I'm scared, Joe," I confessed. Instantly, I felt small. I was completely vulnerable.

"Don't be scared, you've got me here," he tried his best to make me feel better, but I knew he would only be here for so long. Then what do I do?

"But, Joe. You're not going to be here forever... she will... I will," I said painfully. Joe pressed his lips together.

"I-I know, but I also know that you're extremely strong, and I know you'll be able to handle it, even if I'm not here," he said, water filled his eyes, and mine as well. "This wasn't supposed to be a sad thing! We were just supposed to put in a movie, and have a good time," Joe complained, I inhaled deeply.

"Yeah... I know," I agreed, wiping my cheek with the back of my hand.

"Well, look, we still have time for a movie if you're still wanting to watch one," he said calmly, gently wrapping his arm around me. I nestled into him.

"Okay, let's watch one then," I said, glancing up at his beautiful blue-green eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.4K 24
(COMPLETED) Evalyn Moline and her best friends Marcus, Niomi, and Joe finally graduated high school. They all have their own dreams, but a common one...
3.4K 116 21
Ashley is a popular youtuber with 13 million subscribers who has recently moved to California and met a few boys and when she goes back home to visit...
5.6K 104 24
You have been the best of friends with Joe for as long as you can remember. you then decide that your going to move to London with joe. When you move...
130K 1.8K 60
Joe Sugg imagines. A storyline of you and Joe.