Revenge? Absolutely.

By Elenarenaee

"My sweet pea... You're going to do great things," he whispers in my ear. All of a sudden, I feel a rush go t... More

1. The Turning Point
2. JR
4. Monsters Can't Love?
5. Room for the Enemy
6. This is a Trap
7. 50 Shades of Gray
8. A Gun Can't Hurt Me?
9. Love And Hate
10. Werewolves Don't Exist
11. I Am Death
12. Bitten
*Authors Note* *Please Read*
13. Beef Jerky and the Jerk
14. Dead or Alive
15. Emotions
16. Soulmates

3. A Devil's Kiss

145 20 6
By Elenarenaee

*edited 7/16/16*

*Nathan's POV*

10 years later

I'm standing towards the back of the crowd, preparing myself for what is about to happen. I know this won't be pretty... everybody is going to be pissed.

"Alright, everybody settle down. There's something that needs to be discussed. I know we have kept you all out of the loop, but it was for your own safety. But my brother and I have decided that you're safer knowing the truth," Jonathan says.

Jonathan Gray is my older brother and the leader of The Saviors. We organized an assembly for our main group in Los Angeles, CA, in order to inform them on what's happening. Well, what's been happening for the past 10 years that we decided to keep a secret.

"Now I know you guys have heard the legends and stories of "The JR Killer". How she goes group to group killing our innocent people and leaves behind the letters "JR", written in blood. Well, those legends and stories... are real," he struggles to say. Everyone in the crowd starts to go crazy.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"You kept this from us!"

"You said it was the demons!!"

"You son of a bitch!"

Everyone is now screaming, obviously angry that we kept such a big secret.

"Everyone shut the hell up and listen!" I yell. Everyone suddenly goes quiet.

"Thanks, brother. Now I know we have some explaining to do and that's why we are gathered here today. As you know, many of our groups around the country have perished in the last 10 years, which has delayed our research on finding the cure. That is due to, what we've named her over the years, The JR Killer." He pauses as people start to whisper to each other.

"Many of you know who my father was. Michael Gray. He was a great and loving man who sought out to save the world. He started The Saviors and we plan to continue it. Before JR became "JR" she was an innocent girl who was immune to the demon's bite. My father took her in, with her consent of course, and worked very hard to find out why she was immune. Unfortunately things backfired and she ended up escaping and killing him..."

I could tell it's still very hard for him to talk about our dad's death. He looked up to him and he's a lot like him in many ways. I, on the other hand, think he was a dick and that he had it coming. There is just something fishy about the whole thing, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"JR isn't some normal girl. We can't tell you what she is because there has been no one else like her...ever. She feeds off of human blood; she has unnaturally high speed and strength, the power of compulsion, and she is immortal. We are not sure how she came to be this way, but we suspect it had something to do with her immunity. We don't know what she looks like, other than the fact that she wears the old cloaks our soldiers used to wear. But what we do know is that Wild Rose is toxic to her, that's why we have been growing them, and that's why you all wear identical wild rose bracelets.

Those bracelets also keep you from being compelled if you ever come across her. I would like to remind you all that JR is extremely dangerous, more dangerous than the demons. Not only that but she uses a katana like no other, which makes her even more deadly. With that being said we have a bounty set out for her, in reward you get a lifetime supply of food, no more trading rations. If you are brave enough to fulfill this bounty, I want her back here...with me."

Everyone in the crowd is now talking amongst each other trying to comprehend the news they just received.

"And also please spread the word to other groups across the country... she could be anywhere."

Those are my brother's last words as he walks away from the crowd and walks towards me.

"I don't know about this man... They are all going to die if they actually find her," I say

"I know," he replies.

I look at him in confusion.

"Think about it Nate. If everyone's out looking for her, she'll realize there's a bounty, and that will lead her back to here. Back to us because after all, she wants us two dead the most. We know there's no way in hell any of these people will be able to capture her, so why not bring her to us?"

"It's still a shit plan," I say

"Shut up it's the only way. By the way, I need you to go out of base and find food somewhere. You may need to venture out of the woods to find an old grocery store. I'll send 2 guys with you."

I roll my eyes and walk away. He makes me do everything while he just sits on his ass. His excuse is always "I'm the boss". I've barely slept in days because he's always sending me on night long missions.

I grab my guns, my bag, and I walk out the gates with two guys I've never talked to before, Mike and Chuck. Mike is really quiet and Chuck just won't shut the hell up.

"Oh my god I can't believe The JR Killer is real!!!!!!"

"She's like.... crazy!!!" Chuck says.

"What if she comes now and kills us?!?!?!"

"It's getting dark."

"I'm scared."

" We're going to die."

"She is going to rip our heads off. "

I stop walking and I turn around so Chuck's face is inches from mine. He's a few feet shorter than me and kind of chubby so I look intimidating compared to him.

"If you don't shut the hell up I will rip out your throat and feed it to you," I threaten in his face sternly.

He immediately straightens up and says, "Sorry sir."

The rest of the walk is quiet. There's no wind, no birds or other animals, just our footsteps as we step on leaves. It's almost too quiet, but I decide to ignore it. I'm too focused on finding the right way out of the woods.

As I'm walking I start to think about JR, I'm not sure why but I can't help but think she could be near us. All we have are guns, so if she is here, we're dead. I still hold my assault rifle up as I'm walking to make me feel safe. I'm starting to sweat a little as I'm walking and the crunch of leaves under my feet is driving me nuts. I guess you can say I'm kind of nervous, which is weird because I've never been nervous on a mission.

"Guys this way," I say looking back

What the hell?

Mike and Chuck are nowhere to be found. I swear they were behind me just a second ago! It's starting to get dark, and the wind is picking up. Leaves are flying everywhere, and I can barely see what's in front of me. I can feel the hair standing up on my arms and neck and goosebumps forming over my entire body.

"Mike? Chuck? Where the hell are you guys?!" I yell. Nothing.

The wind is getting stronger, and I think a storm is coming through. Leaves are hitting my face and body and I feel the wind start to push me.

"Shit!" I say. I put my arms up to my face to shield myself from any leaves or debris that are flying at me.

Then it stops.

I put my arm down slowly, thinking the storm must of stopped, but I'm welcomed with another surprise. A figure is standing in the distance, but I can't quite see who it is.

"Mike is that you???" I yell.

Silence.

I squint my eyes trying to make out the figure but then all of a sudden it's standing right in front of me.

"What the fuck?!" I jumped back. The figure in front of me is wearing an old, grey cloak that covers it from head to toe. The hood is covering it's face causing the person to be unrecognizable. I then look at the katana it's holding and see that the handle is carved with the letters "JR".

"You," I say with my eyes wide. I feel like I'm going into shock but I pull myself together so that I'm ready for a fight. She slowly starts to walk toward me.

"Don't take another step," I command with my gun held up to her.

"You're not going to shoot me," She says as she takes another step.

That's one thing I hate about people. They underestimate me and think I don't have the guts to do certain things. I pull the trigger on my gun, hitting her straight in the heart. She stumbles back a bit and then I watch in horror as the bullet removes itself from her chest.

Before I can react, I'm shoved up against a tree. I can feel the tree bark scrape my back and I wince from the pain. She shoves her arm against my throat and cuts off my airway; I'm struggling to breathe. She makes the mistake of moving her body close to me, instead of away, and I knee her in the stomach. I knock the wind out of her and she stumbles back trying to compose herself. I then punch her and she falls to the ground.

As she falls, her hood comes off. A head full of brown curls lands on the ground. I immediately pin her to the ground so that she can't get up. Her hair is covering her face so I can barely see her.

"JR," I say.

She suddenly starts laughing. She's laughing so hard to the point of tears.

"What the hell is so funny?"

"That you think you're stronger than me," She replies.

All of a sudden, I end up under her as she's pinning me to the ground. In that time frame, she also managed to get her hood back on.

"Shit, let me go!" I exclaim struggling to escape, but she is way too strong. I can feel her nails digging into my arm and breaking my skin.

She remains silent but starts to move her head towards my neck.

Shit, Shit, Shit, is all I can think.

I feel her lips brush against my neck and then her teeth. All I can think is that I'm going to die by the same monster that killed my father. She's going to drain the life out of me and not even care. I feel her smelling and kissing my neck, trying to find the perfect place to sink her teeth in. But then she stops.

Is she hesitating?

And then she does something I would have never expected in a million years.

She moves her head so that it's level with mine and she kisses me. I feel her slip her tongue in, and for some reason I go along with it. We're moving our lips in sync like we've done this a million times, and I feel so attracted to her in this moment, like I've known this girl my whole life... like I'm in love with her.

But then I remember who she is and what she does. I move to push her off of me but of course...

She's gone.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter was little shorter.... Crazy time jump huh?

Bet you weren't expecting the last scene ;) I wonder why Nathan feels so attracted just by a kiss? And I wonder why JR kissed him? You'll have to keep reading to find out ;)

Next update in a day or 2! <3

Thanks for all the reads and votes in such a short amount of time! I really appreciate it!

Please leave feedback, vote, and share my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 1K 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
2.7K 105 36
18+ Trigger warning for talk of suicide/drugs.* A story about a young human girl who tries to steal from a fae man. She gets put in a cell under the...
161K 2.7K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...