Futuristic Reality | Rookie!L...

FabulousCakeMaster

Modern!AOT au 。。。。 《A lone rose among the thorns》 。。。。 Her alias was Rose due to her beauty and grace. But ev... Еще

Information
Intro. Lies
2. Hope
3. Opportunities
5. Stubbornness
6. Effect
7. Motherly
8. Never-ending
9. Like
10. Thanks
11. Pasts
12. Sync
13. Injured
14. Bite
15. Reveal
16. Blush
17. Forget
18. Love
19. Squad
20. Breached
21. Join
22. Snap
23. Race
24. Episode
25. Birthday
26. Dead
27. Medication
28. Annie
29. Warmth
30. Questions
31. Truth
32. Cold
33. Dread
34. Inquiries
35. Recklessness
36. Assurance
37. Sorry
38. Changes
39. Location
40. Found
41. Push
42. Monster
Fin. Flower

4. Cooperation

17.3K 526 1.5K
FabulousCakeMaster

Team.

Partner.

Group.

Friends.

I dislike those words.

Because they always seem to leave me. It frustrates me that the minute they see who I really am, they run away like cowards. They see me as a ruthless, cold-hearted killer on the brink of insanity. It annoys me and I'd rather work alone.

Because friendships, relationships, and teamwork has betrayal scribbled all over it.

In my eyes, they're useless. They don't know what would happen once someone turns on them. Because there's always a person who will betray you.

Your comrade.

Your friend.

Your best friend.

Your sibling.

Your mother.

I'm independent. I work alone. Having this stranger by my side will ruin my perspective and work. That...that midget will only get in the way.

"This can't be happening..." I mumbled, gripping my hair. Erwin sighed. "It is, sorry (y/n)..."

"Don't say sorry, I knew it. You can't just let me work alone for once! I'm always stuck doing the same shit again and again. Going on a mission with a cowardly comrade and then I never see them again." I rant out. I breathed in frustration.

"(y/n)-" Erwin started to speak.

"I'm NOT training that midget!" I said pointing at Levi and standing, although I was only taller than him by a few centimeters.

"(Y/N)! You will NOT speak to me or him like that!" Erwin almost yelled. He tried to keep his calm but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"You're not my dad! Stop treating me as a daughter! I've never had a father and I don't consider you one." I yelled. I almost regretted my words. He was more than a father to me. Erwin was a savior to me. Saving me from darkness by giving me an opportunity. Through my 14 years of being here, he treated me as a daughter. He watched me grow up into what I am now. He was the closest thing I've had to a father.

With wide eyes, I stood in shock and set my arm down. He looked down and nodded. "I see..." He said quietly. Then, it was like he changed instantly. From broken to stone hearted.

"But you WILL train Levi and WILL be going on missions together from now on. Do not argue with me. Our training sessions together are now overseeing as you don't need ME anymore. Your dismissed. My secretary will escort you out." Erwin finalized. I didn't argue and turned on my heel and walked out the door. Isabel and Farlan followed a little behind me.

"I don't think we were suppose to see that..." Isabel whispered to Farlan. He shrugged and sighed. Levi stayed quiet and walked a little in front of us. I felt a piece of my heart shatter and fall to the ground as I lost another.

"It's always me that tears everything to shreds," I whispered. Levi heard me and glanced at me. I closed my eyes to blink the tears away. I speed walk down the hall into the elevator. Once it opened I passed by Faith who tried to reach out to me. But I left before she could catch up. I ran to my car and yank open the door but before I could start the ignition...Levi opened the passenger side. He sat down and set my forgotten bag in the back.

"Apparently we live in the same apartment." He said. I bit my lip and breathed in to hold my anger at bay. I start the car and zoomed home. Once we were at my apartment he looked around and set his bag on the couch.

"Your room is the last door in the hallway, my room is right beside you...so if you need anything just knock," I say quietly as I trudged to my room. Once I locked the door to my room, I slide down the door and curled up in a ball.

"I'm so alone. I ruin everything. With or without my powers." I whisper as I fell asleep in the same position.

Next morning...

I awoke with a pain in my neck and body. I was sore from sleeping in an uncomfortable position. I groan and stretch my body. I open the door and peek out to see an empty corridor but the smell of bacon and pancakes fill the air. I take a good whiff of it while walking to the bathroom.

After getting ready in the usual uniform, I went down the stairs silently to see Levi sitting on the table with a cup of tea in his hand. He held it an odd way as he took a sip. I look at him and the stove behind him on the gas stove. Everything was cleaner than before and breakfast was hot and ready. I sat down across from him and mumbled a thanks. He nodded his head while scrolling through his phone. I quickly ate and cleaned my dishes. I put them to the side to dry when he came up from behind me and stared at the dishes.

"What?" I say.

"Are you sure they're clean?" He asks with a sharp tone. I glance at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Of course I just washed them," I say sassily. He continued to stare at the dishes and gave me a look.

"Wash it again." He simply says.

"I just washed them!" I argue. He shook his head.

"Tch, let me do it." He pushes me strongly but not enough to topple me over. I stumble a bit and catch my footing as he found a pair of gloves. I look at him with confused and shocked eyes. He went to work and washed the dishes as if they had a really bad stain. I glance back and forth from the dishes to Levi and then everything clicked.

"You have OCD..." I mumbled. His head snapped towards me and glared.

"What of it?" I shook my head.

"I'm just saying it. Is there something wrong with me speaking?" I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. He rolled his eyes back to the dishes. Instead of letting them dry, he got a clean brown towel and wiped them all. He put them away afterward and continued to his room.

"We got to get to HQ today. I got an email that we have our first mission today." I said to him. He didn't stop going up and glanced at me.

"Whatever." He mumbles and retreats into his room to get ready. I sat on the couch and sighed.

'A mission on the first day. I haven't even trained him. Why is Erwin immediately putting new recruits into the field without much training? Are we really losing that many agents?' I thought. My questions float around in my head until I heard footsteps down the stairs. I got up and grabbed my phone, keys, and all my other stuff. I opened the door, locked it, and went into the driver's seat. Levi entered the passenger and threw his stuff into the back seat. I did the same and started the car.

I backed out and then we were off speeding down the road. Once we arrived, Levi silently grabbed both his and my bag while I threw him the uniform jacket. I put mine on and entered HQ with Levi following me. People were bustling through the halls and entering and exiting. Almost made me dizzy from watching them.

I walked to the receptionist desk and saw Faith. She waved and gave me a profile. Whenever we had a mission, whether it was a search and destroy or assassination, we always got a profile about our target. I sat on the couch a little bit away from the receptionist desk and Levi sat next to me but really far. I scoot a bit and take out my phone to pull out the email.

"Read this. It's our mission." I gave him my phone and he read it.

----

(Y/n) and Levi, we have a mission for you. People are buying and selling many illegal drugs from this anonymous person who calls himself, The Dealer. These drugs aren't your ordinary ones though, they're deadly. Apparently, they are poisoned but the buyers hasn't found out yet. Forensic investigators searching the case revealed that they were indeed deadly. These drugs are called, Biters. Your mission is to search the source of the drugs and destroy them. Everyone is to be dead as well as the Dealer. Anyone else associating with these drugs must come to an end.

You have no time limit but we prefer it to be quick before anyone else dies. We have much faith in you, recruits.

Good luck.

-Erwin Smith
Administrator of the Survey Corps

----

I opened the file with information about the Biters. A lot of information and sightings of it being sold. Pictures of people selling them under in the train station or suitcase switching. There was a lot of them. I counted 121 sightings and known people. I did a little more research as Levi looked at the file.

"Hey, Levi," I said, not taking my eyes off my phone. He hummed in response.

"I think I found a way to get them all at once instead of tracking them down," I said.

"How?" He asked and leaned over my shoulder to look at my phone.

"There's a banquet about the drugs. The Dealer is hosting it. Apparently, anyone who's buying the drugs is invited and they bid on packs of it." I inform him.

"There's an auction happening?" He asked and I nodded.

"We can probably sneak in and act as if we're guests. Then find the source and just blow it up. Boom." I clapped my hands and did a rainbow motion. He nodded and I looked back.

"We'll have to steal the guest list to see who's there and who's not and to put our names in it. I counted 121 people, including the Dealer." I said.

"Alright. When do we start?" He asks and looks back at the file.

"Tonight or tomorrow? I'd like to see how you are in combat and just teach you the basics of our weaponry." I said and stretched. He hummed in agreement and got up.

"Let's go," Levi stated and I nodded. He followed me to the training room where I got him started on the weapons. I handed him our 3DMG and I saw a flash of recognition in them. I ignored it and taught him how to use it.

"Put pressure on these handles to shoot gas and try to keep your balance. Let's practice a bit on your balance." I said and finished explaining the basics. I hooked him onto the practice gear and he did it flawlessly. I then helped him into a real one noting that he has done this before. I didn't know how or when but I knew not to press on.

"Try this course and slice any tangos. They'll be red. Watch out for the civilians though, they're blue. I'll count how many you got. There are 25 enemies, find them all in under 30 minutes and meet me at the end of the course." He nodded and I clicked the timer. He shot off into the course that was the size of a small village. This room was to train new recruits and practice for assassins. As an assassin, you have to practice parkour in order to slip in and out of your target's building. It comes in handy in a lot of situations.

I put on my own gear and followed Levi from afar. He flawlessly killed 3 reds in 4 minutes. Some of them are pretty spread out so he might run out of gas if he doesn't use it wisely. He looked lost in his thoughts but had the eyes of an eagle. Anything that was red he immediately went towards it. I'm guessing he'll have to be a double A too if Erwin wants me to train him. I sighed and ran my finger through my (h/l) hair. I glanced at my watch and went towards the end of the course. I let my eyes close as I felt myself break through the air. I was going pretty fast as the wind flowed through my hair and kissed my face. I decided to practice a bit of parkour while I'm here. My eyes opened as the world turned upside down. I front flipped letting my wires retreat back into their places. I rolled onto the floor letting my shoulders take the pressure and ran for a few feet before I jumped up as my wires grabbed onto the walls of a building.

I thrust into the air when a thud interrupted my parkour. My hands tightened around the handles of my swords as I went towards the sound. I looked around and saw a pair of gear on the floor. I sighed and got down. I picked it up when I heard quiet footsteps behind me. I set it on the table quickly and turned around just in time to grab a hand holding a wooden knife. Levi's steel gray eyes met my (e/c) eyes. I sighed and let go of his wrist.

"You almost had me," I said. He looked to the side and tsked.

"You have good reflexes." He said bluntly. I nodded in thanks and looked at my watch.

"You finished?" I asked and he nodded.

"What are the gears for anyways?" He asked quietly.

"Anyone, recruits, assassins. Sometimes we won't have transportation or can't walk to our missions so we usually use the gear. The gear enables us to get to our mission if it's in the Underground or stuff." I explained. At the word, Underground, his hands went into fists. I ignored it since it wasn't my business to pry into his life. He can tell me whenever he wants to. "Anyways, I'm assuming Erwin wants you to be a double A if he put under my care so I'll teach you parkour next, with and without the gear," I added.

We trained the basics for the rest of the day and he quickly caught on to everything. He must have trained or something when he was younger because he almost became as good as me. And I've been training for 14 years. He peaked my interest and almost no one does that. He made me curious about him but I couldn't pry. He has his business and I have mine. I can tell he won't be opening up anytime soon.

After 8 hours of training - including breaks and lunch - we went "home" to prepare for our mission. We both agreed we'll go tomorrow in the early morning since the banquet was being held in Russia. It was almost a 10-hour flight from Washington DC to our destination. I've had around 4 missions in Russia and the terrain is pretty easy to escape. Levi was a quick learner, I am unsure how we'll be compatible as partners.

I packed my stuff after getting home. I decided to skip dinner and just eat tomorrow. I took out a small suitcase and grabbed 2 weeks worth of clothing. The banquet was being held 3 days after we arrive. That would be enough time to scout out the area and steal the guest book. I put my suitcase right next to my door and changed into some night clothes. I collapsed onto my bed and set my alarm for 4 am.

My night consisted of my nightmares and so, I wasn't able to get any sleep.

----

I woke up with bags under my eyes.

I sprinted into the bathroom and got ready. I covered up my horrible face with makeup and I looked...decent. It wasn't noticeable so I just went with it. I brought my suitcase down the stairs and set it in front of the front door then sat down across from Levi, who was already eating breakfast. Breakfast was 2 pancakes with fruits and bacon. After eating the fruit, half of one pancake, and one bacon piece I threw away the rest of the food. I didn't feel like eating and I know it is a waste of food that Levi spent time on but I didn't really care. I didn't eat anymore. Just eating that small portion made me want to throw up. Levi noticed me being odd and the makeup caked on my face but didn't address it.

Silently, we packed our stuff into the trunk of my car and got to the airport. After getting our plane tickets we went to security. Levi was about to go the regular line when I pulled him towards a different line for agents. He was confused until I whispered, "That's for civilians, this line is for agents."

He nodded and I showed the security my badge and Levi showed his. He nodded and took us behind a door that led to a different line full of agents. Some I recognized and others I didn't. When we walked in, the chatter turned into silence as I felt the stares of agents that recognized my face. Whispers filled up the place as we stood in line. Levi glared at anyone who stared at him. He glanced at me when we got through security. I ignored his stare and walked onto the plane. I got a window seat on the right side of the plane as Levi sat next to me. I plugged in headphones that drowned out the instructions of the flight attendant and got lost in the sounds of (favorite music).

----

"You bas(s)!" I yelled. He glared at me as he fixed his tie.

"What?" He simply said.

"You know what! You little s(hirt), this is a PARTNER mission. Which means we have to do it TOGETHER. You f(lipping) just finished the mission ALONE! Are you for real?!" I was beyond furious. Never in my life have I met a man this frustrating!

"You should be happy I finished the mission or else we would've been overstaying at this filthy place. Now stop being a brat and pack your stuff. We are leaving." He ordered. I shook with fury. How DARE this man treat me like a child. How DARE he orders me around as if I was the newbie and not HIM.

"You are not to be ordering me around. I am the trainer here and you're just the cadet that follows orders." I argued.

"Tch." Was all he said. ALL he said. No other words just a simple click of his tongue. I stomped my bare foot on the ground. He started to walk away back to our car. The burning heat behind me tickled my skin as I stayed in place.

"HEY!" I yell. He ignored me.

"GET BACK HERE!!" Still ignored. I growled and glanced at my heels clutched in my hand. I threw a heel at him in anger and it successfully hit the back of his head. It fell to the floor with a clunk as Levi stopped. He turned around slowly with a glare that could strangle anyone into submission.

But not me.

I didn't falter under his gaze nor did I let my glare weaken. It only got stronger. He walked back quicker than I imagined and he grabbed my arms into a tight grasp. We were so close that I could feel his breath on my face. It smelled of the wine that we were offered to at the party. I tilted my head up to stare into his eyes and continued my glare.

"What." He said with a deadly tone.

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

3 hours ago...

I was dressed in a beautiful red gown with soft ruffles flaring out. Long, red gloves covered half of my arms as my hair flowed behind me. Fire-like flowers adorned my hair as red heels covered my feet.

Levi knocked on my door and I let him in. He was dressed in a regular tux with a black tie. His blazer was unbuttoned and his undershirt was tucked in. I gave him a hoister where he put his pistol into and strapped it around his waist. He made sure it was hidden by his blazer. I grabbed a clutch and put in the necessary things into it as well as a pistol with ammo. I plugged in an earpiece as did he. I couldn't find a red dress with a slit so I had to go with this dress. It was absolutely beautiful but I might have to rip it if I want to escape.

"Ready? The party starts in half an hour." Levi asked. I nodded and checked everything. I closed the door to my hotel room and walked next to Levi down to the lobby. People stared at us in awe and some took pictures. I kept my blank look and suppressed the rising blush as people whispered compliments.

"She's beautiful!"

"Like a rose."

"He looks too cool for me."

"They look good together!"

"Power couple in the house."

"I don't even know them but they're now my new OTP."

'OTP? What the...'

I shook my head and Levi opened the door to the passenger seat for me. I slide in as he closed the door softly but firmly and went into the driver's seat.

"Address." He said. I pulled it up on my map and showed him. I checked if the bombs we had were in the car while he started the car. We drove for 20 minutes until we arrived. A mansion glowed brightly as cars drove around the fountain in front of it. They parked in front of the huge stairs that led to the entrance. A person on a stand asked for names as other servants drove the cars near the garage that was a little bit away from the entrance. Some people were walking and others were chatting in front. We stopped in front and a servant opened the door for me. His face turned into shock as I stepped out. Levi appeared behind me and threw the keys at the guy. He clumsily caught it.

"Don't scratch my car." Levi hissed and held out his arm. I entwined my arm with his arm and we walked to the man on the stand.

"Names please." The guy said, clearly bored.

"Grey and Rose Campbell," Levi spoke. The man nodded and looked for our names.

"You're free to go in. Enjoy the party." The man confirmed. We nodded and walked up the stairs into a ballroom. People were in pairs and dancing or sitting at tables talking. I'm guessing the topic was about the drugs. This place was really fancy for a drug auction. We walked in and decided to sit at a table.

"Fit in. Find the source. Then destroy it." I repeated our plan in a simple form. He nodded and we got up to talk to others. I went up to a group of women who had glasses of wine or vodka in it.

"Hello ladies," I said as I walk over.

"Oh hello there! Are you here to buy Biters too?" A woman greeted.

"Of course she is! Why wouldn't she be here?" Another one sarcastically said.

"She could be a spy!" The lady exclaimed. I played it off cool though by chuckling.

"Oh no, I couldn't be. I'm too busy sorting my shoes out." I said jokingly. The women laughed and bought it.

"I love shoes too! What is your favorite type?" A younger lady said, around her thirties I assume.

'Combat boots.'

"High heels." I thought and said at the same time. We chatted for a while until my legs started to ache for standing so long.

"I'll talk to you later ladies." I waved goodbye as a fake but realistic smile plastered onto my face. They all waved goodbye and continued to drink and talk. I walked near a door that led into the kitchen. Quietly and swiftly, I slipped in and sneaked around. I hid behind a cabinet as a chef was going by. I rile my skirt up and open a door to what I'm assuming is the basement. The chefs and waiters/waitresses were called to the ballroom for something so the kitchen was empty. A pot of shrimp and chicken soup laid boiling on the stove as well as other types of food for the guests. I shut the door behind me quietly and went down. I watched my step down the stairs since they were steep and when I looked up I almost cheered.

"Jackpot," I said. In front of me were chests and piles of Biters as well as other drugs. I pressed onto my earpiece.

"Grey. I found the source." I said and looked around. My heels quietly clicked on the cement as I peek into the bags.

"I did too," Levi said back. I was confused.

"What?" I asked. He didn't answer my question.

"You might want to get out of the mansion."

"Why?" I was stubborn. I wouldn't let him boss me around.

"Because I'm about to detonate the place. Now hurry your as(sistant) out here!" He said quickly. My eyes widened as my mouth opens in shock. He set up the bombs in what, 2 hours? I took my dress and stuff up the stairs when I was spotted by a waiter.

"Hey you!!" He was about to grab me when I punched him in the face. He instantly passed out onto the floor. I walked out of the kitchen like nothing happened after dragging his body into the freezer. I swiftly avoid people so I could get to the entrance. I was about a few feet away when someone swept me into their arms. I was swayed away into the middle of the crowd where couples were dancing. A drunk man held me way too low for my liking. His breath smelled of almost all kinds of alcohol that even I couldn't remember them.

"Hey, darling. Wanna...have a good...time?" He slurred. I crinkle my nose in disgust and pull away.

"No thank you."

"Oh come on! You'll have a...great time!" He persisted. I shook my head no. His face turned into anger and right when he was going to grab me, Levi came in and held me protectively in his arms.

"I am sure that my lady has refused to 'have a good time' with you. Now I suggest you leave before I call security for harassing my WIFE." Levi glared at the man who looked like he pissed himself.

"Sorry, sir." He then ran away into the crowd. Levi turned to me and looked at me. I looked at him. We stared at each other for a bit when he bent down and took off my shoes. He then gave them to me and grabbed my hand. We ran outside just in time as the mansion burst into flames. Screams of agony and terror filled the air as my hair flows in the wind. The amount of wind pushed us a bit and we stumbled onto the street. I looked back in shock as I watched the flames eat the whole mansion in a matter of seconds. Everything smacked me in the face as I realized what happened. I turned around to face him as anger rose on my face.

"You bas(s)!" I yelled. He glared at me as he fixed his tie.

"What?" He simply said.

"You know what! You little shi(p), this is a PARTNER mission. Which means we have to do it TOGETHER. You f(lipping) just finished the mission ALONE! Are you for real?!" I was beyond furious. Never in my life have I met a man this frustrating!

"You should be happy I finished the mission or else we would've been overstaying at this filthy place. Now stop being a brat and pack your stuff. We are leaving." He ordered. I shook with fury. How DARE this man treat me like a child. How DARE he orders me around as if I was the newbie and not HIM.

"You are not to be ordering me around. I am the trainer here and you're just the cadet that follows orders." I argued.

"Tch." Was all he said. ALL he said. No other words just a simple click of his tongue. I stomped my bare foot on the ground. He started to walk away back to our car. The burning heat behind me tickled my skin as I stayed in place.

"HEY!" I yell. He ignored me.

"GET BACK HERE!!" Still ignored. I growled and glanced at my heels clutched in my hand. I threw a heel at him in anger and it successfully hit the back of his head. It fell to the floor with a clunk as Levi stopped. He turned around slowly with a glare that could strangle anyone into submission.

But not me.

I didn't falter under his gaze nor did I let my glare weaken. It only got stronger. He walked back quicker than I imagined and he grabbed my arms into a tight grasp. We were so close that I could feel his breath on my face. It smelled of the wine that we were offered to at the party. I tilted my head up to stare into his eyes and continued my glare.

"What." He said with a deadly tone.

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

-----

A/n: Sup' friends! I'm back to writing and I'm so happy!!!! I apologize for the late chapter. I wanted to put this idea in and then it ended up being 5000 words.

5000

Words

That's the most I've written for a chapter! I'm actually proud of myself and this chapter! By the way, this hasn't been edited and neither has the other chapters. If you see a mistake please comment about it! It would be a great help.

Anywho, it seems that our protagonists' mission was a success but a fail for cooperation. Levi completely finished the mission by himself as (y/n) tried to fit in.

(Y/n) is doubting that they could be compatible as partners and her interest in Levi is soaring high.

What do you think will happen next?

Will their hate for each other grow?

Or will a love blossom between them.

I don't know, I'm an author. We are cruel but awesome.

Same as for readers. You guys are awesome.

Alright, I got to sleep before I wake up late for school.

Hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Published: October 30, 2016
Edited ✔️

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

79 7 7
An assassin with an unknown past and her closest friend get taken into the survey corps. She is fierce, brave, smart, selfless, honest and stoic. She...
144K 4K 17
You have a rough past, your father leaving you for the Scouting Legion and dying, being a assassin, living in the underground, getting caught by the...
531K 20.9K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...
776 29 10
A job that you thought wouldn't last even a month, all that turned upside down by humanity's strongest. Funny, because he didn't expect to fall in lo...