The Wolves ***Book One in Riv...

LizzieWildblood tarafından

***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants... Daha Fazla

Death and new life
First day
Logan
Alexia
The Game
Joe's pizza
Analysing
My Wolf
Her Wolf
Mis - understood
Jealous
Just Driving
Tarzan
Back off
Out To Buy!!!
Coming Very Soon....
****Out To Buy****

Honesty

33K 803 59
LizzieWildblood tarafından

Its date night!!

hope you like it.

love Lizzie

xxx

--------

--------

Ok....I have about ten minutes before he should be here. I can't stop thinking about how he makes me feel. I'm sort of excited to go out but then I feel guilty. I shouldn't be happy this soon after my parents death should I? That's not normal is it? Maybe I should just tell him I'm ill and that I can't go. But I can't bring myself to do it. It's like my body is desperate to get near him. I don't want this though. I don't want a relationship. That's what I keep telling myself and everyone else about Chris anyway. I grab my new pink hoodie, I'll have to ask him how he knew about it, and carry it down stairs with me. I won't need it on just yet. I have a long sleeve fitted top on with a looser fitting tee over the top. Layers is the way to keep warm I've found out. I have on my dark blue skinny jeans and a new pair of brown leather calf boots. I hope they're comfy.

My phone goes off, looking at the screen I can see it's a text from Amber asking about the party. I quickly type a reply saying I can't make it, but I don't give her the real reason. I don't want to tell her who I'm meeting with. Not that there's anything important to tell anyway.

Right on time I hear the doorbell buzzing and I quickly make my way to answer it.

"How do you know where I live?" The words pop out of my mouth before I even think I'm going to say them. Then I'm just staring at him standing there smirking at me. Why is he so hot. It really shouldn't be allowed. I don't think straight around him.

"Well, hello to you too, Alexia." He says in his low sexy voice. It would be perfect for singing rock songs, to me...... Ok stop dreaming, he just spoke to you.

"Uh, hello, you could just call me Alex you know, everyone does."

"Well, Alexia, I'm not everyone. You ready to go?" I do like the way he says my name.

"Yeah I'm all good. Where are we going exactly? And just so you know I don't usually just get in a strangers car." He looks a little confused and hurt by what I say.

"We're not strangers Alexia, we just don't know each other as much as we should. Yet. And I'm going to take you to a special place of mine." He opens up his car door for me and gives me a hand up into his truck. As we touch I feel the familiar jolt, I wonder if he feels it
too. If he does he doesn't let it show. He closes my door and gets in the other side.

"So this special place of yours, is that what you tell all the other girls you take there?" I'm asking honestly, I really do want to know but I secretly hope it is a special place to him. Not just somewhere to hook up with Tara. He turns to me and looks me in the eye.

"I actually have never taken anybody there. I just wanted to show you. I thought you would like it. I like to go there to think. And just be on my own. I thought you may need someplace like that yourself. You know just to think things through." He faces forward, starts the engine and starts driving.

"Oh and what sort of things do I need to think through exactly?" I look out the window, watching the woods go past.

"Um, reasons of why you moved here maybe?" I turn to face him and raise my eyebrows to ask what he means. I know what he means, but no one at school has mentioned that they know about my parents and I haven't either, it's easier that way.

He carries on.

"My mum gets on quite well with Sara. She's bought a few of her art pieces actually, and they go for coffee sometimes. So Sara mentioned her niece was coming to live with her and the reasons why. I actually get on with my mum, so she just said that we would have a new girl at school. And well, you're the only new girl so...."

I nod my head, not really knowing what to say. So I don't say anything and just go back to looking out the window. Logan turns on some music, but turns it down after ten minutes when neither of us has said anything.

"Alexia?" He asks gently.

"Yes?" I reply without looking at him.

"Do you mind that I know? I just didn't want to pretend like I didn't know, when I actually did know. I want us to be honest with each other."

"Why? We don't know each other. Most of the time these past few weeks you've acted as if you couldn't stand me." I watch his hands tighten on the steering wheel.

"It's not you that I can't stand. It's the people around you most the time. Which usually consists of one person. Usually with his arm around you. What's going on there anyway?" He seems a little annoyed right now and I feel the need to calm him down, but at the same time I'm also a little annoyed myself that he thinks there could be something with me and Chris and still agree to go out with him. Although he didn't actually give me chance to agree back at the mall.

"Well, obviously nothing is going on with me and Chris. I've known him a month and if there was then I wouldn't be sat here in your car. I'm not that type of girl. I'm nothing like Tara, and if you thought I was then maybe you should just take me back home now." He smiles at me.

"I'm glad your not like Tara. I don't want you to be like her. hey, forget i said anything. We're almost here now. Bring your hoodie. The temperature will drop soon and we'll be walking a little way from the car." He stops the car on the side of the road, gets out and goes to the boot to grab a back pack.  I get out and wonder if this was such a good idea. I'm in the middle of no where with a guy I don't really know. Although I don't feel scared of him. I sort of feel safe.

"Ready?" He asks looking at me. "You still want to be here? With me?" He seems like a shy little boy. Unsure. I didn't think Logan would have this softer side of him. He's always so confident at school.  I look up a him and smile. A real smile.

"Yeah I want to be here. With you. Let's go see this place. And do some thinking." I laugh slightly as I say the last few words. And he seems to settle back into his confidence again.

"Ok then, let's go." He grabs my hand and leads the way. We walk like that for about fifteen minutes. Neither of us talking. Just listening to the sound of the woods. I'm just busy looking where I'm going so don't fall flat on my face and embarrass myself.

After a few more minutest the trees thin out and a large lake comes into view.  It makes me speechless. It's so beautiful here. And quiet. A place where you can truly think.

"Wow, Logan. This place is beautiful. How did you find it. It's so peaceful here." I let go of his hand and walk closer to the edge of the water. I wish it were a hot summers day. It would be perfect to swim in.

"I like to go for runs in the forest, I found this place a few years ago. I've never seen anyone here but me." He's looking out over the water, standing next to me.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask quietly. More to myself really. But he heard me. He just shrugs his shoulders.

"You reminded me of this place. The first time we met, in the classroom." He looks at me, questioning me if I remember.

"I remember. So what things do you need to think through?" He takes his back pack off, pulls out a blanket and lays it on the ground. He sits down and pats the ground next to him.

"Sit" I do.

"Well I said I get on with my mum. I do. Really well.  But my dad is a whole other issue. He has certain expectations of me. Responsibilities. I'm not sure I want them. It involves someone else and I'm not sure it's what best for them. I want that person to stay safe. If I do what's expected I don't know if I could do that, you know, keep, them safe. They'd always be in danger." He looks out across the lake. I'm sure he's deliberately not looking at me.

"But what's the expectations. What would you have to do?" He sighs and looks at me.

"I would have to take away someone's free will. And I used to think I could do that. But now that I've met them..... I don't think I could. I think I like them too much to take away their right to choose."

"Right to choose what?" I ask quietly.

"Who they want to be with for the rest of their lives." I smile and give a little laugh. I think he must have gotten confused over what his dad wants. He's still in school, he can't take away someone choices like that.

"You can't take that choice away from someone Logan. I mean how would you even do it? It's not possible. Are you sure that's what he wants you to do." he looks sad and nods slowly.

"Yeah, pretty sure. I've been told it all my life. My family have traditions. And I suppose you could call them arranged marriages of a sort." Marriage? And why did the thought of him marrying someone make me ache inside.

"So do you have to choose who gets married, or do you have to get married?" I take a deep breath, not really wanting to know the answer. He's 17. He can't get married. It's insane.

"Well it's not officially marriage, but it's as good as. And I have to do it. But I don't do the choosing. That's left to a .....higher power. Something like fate. Thing is, I think it would work with me and this other person, but how can I take away her choice like that, and put her in danger."

He has an arranged marriage planned. His life is already planned out for him. No wonder he's always angry at school.

I don't want him to marry someone else.

He gets up and moves towards the water. The warmth I was feeling from his body is gone, and I'm left feeling cold, and put on my hoodie. My head is spinning. I think I'm about to faint. He turns around and looks at me, with a confused look on his face.

"Alexia?" He says softly.

"Why am I here Logan, why are you telling me all this?" He has hardly said two words to me since I've been here and now he's sharing his deepest secrets with me.

"Honestly?" He asks, I nod slowly. "I'm not too sure. I think there's a connection between us and I just wanted to get to know you."

"So why has it taken you four weeks to actually have a nice conversation with me? And what about this other girl. Does she know? What danger would she be in?"

"No she doesn't know anything about it. And as for nice conversations, I thought you were with Chris. He annoys me. You being with him affects me." I see the way he tenses when he speaks. He really must not like Chris.

"But you're team mates. Aren't you supposed to get on with each other?" He walks over to me and holds out his hands for me to take. I'm slowly getting used to the feelings in my body when we touch so I can touch him now without showing a reaction. I must be a better actress than I thought. He pulls me up, a bit too fast and I crash into his hard chest. But he just holds me there not letting me move away.

"I don't want to talk about Chris. And I didn't plan this evening to be this serious so a change of subject is needed. Tell me things about you. I want to get to know you." He steps away from me, and I let go of the breath that I didn't realise I was holding. He starts to lead the way to walk by the lake.

"Well, there's not much to tell. I like chocolate and reading. Ideally together. My favourite colour is green" he looks at me, smiles and wiggles his eye brows. I'm sure it's to show me he has green eyes. But I already know that. I can't stop thinking about them. I carry on.

"I like watching the walking dead, although I always have to double check the door before I go to bed if I watch it at night." I laugh at my self, but he doesn't say anything just lets me carry on talking.

 "I don't only like one type of music. I like all kinds, and I am always willing to try new bands I haven't heard of. People who are bitches and jerks annoy me. But I don't let them bother me. So consider yourself warned. This is your one chance." I look up at him with a smirk on my lips and he nods his head.

"I can take a hint. I know I was a jerk. I'm trying now.  What else?" he says softly.

"Ermm, I miss driving. It's been a while since I've driven anywhere."

"Why don't you drive your aunts car then?"

"Honestly?" I ask, just like he asked me a few minutes earlier. He nods and stops walking.

"I think I'm too scared to. And no I don't mind that you know." I shrug my shoulders and carry on. Not looking to see if he's following me.

I know he will.

--------
--------
And the dates not even over yet!!
What's still to come!! Da da dahhhh!!

Don't forget to leave any comments you have and vote

Much love
Lizzie. xxx

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
331K 12.3K 80
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
786 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
629K 22K 24
||Book One of The Broken Wolves Trilogy|| Leo Williams was a 16 year old boy that had a normal life, for a werewolf anyway, up until his mom died. Af...