The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

Here comes the bride..

288 20 8
By Z0EYYY

I had some amazing feedback for the previous chapter and a lot of you gave me some very good advice. I wanted to try something new but I also thought about how I have young readers so maybe I can put a chapter separately and try it out some other time.

I think the next chapter is going to be the bomb shell you all have been waiting for :P

This one's a long chapter! Took me forever to write!

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

Here comes the bride..

It felt so right as our lips met together. David grabbed my hair roughly and pulled my head upwards to deepen the kiss. My hands automatically went into his hair and I held a fist full of them.

Without any shame, I changed my position and got in his lap.

I could feel him underneath me, getting all hot and bothered. He involuntarily rubbed himself against me, a moan escaping his lips.

I grabbed the first button on his shirt and started undoing it.

"Elizabeth.." he said breaking the kiss, but I heard none of it.

I pushed him down onto the bed and he didn't complain as I resumed kissing him and taking his shirt off.

I loved the feel of his bare chest on my hand.

As I admired him, he flipped us over with his super speed and a surprised laugh escaped my lips.

He trailed kisses down my jaw line on to my throat. I moaned a little as he nibbled on my skin and into the night we went.

***

I woke up with a mild headache to my phone vibrating over and over again.

I looked at it and it seemed I had a lot of missed calls and messages from family and friends especially Lindsay.

It suddenly hit me that the wedding was today at sunset because we missed the rehearsal dinner yesterday.

My friends on the other hand were concerned whether I was dead or alive after they probably found my car, I decided since I would sooner or later die I might as well start from here, otherwise what would I say? Hey I am alive but I am dying from something unknown? That would be like putting them through torture. So I ignored that for now.

There was also a message from Daniel to meet him and give him the answer by tonight.

I rushed out of bed with the sheet wrapped around me. David was nowhere in sight. That knowledge stung a little but I had no time to dwell on that.

I rushed to the bathroom and decided to take a quick shower.

I managed to get in regardless of feeling a bit dizzy.

I rushed through my shower even as my body protested and right when I stepped out of the shower I felt so nauseous that I slipped, lost my balance and fell on the floor hitting my head on the sink.

***

I was tied somewhere, my arms extended above me and they hurt. I looked around to a weird room.

There was a man.... A scarred man.. He looked like the man who followed me in the café and everywhere around... he looked like that shadow... why was he looking at me? Had I been kidnapped?

Lincoln.. wasn't he dead? Was I dreaming?

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain! Sloan? Why was he hurting me? I screamed.

"Liz" I heard David call out. I opened my eyes to find myself in a completely different environment; I was back in the dingy motel room.

David had me in his arms, gently holding my head up and pushing my hair back. "Are you okay? What happened?"

I looked around "I must have hit my head somewhere or fainted."

He helped me stand up "do you feel okay enough to walk?" I nodded but he still helped me to bed.

I was in nothing but a towel, yet I felt no embarrassment. I must have looked confused because David said "What's wrong?"

I looked at him and said "Lincoln and Sloan, I know they died in a plane crash.. but I had a weird dream about them." *PEOPLE DO NOT FREAK OUT, I AM SURE YOU'VE FIGURED IT OUT. IT'S NOT OVER. Drumroll!!!*

He tensed up a little in discomfort, I am sure this must be a sore topic for him, to lose his best friend and brother together, "What kind of dream?"

I hesitated "I'm sure it's nothing. We missed the rehearsal dinner; let's try not to miss the wedding." I rushed back into my scattered clothes.

We didn't have a car anymore so David decided to take me with him to the castle by using his vampire speed. Weirdly we yet had to talk about what we did last night and where we stood with each other after what had happened.

Unfortunately by the time we got there we didn't have any time. Lindsay was freaking out about certain things and James required David's assistance and the Queen was busy supervising the decorations and other things that the party planner was supposed to do.

The castle was decorated so well! It has red roses everywhere and white lilies and matched the bride's bouquet. She wanted a red and white wedding and so far everything looked spectacular. The combination was something I suggested as I always wanted that for my wedding, the red contrasting with the white really had a beautiful effect. The red was also subtle enough to not overwhelm the white. It was in perfect quantity and I loved it so far. I had helped Lindsay in everything, I did hers the way I had planned mine without telling her. I wanted the best thing for her.

Overwhelmed I felt tears come to my eyes. David whispered "I remember."

It held a silent acknowledgement that he remembered what I had wanted our wedding to be, he remembered my little book, the one with all my wedding plans.

"This was supposed to be ours..." he said solemnly.

"But it's not." I smiled and walked away.

Lindsay wasn't very happy about missing the rehearsal dinner but when I told her about the accident she understood. Of course I didn't tell her that I slept with her brother-in-law.

I helped her into her dress even though there were makeup artists, hair stylists and other professionals surrounding her but I felt I needed to do it. For her and myself.

I had gown very fond of her and close to her, we really considered each other sisters and I couldn't have been happier for her.

I didn't even feel upset over the fact that soon after this wedding David's would take place too. Did last night mean anything? Did it change anything?

"You look absolutely magnificent, Lindsay."

"Thank you Liz, for always being there for me, for everything."

"Back at ya sis." She smiled and got in her chair as the hair and make-up artists started doing their job.

"I'm going to go get ready in my room."

"No, no I got your stuff shifted in my room and I've got stylists for you, it's not every day that I get married now is it?" I laughed, so typical.

"Always thinking about everything huh?"

"Hey, without you, my wedding wouldn't have been half as pretty, so consider this as a thank you present."

We talked a little till our make-up artists shut us up because we weren't letting them do their job because of the movements.

I decided to close my eyes for a bit to relax before the wedding starts. I thought back to my moments with David, I thought about Daniels text, I wondered if I was doing the right thing with my friends, I thought about my death and lastly I thought about my parents, my REAL parents. I couldn't die without uncovering the truth.

Then I recalled the dance moves, how aptly they fit, how aptly we fit together. Why had I given up on him? What was I thinking? I would rather die than to lose him to someone else. How could I have let him go when everything with him felt so right? He was my first and he will be my last. But could I really change our destiny?

I thought about how I needed to look strong, for my dad, for Lindsay and for my people. I was sure I would feel my emotions falling here and there but I will maintain my composure.

Maybe I should tell everyone about this unexplainable sickness I had acquired, maybe it was time to let them help me, or at least to say goodbye, because who was I to decide what was best for them?

I also thought about the dreams, the nightmares. Were they really just nightmares? Ever since the one I had about Sloan, I couldn't help shed the feeling that these were more than just dreams. Because how could they just be dreams? They felt so real.

The girls that died in the bathroom... the dreams where I am running away from someone... the scarred man... Sloan and Lindcoln.. Something just didn't add up. Maybe I had seen the future somehow; maybe Sloan and Lincoln had lied to everyone. Maybe their plane crash was like my parents car crash- just a lie.

But then I thought why would they do this? They have no reason behind it and maybe my past is making me go crazy and skeptical. Maybe it was playing tricks on my mind.

"You are very cold and are looking pale Miss Mason" said the make-up artist bringing me out of my thoughts. "Would you like me to get you something warm?"

"No I feel fine thank you." I smiled feeling a little faint. "Excuse me a minute, I need to go to the bathroom."

I went there just in time to spot a nose bleed and rushed to clean it up. Soon after Lindsay followed me in. "I thought I smelled blood."

"I'm okay, I promise." I replied with a big smile not wanting the bride to worry about me on my big day.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Now go back! Otherwise you won't be ready in time."

My smile and enthusiasm must have assured her as she went back to where she came from.

I took a deep breath, wiped the extra blood off of me and went back to my chair.

Someone was also making my hair. It was blow dried to perfection. Once they were done, my hair cascaded down my face perfectly in loose curls. I could easily pass off as an angel with my glowing skin which was contoured to perfection with the perfect amount of blush. My eye make-up was very light, just some eyeliner, mascara and a deep blood red lipstick.

"Thank you, you both did a wonderful job." I smiled at my stylist and artist.

They smiled back and said "The honor is all ours, we have always admired you and it was a pleasure to use our skills on you."

The other one said "my younger sister is a huge fan of yours, we have always been loyal to the Mason family, you have made us all very proud."

"Thank you for your kind words, it was a good experience for me and maybe after the wedding I can meet your younger sister." I smiled.

"Oh my God, really?? That would be amazing! Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." I got up to get into my outfit. It was the same shade as my lipstick. Since the theme of the wedding was white and red, the maid of honor and the bridesmaids decided to wear red so that the bride could stand in contrast with us. It was a simple dress which had a square neck-, was sleeveless and extended to a little above my knee. It was tight around the bodice and torso but flowed brilliantly below. It was accompanied with a six inch black heel.

When Lindsay saw me she made an admiring sound "mhmm mhmm mhmmmmm. Boys better watch it. You just took sexy to a whole new level."

I laughed. "Well, they'd only notice me if they can get their eyes off the gorgeous bride!!!"

"Red always looked great on you. And those legs are to die for!" I did notice that the neck line was a little too low for me, and my legs showed too much.

"Why is this dress so short?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes, "Courtesy of Keisha and my friends, they wanted something super sexy yet simple. You were busy with your ruling duties so I didn't disturb you over all this."

I smiled and side hugged her "You never disturb me. I'm going to go check on everything, everyone and get your bridal bouquet."

"You're my herooo!" I heard her say as I left.

James was a couple of rooms down and I saw David standing at the door. When he saw me, I noticed how his whole face changed, he seemed surprised and his mouth slightly fell open. My heart skipped a beat.

"Everything okay in there?" I pointed towards the room.

Looking a little lost he said "Kind of."

I raised an eyebrow. "Kind of?"

Unconsciously I reached out and fixed his tie as it leaned towards the right side. His ties always did lean towards the right till I fixed them.

He grabbed my hand and said "You look stunning." His fangs elongating on their own.

I smiled a little at the implication and replied, "Thanks, you look good too." He himself looked so dashing in a three piece suit, looking every bit the prince he was.

I knocked on the door, "James?"

"Come in." I heard his reply.

When I went in he was pacing in the room. "Is everything okay?" I said raising an eyebrow.

He shook his head side to side "does it look like I'm okay?" he grabbed his hair and sat down, "I can't figure out my vows, and the wedding is just a couple of hours away!!!"

Letting go of the breathe I didn't know I was holding I said "That's it?" I had been expecting worse. "I thought you were going to call off the wedding the way you're pacing around."

"I don't know what to say, Lindsay wanted us to do something special but I can't think of anything to say to the most perfect person for me, she's just so brilliant and amazing."

I smiled "so that what you say. You say what's in your heart."

"What if it's not good enough?" he looked at me worried and uncertain about himself. I had never seen him like this.

"It will be, she will love it, no matter what you say, because she loves you. Surely you know that. She chose you. Always remember that. You'll do great." I gave his arm a light encouraging squeeze.

"I am going to go do my maid of honor things, you stay put because you'll be knocked off your feet when you see your bride." I winked and left.

When I got out of the room, I made a mental list of all the things I needed to do.

I decided to go check on the other bridesmaids first and if they were done they could go be with Lindsay. The security had also been doubled just in case the hunters decided to attack us, especially with so many important people in one place. The castle looked marvelous if everyone could get past the security. It looked like an impenetrable fortress.

I made my way and gathered everyone. Keisha looked at me and her mouth fell open a bit, "You look..." I was expecting an insult but to my surprise she said "stunning."

"Thank you, you look great too." And she did. She cleaned up good. I thought it would be better not to tell her that Lindsay had hired someone for me and not her future sister-in-law.

Furthermore, she said "Best of luck for the dance and everything." I nodded with a smile.

Well.. That was unexpected. Maybe she had thawed after I gave her my wedding dress.. Maybe now she understood, I wasn't her enemy. But why did it hurt so much to know she will have everything I ever wanted. She would have David.

Motivated to not let my mood dampen I went to get the flowers for Lindsay, only to find out that the bouquet looked so bad. I knew Lindsay, she would hate it and might even throw a fit. Hurriedly I asked the person for fresh flowers and assembled some myself and let them wrap it up. In the process I got pricked by the thorns in the roses before they started to cut them off.

Damn it. I ran into Mike while going in to try to clean the blood off my hands.

"Easy there, you're bleeding in a castle full of vampires. What happened?"

"Got pricked by some roses, I was making Lindsay's bridal bouquet. They had it wrong."

"I will pretend like I understand you girls, but I don't, let me have a look at it." After observing it for a second he said "I can still see a thorn, we have to go to my lab, I'll take it out and put a bandage on."

"No way, you're not putting anything on that'll stand out like a sore thumb."

"Well, I am the doctor and I will do what I think is right. It'll keep hurting-"

"Let it!"

He gave me a glare and said "fine, you leave me no choice." He took out his phone and sent a text to someone.

I gave him a glare back and tried to grab his phone to see who he sent a text to but he wouldn't let me.

A minute or so later, David was standing right in front of us. Mike and I were standing way to close, in fact, since I was trying to grab his phone I was half way leaning on him towards his hand that was extended upwards but behind him.

He cleared his throat and I pulled back hoping he could just erase this moment from his mind, just when we were getting closer this had to happen.

"What's going on here?" he said in a voice I barely recognized.

Mike looked a bit hesitant, who wouldn't. David's poise was so striking that anyone in front of him would tremble in fear.

"Um. Liz- Elizabeth's hand got wounded from some thorns; I was wondering if you could heal her, she refuses to put anything on it and their pretty deep."

"It's still bleeding." He said as a matter of fact. It was? I looked down to see that it was bleeding, a lot, why wasn't it stopping?

"She is?" Mike said. "She shouldn't be, that's weird."

"You'd notice if you would do your job and figure out what's wrong and its only possible if you aren't so preoccupied." Mike looked at me, his expression fierce and it made me worried.

"This is all happening because Liz isn't well. I think it's time to tell him Elizabeth."

"Tell me what?" said David, the first flicker of emotion on his face and it wasn't good.

"Nothing, it's nothing." I glared at Mike, he said he wouldn't tell anyone.

Mike grabbed my arm with force that might even leave a mark. "When are you going to tell him? I can't handle this anymore."

"After the wedding."

"Elizabeth!-"

Before Mike could say another word David said "Enough!" there was so much force behind it that even if we didn't want to we still would comply. "I don't have time for this bullshit. You want a secret, keep it." He grabbed my neck roughly and sank his teeth into it.

I gasped.

It wasn't like those times where I felt bliss and that amazing sensations when David would bite to put his venom in to heal me. No, it wasn't like that at all. It was excruciatingly painful. It was a rare moment, it was a moment where I felt what David felt; pain, hurt and anger.

The second he was done, he vanished in thin air and I felt myself fall to my knees feeling a bit disoriented. Mike caught me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Was I okay? I nodded, unable to speak, feeling tears prick my eyes.

I regained my balance and excused myself. My hands had healed but I was still wounded. My heart hurt.

-Z

The picture of Elizabeth's dress will be on FB so... If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 0 6
The sequel to TORN....The story continues.
978K 31K 51
He was so stubborn, adamant not to marry the girl he had never encountered with. She was left alone standing in the altar, humiliated. Her betrothed...
58.9K 1.4K 24
After having married the love of her life.....Lillian's marriage hits rock bottom due to certain circumstances caused by someone she thought she coul...