More Than Friends

By intellectual212

Odell and Kenya have been best friends throughout college. As graduation approaches and both their lives are... More

Broken Dreams
No Debate
Man Law
Not Good Enough
Game Day
Walmart Surprises
What Was I Thinking
Oblivious
1 To My 3
Bish Somebody better Get Khloe
Keep Him Happy
Question Guys About Story
Meeting Half-Way
Be Alright
Omg Yall I Just Died
More Than A Bestfriend
Savage
Anybody Know How To Make Gif
Answered Prayer
Reformed Heaux
Warnin: Turn Your Phone Brightness Down
Would Yall Look At This Ratchery
Struggle Plates
Reader Check-In
Unleashing My Sexy Part 1
Just For Me
Why They Do Odell Like This
Second Chances
Pimpin
Airport Goodbyes
More Important Than Football
Odell Been A Dancer
Odell Stanning For Lebron
For You Heaxs That Want Ramen Hair
I'm Fine
Grieving
Getting Through It
Lil odell
Which One Of Yall Can Pass For an 8th graders
Cooking Redos
Chosen Few
What Do You Guys Love About Them
Protecting Myself
Brandon's Surprise
Baby Fever
Bleeding Gold and Purple
Do You Guys Have Any Questions
Championship
Next Move
Have To Understand
Guess Who
Rude Awakening
Can I Just Say Yall The Best
New Holiday
How You Finish
Real Husbands of Oxford
Billy With The Blue Eyes
Like Everybody Else
Question About Sequel
Hug A Black Man
Freedom Songs
You Heauxs Will Leave Me Alone
Unified
What Do You Think About Scott
Nothing Ruined
Section 8 Dates
Burn Your Soul
Best day
This Book Is Ending Soon
Conflict Story Question
Flashback: Tutoring Session
Flashback: Send You Back To The Hood
I See Y'all Like The Flashbacks
Flashback: Research
Flashback: The Secret
What Are You Guys Learning
Flashback: The Truth
Flashback: That's It
Flashback: Why Do I Care
My Cam Sings To Me
Flashback: Good Black Man
Flashback: Friends
Flashback: Written Prayers
Flashback: Jealous
Three More Flashback Chapters
Odell Boy If You Dont
Flashback: The L Word
Odell Is Not With Demi
Flashback: Thick Creation
Flashback: Drunk Nights
How Many Times is Odell
Flashback: The Ritual
Karol's Cosemtics
Somebody Come Get Odell
My Day
What Are You Thinking Babies
This Book Is Done

Game Changer

52.9K 3.1K 1.3K
By intellectual212

Kenya POV-

"Put Odell in the game! We are fucking losing." Brandon screamed toward the field as though O's coach could hear him.

I looked at the scoreboard and shook my head. It was the second quarter and the score was 14 to O. Us being zero.

It was extremely clear that without O and Juice, our offense was severely weak. On top of that, the coach told the media O and Juice were sitting out do to behavioral problems, which would look bad on them for potential NFL scouts who might be in the crowd.

He wasn't happy at the beginning of the game and I know with this score and not being able to get on the field it was burning him up inside. Especially since Jacksonville State wasn't as nearly as good as them. In fact they sucked and were kicking their asses.

"They kicking our ass. I'm ten seconds away from walking on that field and busting that coach head in. I got NFL dreams. NFL dreams dammit and it is not going to get ruined because his dumbass does not want to put Odell in the game. Jarvis deserved every bit of the ass whooping he got and his coach should be able to understand that." Brandon said legitimately upset.

I laughed.

"Ain't shit funny."

"It is. You acting like Cam Newton is really waiting on you."

"He is." Brandon stood up. "I'm coming Cam. I'll be there sooner if they put Odell in the game." He screamed across the field again as though the coach could hear him.

"Damn man. What the hell is going on?" I heard someone behind me say as Jacksonville State scored yet another touchdown.

I looked over to where O was and he had got up and punched the water cooler over. I sighed. That concluded the first half of the game, then they went back into the locker room.

Odell POV

"Coach you gotta put Juice and O in the game. They kicking our ass out there and we not gon win without them."

"Get out my face Duke." My coach walked away from him frustrated.

"Coach we a ten times better team than Jacksonville but need our best receivers. We lose this we gon lose our momentum. We haven't loss a game yet." Duke continued to plead on our behalf.

Coach sighed and ran his hands down his face. He looked at me and Juice. He finally said, "Odell I'm putting you in."

"What?" Juice stood up angry.

"I said I'm putting Odell in. You got a problem with that?"

"Yeah, why does he get to play and not me? I'm the better receiver."

I chuckled to myself. My numbers spoke for themselves. I wasn't going to debate.

"Because I know you Juice and I know whatever happened, you instigated it. Odell suit up." My coach said and walked out.

"Man that's some bullshit." Juice kicked his locker with his foot. "Niggas always kissing Odell ass. He ain't shit and he play like shit."

I ignored him and got dressed. I needed to be mentally focused, not focused on Juice and his temper tantrum.

"Juice you know Dell the better match up with the Jacksonville defense." Marcus Brown one of my teammates defended me.

"All y'all niggas some kiss asses."

"It ain't a matter of kissing ass. It's a matter of who gon help us win in this moment and you know and I know we need Odell." Luther another teammate defended me.

"Fuck you Marcus. Fuck all y'all." Juice grabbed his things and stormed out the locker room.

I tried to block all the negativity out of my mind and focused on what I needed to which was coming back from this 21 point deficit. It was going to take a miracle. But luckly my miracle worker was in the stands. I quickly put on my gloves and ran out on the field to the section where K was sitting for our ritual. This was definitely against rules to be on the field at half-time, but I couldn't take any chances in this situation.

"K." I yelled.

She spotted me and hurriedly walked down.

"Coach letting me in." I held out my gloves to her.

She kissed them.

Instead of kissing her forehead I tried to kiss her lips, but she turned away where I caught her cheek. I gave her a confused look, but ignored it. I didn't have much time.

I ran back to the locker room. Our coach gave us some motivational words and we went back out for the second half.

Kenya POV-

"Are you honestly studying right now?" Odell came in the bedroom after taking his shower.

"I have a big exam Monday O." I said writing my answers into my study guide.

I did that. Typed the questions that could possible be on the test and then wrote the answers. It helped me memorize them.

"I single handily took the game to overtime K. And then made the game
Winning catch."

"I was there O." I said not looking up while I was writing.

"Its not easy to come back from a 21 point deficit like that."

"And you did it. Can you hand me that calculator?" I asked writing not looking up.

I felt him stare at me a moment, then get the calculator off the desk behind him.

"Thank you." I said as he handed it to me.

"This was an important game to me." He sat on the edge of the bed where I was. His bottom half was still wrapped in his towel.

"And I understand that O."

"You can't take a few minutes to go celebrate with me?" He removed the paper from my hands and pecked my lips, then it led into a full blown French kiss.

"I already lost study time going to the game O. " I stopped the kiss and got the papers back.

"You got all day tomorrow." He kissed me again.

"I don't like cramming." I lovingly touched both his cheeks and looked into his eyes. "I'll make it up to you after this exam. Promise."

"You better." He kissed me one more time and got up and got dressed.

Marcus one of his teammates was having a party at his apartment to celebrate the win and that's where O was headed.

"See you later." He grabbed his keys.

I waved goodbye and he was out.

Odell POV-
I watched as my teammates drank, laughed and had a good time. Here I had the biggest game of my college career so far, but I wasn't feeling right.

I sat at his bar, drinking my drink and looking at my mentions that had blew up. ESPN even mentioned me.

I sent a screen shot to K.

Me: Pay close attention to the line that says "today Odell Beckham Jr solidified himself as the BEST college receiver."

I smiled super hard and pressed send. Just knowing she'd be impressed.

K: 🙄

My smile faded.

"Bruh you good?" Marcus came and patted me on my back.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm cool. Just reflecting on how I beat Jacksonville ass." I smirked.

"And that you did." He dapped me up. "Well let me know if you need anything."

"Aight."

He walked away and scrolled through my phone.

Great game baby. Love you and I'm so proud of you. - Mom

That's my boy lighting up that field can't wait to see you  live and in action against Auburn. -Pop

You my hero cuz. - Cousin Evan

Wow Odell wonderful game. I miss you. -Random Beckie. Delete.

I had over a 70
messages from friends, family of praise, but one stood out.

The 🙄.

Maybe I was thinking too much about it.

Future's Real Sisters started to play. I got up and made it my business to drown out anything I was feeling and have a good time. I'll deal with that later.

Imaging O dancing like below.

Thank you so much my babies that responded about what you wanted to see. You guys and your feedback is invaluable.

I asked some people to further clarify what they meant, please check to see if it was you and respond. I really want to know.

And to those who said O is dependent on K and want to see him grow more mentally, explain what you mean so I understand?

Also, why do you think K is very dismissive of O?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 16.4K 49
When you're young life is easy and things are black and white. As we get older the world changes and taints us, making lines that were once so clear...
120K 5.1K 24
They were best friends. It felt like yesterday the young boy lost his bestfriend. They known eachother since pre school, but everything changed on t...
39.6K 1.1K 20
The cutest couple (Y/N and Odell Beckham Jr. ) just starting their lives as they leave Louisiana State University their senior year. As their Cindere...
8.3K 427 16
Amirah Thibedeaux, a resilient beauty finding love at first sight with a Millionaire who built an All Black Utopic town himself in Louisiana..