Endotherm {Thorin/Hobbit}

By Patagonian

"The world was young, the mountains green, No stain yet on the Moon was seen, No words were laid on stream or... More

||Prologue||
Endotherm | Part 1
||Chapter 1||
||Chapter 2||
||Chapter 3||
||Chapter 4||
||Chapter 5||
||Chapter 6||
||Chapter 7||
||Chapter 8||
Endotherm | Part 2
||Chapter 9||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Chapter 12||
||Chapter 13||
||Chapter 14||
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
Endotherm | Part 3
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapter 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 28||
||Chapter 29||
Endotherm | Part 4
||Chapter 30||
||Chapter 31||
||Chapter 32||
||Chapter 33||
||Chapter 34||
||Chapter 35||
||Chapter 36||
||Chapter 37||
Further Reading

||Epilogue||

5.2K 207 88
By Patagonian

||Epilogue||

<|Fourth Age|>

Endor Rose Baggins--now Endor Durin--became the true force of change within the Lonely Mountain.  Where Barklow was the one to save, and continues to do so, Endor was the one that created the fates of the many in Middle Earth within her connections to the dwarves and hobbits.

Fili married a young dwarrowdam quickly after the birth of Endor and Thorin Oakenshield's second child, bearing two children that would be the commanders of swordsman in the Ereborian army in the years to come.  Kili and Tauriel were married prior, having one child that bore the rambunctious Durin streak, yet gracefulness of an elf.  Surely, the attributes served as powerful tools when it came to creating destruction within the Lonely Mountain...all for fun, of course.

Dwalin and Balin continue in their posts, having no desire other than to serve their King and Queen Under the Mountain.  To this day, Dwalin serves as the greatest friend of Endor, and Balin, the confidant of the King.  They are happy in all aspects of their lives.

Thorin and Endor Durin have four children, the first two being girls and the latter two, boys.  With the names of Hera, Fray, Maron, and Ilis and their parent's genes, the quartet were famous across the lands for their beauty and sure powers in battle.

Hera Durin was the first born, adorned with curly blonde hair and blue eyes.  With an easy smile that is not normally exposed under her serious demeanor, she had all races entranced in her from the very sight of such a grin.  And it came in handy, the girl being one of the two protectors of Frodo in the travels of the Fellowship, old enough to fight at the age of twenty-six.  One of the ten Fellowship members, Hera Durin made a name for herself in the early years of her life. 

    Fray, the second-born girl, wears her straight brown hair and blue eyes with utter confidence, just a year younger than her sister.  Antonymous to Hera, Fray is pure trouble as a child and as an adult, her smirk being discussed all across the lands.  And though she never grows out of that mischievous streak, it comes in handy for battle as she sneaks onto the back of an eagle and takes out many of the Nazgul herself.  She is to be known as the 'Flight Killer' for the rest of her life. 

    Maron, the first-born boy and partner-in-crime to Fray, is twenty-three at the time of the War of the Ring's start.  With his curly brown hair and blue eyes, resembling his father, he was known to be trouble when it came to his charm.  Constantly, stories are told of his victory over most troubles, being able to wink his way out of situations with a few bouts of flattery.  It came in-handy when Erebor made alliances before the War of the Ring, and will continue to serve him in his eternal youth. 

    The youngest of the family, and second boy (the only bet Endor won), is Ilis.  At the age of twenty-one, still a teenager in human-years, he was much like his oldest sister.  With straight blonde hair and blue eyes, he applied a serious tone in all his conversations, being well versed in most literature.  Known for his battle strategies that never lost Erebor a battle, he was applauded throughout the entirety of Middle Earth for his input at the Battle of the Black Gate.  Once he is fully grown, Ilis is to be a force few reckon with. 

    Frodo Baggins does as he must in the War of the Ring, being the Ringbearer and hero of Middle Earth.  And though he is far stronger from his time spent with the dwarves, he holds to that hobbit innocence that still marks Bilbo Baggins.  With his niece, Hera, and age-old friend, Sam, the victory they receive over Middle Earth is almost too sweet.  The scars that many expected Frodo to receive are absent from his heart at the end, Hera and his family being a continual push to destroy Sauron without a loss of himself.  Frodo Baggins succeeds in this task, bearing the title of 'hero' humbly as he moves back to Erebor.  His fellow hobbits visit on occasion, often with their families, and Frodo Baggins will never be happier than he is today.

    The elves depart to the Grey Havens at the end of the war, leaving some feeling of loss in Endor's heart but knowing this is for the best.  Her goodbyes with Thranduil and Elrond are bittersweet.  The real struggle comes with Gandalf's departure, Thorin having to pull her away before she jumps onto the boat with him.  It will be the first loss of many with her obvious immortality, but Thorin will continue to be her strength through the river of trials that life surely brings. 

    Endor Durin partakes in the War of the Ring with Thorin and Erebor at her side.  Warriors in both the Battle of Pelennor Fields and the Battle for Middle Earth, she earns her title of a soldier, and not just a Queen Under the Mountain.  The story of her life, one of much tragedy and forgiveness, is a legend across the lands, and will continue to be so as long as man breathes.  And her love of Thorin Oakenshield is easily witnessed everyday, reassuring the stories of how a small hobbit became queen over a dwarf king's heart.  This is what all women dream of in their youth, but Endor Baggins is more than the simple exemplification of a princess tale.  The hobbit is more than just a 'pretty face of innocence and helplessness.'  She is the strength and foundation of Thorin Oakenshield, mother of her children and the 'Hero of Middle Earth,' uniter of nations, traitor of hobbits, savior of dwarves,  and the strongest Queen Under the Mountain.

    Endor is the exemplification of the goodness in these lands, and maybe that is why she bears the Sindarin name of Middle Earth itself, Endor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End

It's becoming easier to write that for every story, but still, my heart hurts.

I would like to thank you all for reading Endotherm and being such loyal fans even with my wacky update schedule and less-than-decent chapters. You rock!

For those of you wishing to know more about Endor/Thorin/family/etc, just comment here and I'll respond as best as I can.

And, for those wondering if I will write another Thorin/OC fanfic, I'm sorry to say that this is not a plan at the moment. However, I did say that after my first one, and here I am finishing the second. So, overall, I'll probably end up writing another one within the year, I just have yet to look into it.

Look to the next chapter for more information on my other stories.

Thank you again for all the comment/votes/adds/love! I truly appreciate all you do!

xo

Patagonian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 69 19
"I will stay safe. I promise," I said, pulling back and looking her in the eyes. They were red and puffy from crying, and her face was tearstained. I...
2.2K 113 18
-𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩...𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚? -𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙... -𝙊𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩? -𝙔𝙤𝙪... ________________________...
24K 471 15
"I am not from a race that your knowledge knows of." Everyone shared confused glances. "It couldn't be." Balin spoke, slightly standing up. ~ You, Te...
338K 9.4K 38
An Elleth named Alvena Baggins has grown up with Bilbo Baggins. Her whole life believing she was an unusual and strange Hobbit. Alvena is tired of th...